the Rift

Back again

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
Daemyn
The trees were just as thick as they had been when the stallion had left Helovia. The birds called out to each other longingly as their internal clocks clicked away the minutes. Beside him the black and brown dog stood tall and proud as he watched the tasty birds fluttering above them. Saliva filled the predator's mouth as a growl rumbled from his large throat. 'Hungry I hunt.' Daemyn smiled down at his almost full grown beast. 'Stick close though.' Another growl answered his request as the stallion stood in the small clearing. They had both grown more than he realized while they had traveled back to his first home. New, still pink, scars covered his body. Revenge was sweeter than he had ever expected it to be. The stupid king had fallen to his power, and his home had been restored. The bay had stuck around long enough to find a suitable ruler, someone that would take care of the herd with her power and grace. Yes, he had picked a mare to take over his old home. She was clever, gentle, yet firm, and powerful. Akilia would make sure everyone was well taken care of and protected.

The man shook the thoughts away as amethyst eyes watched the trees watching for the equines he knew would come. Someone was always haunting these woods searching for someone else to join their herd. A lazy smile crossed his face as the powerhouse cocked his rear right leg. Even though he felt stronger his abilities with mares was still horrible. Akilia had been different though, it had been easy to converse with her. Maybe it had been the purpose he had felt while following up on his hunch. Either way he still had a long with to go when it came to girls.

Thoughts of blood and gore crossed his brain causing him to build a barrier between him and the canine. He had done enough hunting for the dog when he was a pup. Somethings would never change with the male pair. Even so Mato was very different than he had been as a puppy. Instead of the sweet fun loving fuzz ball he had been, the male was grumpy and standoffish. Daemyn on the other had was almost exactly the same as he had been, besides the fact he felt bolder. Turning back to his thoughts the stallion wondered how the beautiful Nayati was doing. His heart flipped as he thought of her stunning white and scarlet speckled pelt. Sighing heavily he tucked the thoughts away for later. He would find her one day and try to tell her how he felt. Right now he had to find a family to protect. Taking a deep breath as the black adn brown crept from the trees he called out announcing he was there and ready to come home.
----------
Words/Tags;; 478
Notes;; Anyone is welcome <3
Image // Coding
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

Tallsun light in its sovereign season filters haphazardly through the breeze-tousled canopy arched overhead to dance in dappled geometry across the forest floor. A few shafts, undisturbed, sparkle with dust motes as they shear through the bush, contouring Imonada's lean figure in bright highlights and deep shadows; her Arabesque ancestry translucent, displayed in fine sloped ridges and articulate symmetry. It's there in her sleek neck, too, as it easily stretches to accommodate her foraging amongst the low-laying thicket. Large, loose-petaled flowers in varying shades of canary yellow are being snatched up methodically with clean nips at their stems, each colorful head disappearing quickly into her mouth. Not normally one for mindless grazing, the little blossoms provide her an extra treat in addition to their savory syrupy nectar; a heady astir buzz not unlike one gifted by caffeine. For an addict such as this small flightless pegasus, who wasn't merely drawn to particular effects but also the promise of alteration to her sensitive perceptions, she took her game just about anywhere.

About ready to devour another hapless bloom, a faint growl abruptly stops her instead. Instantly, tension tightens her muscles across the board, her relaxation swirling down the drain as it is milked away by apprehension. Jerking her head up toward the direction of the sound, ears forward and straining, acuity silencing the joyous twinkle of wind and the serenading birdsong, the area falls victim to her nimble survey -- but through the palisade of the trees, she only catches a glimpse of thick flaxen hair set in lazy waves, complimented by a swatch of sunkissed hide splattered with droplets of white like paint flecked from a brush, before the stallion calls out and announces himself with movement to match.

She stays back within the shelter of knitted copse to gauge the situation at first, blatantly eyeing his sturdy form in an informative pursuit -- with, perhaps, a bit of appreciation for his size and exceptional build, a fine embodiment of masculinity she could not help but admire. His dark companion, too, is duly and respectfully noted as she cherry-picks the preferable options of reaction off the conveyor of ideas, before forging ahead with a decision. A soft, ghostly nicker wafts through the heavy summer air, greeting Daemyn as Imonada finally reveals herself to him; a black mare, long wings primed to flex out in customary heralding, her tender expression full of curiosity and wariness.

@Daemyn
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

They stood silently among the trees waiting eagerly for a Helovian to meet them. Daemyn knew he needed to go back to the Hidden Falls, find his leaders and explain why he had left. Not to mention the beefy stallion had to ask for forgiveness, beg that they understand the position he had been in. There just wasn't anyway he could leave his old herd to such a young prick. Mato woofed softly drawing the speckled bay back to his surroundings. 'Is another.' Ears swiveled until he picked up the sound of another lurking not to far away.

Instead of panicking the stallion merely shifted his weight to all four hooves waiting for whatever this new person was going to do. To his great surprise amethyst eyes caught sight of a tiny jet black mare stepped from the shadows. 'No wonder I couldn't see her Mato.' The dog nodded once hazel eyes glued on the mare. There was mistrust in the fuzzy hound's face and eyes as he surveyed the puny mare. Daemyn carefully instructed the beast not to attack her for no reason. He snarled for a moment his shinny white teeth flashing in the sun.

As he braced to speak he felt the familiar tingle of unease and embarrassment taking hold of his heart. Swallowing the lump in his throat the stallion let his gravely voice ring out, "Hello Miss, please rest easy, we mean no ill harm. My name is Daemyn and this," he paused to nod down at the black and tan, "Is Mato." He smiled softly as he gazed down at her tiny frame. He wondered how old she really was as purple eyes gazed quickly over her body. She did not hold the air of a foal, but more of grace and etched beauty of a full grown mare. He smiled softly and dipped his head respectfully. He knew he should say more, but was unable to speak in front of the pretty ebony mare. Instead he stood in silence cocking his rear right once more. Mato on the other hand had his fuzzy mane standing erect upon his neck. Dropping his large head the dog crept forward slowly nose quivering drawing in her scent. 'Falls.' The dog halted and sat between the two eyes never leaving the newcomer.
------
Talking
Words; 387
Notes/Tags; SO LATE! @Imonada

I'll bet the ladies love a man in armor
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Byrneve

Instinctively, Imonada's long, velvety ears, dark and fuzzy, swivel backward and lay prone against her poll when Mato sneers at her, but her expression remains fixed. She considers pacing over to the canine and offering her snout to sniff as a peace-offering, but even as a small horse she worried her approach would be interpreted as aggression, so she opts instead for displaying good will and welcoming to ease everyone. 

Somewhat humble but endlessly patient, she allows Daemyn to soak her in from that polite distance she characteristically maintains with acquaintances, graciously and quietly accepting appraisals, adopting a bit of a prim and demure positioning; feet paired and mirroring one another, her posture straight and just shy of military, with her tail lifted and tilted to allow the black silkstream of thick hair to flutter like ribbons around her lean legs. Those fabulous wings of her neatly folded away and stored at her sides like cherished treasures, uneven. A fit figure she cuts, attempting to convey reception and approachability through sloe-eyed aesthetics. 

Unbeknownst to him, it was a result of carefully calculated reasoning, for the ideal effect. 

""Tis quite alright, sir." As if to emphasize, her lips curl at the corners delightfully in a friendly, toothy smile that bares pearly caps all in a neat row. With Cobra coursing hot through her veins, she felt in control. On top of the world. Feeling, sensing everything, from the way her own breath ghosted warm out her nose, to the heat of the sun laid across her backside and felt by every centimeter stretch of highly sensitive skin, to the fine distinction between the legitimate canticle of a ocher orchard oriole and that of the answering counterfeit of a mockingbird, to the way the ground was exceptionally soft and yielding beneath her hooves. A collage of infinite awareness filtered through content. 

"My name is Imonada. I work under Knox at the Hidden Falls." She relied heavily on intuition; in this case, being reticent felt pointless, if not counterproductive. What was the purpose of hoarding secrets and information if it was never to be employed? Besides, her allegiance and role weren't classified. "It is nice to meet you, Daemyn. And you, too, Mato. Tell me, do you two have a place to stay? The Threshold is not for camping."

Portrait template base by Wild-Hearts

*Sorry for delay, too! Had a busy week~

@Daemyn
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Amethyst eyes watched the short mare carefully as she stood erect and proper. Was she a warrior of some sort? He wondered how such a small framed Pegasus could hold that kind of position. Surely she held some other kind of place within the Falls. Curious calm gaze drifted to try and meet her's; even her eyes were black as coal. Mato sat between them allowing his ruff to slowly lay flat along his back. He still wasn't excited to be back among other equines, but this one didn't seem to mean any harm.

Hazel eyes watched the mare as his head tilted slightly to the right. 'She seems good enough, and I'm sure she will agree to bring us back to our family.' His thoughts were calm and relaxed as he tired to ease the tension in the large dog. Her words were warm and calm as she drew him back to her. "He isn't really used to being around others." He returned her bright smile happily. His own stunning alabaster teeth flashing in the sun light.

His light bay and white speckled pelt warmed by bright Tallsun sun. He smiled calmly down at the mare. She seemed just as content as he did, just to stand there. Alas, the introductions were not over as she continued. He knew how recruiting in the Threshold worked, and he was fine with every word she had to offer. He smiled once more as she once more agreed that she was from the Hidden Falls. He nodded although he had no idea who Knox was. "It's a pleasure Imonada." He could feel his nerves rising as he spoke in his bass pitched voice.

Purple eyes turned to his hound for support. Mato stood and walked calmly back to his bonded and leaned upon his sturdy legs. If it wasn't for Mato Daemyn might not have been able to carry on. "We once lived in the Hidden Falls, under Kaj and Archibald. We would be happy if we could return to our home." Taking a deep breath he turned his gaze back to the mare hope simmering in his heart.
------
Talking
Words; 354
Notes/Tags; SO LATE! @Imonada

I'll bet the ladies love a man in armor
Please tag Daemyn!

Byrneve

Her carefully crafted image breaks apart gradually as she relaxes, becoming sincerely personable; the growing ease inside reflecting back upon her worldly surface, her dusky eyes scanning the violet pools of his own. Such lovely eyes... "Well, then I will respect his boundaries," she supplies, with a slight dip of her narrow chin. The furtive exchange between the stallion and his companion elicits a nearly imperceptible tilt of her head as she watches with quiet, sparkling interest. It concerns her, as paranoid as she is sometimes, and she quickly prepares herself for a bomb to be dropped -- but all he does is tell her that Hidden Falls was his home, too, albeit a tad shyly. She lets loose breath she did not even know she was holding and her face brightens in response to his admission. "Good! We can all head back together." Her normally casual, smokey voice has taken on an airy and clarion measure of delight; she enjoyed others and their company, even if for the wrong reasons sometimes.

"I won't lie; I am new to Helovia. Well newish. I was chased out my home last winter and wound up here in Birdsong. Brisa took me in, do you know her? Very kind, very white." She angles away and motions back where she had come in a clear suggestion, framed in the natural archway of two gnarled beech trees paired together and liberally draped with a pelt of glossy vines. "Come on, both of you." Scaly clouds in the pale periwinkle sky creep over the sun with a tepid stream of wind, bringing the day's heat to heel. It will be a nice, cozy evening for their upcoming journey. Pleased with the knowledge, her encouragement lacks true urgency. 

"I want to grab flowers for someone, at some point. What brings you back to this land, if you don't mind me asking?"

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Daemyn

*Welcome post will be up in a bit in HF!
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh