the Rift

[OPEN] No pity here [crafting]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
The great Glazier was feeling sorry for himself. It was pathetic, really. The moon was full in all her glory, high above him in the height of nighttime splendor. The mists were in peak form, actively swirling, dissipating, and thickening between the trees. They played in the Lady’s light, creating illusions for all who dared to wander them.

The Elephant did. He wandered and plodded, lost in the mists and his thoughts. Why had insomnia plagued him so much, lately? Perhaps if he had other distractions at night…

He pinned his ears at the thought. Annoyed at himself for forever thinking with his endowment beneath his barrel. For forever hovering at the edge of his mind’s darkness. For forever feeling sorry for himself. Pathetic. Get yourself together, man.

He halted his sweeping strides, roughly shaking his body as if to rid himself of this sorry state. His buckskin hide was damp with mist, glowing silver in the full moon’s shine. The bold black slashes on his sides were muted to grey in the ethereal light. The paleness on his face gleamed against the ink markings. Even his deep blue eyes were lightened in the white light.

Though his eyes were as creased as his thick brow— gaze casting around him. Where had he ended up? His gaze met an amethyst one. It was glittering and hard. The eyes of the glass dragon. Though it’s marvelous body was marred only by small cracks running along the glassy skin, it was the face that captured Tembovu’s attention.

Was it… frowning at him? The large stallion blinked once. Twice. His head cocked to the side, ears perking forward from their annoyed pinning. “Surely you can’t be one to pass judgement on me?” The low rumble that escaped him was disbelieving. Did that frown turn into a glower?!

Thick, black tipped ears went flush with his head, teeth barring slightly in his foul mood. “Keep the opinionated looks to yourself, glass friend,” though his words were genial, the tone with which he spat them was sorely miffed. In a surprisingly juvenile move (perhaps because he knew how ridiculous he was being), he swung his haunches around, giving his hind end to the glass beast.

Glancing nonchalantly over a massive shoulder, he looked at the beast out of the corner of his eye. It’s face seemingly went back to an impassive (if frightening) stare. He huffed slightly, satisfaction flashing superficially through him. He showed him.

It was short-lived, though. For the absurdity and sorrow of the situation overtook his satisfaction ten-fold. Could he only best a glass statue in a battle of wills? And was the glass statue really who he was spending his evening with? Dejectedly, he drug his hoof through one of the last puddles of Birdsong. The snow must have been sheltered by the trees and mists here, to have lasted so late. But eventually all snow yields to Tallsun’s impending heat.

He snorts loudly, pawing the puddle. The flying droplets shattered the mist around his forelegs, crystalline arrows to the mischievous fog. That felt good, hitting things felt good. Even if it was just water and the ground. He was a stallion, after all.

So he pawed his leg again. And again. Then both front hooves left the earth, coming down to slam all the water out of this poor puddle—

A creak of cracking glass. Suddenly the amethyst gaze was beside his, disapproval written in every sculpted line of that marvelously menacing face. Shock was written all over the elephant’s, as he turned his head to watch the dragon with wide eyes while his front end fell slowly back to earth.

Since the Glazier was massive, a spray of droplets still showered the air in a ring around his front legs. The dragon sighed— a haughty sigh that seemed to say, “If you are going to act like a colt, at least be productive about it.” The sigh condensed as mist around the droplets, hardening them, shaping them. Until they fell as a large, continuous ring of beaded crystal around his hooves.

What? Had he done this? He lowered his broad, pale grey muzzle to inspect this new glass. He snorted in surprise as it shocked the tender, velvet skin. His head flew up, twisting to look for the dragon.

It was sitting smugly where it had been before, purple stones slightly narrowed in the self-righteous look it now wore. Or, at least, it seemed to wear. Tembovu’s own, cobalt eyes narrowed suspiciously at the beast, before they snapped back to the new creation at his feet.

Now what?

Image|Table
ooc| This might not be allowed, BUT I had this scene in my head and it was too much fun to write. I can change it/delete it/whatever it. But I just had to write it XD (and the mists could be the cause of a lot of what he saw ;] )

Anyway, this is the crafting thread for a yellow glass chain of beads!

Please tag Tembovu.

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ruairi

SPLASH

He’s making quite a ruckus - the big unicorn. He reminds me of a deer or a gazelle of some sort with that black band across his sides and the white hugged up against it, but he’s much too large to be either of those. I think I remember that black band among the commotion of the herd meeting, but what was his name? Te-... Ti-...? Oh, like I’d remember, even if he had said it.

A resigned sigh flutters through my nostrils. I’m really horrible with names and there’s nothing personal or passive aggressive about it, but everyone mistakenly thinks I’m being rude or dismissive when I have to ask what they’re called five times. It’s not like I intentionally forget! I guess my brain just doesn’t think details like that are important enough to commit space to.

SPLASH

Then again, maybe I’d be better off striking a friendship with someone a little less - splish - destructive. He’s been pounding away in that puddle for several minutes like some incensed colt denied his latest request. Maybe offending him should be the last thing I worry about… but he didn’t seem angry or unhappy at the herd meeting. I guess we all were on our best behavior though.

KER-THUNK

The wild spray of droplets rising from the stallion’s pawing suddenly explodes into a geyser of muddy water as he slams both front hooves down into the ground. Water flies up around him, thickening the thin mist to a semi-opaque wall of liquid drops, obscuring my view. For a second I flinch away, eyes narrowing and ears twisting defensively even standing this distance away. When I look back, fully expecting to see the big oaf splattered with muck, it’s as if the water has hardened in the air and bounces to the earth in solid state - In shiny, smooth, solid state. Like the wall! He must be a Glazier!

I bound forward carelessly, eyes glued to the little sparkling circle at the stallion’s hooves. It’s not until I rush close enough to realize the size of those hooves that I discipline myself enough to look up – into the much larger and much taller face of the stallion.

OOC: @Tembovu Hi! I don't know what Tegns are, but she's really interested in glass crafting.

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
With the full moon hanging overhead Nuray embraced the night. Though her head hurt and blood leaked out of her ears (which truly must be a horrible sight) she carried a pep in her step. The Moon was so beautiful in the night sky. Full moons were always such wonderful occasions as it showed off the Goddess' power and allure. Like a witch the pale maiden wished to dance beneath the Moon and sing songs of Her praises. If only the Edge had a place of worship so that she may gift her beloved Goddess. That was one huge difference between her old home and this one. Why was there hardly anyone out? It was the night of the full moon which was meant to be a celebration!

Nuray couldn't help but snort in annoyance at those sleeping through this event. In the distant she heard a noise and, perhaps, she was not as alone as she thought. With the shadows lovingly embracing her thinly layered sides, the mare glided through the darkness like an apparition. Each placement of her hooves was calculated as she easily weaved through the trees despite the dark sky overhead.

Amusement at what she was witnessing temporarily washed away any bitter thoughts. There stood Tembovu, the mighty Glazier of the World's Edge, arguing with a glass dragon statue. "My dear." she called out as she stepped out of the shadows and into the pale light of the moon. "Surely it's best not to argue with the glass." Golden eyes shifted to the dragon that seemed nearly alive despite being made of glass. She dipped herself into a curtsy, "Good evening to you." If the glass could truly understand her had yet to be discovered but she figured she could play along with the stallion.

She watched in awe as the elephant horse seemed to have crafted a ring of beaded crystals from no where. T'was the magic of the Moon Goddess no doubt. Before she could speak a brown figure recklessly darted toward them. At first Nuray's muscles tensed, readying for a fight, but when the shadow stopped it revealed to be a young mare. One that smelled of the World's Edge. "Greetings." she murmured before turning to Tembovu once again, "Looks as if your ruckus is causing a mighty scene."

"Talk?"

ooc casually popping in hi.
@Tembovu @Ruairi
image credits

@Random Event - HFH

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
The splashed fae was flushed as she rushed her dainty pillars across the Edge's terraria. Night had fallen, which in the beautiful heat and light of Tallsun was almost considered respite from the immense hot sun. The moon was peaked in the twilight, with the silence being almost deafening as she ran. Anzanie had a feeling she was late with something, and it never quite hit her until she spotted Tembovu in the distance, with two other creatures. She had initially ran to find out what the noise of smashing glass had been, worried that her position of helping Tembovu with his glass crafting was being destroyed, piece by piece. But as she skidded herself to a rather ungraceful stop, the magohany and ivory saw the shards of glass spread out across his daggers. What had he done?

With a sigh she glanced at the two other creatures by him. A flame-kissed winged fae, pretty in figure with the same huge on her tassles that seemed to lie elegantly over her neck. And the second another fae, a very strange looking creature indeed. With soft albino fur and a lion's tail, dual-horned with silver jewellery dangling off her neck, she was certainly a sight.

Anzanie turned her attention back to Tembovu, catching her breath as she attempted not to sound too worried and flustered by what she had heard,
"Tembovu, I heard the noises, and came to see what was happening?" With a small smile she stared at the massive brute, his kind eyes seeming frustrated. The naive little princess did not know what was going on here, so she thought it best to find out, "Hello everyone, what's happening here?"
Image Credit

@Tembovu @Ruairi @Nuray
So sorry I took so long! It's been mental here hence the late replies :(
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Ears splay to the sides in mild chagrin as the naked Nuray approaches and speaks. “It’s best not to argue with the glass.” “You’ve a point,” he agrees lowly, eyes glancing away from the glass ring and up towards her and he grins lopsidedly in greeting.

But copper form crashes through the mist with abandon. His large skull flies up, a wave of tension rippling through the thick sinew that weighted his heavy form. But, at the openly eager and relatively guileless face of winged mare, the tension flees and an outright smile crosses his face. The wonder that was on chestnut pegasus’s face mirrored how he felt. A brief nod in greeting, “Hello there. I am Tembovu,” he pauses, glancing at the glass ring. Was it really necessary to introduce himself as Glazier? Probably not. Ah well, “I am Glazier of the Edge.”

“Looks as if your ruckus is causing a mighty scene.” An embarrassed chuckle rumbles though the mist, “Nuray, have you seen my size? I can do nothing but cause mighty scenes,” he returns her comment with a quip.

Then the lovely, painted, and delicate Anzanie made an appearance. This mare was forever around whenever he was doing things with crafting magic, he noticed mindlessly. That was food for thought… He grinned a quick greeting, face slightly embraced once again as she mentions the loud noises. Apparently his personal temper tantrum had not been quite as personal as he had hoped.

“I was…” he begins to explain, pausing as he sought words that made him seem a little less like a petulant foal. “I was merely enjoying a personal, moonlit jaunt with my thoughts. Though, it seems, that my thoughts have turned to crafting magic,”he sends a pointed, suspicious blue glance at the smirking glass dragon, “And seem to have created a glass ring or chain of some kind…”

Carefully, he picks his thick forelegs up and places his large hooves outside of the ring of glass. He notices now that the glass has a slightly yellow hue from the mud— now that the glowing white moon magic is settling out of the links.

He nudges the glass ring gently with a ashen hoof, and the connections between the links give slightly. One breaks, opening the ring into a strand of yellow-tinged glass beads. He looks up, “Do any of you have use for this?”
Image|Table

@Ruairi @Nuray @Anzanie

Please tag Tembovu.