the Rift

[OPEN] !! All is Hell that Ends Well [Patrol]

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
i can tell your heart's cold -- like a fallen angel walking in your sleep
Laedere shuffled her feet. Aye, she was told to patrol the area near the Heart Caves. She was unsure of whom was supposed to accompany upon this endeavour, but she sincerely hoped that it did not include Ampere. She did not wish to have another fight with the mare who was right near her. Yes that was the main struggle. How did she not cause more problems with the herd who now saw her as a trouble maker. The herd that now saw her as even more of an outcast than she had originally felt. Yea. This wasn't going to go very well.

Still, Ardere floated on ahead of her. Doing small clicks and then turning around in the air, garnering attention and attempting to ease the struggle that was still rolling in Laedere's head. So what exactly was this entire thing? How did one manage to come here? It was... a ruins. It had the cracks of lava spreading throughout it, and then an entrance below. It was what she imagined Pompeii would have been had she had the strength to stay. Pale eyes peered back and forth across the terrain before residing at the start of the cave.

Should she wait for others to appear? Should she travel within, to check and see who might be there? To see what she might hear? Oh, this was too difficult. She was not sure what she was supposed to do to impress those around her. Aye, but she couldn't even figure out how to channel what little abilities she had. She was of no use to the herd. She just kinda moved as the winds took her, and watched what she could. She tried to stay out of others ways unless they requested assistance.

Aye... would anyone other than Einarr even want her assistance after that herd meeting? She gulped, trying to swallow her fear with the situation before awaiting another Throat member's arrival.

image credit
table by: niki

@Shida @Hertz @Sacre

Dragon's Throat Tallsun Patrol :D Feel free to jump in if you want and aren't tagged!

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

SHIDA
I'll be a thousand miles to the sun
before you even know what I've done
So listen. These pegasus bitches need to get some fucking perspective when it comes to just how far things are when you have to walk. Like, oh no big deal, we just float across Helovia on our magnificent wings. Aren't we do special. lalala. Well you know what? Fuck that. I ain't no get up at the ass-crack of dawn to go for a run type, and I certainly ain't the type to enjoy a fucking epic trek just to go make sure some asshole isn't doing something shady halfway across the map.

I mean, who gives a shit if they are? Wasn't that the point of boundaries? To tell bitches to step off what is yours? So fuck it if they want to be shady somewhere else.

At my heels, Princess whines.  "Yeah well, I'm just sayin'" I mutter unhelpfully, shrugging my shoulders which are now covered in sweat .... as is basically the rest of me. Hey - I said I wasn't an athlete. Forgive me for having some cushion for the pushin'.

The ground turns harder, rockier, and ahead I spy someone who looks like a kid grabbed some pastels and went to town. But I recognize this one - this is the one everyone had their panties in a twist about at the herd meeting. Some shit about companions or w/e - and no surprise here, it was old blue-tits who was all up in arms about it. 

I decide that if blue-tits hates this bitch, then I'm gonna love her. 

"Sup." I call out lazily, trotting forward. Don't even think about it- I warn Princess silently, who has already caught sight of the floating dolphin. "Cool fish." I offer trying to be nice, but let's face it, nice isn't really my thing. "I heard blue tit- I mean Ampere got all ampere about it. " I continued with a smirk, clearly trying to convey that I was on her side about the whole thing. 

Image by the lovely dark! Table style by Tamme!

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
Well shit. When I had said I wanted to jump right back into the whole warrior role I didn't know I would be assigned to a patrol that had already made its way out. Great. I was already lagging behind. Thank the Gods for wings and for them planting the Heart Caves due north of the Dragon's Throat. So it wouldn't take that long to get there but if the patrol was already in full gear who knows what kind of exciting stuff I missed. Considering all the crazy stuff going on in Helovia, as Pa had reported to me, it wasn't a stretch to think something interesting might happen.

Wings expanded as I aimed myself to glide down to the perch outside of the Heart Caves. From the looks of it two horses were already there. Were they waiting for their third companion. Ugh if I had made them wait they'd probably be so pissed. Then again they'd just have to deal with it cause screw it if I was going to take the blame for this surprise patrol sprung upon me. Hell no.

Hooves touched ground right as the blue whore was mentioned. A wicked grin spread across my face as I glanced at the unicorn. Already this chick was at the top of my list of "get to know". Anyone who spoke of Ampere in such a way was automatically friend listed until they fucked it up. But thank gods someone was willing to have the mouth to call the bitch out.

"Hah. Glad to know nothing much has changed in my absence. The Throat is still as hot as hell and Ampere is still Ampere." My words were biting as I used the blue mare's name as its own degradative expression. Believe me if you met the chick you'd know what I mean when I use it that way. Ever since my first interaction with her, where she acted like a damn prostitute, she had been on my shit list. Looks like this wasn't going to change. And now with my mother missing I had to make double certain to keep an eye on her. I refused for her to stick her ratchet ass in any of my family's beeswax.

Oh right I should probably introduce myself. Manners, manners, manners: I could hear my mom's scowl even when she wasn't here. "Zenobia." I offered my name in greeting as I felt my blood still spark with harsh electric currents from the previous subject.

Eyes drifted to both of the other mares and the weird dolphin thing. Wait. Weird dolphin thing, I repeated to myself. The winged mare certainly had an interesting companion but I had to wonder how in the world it got around. Did she lug it around? I had to suppress a snort and the hysterical image the pursued that thought. Better yet maybe it flew. Now that, that I wanted to see. Nonetheless I nodded to it as an acknowledged greetings.

Curiously I looked around. Sooo.. were we waiting for anyone cause I was so ready to get this show on the road. Energy zapped through my system (quite literally) as I eagerly peered down the cave. I couldn't wait to get moving once again. Maybe even run into some wicked beast so I could fell it and bring it back as a trophy for Pa. As much as I wanted this, though, I also knew that if nothing happened that would also be fine. Not as exciting but at least it meant my herd was safe. (Although so totally not as heart pumpin' as a fight.)

@Laedere @Shida
Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Hidden Account
i can tell your heart's cold -- like a fallen angel walking in your sleep
Okay. Apparently her entire patrol group was… younger ones? Oh well. Her eyes lingered as the new one appeared. A dog at her heels as she seemed to sashay her way over toward the caves. Her language was so… so foreign that it took Laedere a moment to figure out exactly what it was that the dun one was saying. Alas, she was given a small reprieve in that another one appeared.

She gave her name after she said that nothing had really changed in her absence. "Aye… Ampere tis still 'Ampere'…" Laedere said, eyes flickering back and forth as the tar shifted the figures before her in and out of the form of a skeleton and their regular form. "Laedere - tis be Ardere. Mine pleasure to acquaint mineself with ye both," she offered.

She shifts her weight on her feet - Ardere already beginning to float into the cave on her own, but only after trying to rub her pectoral fin against each of their sides in greeting (along with a few clicks). "Aye, she gives her greetings," Laedere tried to explain before shifting the topic back to the patrol. "Mineself supposes we hath better initiate tis 'patrol' and delve into thee caves?"

Would they listen? Would they even understand? A gentle sigh would have been emitted if she hadn't thought it to be rude, before she carefully began to descend into the caves. Nothing bad would happen here, right? Everything would be fine?

Oh, it was probably just to gather information - but she really had no desire to fight today.

@Shida @Zenobia @Random Event

image credit
table by: niki

SHIDA
"Yeah...some things never change.." I agree skeptically, looking towards the newcomer. At this point, I'm not really sure if she's just here to like... shoot the shit, or if she's here on patrol? I mean, listen. So what if I don't actually know who is in my herd. Big deal, that ain't my job.  But I do know that not just anyone gets to shit all over Ampere. I mean, I'm a warrior, and so it sort of comes with the territory, cause she rides yo ass hard. But if this punk princess thinks she can just waltz it and starting bitching about bitches in my herd.... nuh-uh. But I keep quiet, because for all I know she is in my herd.

I listen to Laedere introduce herself, and I have to force myself not to go cross eyed. Laedere? My lips move stupidly, trying to figure out how to actually pronounce that outloud without sounding like a complete douche. I determine that it's impossible. What sort of Shakespaere-in-the-park bullshit is this? Ardere? Cute, they match. I whisper-think to Princess, who is too busy cleaning his paws to care.

"Sup. I'm Shida." I say, nodding to both fish-pastel-chick and the warrior princess. 

As Laedere - in her Laedere voice - asks us if we want to go into the caves (at least I think that's what she said? I don't know. Could have been some hocus pocus curse for all I know.), I bite my tongue hard to keep from laughing. But I mean ... surely she's got to know how crazy she sounds? Like where did this chick come from? A book

"Dude. You just said about 5 words I don't understand and I'm pretty sure most of 'em weren't necessary. Don't you ever get tired of talkin' like that? Can't you just say, Hey?" I was genuinely curious - I wasn't even trying to be an asshole at all. It's just ... like, I get if wherever she was from they talked like that, but even Gaucho worked on his shit a bit.

Then I realized something horrifying.

What if this was her working on it? Ohhh Lordy. I can't even imagine her being any harder to understand than this. 

Silly me not even hearing the skepticism in unicorn's voice. Wait, would it still be a unicorn if they had two horns? Bihorn? That kinda sounds like "bison". The real question, however, is where the hell my mind is wandering off too. This was a patrol. While there was no immediate threat I should probably be focused on my job. Y'know. Things that actually matter at the moment. I could always ask how unicorns like to be classified later. Or not at all considering it is a rather random and stupid thought.

Hopefully no one here could read minds. Then again if they did they'd probably be either giving me a "what the fuck" look or laughing their ass off.

The dolphin thing - Ardere - rubbed against my side. I found myself lightly chuckling to myself because (a) it was cute as a newborn foal and (b) it kinda tickled. Kinda interesting how it is able to float, which answered my previous musings about how it got around. "Nice to meet you all." While I spoke to all my eyes were clearly focused on Laedere's companion. Soooo cute! I couldn't wait to find my companion egg. If I ever find one.

Full attention turned back to the two mares as the uni..bicorn - Shida - commented on Laedere's accent. To be honest, it was rather strange but I was fully able to grasp what she was saying. "Eh. I found it understandable." I snorted. "Although I guess you get used to it when your pa is more used to speaking in his native tongue." My father's simple words made me smile. However I use the term simple lightly 'fore he didn't speak light words; each word was said for a reason (for the most part.)

"I agree that we should get this shindig started." I followed Laedere as she began to descend into the caves. As darkness surrounded me muscles tensed in anticipation as to what we may find. Always better to prepare than be surprised by something.

@Laedere @Shida

ooc;// ahh sorry didn't realize it was my turn
Image Credits

Hidden Account
Laedere
Ugh. Fine. The one with the strange language was saying she didn't understand. Aye, she had dumbed her language down, but it always sounded forced, unnatural.  Laedere's eyes lowered, shrinking back a little. Forever an alien in her own group that was meant to be her family. It is Zenobia who says that she found it understandable before agreeing with getting it started.

"Mine sincerest apologies," she whispered, ears flickering back and forth as Ardere kept trying to play with Zenobia. "Mineself shant intend to confuse…" her voice is uncertain, her brain moving at a hundred miles a minute trying to translate the words which came so naturally to her into something that was far more understandable for everyone else in the group. "Mineself will… attempt to speak in a more… understandable fashion," her voice is forced - breaking and pausing randomly as her brain clicks in place the connection. Should one look at her face they would see the wheels turning that tried to place the words with other ones.

As they descended down to the caves, Laedere peered around - taking in the many different paths which they could go towards. "Hath either of ye been… down in tis… set of caverns?" She pauses, trying to figure out which way to go before turning to the other two mares. "Which path would ye prefer?" Well, at the very least she would get to explore new lands today, even if she was pretty sure most still considered her to be an outcast - foreign in their lands.

@Zenobia @Shida
No need to tag me - I get alerts :D
Image Credit

SHIDA

"Although I guess you get used to it when your pa is more used to speaking in his native tongue Oh for fucks sakes, I think as I feel my ears once again slip towards my skull. So that's who this bitch is. Fire-balls' kid. Well woopdy fuckin' do. Is that the only reason she disagreed with me? So she could drop his name (or.er..his reference?)

Whatever. I don't give a dick who her daddy is. Although it's strange she's got such a hate hard-on for Ampere then, given how much time they spent together. 

"No need to apologize, I was just sayin'," I correct with a shrug of my robust shoulders. At my heels, Princess whines - still wanting to eat the floating fish - before running down into the caves. 

"Don't know, don't care-" I respond to her question - though, not wanting to stand around and talk about it, I start going down the left path. "This one seems good."

As I walk, I realize that ... I don't know how this is going to be helpful. We've got Gaucho's kid, who if she gets injured, will probably mean we're all in deep shit. We've got Shakespaere and her magical floating fish (blah blah blah, dolphins aren't fish, get over it), who seems like she's already seen some action (although those bandages look old? Like, girl, don't you know what healed means?); basically, if we actually see anything scary, I don't actually think we'll be much good to anyone.

"So.... ya'll fight any of those monster things?" I ask, almost rhetorically, because I"m pretty sure I didn't see them at the last one. But who knows, maybe they caught part 1 and 2. 

The contrast between us mares was hard not to notice. I couldn't help but snort in amusement. Now this, this was going to be some fun shit. Even if we found nothing then this little band we had going on would definitely make for some interesting story to tell: a tale of three kickass females with ridiculous features. Something like that. I don't know.. thinking of cool titles on the spot just isn't happening today.

I shrugged at Laedere's question. To be honest, I had no flipping clue where I was. I only knew where the exit was because of the freaking light. This cave was not built for me, a creature of flight. I preferred the open airs.. not this claustrophobic death trap. Even though I willingly followed the golden mare further into this prison that could easily be my tomb, I really was beginning to regret being so eager to take a patrol. Gods. Of all the places to send a pegasus.

The wannabe gods who tried to take over Helovia were brought up and a sting of guilt struck my head. I hadn't been here in time for the three events. My family had been fighting, their lives potentially in danger, and I had been on some wild quest for.. I don't even know what I had been looking for anymore. "I've only just returned to Helovia, but I've been informed of the occurrences." Hardened steel formed in my eyes, although I was hardly aware. "Next one to come-" if there was a next one, "will get its ass kicked thrice as hard to make up for my absence."

I would step up to the role my mother left behind until she came back and protect my family. No. Matter. What. Not even a god will be able to stop me from defending my loved ones.

@Shida

ooc;// I'M SO LATE I'M SO SORRY it's been a rough few weeks
Image Credits