Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Tallsun was what Lakota and Ktulu called it but Murtagh wasn’t really convinced it was a good thing. All through Birdsong he had been exploring this new green world where it seemed like every day he would wake up and something else would be different. The leaves would have burst a little bit more, there were these strange things called flowers growing practically everywhere. This world of warmth and life was weird and he wished he could blink and return to the snow but it apparently wasn’t going anywhere for a while now so he was just going to have to make the best of it.

At least, that’s what his mothers told him.

So now it was nearing midday and he was lying sprawled out on his side in the shade of a tree - feeling the weight of the humidity on him and wondering what was so great about this time of year anyway. He couldn’t run very much without feeling exhausted and he hadn’t yet figured out a good way to cool down. Were the waters still as dangerous as they had been in Frostfall? He was hesitant to try. Especially without parental supervision. Where were they anyway? They had told him to stay here, so he did (the desire to explore stemmed by the heat), but wasn't it the parents' job to be at the whim of their children? What were the pair of them doing when they weren't entertaining their lovely, adorable son?

He would be making shapes out of the clouds except the darn leaves of this tree were in the way (and besides, there weren’t even any clouds to begin with). A deep, loud, and utterly unsatisfied sigh escaped the young colt - bored down to his teeth. He wondered, lazily, if Areli was around or if Erthe was on top of the mountain still but both of those options seemed too far for this noontime heat. Perhaps later, when the fire-bugs came out and he resumed his games.

For now, he opted to continue his staring contest with the leaves and branches, wishing with all his heart for some snow to break this heat.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

for @Rasta and @Vitani

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
So what? She hadn't exactly been the most… active participant in the Falls since the switch over. Her heart still ached, knowing that she was staying there for Alleo, knowing that he had wanted so dearly to be around his family - that he had fought for them for that exactly reason. So, she tried. She tried to act normal, to find something to do. Though, most days it consisted of lurking in the shadows, wondering where exactly it was that Alleo had gone off to. And, most days, believing that he was off doing his patrols was enough. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was off flirting with some mare. Maybe he was off just distancing himself. She didn't know. Even though her heart ached to be near him, she wasn't sure where exactly they stood anymore. She wanted to curl up beside him, to feel his heart and have Ettore doing whatever it was that he wanted.

See, he had begun to talk lately. Spouting out random things that he saw and offering what seemed to be partly sarcastic remarks to some of her thoughts. Hopefully he wouldn't be as abusive as her previous one had been. While she had needed it, she wasn't so sure she was as capable of dealing with it as she had been before. Still, it was Ettore who noticed the young one flopped down beneath a tree. "Baby! Baby!" He seemed to screech, so excited that there was another young thing near them (what he assumed was his age) that he felt the need to inform Rasta.

As she edged in closer, he swooped down - offering a few caws of excitement before landing a few feet off to the side of the foal. Quietly, Rasta folded her limbs so that she was settled down beside him, but with a good few feet of space between the pair. She pulled on her magic a little - bringing some branches out farther so as to offer herself some more shade while clustering others closer so that the young foal would presumably have more.

Aye, hopefully she didn't scare him.
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

I was resting in the shade of trees... Okay well we were. Even with Sarabi's light tan color over most of her body, the TallSun heat was more than a match for the two of us. We both lay, trying to cool off. That is, until the sound of another stirred Sarabi. Her head shot up, and her deep brown eyes looked around. I knew what was coming next, because it always did. Her need to be social with others always out weighted my need to be alone. No one wanted me around anyway.

She shot up, barely glancing at me before bounding off to find new "friends" as she called them. Be it that they really were friends, well I highly doubt it. She's bonded to me, the worthless one. The orphan. I move along behind her as she bounds straight over to a colt who is laying on the ground. I can see he is clearly trying to do the same thing we had been, which is escape the heat. He is not alone. A mare with a bird had also taken notice of him. I sigh. Probably his momma. I look away, before looking to Sarabi. She's standing right in front of the colt's head, panting softly. "Uh, hello. Sorry for intruding. Sarabi tends to get excited when others are near." At this the pup yips, not wanting to fully bark and scare the colt who probably didn't know she was there. Then again he might. I'm not really sure I care anymore.

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

ooc - Sorry for the wait!

@Murtagh

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
As he stared up at the branches of the tree he could have sworn that he saw some of them move. Or was that just the heat? The first time he had seen a heat-mirage he had lost it, wondering why the air looked like water, why he could suddenly see ripples in the air. He hadn’t really understood the explanation he had got for the phenomenon - it was simply too hot to really pay attention to his mama or papa when they told him something he didn’t understand.

He focused on the branches more, wondering if maybe somehow he had made them move, but he forgot about the tree and the leaves a moment later because movement near him told him he wasn’t alone anymore.

It had taken the colt a little while to get used to the idea that there were other companions out there besides bears - though it always looked a little strange to him to see something small or something that had wings. But when he opened his eyes and saw the young hawk there near him he grinned wildly and lifted his head a little to get a better look. “Hello there!” He spoke to the hawk before lavender eyes shifted to take in the golden mare nearby. He smiled warmly at her but before he could address her all of a sudden there’s a… well he didn’t really know what it was. It sort of looked like a bigger version of Areli’s pup but… different. It was right in his face but he didn’t mind, it wasn’t attacking him so it was an automatic friend. “And hi to you too!”

He scrambled to sit up now, looking with a bright, sleepy smile at the four new faces that were before him now. “I’m Murtagh.” He offered to the mares and their companions before asking, quite seriously. “Can either of you make it snow? I’d like it very much if you did... I want Frostfall back.”
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Rasta, @Vitani
<33
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Rasta shifted her weight a little, body leaning so that it didn't end up cramping her muscles in the long run. The young one seemed amused with the hawk, saying hello to each of the creatures before him. Then, as the pup bounded up, he also offered a hello. The mare apologized for her companion before the colt offered his name and then asked if either of them could make it snow.

She carefully shook her head. "No, I can only shift the trees to offer more shade," she explained before Ettore continued to bounce around before the colt, wanting to play a bit. "It is nice to meet you, Murtagh. My name is Rasta, and the hawk is Ettore."

Still, the young one seemed to be in good health, regardless of the fact that Rasta couldn't actually see the young thing. Just, perhaps, very hot thanks to the sun. But oh, wasn't life grand? Still, she glanced over toward the other pair which had emerged as well. Also younger, though a tad bit older than the one below the tree. All the young ones around here. It was insane. She gave out a gentle sigh and began to tug at the branches once more - weaving them tighter so that they could all have a calm, shady location to rest. This heat was just horrid, wasn't it? Still, the shade from the branches was beginning to make it tolerable and Ettore was still oh-so willing to play.

Time to socialize? She supposed it was - even if she didn't really want to.

R
take another breathe

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say