the Rift

A man on a mission, changing the vision [Aaron vs Parelia - Spar]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
 i lit a fire that wouldn't go out.</style>

TallSun had begun, and with it of course brought the task of sparring with those of the herd. I sigh with slight aggravation. I wanted to spar against the higher ups, like Kaj, Archibald or Ktulu. But no. For the second time I was put against one of the Masons. Parelia was her name, and I had gone against her before. I had not been focused or really ready to face her up on the heavenly field. So this time, I was choosing the place. Here, home. After all, if we were training to protect the Falls, why not spar right here so we would know the land better than those attacking?

Alanna moves at my side as we leave out of our sleeping place. My body is tense. I am ready to really go for it this time. No I won't be using all my hidden magic on the mare. After all, we are still family of sorts. But I won't be holding back this time either. The sun is steadily climbing in the sky as we draw to a halt. The falls are just to our north, the sound of the rushing waters loud. Alanna used her keen sense of hearing to listen out for anyone coming towards us. I did not want to be caught off guard.

Alert me of anything sound you hear. They could come from anywhere. I speak calmly into my bond's mind. She nods and begins to move about, listening and watching. Parelia would have the advantage this time, and I kind of like it that way. Made it more of a challenge for me to win. I would need the practice, and so would she if the time ever came. I just hope for the non-warriors sakes it would not. I have seen to much bloodshed in my few years between both Isilme and Helovia however to remain naive.

talk

Set in Hidden Falls at daybreak. Seasonal Spar
Intro post
Word Count - 317

image credits

@Parelia

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
Parelia & Penna

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired || Robert Frost
Since Tallsun was upon them once more she knew that meant it was time for another spar. The cream and white dove had been pared with Aaron again, it wasn't a problem for the former warrior. Parelia did not care who she was to spar or patrol with, and Aaron seemed like a good enough man. Honey eyes flashed mischievously as she pranced gleefully towards the place he had chosen. Penna whirled above sharp eyes upon the larger stallion and his hound. The winged mare's mind wonders slightly as she calmly makes her way towards the stallion. Even though she was a crafter now it was hard for the mare not to long to feel her blood pounding through her veins. A thought wondered through her mind and she turned to gaze up at her falcon. 'Penna, do you think the warriors feel like they are being punished for sparing with me? They don't all know I was a warrior at one time.' He thought on the matter for a moment before answering her troubled mind with kind thoughts. 'They might. Explain after the fight?" His speech was still childish, but she knew what he meant and the notion set her at ease once more.

If it played out as she hoped this stallion would receive a good ass kicking. If he was nice, win or lose, she would explain how she had come upon the skills of a fighter. She smirked as excitement filled her heart. How good would it feel to win this spar, to show him not everyone without the warrior title was weak. Penna fed off of her energy allowing his own adrenaline to boil. 'Close now.' Answering his words she paused to whinny as loud as her voice would manage. What good would it do to sneak up on her family member, especially since he had a hound at his side.

It didn't take long before she was upon him honey eyes quickly roving over the battle field. The sun was just rising and the area looked clear of any major obstacles, making for good footing. She turned to look at him curiously, taking in both of their weaknesses. He clearly looked stronger, and faster than herself. The girl smiled and dipped her head in mild respect for him. "Hello Aaron, please feel free to start." She smirked as her long cream and teal tail whipped at her hips as she braced for his attack.
Speech
Words; 410
Tags; @Aaron
OOC; Good luck! <3 Magic and compaions are okay with me!
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Well it wasn't exactly what I had planned on. Instead of coming in and attacking me straight off, she allows me to attack first. What the hell? Maybe I don't want to attack first. Maybe I wanted the adrenalin rush of having mere moments to react. I snort and roll my eyes. She may of beat me last time, but only because I was distracted. This time, would be very different. I wasn't holding back today. Don't go crazy. Alanna speaks into my mind. I won't, but I won't let my leaders or anyone else think I'm a pushover either. Maybe that's why they keep pairing me with her. Time to prove them that I am stronger than they all give me credit for.

When she speaks and tells me to start I snort and nod. My eyes darken as I focus on my magic. A few seconds of pain might make her realize I wasn't going to play around this time. My bonded whines but I ignore her. If she wants to play with the warriors and help us grow stronger, she has to be willing for this to happen. As soon as I can feel the magic reaching out to her, I charge forward. Alanna moves at my side, her icy blue eyes set on the bird.

My body moves at the smooth canter to close the gap between us. My neck stretches out to the left as I move to her right. My jaw opens as I try to grab hold of her neck. I probably should of gone for her wing, but then again I wasn't trying to completely harm her. Just, make her realize I wasn't as inexperienced as she may think. Alanna on the other hand had veered off to the left as I went right. She was circling around to attack the bird or his bonded, while at the same time positioned to jump to my own defense at the same time

"Talking"

Summary - Uses one of his fire magics and charges with Alanna at Parelia head on. Aaron moves to the right while Alanna goes left. Aaron tries to bite Parelia on her left side of her neck as he moves past. Alanna waits behind her to jump to protect Aaron if needed
Word Count - 329
1/3

Magic used - :: [ Magic: FirexLight | can set his enemy on fire with non-burning flames, but the pain will be the same as with real fire ]
:: [ Restrictions | Will cause the same amount of pain as if they were truly burning. Can be used once during battle and will last for the duration of 20 seconds ]

Aaron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
Parelia & Penna

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired || Robert Frost
Bright honey eyes watched the stallion closely picking up a slight flicker of anger. Was he mad at her? Mad because he had been pitted against the Mason once more? A snort ripped form her delicate muzzle as her right front leg pawed at the ground. Sure her cream and white hide was covered in boils, but she didn't care right now. Anger pulsed through her lithe frame burying the pain from the blisters. Pretty features twisted to that of determination and mild indignation. How dare he underestimate her fighting prowess. Sure she wasn't as highly known as Ktulu or Archibald, but she could fight well enough. He had no right to look down at her just because he didn't know of her past. Were the scars upon her frame not enough proof? 'Guess I'll have to try and teach him a lesson.' Penna screeched as he circled over head.

It didn't take long before the stallion started the spar. A whine from his hound alerts the mare instantly something is about to happen. Penna  screeches as pain races through their bond. Flames lick over her hide and pain forces a scream from her lunges. A grim thought enters her mind for a moment, 'So this is what burning feels like. She screams again and bucks out trying to fight the flames covering her pelt. The agony stirs the lady's own magic; lifting it's own burning head. Within twenty seconds the pain fizzles out. Now her eyes clear and she sees Aaron reaching her to late. Teeth grip her neck, once more pain screams through her body.

Ripping her body to the left she bucks out hoping to catch his jaw or chest as he races past. Penna's sharp eyes see that Parelia's hide bares no marks from the flames that had blanketed her body. Only sweat and aching muscles remain from the attack. Blood drips down her neck. 'So he wants to play rough, huh?' Blue flames erupt over her body as she turns to charge after him. Fighting fire with fire, isn't that how that old adage went? She tries to run straight into him, trying to catch his large body on fire. Penna dives for the hound claws out stretched trying to cut her head, and keep her distracted.

Speech
Words; 382
Tags; @Aaron
OOC; 1/3 attacks She feels the full affect if his magic and it wears off just as he reaches her and bites her neck drawing blood out. She rips away to the left and bucks at his face hoping to hit his jaw, or anything she can. Then she turns her fire on trying to burn his side or ass depending on how he is standing/running. Penna dives for Alanna trying to cut her head and keep her occupied
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

It was not until I got closer, that I had noticed the boils that covered her body. I knew for a fact, that my magic did not cause these. I only had the power to make her think she was on fire. It left no mark. My teeth connect with her neck, but what had only been intended to cause a bit of pain actually drew blood. That was my bad. Take it easy. Alanna had yet to make an attack, and I could feel her reluctance to do so now that we had seen the boils.

I don't have long to regret using my magic or making her bleed as before I can get by she kicks out with her hind legs. Her hooves connect with my left shoulder, and I wince in pain. That, was most certainly going to leave a mark. If I was lucky, only the muscles with be bruised. I had moved past her a good amount, and was about to turn around when Alanna calls through our bond. Watch out! I turn around quickly, the muscles in my hind quarters tensing to face the Mason again, only to see she is now on fire and running straight for me. I decided to take evasive action. Alanna's quick warning allowed me to get turned around with enough time to dodge over to the left and hopefully out of the Mason's reach. The heat from the blue flames was surprising. I guess she decided to go full out.

But in warning me of her attack, it distracted Alanna from the bird. I can only watch as I run from Parelia, with not even enough time to warn her as the falcon descends on top of her with it's claws out. She sees me watching and looks up and ducks her head down just in time, instead taking the attack to the back of her head and top of her neck. She whines in pain, and is now forced to join in on the spar. I don't know if the bird drew blood, for her sake I hope not. I can feel her calling upon her own magic, and seconds later she howls seeking to drain the energy right out of the Falcon and keep him on her instead of me. Obviously I was going to have my hooves full.

"Talking"

Summary - Aaron moves on past Parelia, taking her kick to his left shoulder as she moves left. Alanna warns him of her chasing after him, he turns seeing her on fire and he tries to get out of her way be dodging to the left. Alanna is distracted by watching Aaron and barely notices Penna in time to duck her head down and takes the claws to the back of her head and top of her neck. With Penna so close, Alanna uses her ability and tries to drain his energy
Word Count - 393
2/3

» Energy Drain: howls cause those in the immediate vicinity to be overcome with weariness

Aaron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Parelia defaults to Aaron. Aaron earns 0.5 VP.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode