the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II)

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

She remembered how, just a few days ago, she had looked at that vague but so vivid horizon; there where the reflection began… or ended, which one was it, really? She remembered how the sky had let its grace fall on the surface of the mirror that the liquid had created; was. She remembered how the light was bright in the sweet embrace of the crystal skin of water.

So much brightness, such warm entwinement.

Now, she could swear she felt the soil beneath the water shake. Swore that, the surface where there was no horse, it quivered like a hunted rabbit. And where they were... —where they (I) ran through, they splashed up the shattered pieces of broken mirror. Broken surface, lost reflections. Somehow that realization was imitating a bunch of needles, pinching her heart, stung. But she was like them. Running through that flickering bulb of brightness; mind tripping, falling over. What is it that I should do? What was it where her purpose lay in this conflict? Because Chaos was here, Disarray was not lost in brightness.

And she thought of that while running in a slow motion picture, while trailed by a thin, evaporating tail of mist. What; Shall I punch the crocodile with a wet, transparent whisp? Shall I give him a nice refreshing bath of dew? Her power was so protective. Her, others (she remembered saving Ërthe and even the Goddess of the Moon), but why can I not save my own (God)? What did she have for power, she questioned, besides her faith that was her sword and shield. What was there in this moment of reality that could ease her wanting mind, for somehow she realized she needed to feel it. Feel the blow against that shield, feel her muscles ache as she swung that heavy, heavy sword. After all, she was from the Throat and, for whatever the chatting birds talked, they were all warriors there. 

In that flickering lightbulb-moment, her pace had shortened, became aware of the black drool splashing her breast with the dark substance; that sickness that made her see nothing and perhaps feel everything. Thus; she felt the God —monster, before her —somewhere. She ran at it, because she couldn’t just be left behind. She ran towards it all, wings (like that time that she was fighting Ophelia in that sandy arena) pulled into fists aiming forwards. 

With that sword before her blinded, blackened eyes and the pressure of those around her tickling on her skin like temperamental bugs, she ran forward, attempting to use —first her wings, then her back-hooves —and then whatever else she could find within herself to tackle that one standing in the way, blocking the light, threatening her glorious faith. Once again a mirror will need to glue itself back together, but surely this will be the last time.

Summary: Maren attacks with first her boss-wings then her back hooves, following with basically everything else, or something (because lets be vague). She also is able to feel the croc. because of her GLL 

CONTEST WINNER
@Random Event, because GLL

Please tag me 

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie, Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

I missed, god dammit I missed. I come crashing into the ground as I trip over something, dirt and sand rubbing like sand paper against my shoulder as I come crashing down on all of my weight. Grace was not my strong suit. If I was coming down, I was coming down hard.

I land with a grunt, and for a moment I just lay there, because trust me, 17 hands of mass coming down hurts, and it hurts bad. But I know I have to get up, but how do I get up with no legs? HOW DID I TRIP WITH NO LEGS?

This is making no sense. I decide to not think to hard on it, instead pulling myself up in some way or another. I'm honestly not sure how, but I managed to anyways. A groan escapes my lips as I am again up. I wont stop, no no no. I will fight on.

Whatever I had tripped over, I couldn't see it. But others are attacking at the thing. So I take off again, head down and horn pointed, running along side the reptile. Die, die, die! My head is down, and forcefully I push air in and out of my fevered lungs. With each breath more black gunk flies out onto the ground. I don't care, and I ignore it. I turn my head sideways, against the creature's belly. Maybe I can spill his guts with the sharp point of my horn. With a slight hesitation, I thrust, and continue on my very fast floating journey, and maybe this time I wont trip up on some invisible thing.

And I say, Hey, hey hey hey, Living like we're renegades

TEAM SUNNY
Summary: After falling, Soren gets back up and runs along the side of the croc, before jabbing his horn in it's stomach as he runs, in an attempt to slice his belly open.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

You cannot help but feel guilt for the god that is being ripped apart. As he wheezes, you wince, stepping back for only a moment to survey the damage, to rethink your position. It had been harder this time to charge in, knowing what waited at the end, knowing the hurt, the pain, the suffering and death that would occur. It was harder, is harder, and yet… there had been no hesitation to tear in to him, to protect your home even though the gods that ruled over Helovia had brought them here, taken from them. You cannot claim to know their reasoning for this, for attacking instead of reasoning, banishing, anything; for putting those that they are supposed to protect at risk. You stumble backwards a few steps as cries of pain rise around you, your eyes darting to and fro as so many are burned, scorched, harmed.

Your shoulder aches at the memory of your own pain as your flesh seared away, the agony that followed as it tried desperately to heal. But more importantly, she is burned. You do not know how badly, nor do you hesitate as your eyes shut tightly, lashes pushing against your cheeks as you try to tune them out, trying to send a wave of relief to those that are closest to you, focusing mostly on Ki’irha. As your magic subsides, something like a tired anger resonates. The gash in his side – the other gods had gone down by attacking the weakest points, and so you dive forwards again, seeking to plunge your antlers as deep as they will go in to the beast’s wounded side.

team sun god
sends out a healing wave for those around her (specifically ki'irha) before attacking the open wound on the crocodile's side with her antlers again.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
Go ahead, you're never going to take me - you can bend but you're never going to break me

From his vantage point, he watches as fighters rush for the massive crocodile, running headlong into battle with his Lord's fires burning in their eyes. It fills his heart with a rush of pride, for Helovia and especially for the mass of Dragon's Throat denizens that leap into the fray beside him. Everything is hectic, bodies swarming like a stampede, becoming just as dangerous in the process. Their fervor works against them, but Cera can only focus upon the false God beneath him. He lunges, wings shifting and giving him height, hooves hard and poised for the creature's spine and hips. Scales meet the solid bottoms of his hooves, a sharp and slick sensation that contrasted oddly against his nerves, but the blow itself was solid. Cera had little weight to speak of to begin with, but he utilized all of it, all four hooves slamming down upon war-hardened hide. 

War hardened my ass, he snarled inside his mind. This creature was nothing but a slick serpent, hiding away instead of fighting honorably. It had desecrated his Lord's promise, failing to meet the Sun and its followers on the field of battle head on. The monster was no god. It may have powers far greater than any other magic-imbued mortal, but it would fall beneath the weight of the Helovians and their fury just as any other mortal did. How dare you call yourself a god, Cera spat, teeth flickering in the light raining down as fire from above, something wild and hateful on his normally candid and gentle features. 

RANJIRI! Cera's eyes jerked up as Ilaria's voice, tinny from the distance, rang sharply across their bond. She was there, immediately familiar, her aura a burnished red-gold like sunsets and precious metals. His only vision came from Ilaria, random flashes and snippets of normal vision, and he watched with a mix of horror, disgust, and unrelenting pride as his sister stabbed her horn into the monster's eye and ripped it completely free. For a moment he wanted to scream at her to leave, to get out and get to safety, but...at the same time...

The most important realization in that moment, as the crocodile's body skidded out from between his hooves, was that he didn't need to try and ask Ranjiri to get to safety. He was there, fighting, was he not? He would not undermine Ranjiri's talent and fervor in favor of his brotherly instincts. Fight on, little sister. With a proud, quirked grin, he took to the skies once more. Once more he aimed to place his full weight upon the crocodile's lower back, lower him further to the earth and pin his movements for the other fighters if at all possible. Wings held aloft in case he slipped on the hardened scales, but he aimed for the right back leg joint in particular this time, hoping to break something with a second repeating blow. False gods have no place here.

Image Credit

CONTEST WINNER

Summary: After a lot of mental babbling to himself, he leaps up to try and do the same move on the croc's lower back, focused more on the right leg joint to try and snap something or at least keep it pinned/struggling with his weight for the other fighters to make their blows
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE HELD TOGETHER THE FRAGILE SKY TO KEEP OUR WAY OF LIFE

She descends; fierce determination painted clear across her face, dark lips pressed together in a tight line and her ears hear only muffled declarations beneath the thrumming of blood pumping through her veins. She doesn't hear her father, doesn't register anything outside of the massive creature wreaking havoc in this bright and beautiful place. A truimphant squeal slips from her lips the moment her hooves connect with flesh, scraping its' scales and pushing them back to reveal pale, vulnerable flesh beneath.

Blood sprays up, splashing on her legs staining the white hairs on her knees. But it isn't normal blood. It can't be. Pain, sharp and cold, stiffens her knees and sends spasms of pain up and down her legs. She gasps, her vision narrowing as a blackness creeps in from the edges; effectively cutting off her peripheral vision. Panic seizes her chest and she fumbles forward, her back hooves kicking towards the back of the beast as she attempts to reorient herself. Her front legs are useless, her front hooves dragging painfully above the monster as her wings flapped frantically and out of unison. Doomed. Surely she's doomed.

Then she hears it; a song, sweet and soothing, somehow manages to drift into her ears - breaking through the pain and pounding of her heart. Someone is singing. The pain in the girl eases enough for her to recover before tumbling from the crocodile's back. Her wings, once more synchronized in their efforts, thrust hard - effectively lifting the brown and white girl back up into the air.

Once up in the air and safely above the chaos, the girl breathes deeply. Slowly, she calms the pounding of her heart and soon regains her peripheral vision. The pain in her knees isn't gone, simply dulled, but it's manageable. For now, she hovers and watches the chaos of the battle raging below. Her teal eyes find Mauja, his presence simultaneously comforting and inspiring for her. She simply waits, biding her time for her next opening. There's no need to be so hasty, after all. The crocodile is outnumbered after all.

N A E R Y S
Image Credits

Summary: Her hooves hit their intended target, pushing back some of the crocodile's scales. Blood splatters on her legs and freezes her knees causing her to freak out and flail - front hooves drag uselessly while her back legs kick at the back of the crocodile. She then hears @Lena's healing song, feels her condition improve then flies up and out of the line of fire where she waits for another opportunity.

Mentions: Mauja

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

T
O
R
L
E
I
K

The ground around him freezing was not new - after all, every time he stepped, the earth did that - but this wasn't from his stepping. This was...of a greater radius and more solid than the usual few seconds of wintry soil beneath his feet, and the Bloodskald with his solid hooves could not find much purchase. Somewhere in the battle, he was bumped enough to make his center of gravity fall far outside his base of support and he slipped, feeling his hooves leave the ground with swift clarity. A grunt escaped his muzzle as his hip slammed into the ice below, feeling the pain drive deep into his joint. That would leave a mark on the inside, more so than the rough frozen surface left on the outside. 

Struggling to his feet, Torleik frowned at the superficial scrape on his side, more concerned with the pain below the skin he felt. It was already aching, and he would be immensely sore tomorrow. Wonderful. Still, he continued on, feeling Ophelia's presence soon after and hearing her words murmured directly into one of his ears. Did she not understand the warmth that brought him? Even here in battle? Especially here in battle? Shaking away his ill-fated lust, he lightly lipped at her sweat-dampened neck. "It smarts, but my pride smarts more," he told her. "I am fine." As he said this, his eyes scoured her for signs of clear injury, but snapped to her face as she spoke to him again. A crooked grin warmed his usually frosty face and he positioned himself parallel to her for the charge. "As one!" he called, galloping with her to pierce the foul beast. 

As Tinek tried to pry scales free, so did Irelyn, lacing her talons over and over with her molten magic in the hopes that the heat would help melt away the beast's armor one way or another. With each yank of her fiery beak, she tried to jab the flesh beneath, grappling with sharp talons before pecking viciously again. Things had been happy for a few days and she would be damned if another one of these huge monsters would ruin that one more time!

Table by Jen

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
Chaos. How had I stumbled into a beautiful land with a beautiful god only to have been greeted by more chaos? My screams only stop because I start sobbing uncontrollably, because my fear has reached such levels that I no longer have the energy to scream. I can’t even stand anymore - and fall to my knees, soft splashes of the crystal water greeting me. Small waves lap against my body as I lay down with my legs beneath me - I’m far enough away from the fray that this is the only effect that it has on my physical self. But though I shut my eyes to block out the sight of the giant crocodile, of everyone attacking it, worse images take their place behind my eyelids. 

My breathing becomes hitched and I’m gasping for each breath, finding that there’s not enough air around me, but still I refuse to open my eyes. I don’t want to see more chaos, I just wanted peace.

Sun God they had called him and I run with the name. Latching onto it because it - he - is the one solid thing that I can focus on. If the gods here are like mine, they are fueled by prayer. I cannot move my legs but I can give him strength through my belief. He promised us safety and now he was fighting for it. Eyes closed furiously shut I start whispering to myself, head bent so that my muzzle is grazing the surface of the water that moves against me with every shout and roar of the group in the distance. “Chariot of the East, Lord of the Sun, defeat this hellion and lead the faithful and deserving to victory. Take what strength is in me to fuel your fires, to guide our champions.” And I add more, of course, whispering words of encouragement and belief and love. The words come softer and faster, my breathing calming as I focus on this task - something I was fully capable of doing. I had been praying for most of my life, I saw no reason to stop now when it was needed.
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

all screamed out, Persephone collapses in the water and starts to pray - offering her strength to the Sun God

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Bloodlust. 

It was utterly foreign to her.  Najya had never been a warrior – she was simply the vessel who kept the stories of the warriors alive. But now that she felt the tip of the blade dig into the flesh of the angry god from a toxic world she felt the very thing she used to tell stories about ignite in her veins.  Bloodlust.  And what a sensation it was – she was caught off guard by how all-consuming the feeling was.

She flaxen mare staggered.  In the haze of battle, she had failed to realize the spattering of blood on her chest and forelegs and her forelegs no longer responded as they should.  She forced herself to put as much distance between herself and the crocodile to get out of range of the teeth and the tail…and friendly fire, but doing so was almost impossible.  She gritted her teeth as the movement in her legs became more and more compromised as the blood seeped in. 

Her gaze flicked back to the crocodile, knowing that she wouldn’t have a good attempt at a second attack with her legs like this.  She could tell that he had been injured considerably on the side by the blood that had stained the warm sands – dying it a different hue in her thermal-vision. She still lacked the detailed vision to see where others had succeeded or failed in wounding the creature – but she had a general idea, to say the least. 

In a desperate second attack, Najya waited as long as she could for others to clear the way before flinging the sword she still held in her teeth towards the wounded side of the creature using the functioning parts of her body – her neck, her back, and her hind legs – creating impulsion and – hopefully – some degree of aim.   She hoped her aim was true enough to exacerbate the damage in the crocodile’s side, and eventually she’d be able to recover the weapon, but she knew it was more important for her to get out of the way of the crocodile now.  She was all but helpless on the battlefield with paralyzed front legs, and the effect of the blood seemed to be crawling up her chest.  As she grew more disabled, she could only hope she could drag herself free before the inevitable retaliation - or in the very least managed to clear the way for someone cable of ending this once and for all.

N A J Y A
Lines 

SUMMARY: Still Team Sunny. Najya gets sprayed with croc blood, which paralyzes her front legs and slowly begins to spread.  She tries to twist away from the croc, but before vacating the premises, throws her sword towards his wounded side in the hopes of slicing him further before attempting to hobble away (with highly questionable success).  Still can’t see specifics, only thermal images – per GLL

@Random Event (GLL)

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Code:

Destrier and Suli</style>

Success.

The aim of the two dragons proved nothing short of true, fire and ice both hitting their marks upon the crocodile's back and tail, respectfully. My own magic seemed to take effect only a moment later, causing the reptilian to struggle and fight to draw in any air, and hopefully allowing others to place their own attacks without harm to themselves.

With so many bodies rushing at our foe, using both brute force and their own magics, I thought briefly of remaining where I was, well out of the way of the crocodile's deadly jaws and thrashing tail. Did I seem a coward standing back from the fray, and allowing Suli and Merlin to do the dirtier work for me?

Maybe, but I wasn't a fool. Suli and Merlin could easily avoid the croc's grasp if they kept far enough away, and could still rain fire and ice down upon the creature. I, on the other hand, was not gifted with wings nor the breath of the sun, and so chose to stay back.

Sucking in a deep breath, I once more summoned my magic, directing it at the crocodile with even more focus than before. Hold it as long as you can, I told myself as I attempted to choke the beast and snuff out any air around it, while the two dragons circled and released fire and ice down upon the crocodile. Suli's fire for its face, and Merlin for its tail yet again.

[Des remains standing back again, uses his magic once more to try and choke out the crocodile/suffocate it. Suli flies down and shoots fire at the croc's face, and Merlin blows ice at its tail again]

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Brilliant satisfaction rang in Archibald's muscled body as he heard the crocodile scream in pain. The whole body became visible before the Dauntless, his magic holding onto the creature tightly. Blessed be the Earth God, Archibald thought. This, though Archibald had been blessed beyond wealthy by the deity of earth and water, was the first thought of true worship he had ever uttered in mind or voice. Though the god had failed in protecting his son and the heart of his son's mother, Archibald thought him above the others--his magics, his companion, his armor, and his leadership in the Hidden Falls were a raging testament to that thought. His thoughts sizzled out, however, when he felt the heat of flame lick his hide. Sucking in a breathe, Archibald sidestepped quickly away from the brunt of the fire.

His jaw hardened, and though his hair was singed, there was little damage and pain felt. Archibald knew the true agony fire could create, and what rained down on his was an ant compared to the dragonfire he was scarred by now. The urge to continue to fight this beast before him was a war drum beating in his heart, and Archibald lowered from his rear and shifted, all but ready to assault the crocodile once more. However, a flash of black and gold out of the corner of his eye pulled his attention. A momentary flutter of his heart, which he recognized as panic, struck him and his hooves were moving beneath his towering body before he could gain complete control over his actions.

Ranjiri! Archibald and Loretta screamed in tandem through their bond, though the bitch dove towards the crocodile's ankle for her own attack as Archibald moved in to defend his neice. He was slower in his armor than he liked, but his intentions were not hidden. Quickly, Archibald lowered his head in his charge and moved to slice the crocodile's throat with his armor spikes. Sharp as swords they were along his crest, ready to flay apart this reptile's jugular and bring him to death. Ranjiri, whom the Dauntless moved in to protect, was carrying out her own assault and held proudly on to the eyeball of the crocodile. A smalls smirk of satisfaction lit the pale lips of the warrior king, but he still moved between the Rift god and the filly nonetheless. Stomping his hooves down onto the earth, Archibald released earth shaking tremors in an attempt to disorient the beast and call his balance to shit. Maybe then they would land the killing blow.
"

Archibald the Dauntless

You can only get so far
With no one by your side
A dark storm lies ahead
image credits

CONTEST WINNER.
With the beast held by his stone bones, Archibald runs in front of the creature to get between it and Ranjiri, lowers his head and tries to slice the croc with the spikes on his armor under its chin/throat. Archi then summons his tremors.

Mentions: @Ranjiri

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

A vicious snarl escapes my lips as flames from the carelessly tossed magic of others licked at my back, singing the fur along my back just as I had been burned by a hybrid stallion so many moons ago. As the fires subsided, the burning sensation did not. Casting my gaze upwards, I was confused to see red drops falling from the sky, blood falling onto my pelt and burning at my flesh for a few seconds. Confused and a bit disoriented, I looked over my shoulder to see the liquid rubies rolling down my flesh with a sickeningly delightful pain. A twisted smile spread across my lips, teeth still gritting together from the stinging of my skin. It was a temporary pain, and moments later the red color faded away as if it was never even there. My coat wasn't even wet or sticky with the metallic scent, it's like I had imagined it all...

One of the cries of the strangers around me reminded of the task at hand, pulling me away from my thoughts and back into the battle. Enraged that I had missed the crocodile due to my distraction, I twisted around with my crown lowered once again with every intention to gut the damned beast that had alluded me. Tilting my crown at an angle, I jabbed towards the crocodile with hopes of piercing it's amoured flesh and throwing the weight of my body into my attack. Should I stab the scaled beast, I would continue pushing forward until I could rip my horns straight out. I could not fail this time, I would not allow myself to miss again.

SUMMARY:
Panz is distracted from burns on his back, from fire and from @Ghost's blood rain illusion. Permission from Imi for it to hit him/heal him of GLL @Random Event.

Panzram then twists back around with his head lowered to try and stab the croc's side, aiming to gut the beast by ripping his horns upward if the stab is successful.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

If the shock of hearing his companion speak to him for the first time wasn’t enough to freeze him, the blood from the crocodile god certainly did the trick. A spray of it splattered across Mesec’s neck and he felt the muscles go rigid, the sensation spreading downward to his forelegs. He immediately looked for Ranjiri but she did not appear to be harmed, and her blow to the opposite eye had been more effective than his own - a disgusting trophy speared onto her horn. He beamed at her even as he struggled against the freezing sensation spreading through his body. Silver eyes roamed to the others fighting, so many of his friends. Ampere always grabbed his attention but he knew in a fight she would have a calm head, and she certainly did not seem to be in the need of any assistance from him.

Wrestling still with the freezing he spotted Najya, swinging her sword toward the crocodile. The stiff movements of his friend suggested that she had been hit with some blood as well. Inspired by the weapon and the desire to protect the mare, Mesec moved in the only way he knew he could - by summoning the shadows around him and disappearing, reappearing near the fallen sword and gripping the handle with his mouth.

The sword was awkward to handle and, with the stiffness of his muscles, he almost dropped it as soon as he picked it up. Thankfully, he was able to shift the weight enough to make it somewhat easier to manage - thinking to himself why he had thought this would be a good idea. He wasn’t even in a good spot to make a strike here either, as the crocodile was moving off and charging - and there was Ranjiri heading right toward it again.

He went to move his legs before realizing that he would not get to her in time to help, so he summoned the shadows again. The ground shook beneath him when he reappeared, courtesy of - Archibald? Mesec didn't have any time to marvel at the former general. The large stallion stood where he had thought Ranjiri was and now Mesec was standing near him but his attention remained on the offending monster. Managing to keep his feet through the tremors, although almost losing the sword again, he re-adjusted his stance. On stiff legs he moved forward and awkwardly swung the weapon toward the beast's neck. He would have been better off to use his horn but though his muscles were gradually loosening up once more he was afforded a little bit more movement with the weapon to make a strike.

image by Blu

Mesec doesn't let a little thing like being frozen stop him! Teleports toward @Najya where he steals borrows her sword where it falls before going back to his battlebuddy @Ranjiri and her body guard @Archibald before swinging the sword with a jerk of his head up against the crocodile's neck

permission from Kiara to have Mesec use the sword

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
Completely absorbed by my task of protecting my dear Evaneska, I ignored that petty cries of all those that tried to get me to move. Could they not see that I was trying to get this stubborn woman on her feet?! Something, or someone, shoved me from behind, sending me stumbling forward and landing partially on the petite mare. As hurriedly as could I pulled myself to my feet, muttering apologizes to the dappled vixen for landing on top of her. I was thankful that my entire body had not fallen forward, grateful that my full weight would not crush her. My shove seemed to have knocked some sense into the girl as she muttered something inaudible to me before at last rising to her feet. To my surprise, she rushed towards the battle, to a young filly.

With doubt in my mind I watched Evaneska stand guard for the white filly, shouting at me to go join the battle, fulfill my duties as a warrior and protect the innocent souls around us. Although I was proud of her for rising to her feet, proud of her for taking a stand, I had my doubts of her abilities. She certainly was a stubborn one. With a curt not of my muzzle, I turned away from her to join in the fight with the others, taking to the skies as I had with the previous gods. Hovering over the now revealed crocodile, my blazing eyes scouring him for any sort of weak spot, I scowled. Why, of all things, did it have to be a crocodile, with his most sensitive sides underneath him and me no magic to help? Several others were aiming to attack the brute's skull, risking the large jaws, flames and magic.

Seeking my chance to help those that were confronting the beast head-on, I dove towards the crocodile with my forelegs outstretched. My legs were locked into position, ready to drive my weight into the spine of the worthless 'god'. When my back legs caught up to my front hooves, I scratched out like an angry cat, clawing at the scales intending to reveal weak spots for those that were trying to stab the creature.

Summary: Thantos makes sure Evaneska is alright before taking to the skies and hovering over the croc for a moment to scan the area. Then he dives down with his forelegs aiming to crush the crocs's spine and his back legs clawing out trying to skin it alive by pulling off scales so that those with horns can more easily stab it.

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL

When he had plunged into the heat of the battle, Gull had seen nothing but the dark blur of black hide and wicked horn. As he collided with his target and heard him swear, a vicious satisfaction bubbled along with the mucus in his chest amd he couldn’t help but loose a strangled scream to the heavens. But victory wasn’t his yet. Like a beaten dog, his enemy rocketed away into the fray, and Gull raced after him in hot pursuit, hungry for blood.

However, his quarry had the advenatge on this terrain, camouflaged by the whirling bodies and dark smoke. At every stride, the cursed stallion’s lungs protested, and the press of flesh from every which way slowed him further. He coughed harshly, the tears from the stinging smoke flowing freely from his eyes, searching the battlefield for the black form of the fleeing beast. Ah! There! Right by the—

The grullo and ash-colored stallion swerved suddenly at the sight of the enormous crocodile, now partially uncloaked by the torrent of fire that rained down upon its body from above. WHAT WAS THAT? Distracted and horrified by the monstrous creature, Öde faded into the background, momentarily forgotten in the light of this  unexpected development. Gull’s mouth opened to yell, but spent of breath, no sound came out. Sides heaving, he cantered wildly in and out of the battle, running scared. He had never signed up for this!

And yet…in his panic, again his eyes found Öde, and the hatred that rose in his heart was enough to choke the fear. He would not let the cur get away, would not let him live to breed and kill and enslave his kind, not while Gull still drew breath. If he was to die on this field, let him drag the beast down to hell with him! Summoning his failing strength, the winged stallion charged again, neck outstretched and teeth bared. Let him be victorious, he prayed to no power in particular. Let him rake the flesh from his enemy’s side, and let him draw blood.

text 
"speech" 

Image Credits

Summary: Begins to go after @Öde, but is distracted when he finally notices the huge croc. Running scared, he dodges in and out of the battle until he happens to spot Öde again and regains his focus. Charges Öde a second time with his teeth bared, hoping to draw blood.
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

A lover not a fighter on the frontline with a poem
trying to write yourself a rifle, maybe sharpen up a song
to fight the tanks and drones of you being alone

Once again his magic works, pulling the disease from the black male's lungs. Offering a smile to him, Miykael manages a slight nod of his aching head. "You're welcome." he rasps, turning his head suddenly away as another cough rips itself forcefully from his lungs, spraying the black tar upon the ground before him. The black stains his lips but still he remains optimistic. Miykael isn't worried about himself. He doesn't matter but the rest of them do. So as the other male leaves to attend to the injured, Miykael's sky blue gaze seeks out Naerys in the crowd once more.

He watches as her hooves connect with the crocodile. Watches as the creature's blood splatters on the pretty white of her front legs and then he sees her panic, frantic and flailing. 'Get out of there, Naerys. Please - please get out of there.' he thinks, no... mentally begs her. She couldn't hear, of course. Not the way Eliana could. The zephyr, whom had been hovering near to the girl, acts quickly and flaps her wings in an attempt to slow down time - hoping to aid the young filly or, at the very least, keep her from death's door. Somehow, he notices his daughter recuperate enough to pull herself out of danger and then she merely hovers; remaining out of the fray for now.

Miykael heaves a rather large sigh of relief, a proud smile curving across his features. Only then, knowing his daughter to be safe, does his gaze scan the crowd that has gathered for this fight. His gaze lands on a young unicorn; his coat is nearly black with a few golden accents but what stands out to him the most is the familiar black shine of the goo upon his face - centered clearly around his eyes, mouth, and nose. Miykael steps closer but keeps enough distance between him and the fighters to hopefully avoid being hit with the crossfire. Focusing on the boy's lungs, he pulls on his healing magic and centers the light in his chest. He concentrates for several moments before allowing it to fade. The boy, he knew, would feel better even as Miykael felt worse and worse. Blood mingles with the black tar coming from his nose but it simply goes unnoticed by the healer. His breathing becomes more ragged as he looks out over the crowd for more sick that he could heal - but the sickness and pain in his head make it difficult for him to focus.

Miykael
At war with love

credits :: royal genesis, sippanont samchai, coding by rottie

Summary: Eliana sees Naerys panic and falter, so she uses her Roc ability and flaps her wings with the intent of slowing down time. Miykael finds Rikyn in the crowd, notices the symptoms of GLL and attempts to heal him.

Mentions: @Rikyn
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

It was utter chaos before me as the other healers rushed to aid the injured, only for more and more to gain injuries. It was almost impossible for me to even be able to help anyone, as each person that got an injury rushed right back into the battle without a second thought. Those that didn't were reached by the other healers before I could even have a chance to notice. As I grew lost in all that raged around me, fire from above burned at my back and lightly seared at my skin. "Aaah!" I shrieked with surprise, my teeth gritting together at the pain while the voice of Pongo screamed through my head. "M-MOVE!" Obeying his command, I rushed to dodge the fires and find relief from the flames.

Pongo was growing angry with the fight, tossing his horns violently over the fact that I had been hurt without even doing anything. I could feel his frustrations as he stomped his tiny hooves, watching the crocodile being butchered and his desire to protect me. Suddenly, my companion bolted from me towards the crocodile. "Pongo, NO!" My scream raged in his mind and across the flats as I chased after him, giving no thought to the dangers I was putting myself in. "Pongo, stop!" Just before the antelope reached the crocodile with his meager attempts at stabbing it with his horns, I swooped past him and put myself in between them, letting my back hooves slide out. With a wild buck of my hind legs, I kicked at anything that threatened to harm by beloved companion while shielding him with the front half of my body.

Summary: No longer has GLL. Is burned by the fires above, which angers Pongo. Pongo rushes into the fight and to save him Morrigan charges after him and puts herself between Pongo and the croc. She bucks out as hard as she can at anything that poses a threat to her or her companion.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie,
Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

Still, the god fought on. Ki’irha’s ears lay flat against her head, eyes narrowed and muscles tensed. Magic made the air sizzle and burn, and the earth split and buckled. The world was hectic and unpredictable. Though they fought alone, there needed to be something to say about the way the equines, pegasus, and unicorns alike stood together against this foreign monster. Bodies bumped, shoulder to shoulder, wings fanning fire that showered down, horns and antlers and hooves and wings all weapons wielded by both the most skilled warriors to the youngest civilians.

Suddenly, from the craziness that thundered around her, the starry girl saw a flash of earth and white and antlers. Worry brushed swelled in her heart as Enna joined beside her to fight the beast. Home was suddenly here, and she was no longer protecting herself, defending the front lines so the Basin remained safe, but now she needed to ensure everyone went home. But there was no doubt that Enna could hold her own. She could see how the mare had grown since their spar, which seemed so long ago in this moment. But still, she feared for the gentle girl, knowing she could never forgive herself if something happened while she stood by. Silver eyes flickered back to the target. She would fight beside her proudly, but do her damndest to ensure her friend stayed safe.

Turning back to the beast she lunged again, aiming again for the softness of the underarm. But before she could wound the creature, flames overtook her. She scrambled back, a screech of agony bursting from her lips. Her beautiful coat frizzled, skin blistering and burning and charred. Great sobs broke from her as she gasped for air, eyes held shut, afraid to open them and see what had come to her. They didn’t open until she remembered her secret vow. “Enna!” she coughed, moving blindly and clumsily to find the girl, make sure she was okay. The world was moving so quickly. As she made it to the fae’s side, a sudden coolness rushed over her. As if time was turning back, the heat was pulled from her wounds, and in place of the searing pain she felt a soft tingling. Glancing quickly down, where had once been black was now her usual blue, with nothing but stars marring the previous injury. She hoped (prayed, even) that her face and mane and everywhere else had received the same effects.

Before she could thank the healer, Enna was back at the beast. Smiling, brows furrowing, she followed, only instead of stopping at the injury she left the ground, leaping, intending to land on the broad back of the god. She thrust her horn downwards, falling to her knees as she attempted to plunge her horn into the spine, aiming for a small gap between great scales.  

Speech
OOC// Gets burned, is healed by Enna, jumps onto the back of the god and attempts to drive her horn into his back near his spine.
Mentioned: @Enna
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
EVANESKA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 5 The Croc's tail comes your way - and you successfully deflect it from Erthe
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - no damage taken

NURAY
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - You run towards the Croc, and successfully hit it behind its shortribs
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - No damage taken

RIKYN
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 2 - You are knocked aside by others trying to attack the Croc
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - You're knocked to you knees

IMONADA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - Your Voice causes many to rouse from a stupour and they move to safety

Shadow
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 3 - The Crocodile avoids your attack
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - As you rear to protect Erthe, the Crocodile hits you squarely in the chest, creating a deep wound and shoving you backwards onto your back

ERTHE - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 3 - Does nothing; protected by many.
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - Takes no damage

MAUJA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 6 - While the Croc's heart does not burst from the cold, clearly the having its heart muscle begin to harden with the cold has an effect.

VOLTERRA - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 8 - Your thin spike pierces upwards through an already loose spike. The Crocodile wheezes brutally
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - You are knocked around by those around you, and your shoulder is bruised and battered

GHOST
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 1 - Volterra slams into you by accident
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Your wing is knocked badly.

NYX
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - The electricity stuns the creature for many seconds, allowing many others to strike it. It's remaining eye rolls backwards into its skull
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - You take no damage

GAUCHO - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 9 - Your fire singes away much of the skin on the crocodile's face, melting it down to the bone
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - NO damage taken

ISOPIA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - The hot stones knock the crocodile askew
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Fire from above burns you again

TEMBOVU
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 9 - Your horn pulls multiple scales off of the creature

AMPERE
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 9 - Your magic pierces through the creature, stunning it, making it very vulnerable to Aith's attack.

RHEA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 5 - Your hooves find the back of the creature's neck and it roars in pain
DAMAGE TAKEN ||  Odd - no damage taken

SHIDA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 6 Your explosions ricochet under the creature
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Fire from above hits you

CICERON
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 1 - As you try to protect the group, magic from around you knocks you off of balance
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - You stumble and fall

KALONA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - Your knife finds the belly of the beast, releasing freezing cold blood
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - You take no damage

EREBOS
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - Your horn jabs the hind leg of the crocodile and it stutters to a halt
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - It knocks you with its tail in pain

DEIMOS
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - Clearly, the beast begins to die. Your magic causes its skin to pale, and the parts of its already dying flesh grow black
DAMAGE TAKEN || The crocodile jabs your shoulder with a wounded paw

LENA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - Imogen's fire finds the beast. You are successful in healing a few
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The Crocodile manages to kick Imogen

THRANDUIL
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 2 - Your charge is unsuccessful, and you are kicked out of the way.
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - You are shoved roughly to the left.

KNOX
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 1 - You charge in the wrong direction, and trip over yourself and fall
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - you tumble to the ground

MILO
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 3 - Your charge is unsuccessful.
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The crocodile hurtles you to the ground with a swift flick of its tail causing "Kissing Spine" (aka pushing a vertebrae out of place. Spinal processes that rub together are not only painful to the horse, but can also create additional issues, including bony remodeling (arthritis) and ligament inflammation (desmitis), and reluctance to lay down or roll and general stiffness. Can be quested to heal.)

AHVELYN
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 6 - You wound the already injured flesh of the Croc's underarm, causing more frigid blood to flow
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The croc's blood freezes you

RANJIRI
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 9 - Your horn pierces the Croc's Throat, letting forth frigid blood
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Blood from the crocodile pours down your face, freezing it

BADGER
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 8 You successfully protect Erthe
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - however you are wounded when Shadow falls backwards

ASHAMIN
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - Your charge breaks the wrist of the crocodile

TIAMAT
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 8 -Successfully heals Erthe, who remains uninjured.
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - You are knocked down by Badger as he is knocked by Shadow

REXANNA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 4 - Your horn knocks into the Croc's left side, pulling at a scale
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The Croc shoves its body back into your face, shoving you away

MORDECAI
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - The blood that is pouring out of the crocodile turns mildly acidic, burning itself as it bleeds
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - No damage

AITHNIEL
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - kills the Crocodile

OPHELIA - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 8 - Ophelia's horn finds her mark. Torleik is also successful, with help from Irelyn
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The Croc's (now acidic blood, thanks to Mordecai) drops onto your neck and forehead

EINARR
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - Successfully healed by Lena. Your kick delivers a broken bone.
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - Takes no damage.

ROHAN
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 2 - You kick, but miss
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The close proximity causes the Croc's blood ( now acidic, thanks to Mordecai) to spill onto your haunches

MEGEARA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - healed by Badger. You and Mordecai make your way to the sidelines
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd

ODE
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 5 - Your horn attack pierces the Croc's side.
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - No damage

BOY
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 2 - Your attack misses

MAREN - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 8 - Your kick knocks out one of the Croc's hindlegs
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Blood from its body splashes onto you, burning you

SOREN
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - Your horn hits the Croc's stomach
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - It bleeds on you, freezing your forehead

ENNA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - Succesful in healing. Your antlers gauge the Croc's eye
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Burned from fire falling from above

CERA - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - You land heavily on the Croc's lower back. While it tries to wrestle you off, many others are able to make deathly blows
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Eventually it throws you roughly off.

NAERYS
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 6 - Your kick causes the creature to roar in pain
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - It hits you with its tail as you try to fly up

TORLEIK
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 1 - Irelyn helps Tinek, but you end up being in the way
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - The blood that flows from Ophelia's attack splashes onto you as well, burning you

PERSEPHONE
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 3 - nothing happens
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Burned again from above

NAJYA
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 1 - Mesec takes your sword - you swing at nothing with nothing

DESTRIER
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - The creature gasps for air, and teeters without breath

ARCHIBALD - CW
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 9 - Your armor slices a deep gauge in the Croc's chest, and your tremors immediately upset its balance
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - It manages to bite you before stumbling away

PANZRAM
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 6 - Your horn hits, but you are knocked away before you can thrust your horn upwards

MESEC
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 10 - The stolen sword penetrates deep into the Croc

THANTOS
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 4 - Your legs hit the Croc, but you can't manage to pull any scales back
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd

GULL
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 3 - You miss Ode

MIYKAEL
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 7 - Successfully healed
DAMAGE TAKEN || Even - Fire from above burns you

MORRIGAN
Team SG
DAMAGE DEALT || 3 - Attack misses
DAMAGE TAKEN || Odd - No damage taken.

Ki'irha posted after the time limit. Assume that her attack missed.

PRIZES
If you didn't get a prize, you STILL get SWP points which can be used to cash in at the end of the plot! So no worries.

screenshot of lists: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/5614738a54280
(**Should say Rohan where it says Tilney)

1. Ophelia - Croc hide armor
2. Milo - Croc God Blood
3. Thranduil - Fire/Light Magic
4. Megaera - Croc God Blood
5. Isopia -  Croc God Blood
6. Cera - Small Flaming Scale
7. Ode - Small Flaming Scale
8. Tembovu - Croc Skull Mask
9. Mesec - Croc God Blood
10. Morrigan - Small Flaming Scale
11. Shida - Small Flaming Scale
12. Thantos - Fire/Light Magic
13. Lena - Croc God Blood
14. Shadow - Croc Spine Bow
15. Najya - Small Flaming Scale

You can give your items ICly/OOCly to other people.

These items belong to this specific character until ICly given!

ALL ITEMS ARE BEING ADDED TO YOUR PRIZE RECORDS. You don't need to post to the char records updates.

Ophelia, Tembovu, and Shadow, you guys can post in the character record updates to choose your item enchantment! TY

If you would like to have your magic given to you in the next post, please PM Official with what you want. If you DO NOT WANT the Sun God to give you your item, please PM Official. If I don't hear from you, the God will give the character the item.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
@Random Event, I think Rohan is supposed to be where Tilney is in the list of damages! :)
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Updated! So sorry about that!!