the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION)

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The finale came without warning, in shambles and in blood, a veil of death eventually shrouding the glory: a song of requiem, a dirge of regret. Lena spent the moments thereafter immediately tending to Imogen, for no sooner had the vixen become involved, did she also get injured, and toiling in her regrets. She pressed her time-laid magic through the vixen’s battered ribs (to which Imogen only responded that it was nothing and not to worry), trying her best to see through the glimmer of tears skimming over her eyes. She’d failed again; protected but also deluded, sunken back into the depths of desecration just as easily as the rest of the predators and carnivores, taut and tied by the strings of power and domination. The Songbird could only hang her head in shame, in bitter, acrid melancholy, allowing the ivory vixen to lick at her maw in compassion and empathy. She’d once thought herself strong and defiant, kind and compassionate in the face of sin, acrimony, and vengeance, but the cycle continued to thwart her means and measures, and she’d been beguiled, allured, and enticed all over again, back into the din and folly and whims of mercilessness. Even more unrelenting, harsh, and discordant was the Sun God’s reward, created from the crocodile’s carcass, a vial of ichor falling at her feet – blood for blood. If she couldn’t stop the haunting, poignant motions of her memories, the bottle would always be a reminder of where she’d faltered, failed, and stumbled all over again. Through a wispy breath of broken air, she provided her acknowledgments, but wondered what it all meant. “Thank you.” Was she destined to be like this, time and time again? Would she slip right back into the folds of war and disaster whenever the moment struck her? Would she defend against something foreign and unknown, simply because the Gods requested it? Unsure, and rattled by the temptation, she maneuvered back along the edges of the Flats, perturbed and disgusted with herself.

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Flat, blade-like spikes slice deep into the Rift crocodile's throat and blood pours out. No drop of it touches the Dauntless--thankfully enough--but his golden eyes watch as it paints the ground in some grotesque form of art. He derives pleasure from knowing he aided in bringing this creature to its demise. Loretta, bounds away now for her safety, howls triumphantly as the beast falls to Archibald's powerful tremors. The mammoth Czar sidesteps twice, then backs up harshly, motion from the corner of his eye propelling him to act further. Smoke, and a dark figure at his side, caught his attention in his movement and Archibald stopped for a moment. Vaguely, he remembered the boy that slashed a sword. Mesec, Archibald thought, mind instantly reeling for Ophelia. The white twin had adopted the demi-god boy seasons ago when the Grey reigned supreme, and now here the gangly colt was, fighting at Archibald's side. A small smirk adjusted his stoney face, but it was quickly removed.

Distracted by the sight of the demi-child, Archibald missed the oncoming retaliation from the crocodile. Loretta's mental scream of warning was the only thing that saved him from what he thought might be his death. With wide gold eyes Archibald quickly--or as quickly as he could manage--jumped to the side, away from Mesec and Ranjiri. The jaws that followed him were quicker still, however, and there was horrifying sound of teeth against steel. Knowing his armor would quickly crush him when pressed on the force of these massive jaws, Archibald willed the armor to collapse. The action left him vulnerable to the teeth, but not vulnerable to death. One tooth of the crocodile scraped against Archibald's left side, leaving a gash along his back. The Dauntless roared in pain, white dots filtering his vision.

The beast fell to the ground with a sickening thud, and the Dauntless staggered to keep his footing. Spreading his hooves wide, he finally planted himself, chin tucked as he sucked in a shaky breath. "A healer," Archibald breathed, a command meant for the golden and crimson hybrid.

ARCHIBALD THE DAUNTLESS
What won't kill me- makes me / What won't love me- hates me
What won't kill me - dies

@Ranjiri and Mesec mentioned

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
Though my attacks were few, they were successful for the most part as I made contact with the crocodile with my front hooves. It was only a matter of minutes when the blasted creature was finished off, dissolving into nothing. My eyes scavenged the land in search of Evaneska, desperately searching to make sure that she had survived. It seemed that she had, though she was distracted by her own problems. Before I could even turn around to follow after her, I was stopped in my tracks by the intense gaze of the Sun God. I stepped back respectfully, though I was skeptical of his stare just before he nodded towards me. I had tried to warn Evaneska that the Rift God's arrival was only a matter of time, tried to get them to leave before it was too late. The Sun God had accepted that he had made a mistake, something that I was very surprised about, and he had done all in his powers to vanish the monster permanently.

Suddenly, a there was a bright yellow glow shining from my entire being, not just my scales as normal. What has happening to me? There was a warmth in the back of my throat, almost a burning sensation that caused me to snort in hopes of ridding myself of the irritation. I could have sworn I heard a sizzle from my mouth as a puff of smoke wafted from my nares. My golden eyes widened with shock, but was soon replaced with a broad grin of understanding. The Sun God had gifted me with magic that was only fitting of a dragon-blood, the fiery breath of a real dragon. Lowering my horned crown with gratitude, I offered all my respects to the Sun God who had acknowledged and appreciated my loyalties to the Helovians. From here on out, I would never forget the Sun God's gift towards me.

Scanning over the crowd, my gaze lingering for a moment over the familiar faces that I had come to know such as Evaneska and Ranjiri, I felt satisfied that they would be alright. Stretching out my leathery wings, I turned from the crowd to take to the skies. I would keep a protective eye over my former slave, but by the God's, I needed a break from all of this fighting for once.

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Everything was wild, and in Einarr's fury and fight, he had forgotten that he was diseased. It was only when the crocodile fell at the hooves of all those surrounded that Einarr felt lightheaded. blinking away thick, black gunk, the stallion turned his head. Pressing his nose into Ashamin's shoulder, Einarr regarded the male for all he had done in this battle. "I will call Ashamin to spar soon. Always look to horizon." He grunted, turning again to move toward the fiery vigil that was his leader.

"Gaucho, Megaera leave to save Mordecai." He spoke plainly and confidently to his Sultan, head held high. He knew with Gaucho's keen eye he would see his sultana and Einarr's daughter leave the fight, and the bloodrider was sure to give the dun a reason. Dark ears flicked backwards when a white mare approached them, and Einarr snorted his surprise. Who was this woman to give him a gift of armor? Nonetheless surprised, he was thankful. Dipping his head a curt bow to the woman, Einarr scooped his head down and placed the armor on over his head. He looked quite awkward trying to maneuver it on his own, but after a few minutes he had it adjusted comfortably on his tall frame. He turned to Gaucho and gave a goofy smile and nod.

"How it look?" He jested, tail flicking behind him. The thick black ooze still dribbled from his face, down his obsidian coat and dying it even darker--if that was ever possible. The white mark upon his face was nearly completely obscured by the inky substance, and he looked truly wild and feral standing before Gaucho's flaming brilliance.

einarr
I raise my flag and dye my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We're painted red to fit right in

Ophelia, Ashamin and @Gaucho mostly mentioned. @Random Event -- GLL

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL

He missed. As the battle rumbled to a close around him and the monster moved no more, Gull’s lungs finally failed him. Wheezing, he fell to his knees, vision obscured by both smoke and the dizzying dots swirling before his eyes. NO! He tried to scream the word, tried to scramble upwards, but found that he couldn’t. His breathing was too harsh and ragged to allow either, and it was a miracle in itself that he wasn’t trampled in the mayhem. Meanwhile, the dark unicorn disappeared into the crowd without a trace.

As he watched his enemy easily escape, Gull could only lie there. His sides heaved and his eyes streamed from both the smoke and frustration. The beast had gotten away. He had been so close, so close to victory, and the unicorn had evaded him with barely a scratch. The sense of failure pressed even heavier on the stallion than the weight of his useless lungs, and he lay still, eyes dull blue and listless. From somewhere across the field, he could hear screaming, could hear someone’s death rattle, could hear a child shrieking and wailing in a way that cut his heart open all over again, slicing straight over the thick scars…it was all too much. He groaned, voice filled with agony despite the lack of a physical wound. How much longer would the Helovians turn a blind eye to their own destruction? How could they not see it?

In the distance, the battlegoers began to gather around the sun god, but our hero had seen enough. Heaving himself to his feet with one final effort, he rose and stumbled away.

text 
"speech" 

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Nuray is cured of BFB!

Sorry for not noticing sooner D: I was looking for those using magic in this thread but I see you used Nyx's magic from the last thread.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
There is a moment of temporary relief for the HFH, though none of the infected seem close enough to feel it (i.e. no one mentions each other).

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

She had done it.

This was her moment.

It all happened so fast, which is cliche, but true. A flurry of bodies surrounding the dragon creature, and she flew above, rebounding from her previous damage without issue. Those without wings attacked from below, essentially crippling the monster as she prepared for her attack, and in a glorious bundle of flames, she set loose her ball of fire. It was a crackling bundle of raw energy, tearing itself apart until it cascaded square at the crocodile god. That was when the light left its eyes and it fell. The thud shook the ground, and she felt a slow burning gratification build in her chest as she realized what she had done.

She had killed a god. The monster was laying dead on the ground because of her. It was by her strength and powers that she had destroyed a god, something perhaps as powerful as her father. Though everyone had helped, it was her killing blow alone that did him in. Surely that was enough to back up her words to Rikyn and Erebos. Now, they had to understand that she didn't need anyone. She wasn't at the mercy of kindness anymore but a master of her own fate. She possessed the power to choose those she loved and return the emotion free of binding ties and desperation.

Didn't that make love all the stronger?

Aithniel landed next to her father, rolling her shoulders and lifting her head with pride. Stony, silver eyes observed the powerful scene around her with a new light. From this day forward, she would no longer be a child, but an adult who worked to right the wrongs of the universe: a true agent of justice. There was no denying her abilities, but she would still crush all in her path who would dare argue her worth. With a deep, powerful breath, she acknowledged her father and his powers before lingering - watching the body burn with a cool pride.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Ampere the Mother of Companions

She felt the magic sink into the beast, watched as she flew amid the sky as Aithniel shot down the flaming demise of the beast. Within seconds, there was nothing left for her magic to hold, and it slipped free with the fading existence of the scaled being. Ampere whooped into the sky, grinning as she circled around and landed somewhere near the Sun, Aithniel, and Gaucho. Pride and victory flooded her senses, chasing away the last shreds of darkness that might otherwise cling to her thoughts and her heart. Instead she surveyed the battlefield, eyes tracing over each individual from their herd that was here. She had remembered seeing Megaera before, though she couldn't spot her now.

Ears flicked as Einarr murmured something to Gaucho, and her attention shifted to him as Ophelia proffered him armor. Good for him she thought, trying to avoid the jealousy that reared up. I don't need armor she protested instead, glancing elsewhere, catching Mesec with her gaze, and Ranjiri. She smiled at the spunky mare who she could see was shouting. There was Maren too, and Shida, and Badger, and many others.

Though Ampere wanted to bask in the glory of this moment, to wander the lands of her god even further, she thought it best to get home quickly and ensure that those lands remained well. Whatever warriors weren't here she needed to check in on, because her admonishment of them last time had not been merely show. If no one had blood or sweat, she would make it for them.

Grunting, Ampere heaved herself onto her wings and flew home, or at least, was about to until she saw a crumpled body...

[continues in Shadow death thread]
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

Ö_D_E
I'M FRIENDS WITH THE MONSTER_UNDER MY BED

He felt the beast die as he lingered at its side, and he grinned in victory. It didn't matter that many had lent to its demise, he had too, and that was something. Well that and the fact he was still alive too, which was nice considering he still had healing wounds.

He didn't miss the attempted attack from that damn horse again though, and absently he flicked his tail, irritated. Now that his attention could leave the god he squared it on the horse, but the idiot had already left. He just barely caught sight of him as he slunk from the Flats. "I'll get you," Öde swore under his breath, memorizing the ass that vanished in the distance. He had the patience of his family, even if his youth led him to reckless, aggressive wants, he could bide his time and he would. Gull would feel his horn, of that Öde was certain.

Just not today - lucky bastard.

No today Öde would relish this moment. Giddy, he turned back towards Deimos, blood eyes bright and smile broad like a wolf. "We killed him!" Öde was still a bit unsure what to do with the knowledge that gods could die. On the one hand, he loved that he could help fell one, that he could taste that power. On the other, he wanted to ascend as a god to escape mortality, but now, would he ever?

He was a beast shrouded in death, and the heavens was his one way of escaping it. Yet as the flaming body of one of those celestial beings lingered next to him, Öde feared he'd never be free of his fate.

bg- resurgere.deviantart.com
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Knox
          We didn't know we knew you 'til we lost you
</style>

Not a mistake, just a fall. Not a fall, just a descent. Somehow, the hunter is delicate as he crashes. He can't bring it upon himself to feel ashamed by the fact that he's so fantastically hurt himself. He has displayed a tremendous amount of irresponsibility, he has forgotten his child and betrayed his lover's promise. He hasn't done as he should.

It's only a small set of scrapes that keeps him occupied as he listens to the chaos around him come to a close. This is how the world ends, this is how the world ends...

The crocodile falls--even without vision and sense, Knox knows this.

...not with a bang, but a...

somewhere in the distance, his child cries out in pain. Knox struggles to stand, running blindly from the fray, blinking his blindness in and out of existence with reluctance. If only for his child, if only.... if only... if only a whimper, if only, if only, the end.

His jaws snap up in triumph and he stands. He hears the battle come to a close and the god make his remarks. Yes, it is the God of the Sun, not the moon Knox so loved once. he knows this, now. He strides forward with confidence, feeling his companion even if he cannot find her. Milo, that was what Aylin had named the child once, in a moment of fatherly lapsing. Milo. Milo. That wasn't a filly's name, no, surely it had to be his son, surely he had to be responsible for something on his battlefield.

He ignored the resolution at his back. This was not his god, this was no deity that had saved him. He needed to find his son.

Credit

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I'm gonna carry you in
In my head, in my heart, in my soul

This one hurts. Pain, pain is everywhere, everything. [Sudden moments of clarity overtake me. This is the first day of the rest of my life, and I cannot overcome this with sheer will. This is not counting tails, this is not running from danger. This is running straight into it and facing the consequences. So young, now, and I've already learned what my father never did.

How I wish to be counting tails with her, with] manny? manny? "MAN!" the only cry this one can [utter, a sharp exhalation of the last emotional breath before my spine is altered in a mangled contortion. I become pain: it suits me, after all. It is lucky I have existed even this long in a virginal sort of state. I have--no, had--avoided pain. That is over now, everything is] over, rolling over trying to get up, move about, can't move, can't move, everything sharp.

Manny finds this one, drags up, up, into [dignity. There was no way I could have had any semblance of self until that moment when it was revealed to me that without her, I would be nothing. My father was nowhere I could find, she was my only chance. In retrospect, I can consider her to be the one that has prolonged this painful life.

I think, father, that you were trying. I saw you from the ground, moving closer with contention of the self that I was still too young to grasp. You didn't realize but you'd only been yourself since the moment I had been born, it was an amazing change in you you'd only recognize much later. I caused a certain stillness in you. I brought you peace you couldn't recognize. You blinded yourself because to see the happiness you could have had would have been too much.

So the moment that you came to me with your eyes still smoking pale silver, I couldn't trust you to help me. I] leaned on Manhattan, stood, stood strong and looked back at big light [Sun God,] felt that missing, that missing [affection, the kind you never really learned to give me properly, and cried at all that beauty.]

Cried.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

It was purchase, really, and success. Your mother is no warrior but on that day I sliced through god flesh with three perfect horns and blood sluiced over me, sharper and colder than any ice I'd ever before felt. It was pain, to be sure, but it was also the pain of skill. That such pain could not be ignored.

Rikyn was at my side, brave and bold as youth could afford him to be, and I admired that strength. I called out to him in triumph, and when all of it ended I would tell him: "Thank you. It was good, to see that courage in your fight."

But at that moment, all I felt was the cold blood strike my face and mingle with the black sliding down my features, the black of sickness I didn't yet understand, and then before I could even respond the whole debacle began to end. That was the way a god died, and that was the way I earned the cracks in my teeth. I let loose a cry at the wrong moment and froze them into shards.

Here, look, you can see them now. You can hear them whistling.

In this world, after that one, all scars are returned to the body. It is a myth that beauty and youth are maintained. It is as if every injury is inflicted upon my soul once again. I do not know when I will leave this place. I do not know when I will get to see you. I do not know when I will stop writing these letters, or how I have even gained the ability. It is as if there are other lives in me, other lives that know the language of the pen and page, and these are the lives with whom I suffer in this pit of unknowing.

Purgatory, without you, is more hell than hell itself.

Ahvelyn
i wanted to tell you that things would be different this time

IF YOU HAVE DARKxLIGHT MAGIC, YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO HIT LYN WITH IT.

@Random Event @Rikyn

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

ashamin
The Haruspex

Though the young paint knew that the word to describe the situation was not disappointment, he knew he wasn't happy. He found Einarr, tumbling in the chaos like a graceful black eagle and endowed with those same wings that had blanketed Ashamin from the self-harm of grief, and was not met with encouragement.

He was told to run. And the reckless, bloody strain of the haruspex's heart was as hurt as he was inspired by the command. No, he would not run. He would fight, damn it, and show Einarr all his faults and all his strengths.

Praises would be sung, the haruspex thought as he snorted in rebellious reply and moved closer towards the crocodile. Einarr would only encourage him further.

Son, he would say. How you've grown. Son, he would say. How I underestimated you. I'm sorry, son, I'm sorry.

These were all Ashamin thought of as the wrist of the crocodile snapped upon impact. It was pure success, a breaking of bone that was unrivaled. With skill that practice had given him, Ashamin darted each drop of freezing blood and pulled himself from the wreckage. The croc god was falling, and he had done his part. Einarr would see him, Einarr would be proud.

Wouldn't he?

Ashamin pulled away from the sturm and drang only with the perception that his world was slowly crashing. It wasn't just these gods that were dying, it was a part of him. His faith, maybe? In meeting the gods was he losing some sense of piety? Loving a deity from afar was one thing, but to meet them, to be disappointed by them was another pain altogether. And it hurt, more than he had ever expected.

He watched the Sun God award the valiant, looked on, loveless, as those he knew drifted away. He stood in the sun with corpses around him, Einarr nowhere in sight. Even that black body could not be found, now, in the wake of all this dead religion.

""

Image Credits

@Einarr

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead