the Rift

[OPEN] Save the secrets.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

White paws slapped the surface of the discolored water, sending droplets astray and beading off of the fox's narrow face. The ill-mannered kit whined and growled as she played by herself, her mind occupied by your prodding bond. "Oiu-." Your low voice is hushed below the rumble of falling water, but Ouija's large ears scoop backward, her paws sitting still in the water and a lolling tongue barely poking out from between black lips. The two of you had wandered in the forest for a few weeks - you think - straddling the cold mountains each day and refusing to wander south. There wasn't anything keeping you away.. nor was there anything to draw you back home. Your long legs shuffle under your body, overgrown feet dragging uncomfortably on their chipped edges and pushing moist red leaves out of the way. The forest had grown dark at an alarming rate, your glossy eyes darting around suspiciously while you play a constant game of hide and seek with your darling companion.

She spots you before you even have a chance to look in her direction and lets out an excited yipe. The sharp noise makes your skin crawl and your stomach heave, a huge snort rattling your throat and nostrils; we laugh in your skull, tipping our heads back so far our short spines feel like they may snap and our bellies may erupt at any moment. "You know better than to do that!" you snap, trying to sound angry with the fox, but the panic in both your voice and poise is clearly scribbled across your body. A smile creaks across her canine-like snout, pink tongue rolling from her pearly teeth again. 'I gotchu! You calm down.' Her speech is much stronger than it had been before you had wandering out of Helovia last, but she still had troubles grasping the basics; she sounds so much like Gaucho sometimes you can't help but laugh. But not right now, not when you could have jumped out of your own skin.

Two-toned ears slam back against your wild hair, eyes narrowed in a glare for only a brief second before you notice the discolored water that ripples over Ouija's still pure white feet. Again your stomach rolls and you can feel your throat tighten at the sight of the bloody water, but the fox seems completely unfazed - as she is to everything gruesome or foul. "Get out of that! Go-" you leap forward, dropping your horned cranium down to shove her from the bloody pond. "Why would you even play in that?!" You whine above the crash of the near fall. Ouija sprung to her feet, ears laid back angrily and and brows pulled down while she stomped away like a pouting child. 'What you mean?! Get off me!' Angry and confused, Ouija grumbles and sits down against the trunk of a slim tree, her eyes immediately fixating on a twitching leaf far above your head.

Her paws are still snowy white, but the quivering water shimmers bright crimson in the struggling light. Curious, you paw at the liquid yourself - Ouija growls and rolls onto her back, pouting - and find that it is thin and cool.. like normal water. When had this showed up? Each breath was tense and short, nostrils flared and long face drawing into your narrow chest. 'Is water, not blood!' The kit growls in your mind, our laughter still bouncing off of the walls of your skull. 'I know taste of blood.' She reminds you, her growing attitude burning your ears. "But it looks so.. real."

Why Helovia's tricks continue to surprise you, we aren't sure, but it's great to watch. Your skin is still goose bumpy and rough under your shedding coat, and another wave of chills makes your spine tingle. "Just-" you pause, taking a deep breath to recover from the chills. "don't play in it please." The fox lets out a loud howl that gurgles in her throat, thrashing around in a temper tantrum on the floor of leaves and soil.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices.'

Image by Nicole-Studios @ DA
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira
Watch me, I'll Get It Wrong Till I Get It Right... At Least I'm Making Scenes In The Meantime

What in the world had happened to me since entering Helovia? I had left all those mares and studmuffins in my dust for trying to recruit me to their senseless herds, desperately trying to prove to me that their herd was worthy of my loyalties for no reason whatsoever. I had followed the advice of a fellow mare graced with a fine rack, a mare that I would be sure to reunite with in the future for some good, old fashioned fun. Until then, I wanted to figure out how the hell I got sick in the first place. Strange, black slime oozed from my nostrils, mouth and eyes, and I felt like I could smell every little nuance of a scent. On top of it, a rather gross hacking cough made me spit up more of the black slime. It was bizarre, that was for sure. Perhaps my immune system wasn't used to the natural diseases of the Helovians, because the only one that looked sick was that half-naked rat of a unicorn mare. But I didn't have the boils that she did...

With no particular direction or purpose in mind, I wandered through the trees until the forest grew thicker and thicker, the colors of the leaves changing to a vibrant red color. It was gorgeous, beautiful hues of scarlet red that smelled a little musky, earthy with a hint of sweetness. There was another scent, a cool, refreshing sent...Water. My ears perked up at the thought of being able to wash away some of the black tar that seeped down my face, even more hopeful that I would be able to wash out my mouth some. Eagerly I headed towards the smell, but I only got a few steps before I was stopped in my tracks by a scent that damn near knocked me off my feet.

A warm, heavy scent that carried testosterone floated through the air and invaded my senses like a drug. Oh sweet mother of glory, there were more stallions around after all. Almost instinctively, my tail rose slightly as I returned my pace to a lively trot as I set off to find the owner of the scent. Mindful of my antlers, I ducked under low branches and weaved around trees until I finally broke through the tree line to the banks of the red river. As my emerald gaze studied the water for a second, I could smell no iron to what my eyes were telling me was surely blood. Carefully, I stepped closer to investigate. Sure enough, it was just water. Wasting no time, I waded into the waters to cleanse myself of the tars that had stained down my neck and gotten trapped in my flaxen hair. Once I was up to my chest in the water, I ducked my crown under a few times to try and wash away the ooze. But no matter how much I washed, more simply followed.

"Damn it..." I muttered just as I was about to turn around and head out of the water, but I was surprised when a strange yowl filled the air. Still in the river, I walked...Well, half-swam towards the noises and found I was getting closer to the masculine scent from earlier. Oh, goody! Let's see what kind of fun this comes up with...A little further ahead, closer to the waterfall than I had been, stood an ebony stallion. "Oh my..." I whispered in a hushed voice, letting my eyes ravage over his body as I took him in. He was almost lanky compared to the other stallions that I had met in the Threshold, but he was still a tall, dark and handsome hunk of 'yes, please'. Something white and fuzzy rolled around on the ground nearby, the little fox that was the culprit for the noises.

Before I could even introduce myself, a flaring fit of coughs were set off, and I turned my head away from the stallion so as to try not to be rude while I hacked up a lung.

"blah blah blah."

@Voodoo, if he could heal her that would be great ;D
@Random Event for GLL