the Rift

[OPEN] Trickle Down

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
I can hear my train comin'

The need to wander had faded some within him, and though he still found himself lured away from the Throat, from the company of his friend, Ranjiri, he did not wander far.

It wasn’t that he wished to escape her or the kind desert dwellers he had come to be introduced to, rather that he needed time to walk alone and think.  It was not always easy collecting one’s thoughts with Ranjiri around – she was effervescent, always full of bright conversation about faith, family, or the weather.  And, while he loved her for her ability to fill the long silences with the bouncy cadence of her voice, he also still held the deep reverence for being on his own as he always had.

And so he was alone now, crossing the ruddy fringes of a gem bedazzled flatland.  Unconsciously, he wandered to its center, his tall figure casting a long and awkward shadow in the late afternoon, the western sun to his left; thus it was with some measure of surprise that he pulls to a halt at the brim of the pit that, once, all of Helovia had hidden in.

It had been a long while since he’d thought of the caverns, and never had he been in them without the masses filling the strange center room and the various branches that extended outward from it.  Tentatively, his dark muzzle tests the cool air wafting up from the craterous hole, smelling on the dank mustiness of places not often travelled, dark and hidden, and cautiously (he’d once nearly broke an ankle making the descent), he decides to make his way down into the ruddy illumination of the fire falls in the central cavern below.

Across his shoulders the skin pulls taut, causing the gathering collection of boils there and along his sides and spine to burst open and leak putrescent fluid down his shoulders, either from the sheer tension across his skin, or the rubbing of his dark leather harness against their fragile curvature.  The disease has not covered his figure as it did that of Ranjiri, but nearly hourly he can find a new bulbous, stinging protrusion along his figure; he blames, rather than his friend (or even the very nature of viral diseases), his absence, accepting the painful boils as a penance for having abandoned his herd and friends so suddenly.

And so, somber are the thoughts of the stag as his hooves click across the smooth stone, the smell of so many once pressed within its confines lost to the trail of time and the cool winds which usher from the deepest recesses of the earth.  Dissonantly, he comes to a halt before the flaming falls which casts reddish light about the dark room, eyes searching the infernal flicker absently as his mind traces through all he had been told since he’d returned.

[ OOC: YEAH finally able to make some posts. ^^  If anyone wants to drop in and cure him of BFB, that would be neat. ]

@Sheba 

Now I'm runnin' for my life
memorablemoose & larfsalot @deviantart
dinpattern.com
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Raeden had found her self in the heart caves, her light pelt glistened in the sun with a flawless completion. Her teal eyes wondered around the caves looking over the beautiful sights. Rae looked to her companion Tin, he was always next to her never leaving her side in the toughest of times. She loved her little deer more than anything in the world, besides her sister. She misses Ru with all her heart and still was not sure where to find her. Her hooves clicked against the changing surface that was now rock, and Tin stopped quickly trying to make Rae turn around. Tin warned her of some kind of disease that was near. She nuzzled him to continue on and she convinced him everything was okay.

She heard the sound of someone else now and Tin quickly blended the two of them into the surroundings of the cave. Thy watched a stallion near them just wondering through the caves. They then started to follow him with quiet foot steps into the flaming falls. The room glowed with red hues as the water crashed down into the red pool of aqua under it. The stallion halted as he looked at the falls. She looked over his body wondering if he would be her prince, but right now he just looks like he is in pain from those bumps on his side. She pushed on Tin asking him to unmask them and the deer looked to her 'Lets go he is infected with something' She looked at him her teal eyes throbbing with wanting to help him 'No i need to help him' She smiled walking foward towards the stallion.

Her long tail drug behind her as Tin rushed back to her side words Hello Sir, My name it Raeden, I couldn't help but notice those sores on your side. I can try to heal you , You see i have magic that purifies your whole body and it might help you. I did not mean to just creep up on you, but Tin is slightly shy.   She smiled at her companion walking next to the stallion, she would hope her magic would work on him. She got blessed with spark and light magic so she might as well use it.

words I hope i did not disturb you peace, i just wanted to try to help you. As long as i dont get those things i will be happy. She chuckled careful not to touch him in case it would spread to her. Her eyes gazed over the falls and she looked to Tin. This was a remarkable place, every room glowed with different colors. She still could not get her mind off of Ru, all she did was think about her as she looked in the water below her dazing off for a few minutes waiting for the stallion to answer her.
words words

OOC:: I threw her in she should be able to heal him if you would like :)

Image Credits

@Dragomir

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
Sheba
another ticking bomb to bury deep and detonate

Ahhh. The sigh slid quietly from her muzzle, like the flutter of moth wings dancing toward a flame. Honey eyes blinked slowly, taking in the glory of the glittering crystals, and Sheba inhaled once more. Black velvet lips curled into a small smile. Though she rather resented the lush bloom of spring and the constant reminders of youth, her love for shiny things had not gone away. Here, in the cool damp refuge from the growing heat, she had come to admire the treasure room in Helovia’s heart.

And though it was dark and cold, it was lovely! Besides the shimmering gems, the cavern held another gem: silence. A private creature by nature, the lady liked her solitude, and few would bother her down here. Except…The distinctive ring of hooves on stone came echoing down the passage, as if mocking her assumptions. The mare’s ears pinned, and she slipped into the shadows before peering up the tunnel.

What—or rather whom—she saw surprised her. Why, she mused, an incredulous smirk creeping across her features, was that Dragomir? She hadn’t seen the crafter in seasons, in fact…The old mare shrunk back, ears falling to the side. She hadn’t seen him since before this curse had been set upon her nearly two years ago. If she were to greet him, would he even recognize her? She didn’t know. Still, she was…well, not lonely, but rather desirous of some social acknowledgement. Sheba remembered the crafter as having a gentle spirit, and she suspected that he might look kindly on her pitiful old form, even if he did not know that it was her. She would speak to him.

But no sooner had she stepped forward than another mare approached. Sheba’s gaze narrowed and darkened at the sight of the young beauty, a unicorn who could have rivaled her even in her better days. As her sickly-sweet voice carried down the passage, the old mare’s face soured, and she began to turn away. She refused to stand side by side with this unknown hussy—she might have a pretty face, but she was probably vain and stupid. Poor Dragomir would be on his own in dealing with her, she thought bitterly. But as she moved away, her creaking joints betrayed her. A stiff step sent a pebble bouncing away into the dark with a clatter, and she froze, cursing silently. Had they heard that?

OOC: So sorry for the wait!! Can’t wait to reunite them! Also, don’t mind Grumpybuns, Dressy, she’s just jealous xD

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; modified by Shady
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
I can hear my train comin'
He had been raised differently than this, he thinks, looking into the red sheet that falls before him, for he had been taught loyalty; and such are his thoughts when the sound of another turns his pale eyes about, his broad chest still turned to the magma so that the right side of his face glows ruddy and orange.

The figure is female, svelte and curved, her pale hair cascading in easy ripples and ringlets, her features adorned with a single, spiraling horn, one that shines a thousand tones of pink, violet, and bright, midnight blue in the red light refracted from its white and polished surface. He’s seen stones very similar before in the red earth that is packed tight about the chasm in which they dwell, and he even knows its name: opal. That it has made its way onto her face rather than the ground is a peculiarity about unicorns that the simple, equine stallion will never understand – or seek to.

He accepts it, like he does most things; like he accepts her company, though he’d rather dwell in silence and the penance of his pain.

The smile which alights on his face is less warm than that of the unicorn maiden, reserved as the uneasy trot which carries her companion in her wake, but he tries, none the less. His tail sways gently in the super heated air as she introduces herself and the peculiar miniature buck, words pouring from her mouth like rain from overburdened clouds – which, he supposes, is good, because it means he’ll have to talk that much less.

"Peace would mean nothing if it was not occasionally broken," he answers thoughtfully, because he’s in a thoughtful place – his voice is even deeper than its usually oceanic depths, rich and alive with the storm clouds which fringe his heart, and the rumble is low, the stag disliking the echo of his own voice in the cavern (and seeking to avoid it by keeping his volume minimal), "and help is always appreciated."

He is nodding in a distant, conversational sort of way, and about to introduce himself in turn, when another sound draws his attentions back out towards the direction of the exit, pulling his bulky tritoned figure all the way about where only his face had moved to greet Raeden and Tin. Curiosity lifts his ears, pale eyes searching the shadow and pale gray stone for the figure which had made the noise.

"I’m Dragomir, of the…well, no where now," he offers, though its more of an afterthought, his focus more fully placed on the dim shadows (cursing his eyes for their failure to see thoroughly as some seemed to see in the darkness); yet, it’s only when he takes a moment to look back towards the opal crowned maiden and back into the depths that he manages to pick out the familiar figure of yet another lightly pelted unicorn.

This one, he does know, at least he thinks so anyway; there is something familiar to her small stature, and as he looks more closely, he sees the smooth reflection of round, glass baubles.

His heart shudders violently in mourning; his glass. The sight of it makes a part of him reach out in longing, a part which withers and whimpers as it withdraws.

"Sh…Sheba?" he calls out to her, pulling her name from his memory, dusting off the cobwebs of disuse.

@Raeden @Sheba
[ OOC: Ah I took forever I'm sorry guys. D: Sometimes he just doesn't cooperate with me at all. ]
Now I'm runnin' for my life
memorablemoose & larfsalot @deviantart
dinpattern.com
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Raeden looked to the stallion walking closer to him to finally stand next to the sick creature. With the boils over his body he looked like death, something that was not even close to being a king. She smiled and listened to the stag speak as Tin stood near her gazing over the stallion. He was not pleased with him and he made that very clear by the small huffs and puffs from his deer nose. Raeden flicked her teal eyes to the small creature and shook her head as to say enough of this shit. Then her attention focused back on the stag who approved of her help. It would be the first time she used her magic on someone since she had left, she hoped she could remember how to use it.

She lowered her cream crown and closed her teal eyes focusing on the healing of this poo stallion. She took a deep breath and with that the cave started to light up with a purple glow. As she released the magic from her crown, the light sparked and jumped towards the stallion. Not only did it try to heal him, but anything in the environment that was sick would also try to be healed. Even another equine would feel the affect of her magic. When it was over the smell of fresh rain filled the cave and Raeden almost fell to the ground with exhaustion from using this magic. Tin quickly ran over to her aid as he flicked his oriental antlers at the stallion telling him to back away from her now.

When she had gotten her self back together she looked to the stallion who she found out was named Dragomir she heard foot steps behind her. Her head quickly flicked to see another mare standing in the cave with them. 'Great just what I need' she looked to Tin speaking to him. Her teal eyes gazed over the old creature as she turned back to Dragomir once again. Well it is nice to meet you. I hope that this helped you get better from those Boils. They seem painful. If you had any other ailment it should have cured that too.. My magic purifies the whole environment. What brings you two to the caves? she questioned trying to play nice with including the other mare that he apparently knew.
words words

OOC:: @Random Event to cure Dragomir and sorry it took so long

Image Credits

@Dragomir