the Rift

[OPEN] Boil, Boil, Boil and Trouble

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

After the fight with the Wolf God and the short meeting with our Sultana and several others of the herd, well it had simply been to much for me. I had gone back to hiding. Then, these aweful boils began to appear.... You could say that my normally beautiful coat.... Well I was a hot mess. These boils are not just painful and almost constantly popping.... But they are also almost constantly leaking blood. I fear my coat will be forever marred if I don't find a way to heal them soon.

They had been my other reason to hide. I had already felt like an ugly ducking. Now the boils just made me feel all the worse. So I have avoided every place I thought anyone would be, until now. I finally just can't take it anymore. I need help before I go insane. I slowly, wincing with every movement make my way to the oasis. I long to rush into the waters and play and bathe.... But seeing as we also drink that water... No. I can not risk anyone else being infected. Instead I stay off to the side and just hope and pray to our patron God that someone who knows how to help me will find me. I just hope that those who do find me, do not also catch these awful boils too. I would feel horrible if I am cured, but infect the one who cures me. Please someone, be able to help me....

I can feel something rising within me. Some strange feeling, similar to when I call upon my fire ball magic. Was this what the God of the Spark had been referring too? Just off to the side of the oasis a storm was forming. Instead of moving away, I was drawn to it. Apparently I got a bit to close to it and one of the strikes of lightning zapped me! I squeal in fear as a scene appears before me... I began to look around, and at first it's like nothing happened. But as I move around the oasis, the lands look more and more like there is no one there. That's when I hear them. The snarls and growls that I remember so clearly from my foal hood. I snort as I can hear my mother's voice screaming for me to run. She was gone, that wouldn't be real. Unless, unless she's trying to protect me from something now. I look around as the snarling and growling grow closer. I can hear fighting. I hear a scream and instead of running away from it I run to it. CERA! I try to scream but nothing comes out. Instead the growling and snarling stop and... I find him but it's far to late.... He, along with several other faces I both knew and loved lay... motionless, upon the sands. No no no this can't be happening. I hear a scream, but I am not sure if it's from someone else or myself at this point. This can't be happening. I can't lose everyone I care about again..

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."
So Amani accidentally discovers her own magic

:: [ Magic: LightxSpark | Creates electrical storms that shows victim's worst fears ]
:: [ Restrictions | Lasts 30 seconds in battle and takes concentration ]

She will snap out of her worst fear in the next post.
Tagging @Random Event cause of BFB
@Ranjiri - cause Ali asked me to tag her

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  we've come this far, don't be scared now
'cause you can learn to fly on the way down
</style>

Too much time had passed since the last time I'd seen Amani and I felt the heavy weight of guilt on my shoulders because of it. She'd made sure that I'd gotten home, had supported my wing the entire trip back to the Throat and once we got there we kind of ... went our separate ways. I got busy doing other things, finding old friends, helping kill other gods, and hadn't really thought much about the quiet apostle until right then. I hadn't noticed her at any of the other fights, but then I hadn't been paying much attention to anything besides the god we were fighting.

So I made it my mission for the day to track down Amani and check on her to see how she was doing because I knew there was a chance she'd gotten the boils just like I had. I sincerely hoped she didn't because it was the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever suffered through. The only problem with trying to find someone in the Throat was that the Throat was huge and everyone always had some kind of assignment to keep them busy. Like me. I had a patrol I needed to go on and stuff I needed to help craft, but I put it all aside.

"Amani!" I shouted the other girl's name and listened to my voice as it echoed and died away. If she was anywhere nearby she had to have heard it. "Amaaaannniiiiiiiii!" As my echo was dying I heard a scream that made my blood run cold. I took off running, searching for the girl that I heard scream and I found her"Amani!" I shouted her name again because I didn't see anything around her that could make her scream like that. "What's wrong?!"

"."

ooc:// 
restrictions say it lasts 30 seconds in battle and you said she's gonna snap out of it in her next post, so i timed it that jiji's arrival is 30 seconds (or more) after her storm starts

Credits

@Amani

aud pixel!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Amani is cured of BFB!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

"Amani! Hearing my name seemed to snap me back out to reality One moment I had been zapped by what I can only assume is my own lightning storm... The next... Well I don't care to relive those images ever again. "What's wrong?!" It's only then I realize Ranjiri must of heard my scream. "I think I just discovered what the God of the Spark meant when he gave me new magic...." It was only then I realized, the boils were gone! The ache I had felt from them had seemed to just disappear. I stretch out my wings and flap them slightly, just barely enough to make the sand below me swirl. "Looks like by shocking myself however, the horrible boils I had are gone! Oh praise the Sun God! I'm cured!"

I wanted to dance, to take to the skies and twist and twirl like a ballerina. But I also knew I surely had responsibilities to take care of. I was still an apostle. I had duties that I had neglected in my sickness. I would take care of this soon. I stop focusing on me for a moment and turn back to my friend. The last time I had seen her, her wing had been badly mangled. "But how are you? How is your wing?" I look her over, my golden eyes filling with concern. I should of checked on her before now. "Did you end up with boils too? Have the other Gods returned in the same fashion as the God of the Spark?" I was dying for information, as technically it was part of my post. I was supposed to be able to tell stories, or our history.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@Ranjiri

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.