the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rosey Posey

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
Just north of the Thistle Meadow, where the flatlands of the purple flower bedazzled fields stretched into the rolling foothills of mountains and the river lands, in the realm between where green broke into gray, into snow, four large hillocks level down into a small, natural dip into the landscape.  Nestled there, in the heart of these hills, is a small copse, and even from a distance, one can make out the bright colors of flowers dotting the grasses, and the shady places beneath the gently swaying, emerald boughs; he only knows of this pretty little secret, not far off the commonly travelled trails, from a time he walked through, briefly, and alone.

This time, nearly two years precisely since his last venture through, he has company – as he has had the last few days, a rather unusual occurrence for the usually solitary stallion.  However, he finds that he looks back on the hours spent with her fondly, their partings having only been occasional as her tasks, numerous in her rank (he remembered the pull of responsibility, though it was no longer his), drew her away from him and into the desert, or elsewhere.

During these times he had gathered his thoughts and filed neatly in his mind each memory with Ranjiri, saving them for drearier days when friends were hard to find. 

Today was such a day that he sought to make more of these pleasant daydreams, having run out of truly interesting subjects of study some time ago, and luring Ranjiri back out into the wilds of Helovia, eager to again wander its landscape, and to share with her the few things he had to share.

One of these things was this particular little nook of the world, a place where the steady downward roll of the hills fed healthy amounts of snow into the rift, and which in turn allowed the earth to produce particularly vibrant and numerous flowers; some of these were those to be expected, flowers growing upwards from the green and gold shafts of grass, while others seemed to cling to the shade beneath the trees – and others still climbed them, on vines with spade and star shaped leaves.

"What do you think?" he asks, turning to her with his blue eyes wide and hopeful to find that she enjoys it, especially after such a walk here, and the secrecy he’d veiled about it all, to try and surprise her with the prettiness of where they wound up.

@Ranjiri

Dragomir</style>
where light shines, shadows will stretch</style>
Credits
JETTSTOCK : SED-RAH-STOCK : GALAXIESANDDUST</style>
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

ranjiri

it's written in the stars that shine above
a world where you and i belong
where faith and love will keep us strong

I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Dragomir. I was comfortable around him, even when neither of us were saying anything. He was one of the few that could just be with and not feel like I had to say anything or keep up some kind of conversation. We walked in relative silence, which I found to be nice. After herd meetings filled with shouting and accusations, and battles that rang with the screams of both anger and agony I liked the quiet because I could finally be at peace. Sharing that peace with a good friend only made it better.

I didn't know where Dragomir was taking me, but I trusted him enough to not question it. My mind did wander, though, and I thought about all of the different places we could go. The beach would offer a nice reprieve from the heat, but I decided that it couldn't be the beach because we could have stayed near the Throat. There still might be some snow in the mountains, but our path didn't take us that direction. Then there was the meadow, but I'd been in the meadow time and again so it was really nothing new, or so I thought.

As many times as I'd been in the meadow I'd never spotted the little copse of trees that Drago was walking toward. The wildflowers were so bright and so beautiful that it made me dumbfounded. How could I have missed it over and over again? 

"What do you think?"

"Its beautiful!" I didn't wait for Dragomir to lead the rest of the way. The grass I trotted through was knee high and rustled quietly with every step I took. "How did you find this place?" I asked when I finally stopped to look around again. And, really, I couldn't help myself. I reached down and picked one of the flowers, a pretty yellow-gold one with petals as soft as velvet. I turned to Drago and tucked it into his mane then stepped back, smiling and admired my work. "Could we pick a few?" I asked only a few seconds later. I knew the flowers wouldn't last long after we picked them but ... I wanted to sneak and put a few more flowers in Drago's hair.

I couldn't help myself.

"." 

ooc://
if you don't want the flower in his hair lemme know and i'll edit x3

Chan

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Bunnie
It was easy to miss things in Helovia, he might have said if she’d asked – it was a land of beauty and wealth, if one could look past its suspect magnetism for passing events bleak and horrible.

But, she didn’t ask, instead leaping forward with all the exuberance and delight he’d hoped – as he hadn’t been entirely sure he was taking her somewhere new. She had, after all, lived in Helovia her whole life.

He follows behind her, smiling and pleased, pale eyes glistening as the grass swishes and sways around his thick limbs, and while his steps are longer than her own, he still has to hustle with a brisk walk to keep up with her bouncy pace.

"Oh, I stumbled on it while walking once," he says, though he cannot really remember where or why he had been wandering, stopping alongside her and letting his eyes leisurely sweep across the serene little copse, "there are certain advantages to avoiding main roads."

…and the people one might find on them, but he doesn’t include that part; his antisocial nature is surely one that Ranjiri at least knows of at this point, for he is often hard to find even when one knows where to look.

As he talks, she dips down to pick one of the flowers, earning an absent glance that strays away, quickly returned to her when her lips slip the stem of the thing into his dark mane. His blue eyes widen slightly and a bemused smile plays mistily across his lips, feeling, as he has so often in her company, the rush of warmth to his skin – but he doesn’t shy away or pull back in any manner, having found trust and comfort in her company, at least well enough to be so unintentionally near her without flinching.

Could we pick a few?

He smiles.

"Of course," he says, tearing his eyes away from her to lean around to his shoulder, snapping open a few of the pouches that he knows to be empty, "we can stay as long as you want."

@Ranjiri

Dragomir</style>
I hope tomorrow you find better things.</style>
Credits
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

ranjiri

I nodded my head as Dragomir said that he found the little grove while he was walking and that there were advantages to avoiding the main roads. "You get to avoid other horses and you find secret spots like this." My voice was teasing and light, but I knew it was the truth. I'd been around Drago long enough to know that he valued his personal space and his privacy. He seemed to be comfortable around me, though, and for that I was thankful and so very, very happy"How many other secret places do you have?" I asked jokingly, but I still wondered because Dragomir had wandered far more than I did. Surely he'd found more beautiful hidden in Helovia than I could even imagine.

I smiled when he said that we could pick some of the flowers then followed it up by saying that we could stay as long as I wanted. As long as I wanted. "Really?" I asked because no one had ever left me in charge of deciding anything. I turned and looked around the little secret grove and I sighed. "I could stay here forever, its so peaceful." Surrounded by the flowers and trees and the wispy grasses that brushed so gently against my legs it was easy to forget about the world just beyond those trees. Everything just seemed so perfect right at that moment.

I leaned down and plucked another flower, this one a pretty shade of pink that I thought would look just lovely in Drago's dark hair right beside the golden yellow one I'd tucked in those dark strands. So while he distracted himself with opening up pouches to collect the flowers I tucked that pink flower in his hair and I giggled to myself. Beautiful.

"." 

Chan

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Bunnie
Abashed, his awkward smile is as swift as the blood which rushes to his skin, hidden, blessedly, by the rich chocolate and ebony tones of his coat. She’s right, of course – he hadn’t been off the main road looking for nature’s treasures, and part of his embarrassment isn’t due to her seeing through his thinly veiled truths. That she knows him well enough to deduce as much, that she has bothered to get to know him beyond just his name and appearance, to make him a friend rather than just an acquaintance, is something that settles warm and fuzzy through his veins.

It’s not a feeling he’s used to. It makes his ears fall aside as the onslaught of tingly sensations runs riot through him, pale eyes glittering with a secret delight that, if asked, he would be likely unable to place words to.

Thankfully, she carries on, her voice sweet as the smell of the flowers on the crisp spring breeze, lilting in a question that makes him smile at the bright humor lacing each note, and that he does indeed know of other places that, perhaps, she has not seen. His time alone is ample, his wandering often unbroken by the presence of others, and he has earned from his lack of conversations and close companionships a vast amount of his own moments. These moments have strung together into a woven tapestry of fate, the stallion driven by the same silent drum line and thread which tugs hooves down foreign, and yet very familiar, paths, that had drawn his mother to Isilme all that time ago. That selfsame thread which had guided her through her life had passed on to her child, and with it had been shared a deep belief in faith, in fate, that nothing happened that was without purpose, merit, or truth.

He had found this place all that while ago so that he might see Ranjiri now, framed in the serene beauty of the secluded grove, and so that he could create whatever memories they had given life to upon their arrival here. Before then he had met Mirage, so that he might learn to love the winged damsel alongside him, rather than disdain her for things outside of her control.

"A few," he answers absently, thinking of just that many images in a moment, smiling down at her with a quiet joy that is deep and thrumming.

He’s still looking at the black and gold as she pivots about to admire the grove and the flowers, her enthusiasm radiating off of her figure in almost palpable waves; as he has been doing since they’d reunited in the Threshold, the stallion basks in her easily emotions, the warmth of her happiness as pleasant as the salty seas of his childhood.

Forever, she says; it rolls in a slow, soft echo through his mind. A sigh, alive with the hum of contentment, is her answer, at first.

Wouldn’t that be wonderful? To stay here, denying the inevitable death of the flowers with the frost, hiding from the darkness which seems to coil and curl behind each turning page of time? To stay, with her, to cling to the dishonest longing in his heart that, if they willed it to be so, the forward march of the river would slow, would still, leaving them to eddy like petals carried out of the current and into motionless shallows.

"If that is what you wish," he says, not knowing why he promises her so many things, or why he so fully believes that he will keep them; he has never been the sort to view himself as being so steadfast, having denied he held any of the admirable traits which existed in his sire.

Dragomir was not the sort of man who could be compared to his sire, King of his people, one whose name fell from the mouths of Gods, one who was pious and capable of so much more than the painted boy could ever dream, at least if one was to ask the former Glazier. The approval of his sire was something he endlessly reached for, even now, so many years and miles of distance between them – a reach that never seemed long enough, which grasped hopelessly at emptiness. That he was indeed a son of the Steadfast was a truth that yet evaded him, the mirror though which he viewed himself still hazed by the warped belief that he was his mother’s son, as Adalwulf had said so often.

It had been meant in love, of course, in reference to his dam’s sensitive, wandering heart, and thoughtful presence, though Dragomir had not taken it that way.

Such are his thoughts as Ranjiri’s closeness draws him back into reality, the vibrant pink of the newest flower taking its place alongside the yellow. Finding that he can only smile awkwardly as he returns his gaze from his pouches, he lowers his own lips to the grasses below, large hooves carrying him forward with slow strides as he gathers various flowers from those which grow here.

When he has enough, he figures he will show her how to make a chain of them, if she does not already know.

"Be careful not to take too many from the same plant," he warns, remembering some of what he had learned from Resplendence, Alysanne, and the other herbalists in the Edge and sharing, "or it won’t come back next year."

[ OOC: lol novel ]

Dragomir</style>
Credits
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

ranjiri

He says that he has a few secret places and I can't help but wonder if any of them are as beautiful as this one is. "I'd like to see them sometime." I murmured, but then I knew how Drago valued his privacy. "If you don't mind, I mean. This could be our secret place!" I laughed jokingly, but there was a part of me that was serious. I thought that it would be nice to have a place that I could go to and find Dragomir when I wanted him instead of having to look all over Helovia for him. He was certainly hard to find when he didn't want to be found, which I found could be frustrating.

I looked up at the treetops then down at the flowers, so vibrant and beautiful and thriving brilliantly in their peaceful little section of Helovia. I really did wish that I could stay in the little grove forever. "If that is what you wish." I heard Dragomir's voice and I turned back to him. "I really do wish we could." I said. "I've never felt this calm before... its really nice." And I suppose it helped that I was in the company of someone that I cared about a lot. "I wish that all of Helovia could be like this..." Wouldn't that be nice? Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone was peaceful and content and nothing bad ever happened? Everyone could live long, happy lives and when it was finally time to go it was old age that took them instead of murder or some other form of violence. It would be a perfect world. It would be a world that I still had my brother and my dad...

"Be careful not to take too many from the same plant or it won’t come back next year."

"Oh, okay." I had been prepared to pluck another one of the pretty pink flowers (because Drago just looked too cute with pink in his hair), but his warning made me skip over it. Instead I picked a purple flower, then a blue one, and a white daisy before I drifted back to Dragomir. I reached to tuck my flowers into his satchel. Rather than run off to another part of the grove to pick more flowers I decided to stay by Dragomir's side so I could tuck the flowers into his hair and the satchel whenever I decided to. "Do you know a lot about plants?" I asked as I lowered my head to pick a few more.

"."

ooc://
i'm sorry its not a novel like yours :c

Chan

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Bunnie
Nature is always beautiful, he would have answered if she’d asked if his other places were lovely, too – even the darkest, most desperate places in the realms of Loorien held their own mysterious grandeur. That this place is lovely and one which inspires happiness rather than a soul deep sorrow, that she seems to love it, all this is evident in what she does say, and it makes the paint smile happily; a smile which broadens as she jests, a small part in himself doing a back flip that makes him pause for the most split of seconds.

What was that? He thinks to himself, as he replies to the cheerful hybrid with whom he has been sharing so much of his time.

"As secret as such a place can be," he grins, the most like his youthful and vibrant self that he has ever been in Helovia, having at last founded a relationship of enough depth that he no longer spent all his time hiding behind blinds of shyness while in her company. While it surely still lingers, the child of the cast away King prone to awkwardness and social ineptitude (his childhood filled with himself, and his family, no other travels having graced his company), he feels an easiness about the winged mare that, when he really pauses to inspect it, surprises him.

The part of himself that had worried what Adalwulf will think has worn down in his time away, and while he seeks to honor his father’s teachings, he is not sure that being close to a hybrid violates them or not – and, further still, he wonders if he isn’t painting their relationship in a halo of white light, one that would slip away to strangle him if his dad ever found out what his son was up to.

"It takes shadow, to see the light," he says quietly, surveying the grove ahead of them and the serenity of the fields, feeling the wind pull its wild fingers through his mane and down his spine, "though it would be nice for there to always be such a peace to run to."

He is no optimist, our maker of things, no matter how kind and gentle his heart.

"It has always been pleasant here, however," adds the stallion in a warmer light, looking over to Ranjiri with a smile, his yellow and pink flowers wobbling in a way that makes him mildly self conscious and squinty, "maybe it always will be."

The conversation carries away as conversations do, leading into questions that bring back memories that are both wonderful in their warmth and clarity, but also overshadowed by the knowledge that he will never experience these things again. He thinks of Alysanne and Resplendence, and their tidy little garden, his furthest memories of plants bringing to mind a gray mare with bags (not unlike his own) who had been named Smoke.

He had never got to finish their glass for them, had he? It makes him even more sad, but he tries to keep the previous air of cheer available in his voice – all while his heart feels small fractures of loss lining it like a crackled glaze.

"Not a whole lot," he says with a slow and sad smile, an ear tilting back at a partial angle, "but I learned some while I lived in the Edge, mostly from Resplendence – that mare you met in the Threshold."

@Ranjiri

Dragomir</style>
Credits
Wishlist | Table Tracker