the Rift

[OPEN] come one, come all! [world's edge recruiting thread]

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
The lady of silky, fine hair looked like she shouldn't even be standing. Pure stubbornness caused her to remain firmly on her hooves. She would not show weakness, she refused to brought down to the dirty ground. Still, that didn't stop her from looking like hell. Nuray, the mare whom always kept herself looking prim and proper, looked completely hideous. Perhaps that was an exaggeration, but it was what the maiden thought when she saw her reflected. Bubbling boils caused blood to trail her sides as the sun left burns on her pale, exposed skin. From the battle some of her hair was singed when electricity brushed her already pained side.

Surely the maiden should be resting and not standing beside her fellow herdmate, Glasgow. She should be recovering for her trip home. But there she stood, advocating the World's Edge in the name of the Moon Goddess. Mauja had offered those whom had come a spot in their herd and Nuray wished to keep this fresh in everyone's mind. "For those seeking asylum the Moon will gladly embrace you! All are welcome in the World's Edge!"

Her own voice caused her to wince. Since the beast had been felled her head had begun to ache. By no means was it intense, but it was a nuisance and weighed down her already damaged body. Temporarily her mind wandered to the boils and the black ooze that was coming from some's lungs. Nuray could only expect that, in keeping true to the sequence, that a terrible disease would follow the gain of this land. Perhaps she was wrong. After all, it was just a little headache. Since when had she turned into a hypochondriac?

"If you wish to tour our lands you are free to do so! Anyone of our members is willing to show you are humble abode." Well, okay. She didn't know if all of the members were willing but she still grouped them all together. If she heard anyone complain they would have to face her wrath. "You do not have to stay after your tour as we do not wish to restrict your recent found freedom but know that the World's Edge will happily offer shelter."

"Talk?"

mentions @Glasgow
ooc ANYONE WHO WISHES TO JOIN THE WORLD'S EDGE SHOULD REPLY TO THIS THREAD
image credits

@Random Event - BFB (possibly? was shocked in the last swp thread) & HFH - beginning to form a headache. no other symptoms are showing as of yet.

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Seren
interstellar
Wandering had been the style she had; she'd lost the armour the god had given her but it was of no consequence to her. Seren was an aimless, nomadic mare without a place in the world. It had been silent to her for far too long, but she walked without hesitation now. She had become accustomed to the vision she had lost, only able to see out through one eye – but every now and then, she tripped up, fell, her balance changing abruptly.

She had heard that they were here though; more of the Rift. She had seen the other places now, despite the darkness that greeted her out of the one eye that shone bright, but saw nothing – the pupil had now become clouded, and Seren knew it would never see again.

Another scar to her collection.

She was wandering the Flats when she heard the voice. She did not hear it all, but enough to hear the words shelter, and what sounded like home. Her head lifted, ears rising, and she found herself moving towards the speaker.

There had been a little more curiosity in Seren of late, but it did not take much to send the frightened little girl running back to her shell, burying her head in the sand although nothing could reach her there.

So here she stands, coming to the glowing gold horned one, with such a slight frame – but she comes to her none the less.

There had been a short time pass since these words had been spoken by the stranger, and so it was in a meek little voice that Seren says, “Does this offer still stand? I seek somewhere... I don't know what I look for but I want to find out...” she says, her voice quiet, shy. She seems awkward there, standing looking at the unicorn before her.

What had she just walked in to, Seren suddenly seems to think, and her gaze drops, anxiety rising in her throat.

@Nuray

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark

I stayed entirely on the sidelines during the battle. I didn’t even make an appearance. A body this frail with that giant lizard didn’t stand a chance. I would’ve been dead before I knew it, if I had to be entirely honest. So when everything died down and seemed to be up in flames, mothers were dying, others were getting sick, I didn’t even know where to begin. My diplomatic skills didn’t send me into this knowing how to handle it. Though as I made my way through the turmoil that was beginning to subside, I watched the beings around me handle how they fought within the battle. It looked pretty good from my vantage point, but I wasn’t about to say anything about how they fought.

Yet, as sickening as it sounds, I felt more at home in Helovia than I had ever been before. There were so many faces around me that were burned or scratched up. Suddenly I didn’t feel so frightened of showing my face anymore. Glassy eyes watched as I spotted a member from my herd, the silk mare looking worse for wear. I had seen her before but unfortunately my memory failed me in knowing her name. I made my way through the crowd to stand by her side, watching her for mere moments as her voice spread out across the land.

It was in my nature, now, to say nothing. My voice was rugged and hardly used, cracking in many places. But I offered a nod of hello to Nuray before nodding along with what she was saying. If there were any looking for solace in the Edge, they would be glad to take them back home with them.

Seconds passed and then minutes passed, people were walking right by us without paying much attention to us. My eyes danced around for a few moments before I wandered away from Nuray for a few moments, trying to scout out anyone that may be in need of a place for healing until a shimmering mare walked our way. She walked straight up to Nuray and I figured I needed to make my way back. I made it back just in time before she spoke so I was lucky enough to hear the question the curious mare held.

Does this offer still stand? I seek somewhere… I don’t know what I look for but I want to find out…

Her voice was gentle if not a bit shy and shakey, but I did my best to offer her a small smile – the scars on my lips moving with the movement, not painful, but still red and darkened with scarring. Glassy eyes turned to Nuray for a moment before I dipped my head.  “Hello, I am Glasglow. I also hail from the Edge and the offer still stands if you seek a place to call home. The World’s Edge is a wonderful land of beauty but still withholds its mystery. You’re more than welcome to join us to take a tour if you would like?” My voice was calm with a bit of excitement. I ended up rambling causing my words to take forever to escape my lungs as I paused to keep my voice from cracking now and then – even though it failed. A flash of embarrassment covered my glassy blue eyes before I turned my head away from the mare questioning the lands. Turning my scarred face to Nuray I wished she would speak so the attention wasn’t completely stuck on me.

'We've lost it all, I'm just a silhouette.
I'm a lifeless face you'll soon forget.'
IMAGE CREDITS

@Nuray @Seren