the Rift

[OPEN] Why Does The Sun Rise?

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Taking some time to try and relax after such a tiring battle against that stupid crocodile the grey walked along casually with his faithful companion enjoying the change in scenery. During the mass chaos of magic, stabbing, slashing and trying to avoid the giant's tail many had sustained injuries along the way, thus was the way of war. It would have probably been smarter to get someone to look at his wound but being the stubborn brute that he was he had ignored Kiara's multiple attempts to drag him back home. A single long gash started near the medial part of his neck straight down until the point of his shoulder where muscle had been exposed. It had bled for awhile with all the movement but now that he was just walking it had clotted and was just dripping every so often. It had been painful but it had been something to keep his mind from focusing on the rest of his pathetic life problems. He was at the point where he just needed to forget yet memories were not all that easy to erase from your mind. Making a pit stop to quench his thirst the large grey slowly lowered his head cringing as the muscles stretched and contracted attempting to do their job. Gulping down a few mouthfuls he paused starting to feel pain spread throughout his head blurring his vision. Closing his eyes for a couple moments thinking that perhaps it had been the cold water that had caused the pain. When he opened them again the brightness near blinded him as he stumbled backwards to get away from the reflective surface of the water as the pain seemed to intensify. Not understanding what was happening he lifted his head with minor difficulty searching for somewhere that was shaded to try and get some relief." I need shade, I can't see! Gah!" He managed through gritted teeth.

Padding along in silence the feline tried not to look over to the giant bleeding wound decorating her partners neck and shoulder. Damn stupid head won't listen. Needs to find healer now not later. Irritated by the greys complete lack of concern for his own health the tiger couldn't help but follow him to wherever he was going. If he keeled over someone would need to protect the body cause there ain't no way she could drag his fat ass back home. As they arrived at the stream she sat for a moment before finally lowering herself down to lap up some of the liquid. Each crystalline drop could be heard falling back into water as well as each detail was as if she was seeing things in high definition making the sight of her dummy's wound even worse. She could smell the coppery aroma wafting down as they walked but this blood did not interest her predatory self. No matter how much she disagreed with the big stupid head he was family and the only one she had ever know, so that meant she needed to take care of him. As she lifted her head from the water a few drops of fresh blood landed beside her foot causing her to look up to see where it had come from. As if the gash was not enough to worry her now she felt the pain overtake her stallion as blood seemed to leak out of his ears. Jumping out of the way to avoid getting stepped on she felt her heart leap out of her chest in alarm. What in the hell had he done now!?! His words sounded hollow and drawn out as he spoke frantically looking around to find shade her eyes fell upon a small grove of trees not too far off, that would have to work. Now how was she supposed to get him there when the pain was preventing him from seeing?

Flicking his ears back to his skull he could sense his companion nearby but could not see her or anything through the pain. When she had tried to move him somewhere he stumbled over many obstacles before he could sense the difference in lighting. Hesitantly opening his eyes the light still hurt but at least he could see if he squinted, what in the hell had that damn God creature done to him? It had to be the croc or something to do with the fight. How could he get rid of it? There had to be some way and he didn't care if it meant him getting fried, zapped, strangled, beaten, or frozen someone had to know how to do it. When Kiara moved away to try and find something to help an idea formed in his brain, the other illnesses had been cured by magic why not try his? Yes it was going to hurt but surely it couldn't be worse than it already did, could it? Trying to focus was difficult but as he reached out to find magic it willingly erupted around him with the electricity snapping and cracking in the air. How could he zap himself when it came from him? Perhaps if he just reached out...ZAP Rapidly snapping his head back as a new pain temporarily paralyzed him beginning upon the bridge of his nose and working its way outwards. Ok bad idea, bad bad idea! That help like someone had doused him in oil and set fire to him only much worse! Ok... note to self do not try that ever again...

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

Summary:
Begins to experience symptoms from HFH, decides to try using his magic on himself out of desperation.

@Random Event (for HFH)

•• TAGS: Open To Anyone •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

The meadow...the meadow..the meadow. And what a lovely place it is to spend your days and nights...when you're clearly avoiding going home. A bright, clear day, the vast blue untouched by anything but the serrated edges of the mountains to the north. Tangere picks contentedly at the cropped grasses while her companion covers every inch of the overhanging skies. Images of the ground below from an aerial advantage flash through her mind – no one but fellow grazers so far, and a few groups of chattering mares and a recruiter or two. The raven picks another corner to search, telling the mare without words that it seems pretty empty in the meadows today. No commotion – oh wait...

Nevermind.

A big pearly striped cat with blazing blue eyes was the first thing to capture the pale raven's attention. It is alone and moving away from the meadow, but it's stride suggests that it has a mission in mind...a rather frantic mission. Ah, Phrixus sees him now. His stone-gray body nearly lifeless looking below. Silently he dips from his former height and grabs a branch that bends over the suffering stallion.

The smell of dried blood seeps into Tangere's pink mottled nostrils. Her head instinctively flings upright, her ears pressing in all directions, her breath stopping to silence herself to better hear the surrounding sounds. She cannot hear anything useful. She asks the raven where he is and she receives the image of the stallion and the branch the bird sits upon. She knows the meadow well and moves quickly to find just where the dappled stallion suffers.. She can smell burning flesh – electricity or fire or something. And dried blood. She cannot shake the smell from her nose. She comes upon them with a hungry canter, scooping at the ground with her short stocky legs. “Are you ok?” She speaks softly through the huffing of her lungs, she is out of breath. She stands over him like a hen, sniffing at him gently but not touching him. He smells weird. Like sickness. She retreats a few steps, but does not leave him. “...are you...dead?” Her face scrunches with half-disgust and half-concern. If she is to be a healer in the future then she best get used to the dead, dying and diseased.

Image By PSILO!

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

The last thing he remembered was feeling the pain of not only his injuries and head but also from his own stupidity. He would admit it wasn't one of his brightest moments but pain could make you do strange things... Ya that's what he would go with instead of making the conscious decision to electrocute himself thinking it would stop the pain. It probably would have been better if he had not jumped to the conclusion that the crocodile god had somehow done something to him. Then again perhaps it had and he had just ingeniously discovered the cure, one would never know. It could easily be caused by potentially losing too much blood or getting whacked upside the head sometime during the battle that he could not remember. Everything after touching the electricity was blank leaving the stallion wondering how the hell he had managed to fall to the ground in a rather awkward heap where he was half laying on his injured shoulder. You would think he would remember something like that.. Hey but at least the pain in his head wasn't excruciating anymore but rather a little more manageable.

Rousing to the sound of what he believed to be someone talking he slowly drew his lids back hoping his vision had improved along with his headache. As light entered his pupils he couldn't help squinting against the brightness as he still retained some of the light sensitivity from before but definitely nothing compared to before he blacked out. Lifting his head from where it had fallen he could make out the silhouette of someone standing nearby. Where did they come from? There had been no one here before except for Kiara so that meant this mare had gotten here sometime just before he came to. Oh great... please say that she had not witnessed him stupidly electrocuting himself for it was already embarrassing enough to think he had done such a thing. Fragments of words drifted back to him as the girl came into focus, who had she been talking to? "Dead? Who's dead? he mumbled his electrified brain still not cluing into the fact that she had been speaking to him. "How...Who are you?"

Padding along as fast as she could the white tigress headed in search of someone to help her beloved friend. If he had only listened to her in the first place they would not be in this situation! Pausing to regain her bearings the feline tried to figure out where she would find someone first. Thinking to what little she knew about the herd lands she figured she should likely run into someone if she kept on the same course. Setting off again she couldn't help but worry that she would not be able to help her bonded soon enough. Gah why did he have to be such a dummy? Keeping close tabs on how her grey was feeling she pushed forward until something changed turning her blood to ice. Freezing mid step she fumbled around to find her connection again only to find things all hazy and not right. Snarling she twisted around and with one leap she hit the ground running back towards the grove of trees she had left her damn dummy. She couldn't leave him alone for one minute! He was almost worse than foals, one minute they would be standing next to you and the next they had disappeared only to get into some trouble. That had been her first and last time agreeing to help foal sit but yet she still seemed to be babysitting.

Closing the distance as quick as possible her nose picked up a new scent that had not been there before. Someone was nearby and she would eagerly shred anyone who dared to hurt he grey! A loud growl tore from deep in her throat as she broke through the bushes to find some strange mare standing over her dum dum. Dropping her head menacingly and slowing her pace she bore her teeth warning the girl that she had better not try anything unless she wanted to become her next scratching post.

Flicking his ear to the sound of breaking branches his eyes caught Kiara stalking towards them as if she was going to tear a shred off the mare. "What Happen?! You Ok?!? Did she..?" Pinning his eyes to her blues halting her advance he tried to pull himself to his feet with some difficulty. A pained groan escaped his lips as he swayed unsteadily for a second before he managed to right himself hobbling forward a step. "Nothing happened, I am fine and no she did not do anything!" Watching as she contemplated his answers against what she had seen or thought she had seen. "You Not Fine, still blood!" she retorted with an angry flick of her tail before she moved over to sit nearby still unsure about what had happened. Choosing to ignore her for now he turned his head back to face the mare.

Ciceron talks
Thinking or Speaking through bond
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Tangere
•• NOTES: So it turns out that this was posted before the random cures were posted/fixed. If it's ok with you we can just say that the symptoms were attributed to his other injuries and not the HFH. I can go back and alter my first post if needed just let me know :)  ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

non omnis moriar

Phrixus spies the stalking predator and begins popping his wings open and beating them on the air, making a very strange wub wub wub wub sound that can be felt more than heard. He caws loudly, clicking and cawing again, flapping his wings and finally letting go of the branch to dive onto the tiger's head. He knows better than to come within reach, they (those creatures) had quite the swipe with those big kitty paws and he'll be broken and consumed in less than a few seconds if he makes that fatal error. It is only a warning, which Tangere heeds, and sidestepps with an ear pressed to the big cat...she does not look at it, only keeping the closest ear trained on it's movements. It's bonded, the sick one, seems not intent on letting it attack - Shh, Phrixus, it will not hurt us unless we hurt...him, her eyes narrow onto the stallion.

No one is dead, apparently.” She chuckles to herself, a bit nervously, the cat breathing at her neck waiting to snap it in half just adds a bit of butt-clenching anxiety to the whole scenario. “You seem to need help.” She sniffs toward him. “I know of some mushrooms that may help you.” She shares the images with Phrixus as soon as she says it aloud. She gives him short descriptions of a few kinds of fungus and a few different blossoms growing around that may help with his problems. One of the particular mushrooms seems to have a calming effect, letting the body un-tense and sort out its issues. The mortal body, even without magic, has it's own way of being mystical and self-healing. Unless of course he is so far gone, so taken by some disease, that nothing will heal. The rest of the raven's retrieval list has to do with easing of swelling, easing of pain and wards against infection. Broad things, effective in most cases. “My name is Tangere,” She answers his 'who are you?', better late than never. “And my bird, he is Phrixus.” Her breath catches in her throat for a moment, “Thank you for not letting her eat me.” Her eyes finally fall on the white cat, her features so obviously feminine, Tangere gets lost in her beauty for a moment. She's never seen anything like her – scary as she may be, utterly frightening actually, she is also a creature of unmtached allure. The silvery painted unicorn moves her chocolate eyes back to the stallion, watching him for any further sign of sickness or refusal of her proximity.

[Hahaha. Alrighty. And no, no need to change anything it's fine. Excuse her while she uses him as a test subject and throws herbs and mushies at him xD ..]

Image By PSILO!

@Ciceron

While his bonded did not seem overly enthused with his reply he knew she wouldn't cause any trouble over it. A streak of something seemed to fall from a tree down towards the ground, at first he had believed it to be a leaf or something but then it seemed to go back up. What was that? Maybe he was just imagining crazy things now, maybe that shock had done more than he had originally thought. Kiara's response was much quicker than that of his own as she raised a paw as if to swat something away.Hmm maybe he wasn't so crazy afterall...

Raising a eye as he watched his tigress stalk off to sit somewhere nearby he couldn't help but shake his head. Such a typical reaction for her, but he did know deep down her intentions had been in the right place. She had simply been trying to protect him when she had believed there to be danger. Hell, how many times had he barged in thinking that there was something wrong when in fact it was quite the opposite. Sighing at long last he turned to look to his partner once more. If it means that much to you I will allow it, but really I am fine." All wounds healed if given the time, which he was sorely lacking at the moment. Should another one of those corrupted gods attack he needed to be up there with the others to fight for his home and the others in it. With his shoulder the way it was it was doubtful that he would have as much effect as if it had been normal. "You can do whatever you wish to me." He replied gratefully before he realized what he had just said. Hopefully Tangere would let it slid or at least attribute it to the mind fog that seemed to be lingering. Leave it to him to manage to embarrass himself on something as small as the phrasing of a sentence. "I'm Ciceron and this here is Kiara." He introduced since Tangere had been so nice in providing both her and her companions name.

"I apologize if she frightened you she had only been trying to help. Plus I think I might have lost consciousness for a few minutes which probably didn't help her concern." Apologizing seemed like the right thing to do considering it was himself that had gotten them into this mess in the first place by electrocuting himself. No one really had to know that part though.. unless his stupidity had been noticed. The more he thought about it he really couldn't understand why he had tried it in the first place. "I wouldn't have let her eat you, plus I doubt she would have in the first place." He commented remembering yet another question..no statement that had been asked of him, well sort of.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Tangere •• NOTES: Permission to PP if needed :) ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

non omnis moriar

That's good to know that she wouldn't.” She eyes the cat affectionately as she listened to Ciceron, idly noticing the smell of mossy rocks and clean water on his skin. The Falls. It's almost as if she can smell the mist that's permanently woven in his dappled coat. “Why thank you,” She looks to the skies for the return of her raven but he is not back just yet. Her eyes melt back onto the stallion. “It is important that I learn more about herbs and mushrooms, and these particular ones I have used myself and seen as well as felt their effects. It's equally important that I help – that I heal. So thank you, Ciceron.” She steps closer, still leaving a comfortable space between them. “Thank you for letting me give you this medicine.” Silence falls but is soon interrupted by a gust of chilly wind that slices through the warmth of Tallsun. It fades as quickly as it arrives and leaves only the sounds of their breathing and the song birds behind as it rolls away.

Phrixus returns moments later with a broad leaf rolled up and clutched in his claws. He dropped it in front of Tangere's split feet with a graceful dive, swooping up onto a low branch once it was dropped. Thank you, love. She let her pink nose sink to meet the wrapped goods; a thick but short juicy root, a few small reddish mushroom caps and two whole pale blue mushrooms of a different shape. “Here,” she gently pushed the opened leaf over toward him, leaving it to be inspected by Kiara. “The root will help heal you if of sickness of the lungs or eyes, if it's able. And there's a few side effects to it like weird dreams and drowsiness. Nothing major. The caps bring your mind elevation, relaxing you enough to help your body naturally, or perhaps even magically if you can, heal it's body with more focus. It's quite a euphoric feeling, overwhelming sometimes too, so take only small pieces at first.” She takes a breath and motioned her mottled muzzle toward the bluish fungus. “And those.” She chuckles sweetly, “Those will take any fever – unless strongly cursed – but only after being a rather mild hallucinogenic.” She laughs again and meets his eyes with her own muddy, full moon gaze, “It's quite fun and can even be helpful, if you believe in that sort of help, that is. It is a very effective medicine, so only take one at a time. If it does not break a particular fever that usually means it is not a natural fever.” She finishes with a wide, genuine grin.

She glances him over with a worrisome sort of look, pricking her ears to his breathing and his movements. “I am probably needed back home, ” She fidgets nervously before tilting her stare to the white cat. She will surely not let him die? Right? Phrixus leaves blankness between them. Such a thing is not answerable by him. “If you find yourself ill again, or worse off, please come find me. I am of the Basin but my bird is often patrolling the skies. If Kiara needs to, she can get his attention from the borders, he flies them everyday.” She met his cheek with a hot breath, brushing the softness of her nostril's edge to his skin. “Goodbye Ciceron – take care of yourself.” She pulls away and gives his companion a nod before spinning off to trot into the shadows. Phrixus bursts from his perch and soars at her heels, pine needles falling from his launch off of the branch.

Image By PSILO!

Summary: She gives him three different herbal/mushroom medicines and leaves him; telling him to contact her if he ever needs help again. <33

The Root: Mudpaw Root, of the 'Mudpaw' plant, grown in swampy, rich soil [shade plant, fern-like, with middle fronds that look like muddy wolf paws].
The Caps: Bloodtongue Mushroom, grows on old rotten oaks, useless until their five years old
The Whole Mushrooms: Galaxius Mushroom, grows under alders or birches in small patches [glow in moonlight]