the Rift

[PRIVATE] Blood in the breeze

Crystarius Posts: 13
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
armor laced with blood shall reclaim his name

Stuck.

Stranded in this foreign land, with no hope of coping with this disease. And it is a disease; a parasitic infection hell-bent on tearing me asunder. In the Rift, I'd had another option - it wasn't a good one but at least it existed. In the Rift I could have given in, resigned myself to the twisted fate of a crystallized, mindless beast. At least then my head wouldn't threaten to explode. At least then my muscular bulk wouldn't be reduced to a weak, quivering mass of black fur cracked with veins of bright red and spears of crystal. The so called Time God of this particular place took away my options, stripping them from me under the guise of righting the wrongs of the Rift; of healing a land that was not his to mess with in the first place.

The piece of red mineral - a sharp and jagged crystal - hanging heavy around my neck on a thick chain is my constant reminder and possibly the biggest source of her singing. The singing is also the reason why I couldn't leave it behind. She wouldn't let me and in my weakened and delirious state, I simply complied. It isn't a fight I can win - the one and only end result that can be seen is death. At least then I'd find silence. At least then the pain would subside.

On second thought, stranded doesn't quite begin to cover it.

Days, possibly weeks, passed before I traveled very far from where I came into this world. I'd been holding on to the very last scrap of hope by lingering in the Blood Falls, but I quickly discovered how useless that was. The red mineral doesn't exist here - much to my dismay... and joy - and the so called god hadn't returned after the fight concluded. There would be no more portals. There would be no path to return. So I finally left the blood red forest and wandered. Not knowing the area left me with no clear destination in mind; my path, such as it is, is random.

And with no distractions, no feeble attempts to pull my mind from the desire burning white-hot in my blood, the force of the withdrawal is knock-you-down intense. Everything aches. Everything burns with a ferocity I'd never experienced before. Pain, sharp and bitter, claws at my brain and sweat films on my neck and sides - darkening the fur there to a deeper black. My eyes - darkening to a deeper red - don't truly see. My ears - ringing and buzzing because of her - don't hear anything else. I walk, mindless and mechanical, for what? Hours? Days? Weeks? I couldn't begin to tell where I am, where I've gone, or how to make it back to the Blood Falls. I walk until my legs finally give out and I fall to the ground beneath my hooves with a solid thud. Only then can I see, only then does her singing soften to a more bearable level - as if affected by some outside force. My eyes scan my surroundings before landing on the mesmerizing blue, lava-like substance surrounding this scrap of land. This place is both strange and yet... not, all at once.

CRYSTARIUS
image credit

@Morrigan

Tagging is preferred

Permission for all except death and/or dismemberment
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

Ever since my journey to the Veins of the Gods to patrol with other members of the Dragon's Throat, I had found myself drawn to return to the mystical lands. The desecrated shrines that held so much history behind them, the hundreds of thousands of prayers that were absorbed into the ruins, the soothing flow of the blue liquid that weaved through carvings of the land, it was all quite inciting for my curiosity. So, naturally, I followed my urges to explore the sacred lands more thoroughly now that I was not on official business. Pongo walked patiently beside me, occasionally pressing against my side to push me away from something that could snag the bundle of hair that dragged on the ground behind me.

As my scarlet gaze absorbed everything around me into memory, the movement of a shadowed figure forced me to do a double take. Although it was unintentional, I found myself staring almost rudely at the stallion with strange red crystals that protruded from his flesh, sweat dripping down his body despite that it was not really that hot here. 'Sick?'  Pongo asked through our mental bond,  but all I could do was roll my shoulders in a shrug. It was very possible that was was sick, perhaps coming to the Veins of the Gods to pray for relief or beg for a cure.  My crown tilted curiously to the side as I wondered if it was something that I could offer my services for, unsure if I wanted to approach a such a strange stallion.  I was quite surprised when the stallion suddenly collapsed to the ground. My lips parted with an audible gasp, crown jerking back with surprise. My hooves took control of my body without even realizing it as I found myself rushing towards the fallen stallion.

Leaping over one of the shining blue streams and flicking my tail upwards to prevent it from falling in, my hooves drummed the earth as I darted towards him with Pongo in tow.  As I neared the stranger, my front legs stretched in front of me while my hind tucked beneath me to skid to a stop. It had only taken a matter of seconds for me to join the poor creature, and now that I was closer I could see that this stallion certainly was being tortured by some sort of ailment. "Are you alright?!" 'Stupid.' Pongo snorted as I asked the useless question, of course this stallion was not alright. Here he was on the ground, his hair clinging to his body and sharp crystals that seemed to be growing out of his flesh, and the first thing I ask is if he is alright? "I saw you fall...My name is Morrigan, I'm a healer of the Dragon's Throat. Is there any way that I can help you? That is, if you don't mind my help." I made my introduction brief and went straight to the point of offering my assistance, though I wasn't entirely sure just what I needed to do to help him.

Already I was scanning his body carefully, curious over just what type of ailment he had. The immediate thing that I could see was that he needed his fever, what I was sure was the source of his fever, to be brought down immediately. Reaching back to dig through my mane, I searched for something, anything, useful. Combing through useless herbs, I found a bit of Willow and carefully pulled it from my tresses. "Here, please chew this. It may take a while to kick in, but it will relieve any fever you may have."
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.