the Rift

[OPEN] I'm a Barbie Girl

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Oh my sugar coated god what is that? What candy-less hell is this?

I haven’t seen grass since… since… forever. And here I am, minding my own business, and not bothering anyone when I wake up and walk out of my cozy little cave looking for some hot company and finding grass instead. Actual, stinkin’ grass.

Where is my winter wonderland? Where is the protection of the snow? I haven’t left the Basin basically since I got here but now it’s official. I am never leaving. Not until the snow falls again. I’m not going to risk melting. My herd mates are just going to have to deal with me here but hey, maybe I’ll get closer to them. It’ll still probably (hopefully) be cold enough on the evenings to make cuddling a worthwhile endeavour…

But for now it’s almost warm and it is positively revolting. I think… oh sweet muffin-man I think I hear the flies stirring. And I just know who they are going to go after.

Me.

In an effort to distract myself I stand for a moment on the threshold of my cave, debating whether I should just go back inside and sleep until it is cold again. Like, you guys know me - I’m cheerful, I’m a fun guy. I’m basically the best thing to have happened to this entire herd and I know everyone knows it. But throw a little bit too much sunshine my way and just… no.

This day has been ruined.

I sit down, without so much as a sliver of grace, in the mouth of the cave because I still can’t decide what I want to do. A little cloud of powdered sugar rises around me with the impact that my ass has on the rock. Do I want to just curl up and mope for the rest of the day? Do I want to find some company to cheer me up? Company always helps, always, but the sight of all that… green just makes me want to throw up. You know, if I could throw up.

I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

for @Rexanna and any!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

A whirl of dust suddenly gets the pale raven's attention and he ruffles his feathers at the soft clanking of the broken beads, stone fragments and half-trinkets dangling in the rounded mouth of Tangere's cave. Tangere pays it no attention until the particulates of sweetened dust get stuck in her mottled nostrils. What the fuck? She pokes her head from the cave, her crudely strung curtain parting over her bone-white face. Her brown eyes settle on Phrixus, Don't know. His communications ring quietly amongst her thoughts. She slips out into the morning sun completely, a breeze keeping the flies at bay. They do not like to battle a chilly wind and land on cold wet rocks, and both are ever present in her northern cavern. Hers is set aside from most others, only a few peaceful neighbors dot her immediate east and west, the rest are more southern.

Why is there sugar on the wind? She sniffs futilely at the stream of air brushing through. There is no more, but the wind comes from the east today. Why not follow it? She glances to her companion and he nods, taking wing and soaring above and ahead. The silver mare looks to each side of her and then ahead, she does this down the rocky pathway and into the sunlight that spread across the Basin's valley, very slightly touching it's mountain backdrop. By mid-morning it will light up the entire domain, warming it and coaxing the blooms out of hiding.

Ah. The raven recalls, swooping down to land on her scarred withers (scarred from years of the raven's sharp talons). It's a stallion, sulking by his cave, he's got bright red hair. The image of him came and went quickly in her mind, Phrixus shared the image though and forward they went, the bird finding a perch above the sitting stallion. “Hello there, neighbor.” She offers him a smile, failing to explain that they are not actually neighbors but in fact she's just a creeper. She stops on the path out in front of him lair, not approaching the private (invisible) bubble that surrounds one's personal home. “I am Tangere.” She flicks a chocolate gaze up the sitting raven, who ruffles and coos down at the stallion, “And that is Phrixus.” She smiles still, looking for the signs of a reaction in his face and body language. Many around here are rather...sassy..let's say, and she does not feel like it today. Today some company, some pleasant company, would be just fine.

[So I realize it isn't winter so he isn't covered in sugar, but I was thinking it could have just been in the dust littering his cave floor, or old bits still stuck to him. Let me know if that's just too silly and i'll edit. <3 Also I hope she can just jump in, I adore him already hahaha]

Image By PSILO!

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Outcast
Johnny
I don’t stand up to greet her, not at first. I mean first of all, once I’ve got myself in a sitting position it takes a lot of effort to get myself out of it. And yeah, okay, so it’s not the most comfortable way to be sitting but whatever, I’m not moving. The terrible, sunny, beautiful day I had been greeted with just completely ruined my mood and nothing was going to stop …

Oh well she’s being nice I guess that helps.

Everyone was a neighbour to me, so there really was no explanation needed. Though, to be honest, it didn’t really matter how she greeted me because hey! She was greeting me! I mean I never turn down company, that would be ridiculous. And we’ll have no ridiculousness here. None!

Already I’m forgetting the death and gloom that come with the warmer seasons and I focus instead on this lovely mare. Tangere, she introduces herself, and I look toward the sound of the caw that highlights where her companion is perched. Why! A white raven, I’ve never seen one of those before. Helovia sure is weird. By now there’s a delighted grin illuminating my green eyes as I look between the two. “Why! It’s very nice to meet you both on such a disgusting day.” I’m probably the only one in the world that complains when the sun comes out but I have very valid reasons. Which is funny because I’m pretty sure that my general disposition is that of someone that enjoys the sun. “Can you believe it? All this sunshine.” It was enough to make a grown stallion cry. And I might have if she hadn’t come along to distract me.

This is the point where I actually stand up because there’s a prickling sensation in my hind legs and butt that is telling me I better move or they’ll fall asleep and then I’ll be dragging my back half around for the next little while. “I’m Johnny, the weaver.” Okay so sue me, I like the way the rank sounds attached to my name. I'm not really bragging about it.

Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Tangere
so sorry about the wait! Should be faster now :D but yes - the dust is totally fine! I imagine there'd be little bits of it here and there :P
please tag in all posts

non omnis moriar

Phrixus twitches, cooing to himself as he watches the pair stare at one another – talking in that weird monotone that everyone does when they first meet. Suddenly though the pale bird notices something different, perhaps even strange about the stallion. I mean, there is the obvious things like his blazing bright hair and sugary scent, but here in Helovia you could spend all day questioning weird occurrences like that. Tangere finds it best to let it go but the bird's thoughts are persistent on the stranger's queerness.

Her face scrunches with puzzlement when he expresses his utter displeasure. She almost graces the chilly winds with a 'suuure'...but he soon swallows up the silence again. Ah, she nods, grinning as if feeling accomplished at noticing it is the warmth and sunlight that he detests. Still weird, but hey. She's never thought of which season she prefers, the adaptation comes naturally to her, the love for the change in the winds and temperatures. She nods again, blank for words, rather blank for a reaction in general. And then his name. Johnny.. She thinks about it's foreign feel to her thoughts; she's never heard such a name before. The bird breaks her train of thought as he swoops down from above Johnny, grabbing for the pale mare's scarred withers, perching steadily behind her silky thin mane. “I suppose if you prefer the coldness, then yes, this is repulsive – appalling conditions.” She chuckles at herself trying to share his emotional detachment from the weather conditions. “But those, those big cold stone bones up there,” She gestures toward the snowy mountains, jagged and shiny against the burning sunlight. They serrate the sharp blue of the open sky, only a few clouds to keep them company int heir melting phases. “It's still cool out there, though I do not recommend venturing passed the base of those mountains – you'll tumble down rather quickly.” The spine of mountains that are the Steppe's backbone. She recalls the first and last time she attempted to climb when the snows were disintegrated. Even with her surefooted cloven toes she almost fell to her death, or at least to four broken legs...which is another term for death.

But really...” She lets her wide chocolate eyes settle on his pale face, “It is only a matter of months until it is all cold again.” She has never noticed the nice feeling it brings to think of the Basin in it's frozen splendor once again. The bright ribbons of light curling and waving above the bone-white ground and it's puddle of un-freezing mirror water.

A weaver, huh?” She comments quietly. Placing it somewhere in there, between names and mountain talk. “I am a simple healer, under Lena.” She's never really met anyone but the children, the other healers and the leaders.

Image By PSILO!

weird post and sorry for the wait my dear :3
@Johnny

Outcast
Johnny
I follow her gaze to the mountains - noting that there was definitely snow way up at the top - but her talk of plummeting to my death kind of deterred me from making the trek up there. Tangere certainly knew how to cheer a guy up, didn’t she? I felt teased. “Pointing out the snow just beyond my reach is just cruel.” I point out and I’m pouting a little bit, though it’s extremely exaggerated and I don’t really mean it. I thought about trying to ask my sheep friend if they could bring me some snow from up high but they don’t really seem to understand me. I can’t understand why - I’m an easy pony to talk to. Makes me wonder if there are any horses here in the Basin that can talk to the sheep - I have to remember to ask.

If none of them do, maybe that can be something that we learn. It’s always good to have a liaison with the sheep folk.

I jump a little when the raven swoops down and lands on Tangere’s shoulder - I wasn’t really expecting it. He’s a pretty bird but I’m not altogether sure I like the way that he’s looking at me. I’m not a snack. Okay well not really anyway. I just smell like one.

But then she’s talking again and it’s more unhelpful stuff. Just a couple more months! One particularly hot day and I’m dead. A puddle. Probably. It’s not like I’ve tested the theory - last time I started to get too hot it was late spring and I started feeling sick and sweaty and then I realized it wasn’t sweat but liquid sugar running down everywhere and I found a cool place ASAP. “A couple months is too long!” I sigh dramatically, swaying a bit on my feet and almost plopping back down on my cushy ass but decide to stay standing for the moment. I don’t really want to be a whiner, but summer was just the absolute worst. Makes me sick.

Thankfully we’ve got other things to talk about, me and this cutie here. What?! She is cute! She’s got this great coat going on. It could use some more pink, obviously, but no one’s perfect. Instead it’s like… it kind of looks like a sky - with clouds and such. No wonder her companion was a pretty bird! And her horn was unlike any of the other ones I had seen so far - all twisted and stuff. It was great!

My enthusiasm when she tells me a bit about what she does here is not false. Ain’t a single thing that’s false about me, baby. “A healer! Well that’s pretty handy. I was brought here by one of the doctors but I haven’t seen him around lately. Lena is just lovely, though isn’t she? What do the healers do, anyway.” I’ve always wondered and I’m genuinely curious so I hope she doesn’t mind. “Are there really that many injuries in the herd?”
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Tangere <3
please tag in all posts

non omnis moriar

Phrixus squawks, flaps and floats away on bone white wings and nestles among the pines. He naps now; he can feel the comfort, or at least relaxed and not in danger, all over Tangere's mind – she doesn't necessarily need a watcher at the moment. A small nap in a beam of sunlight and a patrol for meat will keep the bird occupied until sundown.

Well he certainly is a handsome little devil. She chuckles at his theatrical frowning and his playful revolt at her suggestion about snow in the mountains. She was not sure if he was joking, but it struck her as funny anyway and so she let unhindered laughter bubble out at his remarks. I could take him to where there is snow right now. I wonder if he would like that...or if it would be weird. She keeps the question to herself and looks on as he asks about her work and Lena. “Oh yes Lena! Oh I do adore Lena, she has taught me so very much over the years. She is great.” She nods as if to solidify once again that she in fact agrees with the liking of Lena. She decides to stop nodding after a while, it becomes odd looking after a moment. What do I do? She laughs again, this time at herself, letting words find themselves out of the grin she wears on her rosy lips. “Honestly I have not healed anyone except myself... I find and experiment with herbs.And occasionally shove them at strangers to make them my test subjects. Her tail tosses anxiously and she lets her henna eyes drift back to the mountainous horizon. “I do know where we can find some snow...if you're ready for a little bit of a hike.” Her eyes find him again, his bright face and perfectly placed blazing hair. His smell sticks in her nostrils and when she speaks she can feel it over her tongue. She can literally taste him.

Hm.

Image By PSILO!

@Johnny
<3

i love him so muchh
sorry this post was a little lame, not sure what happened.
things will improve... c;

Outcast
Johnny
Oh yeah, I like this lovely lady. A pretty face and she laughs at my jokes? She can stick around. And she has excellent taste in those that she likes too which is an added benefit. Anyone that recognizes how wonderful Lena is can’t be too terrible, now can they? Tangere’s an adorable creature, nodding away as though she were agreeing with herself. The whole time, my grin just grew a little more. I hope she doesn't think that I’m laughing at her, because it’s definitely not that sort of grin.

I’m just… appreciating that such lovely company has stumbled across my humble little cave on this miserably sunny day.

I’m beginning to forget about the weather though and she mentions something that’s entirely fascinating. “Experiments huh? What kinda experiments do you do?” I have to admit, I don’t really know a lot about plants. I know which ones are good to eat and lately I’ve discovered which ones are good for making cloths and the like, but beyond that they’re just… green and sometimes colourful things that sprout up when it’s not winter.

And then this precious angel before me mentions that she might know where we can find some snow! Oh! I could faint from excitement! I’m already forgetting how long it’s been since I’ve seen snow (it really hasn’t been that long but it feels like it’s been a while). I’m up on all fours in a flash and practically dancing with excitement at the prospect. There’s no getting rid of this smile now!

Well okay, I do have one concern. We had just been talking about how the snow was hanging out in some dangerous spots and I’m not exactly built for treacherous hikes. “Well my dear, you promise that you’re not luring me somewhere I will stumble and plummet to my death? I don’t fancy becoming a pancake today but I would love to take a hike and find some snow!”
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Tangere <333
please tag in all posts

non omnis moriar

She watches his wide, toothy grin and it almost makes her nervous for a moment. Did he want to lick her face as much as she wanted to lick his? That would be weird. She smiles back, albeit a little shakily for a moment until he inquires about her experimental activities. She smiles naturally now, slapping her tail across each shoulder before she begins to explain. “Well.” She begins enthusiastically, “Like if your sick with belly stuff – you know, twisted tummy, colic, killer belly-ache – that sort of stuff, you can mix certain herbs and mushrooms in with some fresh coconut oil and drink it for two days...it'll cure it. Most of the time. ” She recalls the times they did not recover and her eyes go glazy for a half-second. She comes back to. “And things like that. I learned that and some other good ones from observing my Shaman back home. When I was little I used to watch the healers and the Shaman do their work. So now I take what I learned and try my best to improve on it. So. I experiment with plants and herbs and medicine in general. Basically.” She takes a breath. “Wow.” She laughs at herself. At her gush of word vomit about her healing endeavors. She never tells about that sort of thing. No one ever asks. It feels quite nice, she notices.

But you would be such a delicious pancake.” She giggles, leaning in and licking the broadness of his exposed cheek and tearing off, only a wake of dust where she stood before, swirling in that disgusting orange light of the mid-day sun. She leaves a trail of her tinkling laughter, like giggling bells on the warm breeze. “Follow me!” She moves toward the snowy peaks of the Steppe, waiting for him to catch up if he falls behind but otherwise letting her legs move freely beneath her with a rugged sort of grace – a wide open gallop all the way.

Image By PSILO!

@Johnny, i'll post in the Steppe for him unless you get to it first just tag her <33