the Rift

[OPEN] We are the warriors that built this town [Patrol]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

The sun was just breaking above the horizon, but Alanna and I were already awake. This season of TallSun, I was one of the warriors charged with patrolling here at home. I have to admit I have been slacking in the last few seasons. This season, that was going to change. I could feel Alanna agreeing with me in my mind. Chev had been absent since out meeting on the edge of the Falls, but I knew how she was. I worry for her, and will be glad when she settled down more but till then I was not going to push her into anything.

This was the time that I would throw myself into herd life. I had to. It would keep me sane. The drive to create a family was growing stronger, but I was not going to do so with just anyone. I wanted Chev and only Chev. That was if she would have me.

With a nip to my heels Alanna dragged my mind away from my thoughts and back to the task at hand. Patrolling the edge of the herd. I let loose a call for my patrol partner, Ciceron. I did not know much about him, but I guess today was as good as any to find out. We made our way to the borderline, starting up in the east with the rising sun to our backs and heading for the west. I moved at a steady trot, listening as I moved. Alanna moved about, going between trailing behind me to dashing and scouting ahead and even checking out to my sides.

"Talking"

Aaron

@Ciceron - patrol thread

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Lifting his massive head towards the sky the grey warrior stands watching the land around him as if he imagined something was going to just pop up and arouse his interest. It had been another sleepless night with all the unanswered questions bashing around within his skull leaving no room to hit the off switch. It had been difficult over the last few weeks (maybe more) and so far there was no brightness blooming upon the horizon to signal the end to this eternal nightmare otherwise known as life. Things had been so simple before as it was just him and his mate and their two children but now all that was left was an empty hole where his heart was supposed to reside. No reasons had been given or explained making him doubt himself even more than he already did thanks to the rotting corpse otherwise known as his father. Each time the grey looked upon himself he couldn't help but see the bastard staring back at him with those harsh eyes and scarred skin. Everything he had believed when he was only a child had long ago been shattered revealing the horrendous truth of what lay in his past. Before he could recall a happy family that was always there for each other but now all he could see is the darkness and corruption that had been there the entire time. Having realized his own potential darkness left to him by his father every action made now terrified him thinking that it could be just one wrong step before he spiraled down into the darkness.

Unable to cope with all that presented itself the stallion found that it was easier to just focus on his duties while trying to ignore the pain. Moving out well before dawn the unusual pair of equine and tigress headed out to meet with their partners hoping to get this done in a reasonable amount of time. Spotting the splotched figure from afar he looked back to find the welcoming blues of Kiara eager to get started before the heat of the day set in. Easing the tension within his shoulders ever so slightly his silver gaze returned to that of Aaron and his own companion before continuing in silence both just enjoying each other's presence. Nickering softly as they approached the pair he let his head dip down in a formal greeting before pausing to scan over the surrounding hillside.
"You must be Aaron." He commented questioning his assumption for he had never met the duo personally before now. He had seen them in passing and at meetings but up until now their paths had never crossed thanks to their latest assignments from Ktulu. The brute actually enjoyed meeting new herd mates and hearing their stories for it meant that not only was the herd growing but it was starting to thrive in the newest light. "I am Ciceron and this here is Kiara."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Aaron •• NOTES: Thanks for getting this started <3 ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Another pair descended down, catching up to us. "You must be Aaron." I merely nod in confirmation as Alanna pulls in and falls to my side. Her icy blue eyes looking to the tigress and her unicorn bonded. It's not that we look down on either of them, it's just.... Well the pair of us have been though so many herd mates just since our bond began... I had been through even more since my life began roughly six years ago. From the shades of Anarore, to when the lights went out in Helovia... and the wraiths. I flinch ever so slightly. Yes, I had been through much and much of it had been with Alanna ever loyally at my side. Always. She speaks smoothly though our bond.

It's only Ciceron's words that bring me back to our current situation. Not much time had passed thankfully with my slight daydreaming. "I am Ciceron and this here is Kiara." "Indeed I am Aaron and this is Alanna." Alanna yips softly in a greeting before dashing forward to patrol ahead of us. "She rather enjoys the patrols, gives her a chance to really stretch her legs out and run around, as well as use her sense of smell of something other than hunting." I snort, just short of laughing. Only Cheveyo could ever get me to really laugh unless Alanna was just being a down right fool. Don't get any ideas. Now is not the time. I speak quickly before the hellhound can try anything. I know. I roll my eyes. Smartass. I say simply.

Quickly I try to pull myself out of our internal conversation to include the two we were patrolling with. "So, how long have you lived in the Falls?" Hey, might as well get to know him while we walk. The more we know about our family, the better we can protect... Right?

"Talking"

Aaron

@Ciceron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Bowing his head in a formal greeting the grey forces himself to beat away the constant barrage of questions battering his brain. Too much had changed but sadly there was nothing more he could do about it but even knowing that he just couldn't seem to let it go. Before arriving here in Helovia stupid problems such as this would never have bothered him this much. It was simple, just talk it over and forget that it had ever happened in the first place. The possibility of this happening was slim for all those other times his heart had never been in the equation. Whether it had been juvenile ignorance, lack of interest, or something else entirely no one had ever provoked this amount of attachment. Parelia had single handedly taken his heart, played with it and then ripped it from his chest with no explanation, no common courtesy, no nothing. Fine if she didn't want to be near him she could disappear and go find someone else's life to destroy. Anger had ignited the flame yet the reality would never be fully accepted slowly snuffing out the fire.

"Sometimes Kiara will enjoy patrols and other times she will be dragging her heels in defiance." He commented chuckling softly as his companion turned to glare at him for a second before padding off in front up near the crazy dog thing. I blame you if it eats me just so you know. Shaking his head with a laugh he so loved how easy it was to joke around with his bonded for she knew how his mind tended to work ninety percent of the time. Now if only he could manage to figure that out he would be doing alright.

Cocking an ear as his newest patrol buddy spoke again this time about the herd he had to think about how long he had actually been here. If he could recall it had been Apollo leading the herd back then but instead of being the Hidden Falls it had been known as the Windtossed Foothills.
"Quite awhile now that I think about it. Back then things had been much different compared to how they are now, this place was known as the Foothills back then." He replied glancing over to Aaron trying to see if he remembered him from back then, if he had even been here at all. There had been so many members that had come and gone during the last few seasons it was near impossible to remember who all had been there. "Have you guy's been here long?"

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Aaron •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

"Sometimes Kiara will enjoy patrols and other times she will be dragging her heels in defiance." I nod at his words, understanding fully. Alanna had been that way in the beginning, as a pup. But seeing the murder of my dam had changed things. "Alanna used to be the same way, but life has a way of changing things. Now, she looks forward to them almost as much as I do. Almost takes pride in making sure everyone is safe." About that time the hellhound slips back to my side. Her icy blue eyes looking to my amber brown. All clear ahead. Want me to make sure nothing is slipping in behind? I snort softly and shake my head. Go back up front with Kiara. She moves off, hopefully doing as I asked.

As he spoke of being here when it was called the Foothills, I nodded. "I've lived in Helovia since I was a yearling. Several of us all came from a land called Isilme. When it became, inhabitable we fled and ended up here in Helovia. Back then the Foothills was under the leadership of Gossamer the Benevolent and Indy the Righteous. Paladin the Valiant challenged Gossamer for the position and won. It was as a young warrior under his rule that we assisted the Qian in taking over the Edge." I paused for a moment. "I moved to the Edge after that, as my dam and I were part of the Qian. But I returned a short while later and took over as Mason. That is, till the Grey invaded." Mentally, Alanna growled. She had been just a pup then too. Mirage had told the Qian to stand down, since the Grey was assisted by Dragon's Throat. It had killed me then to watch my home be attacked and do nothing. But later on I understood. Herd politics. They would always come first. Now to be back here after invading... Well it almost felt right. There was just one face missing, one that I longed to have and keep by my side.

"Talking"

Aaron

@Ciceron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Listening as the stallion told his story he was able to link some of the information to what he had picked up along the way about the land's history. Personally he did not know much about the Qian or the Grey but he had heard much about them. It was amazing how much a single place could change over only a handful of seasons. It literally felt like an eternity had passed since he had arrived here alone and not knowing a damn thing about himself. Somehow over the time he had managed to father two beautiful children, meet the love of his life and lose them in one single step. Things moved so fast that sometimes you wish that you could hit rewind just to fix the things you missed out on. Sadly there was no stop, no pause, no rewind it was just play or at times fast forward. If he had imagined how he would have been it would be anything but where he found himself today. His life back then had been based on lies so it was no wonder that everything had blown up in his face.

"Things change so rapidly sometimes that it is hard to keep up with it all. When I arrived it was Apollo and Phaedra that had leadership over the hills. So much has changed since then." He commented looking up to see where Kiara had gotten to. She had to be in front of them somewhere prowling around for anything of concern, or at least that's what he assumed. It was next to impossible to find a tiger in the long grass so he had given up trying long ago, if he really needed to find her all he needed to do was ask. "Kiara still likes doing the runs with me but she is still young and easily distracted by various things." He commented chuckling as he remembered her recent encounter with a salmon. It had turned out great for the fish for she had never been expecting it to jump over her and proceed to let itself fall over the waterfall. Next time would be different as it wasn't often that she forgot about these sort of things.

Walking along the grey was actually starting to enjoy the pleasant no stress conversation. There was no talk about Parelia helping to keep his mind in the right mindset for the first time in weeks.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Aaron
•• NOTES: ---

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo