the Rift

[OPEN] where do i belong? [reJOINING]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

Who the hell am I?

A daughter, a sister, a friend, an heir. A blessed first born daughter of a strong lineage.

Yet that doesn't answer the question - that doesn't explain who I really am.

I don't know anymore. Somewhere along the way I lost my identity. Staring across the parched lands a sense of melancholy grasped me. Across the deep blue water was my birth home (also when and why was my place of birth suddenly A FREAKING ISLAND?!). Staring at the familiar scenery should bring warmth. I felt hot on the outside - because, y'know, desert - but that heat didn't seep through my skin. On the inside I was so cold. Shouldn't I feel something more? Like relief that I was finally back home? I guess I should however there are many things I should do. As much as I struggled to figure out these emotions tumbling around inside of me I could not pick out a single one.

Would I even be accepted back? Like a selfish, spoiled rotten brat I had run away from my own family and for what reasons? Contempt? Jealousy? Fear? Probably all of them. From a rich line I had been bred but I was not the only one. I had probably already been replaced. Actually I was fairly certain I had been. There had been no room for me before what made the present any different? I was simply one of.. I couldn't even remember.

How many of us were there? I had lost count. Lost the ability to care as my father planted his seed as often as possible. Let's see.. Me, Ivezo, Rhoa, Zero - Dear Son God. I was going to cut myself off there.

Son of a - when had I turned into such an angst and whiny teenager?

Why was I even here? Why had my wings taken me here? Seasons had ticked by as I traveled further and further away from the desert. The battle scars on my petite frame remained permanent markers of my time as an outcast. An annoyed sigh escaped my mouth. To say I was frustrated with myself would be an understatement.

"Dammit!"

At that moment I felt the whole world spin. Discomfort settled into my offbeat heart as I struggled to stay upright. Take a deep breath.. and calm the fuck down. No reason to get so worked up. Okay, okay there was plenty of reason but it was time to stop being a coward. It was time to face myself and those I had left behind.

"Mother!" I called out and for once the bitter cold thawed some. Her petite frame appeared in my mind. Gods.. how I had missed her. Maybe.. Maybe this was the right thing. Maybe I could belong here. Not just should belong here because of my heritage but could because I had the heart of the dragon in me. "I'm home!"

Was I home? Yes, no, maybe so? I've changed so much in the last few seasons. For better or for worse.. Well, looks like we'll see.

With gritted teeth and a sporadic beating heart I scanned the horizon for any familiar shapes. Standing there I suddenly felt oh so small. I was - am - supposed to be a warrior yet at this moment I felt like a delicate pansy. Exhaustion nipped at my limbs but I ignored it as I did the recent injuries I had acquired: recent wounds apparent in the sun as was the way I avoided placing weight fully on my right front hoof. Physical pain was easy to ignore. But emotional pain? Neigh impossible.

ooc;// just adopted her from wanda <3 trying to get to know her! anyone who knew her feel free to join! i have no idea what she knows and what she doesn't know

@Gaucho

Zenobia

get tangled up in me

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO

It was a sight that the Wildfire had not expected to see. Each time he had seen his eldest daughter over the years, she had always been in between two places. Having just come from some secretive battle, and running off to some other unspoken trial. She never expressed herself to him, and was seemingly born with the weight of responsibility already boring a hole into her heart. Gaucho had never seen his chromatic child relax. She had inherited all of her mother's worrisome nature, and too much of Gaucho's pride and sense of duty. 

So to see her now on the sands of the Throat surprised the Sultan, and immediately he descended from the skies. On flaming wings, he approached the fully grown mare now (though forever he would see her as his first born). "Zeno." He called to her, as his large blackened hooves landed gently in the auburn sands. His voice was rough, but warm nonetheless, and it carried a genuine hint of pleasure, at seeing Zeno again. 

Both Mara and Vorsa were happy to see the girl again as well. The small phoenix chick flitted the pegasus on brightly burning wings, trilling a happy hello. In his antlers, Mara hissed gently, weaving her pale gun-steel body up Gaucho's tines to better see the fully-grown mare. 

"Gaucho not think you ever come back to family in Throat." However as soon as the words left his darkened lips, he paused. Was she back? Perhaps this was another mere hello from her, before she departed back into her own world? 

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

FFUUU-

Why was he- No. Dumb question. Of course he'd be the first one to greet her. It was like there was some alarm in his brain that triggered whenever someone new - or, well, old - entered the deserts. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by him being the first to spot me. From as far back as I could remember, he was constantly patrolling the borders. Protecting the family.

Protecting our family. The one I had abandoned. Through it all, from thick to thin, he was there. Always selfless, always seeking to protect the herd. Not just because the WildFire was the crowned Sultan of these lands.. but because he was a caring father. He always showed it in his own ways and-

All the resentment faded away. For a moment the layers peeled away and I felt so exposed. His rough voiced was soothing and warm just as I had remembered it. He hadn't forgotten me. At that moment I looked nothing more than a petite porcelain doll that threatened to crack under the weight of all these emotions at any moment.

I forced myself to stand tall and strong though my body was weary from the journey back to the land where I had taken my first breath. "Sultan.." Formality rung in my voice but I - I couldn't do it. So much for showing just how much I had grown. At the end of the day I was still his little girl.

"Daddy!" My sprained foot completely forgotten, I could feel the wind fluffing out my feathers as I ran to his side. My daddy's side. My gaze flickered to Mara and Vorsa and the warm sense of familiarity melted the cold I had fear would not leave my chest. "Mara! Korsa! I've missed you both so much!" Goodness Korsa had grown so much. It was yet another reminder of how long I had been gone. "Have you all been well? Where's Ma? And my siblings?" Rapid fire questions probably weren't going to help this already emotional situation but I couldn't keep them in anymore. Did I have a right to ask such questions after being gone for so long? Guess I'd see.

At last I dared to meet the warrior's stormy blue eyes. "I-I am sorry I disappeared again. I'm sorry I left my family behind.. I abandoned you all. I.." My words got caught in the lump in my throat. For a moment all I could do was rapidly blink my eyes and force my self to swallow. No. I wouldn't cry. I was a warrioress. I was Gaucho's first born. I shouldn't.. I shouldn't..

Soon enough my cheeks became damp and my vision blurred. So much for not crying. Dear Sun Lord when had I reverted back to my foal years?

I didn't speak until I knew my voice wouldn't crack. This time when I looked up at him my eyes would show him not tears but burning flames: he would see my passion, my resolve. "Let me prove myself as a warrior of the Dragon's Throat. Let me prove myself as a true family member. One who won't run away anymore." I wanted - no, needed - to do this. "Send me against one of your finest warriors. Through that you will see my new found conviction." And hopefully, when the spar was over, I would be able to give him a reason to be proud of me.

@Gaucho

Zenobia

get tangled up in me

image credits
table by whit
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

Sultan.

For a moment, his happiness wavered. Was her formality indicative of why she was here? Was she here as some sort of diplomat - using his title to impress upon him the respect he should give her, for whatever message she was about to deliver?

--Daddy!

As she ran towards him, relief, pride, and joy spread across his rugged features. He spread his harmless burning wings to receive his daughter's embrace, pulling her close to his muscular chest and lowering his nose to nuzzle against her pale skin. All thoughts of a malicious motive disappeared from the dun's mind; he was simply happy to have his daughter home.  However as she mentioned their family, the Wildfire tensed slightly. It was not worth hiding his emotions from his child, but nor did he want to burden her with all of what had happened.

"Well-" He began, unfurling his winged-grasp of her so that she could look at him. "Skysong was murdered by Moon Goddess ... It ... Sohalia - your mother -" The words dropped heavily from his lips, although he failed to mention that in fact he had been the one doing the murdering. Given that he had been possessed by the Goddess, it didn't seem particularly relevant. That, and it still pained him to think that Skysong's blood had been spilled by his hooves, regardless of who controlled them. His blue-stripped shoulders shrugged slightly as he sighed. - She go away again." He murmured finally, unable to find a way to phrase it that didn't seem like abandonment. Gaucho had thought things between them were finally fine - she had prevailed against multiple attacks and made it back to him - they had born Aelin and Hawk - and then ... then she had just gone. "Your new brother and sister are growing -" He continued with pride and a small nod. "Everyone else good too."

Her apologies were accepted with a wave of his flaming wings, as he once again moved to embrace his child. "You home now. That all that matters." He mumbled, his thickly accented and primitive sounding speech falling into her dark mane.

Gaucho grinned as she mentioned wanting to prove herself - especially in the ring. None of his other children really showed a propensity towards battle, and this was one of the qualities that he had always so loved about Zeno. "Ampere gladiator now. You want to fight, she the one to see."

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!

I'm home. That is all I can think as I feel his flaming wings wrap around me just as he would do when I was little. Any doubt was burned away by his otherwise harmless embers. No amount of wandering would ever compare to the desert I was proud to call my home. Through the valleys, through the hills, through the mountains, through the sees: I had searched for Eden for so long when it had been right in my heart the entire time. Gods I felt like an idiot!

When his muscles tensed I knew something was wrong. Wings were unfurled to grant me vision of him but I did not want to look at him. I did not, did not, did not want to look into his eyes and see the truth about what ever he was to say. My heart sank. That elated bliss was thrown aside as I peeked at my father. What sort of tragedy could make him look like this? Immediately I wished to take back that question as his words finally came.

Skysong.. No.. The Moon Goddess.. Why? Why?! How could this happen?! Why would a Goddess kill a mortal she was SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING? "Please say our Lord Sun God has burned her to ashes." My snarl sounded so primal and feral that I hardly even recognized my own voice. But at that moment I didn't care how I looked to the world. I didn't care what they saw when they looked at me. All I could feel was intense rage followed by a wave of guilt. If I had been there maybe this would have been different.

"She go away again." Drastic emotions numbed until there was nothing left to feel. Ma wasn't here..? No. That couldn't be. Desperately I searched for her lithe, petite form. "No, no, no. She can't be gone." Denial was strong in this one. "She'll be back. She'll be back soon.." Their family would be whole again. I had come back to fit back into my spot in the puzzle only to find many pieces missing. Why?

I dug my head into him. As if I could hide within his large frame and not have to face the cold reality that I was being forced to face. Could I go back to the days when things were simple? It doesn't work that way? Yeah.. I know. No harm in asking though. "I'll check up on my darling little siblings soon. First.. I just need.." Now I didn't even know what I wanted or needed. "Yes, I'm home. While Ma is gone I will watch over my family and offer them the same comfort she has always given us." If I was even capable of that.

Wait. What did he just say - OH HELL NO. "Ampere is the Gladiator now..?" That bitch that had spoke to her mother in an unforgivable way? Today was just full of one twist and turn after the other. Dammit. Maybe I should have came back on a different day. There was no hiding the way my nose and eyes crinkled at the mention of her name but I nodded nonetheless. "Please come with me. I wish for you to watch me fight."

The word fight sounded so right at this very moment. All of these emotions (guilt, anger, grief - wow I was a real hot mess) needed to be released somehow. Actually.. maybe.. sleep would do me well right now. And a healer cause damn I forgot how tired I was from the flight here.

Through my tired haze I suddenly thought of a "great" idea. Maybe not a smart one but it was sure to show how much I've grown. That I could be a warrior - medical condition be damned. "Actually.. Daddy.. Spar with me." I blinked before adding, "Please." Better show that I had retained SOME of the manners Ma drilled into my head.

@Gaucho

Zenobia

get tangled up in me

image credits
table by whit
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

Gaucho shook his head in an unconvincing and unsure display of emotion. The Sun, from what Gaucho could see, hadn't done anything, but the Wildfire was not one to question their deity. More happened in the realm of the Gods than Gaucho was privy to, and so the dun had let the issue lay. The God had blessed him in so many ways ... surely he hadn't overlooked Sohalia's child?

"Maybe she come back." Gaucho agreed, though in his heart he very much doubted that she would. Sohalia had simply bled out of his life - she was gone just as suddenly as she had come; as unbreakable as diamond, but just as elusive.

Gaucho accepted Zeno's embrace happily and warmly, dipping his massive skull towards to cuddle his eldest child. For all the growing she had done, she was still, his baby girl. Cradled beneath his jaw and enveloped in his wings, he could think of her no other way. However as she pulled back, seemingly spitting venom at the sound of Ampere's name, the Wildfire was confused. Surely the two had met in passing before .. but why would his daughter harbor such obvious resentment towards the blue?

"Yes. Best gladiator since me."" He grunted with amusement. Truthfully - he had never been Gladiator for very long. Only a few days actually, and then was promoted to lead, alongside Midas, all those many seasons ago. Regardless, Ampere had been doing an amazing job. Since drama was not a subject Gaucho usually concerned himself with, he ignored the tone of her voice, and instead focused on her next request.

His dark muzzle spread with pride, as he chuckled warmly. "Today Zeno rest - go get water, eat, relax. Tomorrow, meet Gaucho in Halycon Flats. We train there."

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!

It's not my place to question my Lord's actions. He probably had some justification and it was probably (or better be) a damned good one to let the Moon bitch to run free. At the same time, however, she could also have some reasoning - as messed up as it was - to committing such a horrendous murder. Part of me wanted to know more. The other half ran away. Sometimes it was better to remain ignorant than know the truth. Still.. Skysong.. Gods why did you have to take her away from us so young?

"Not maybe. She will come back. We will be a complete family again." In my heart I knew I wasn't trying to convince my father. Though my tone was strong, an unmovable force that would not be swayed by even the strongest of winds, it sounded like I was telling a story of make believe. By the way Pa acted my doubts were only worsened. But I knew Ma and I know she wouldn't just abandon us. Unlike me. She had a reason. A good reason.. which was again unlike me. "Ma loves us too much." I love her too much to listen to reason.

Memories of my mother's soft embrace were shattered when that whore was mentioned again. Not by name but her freaking title. Best gladiator since Gaucho the Wildfire? Yeah right. It would take a lot of convincing before I ever saw her as anything but the mega bitchface that had purposely tried to degrade my mother. "If she says so much as a word about Ma's disappearance.." To be honest I didn't realize I had spoken these words out loud. Instead I was too wrapped up in some vivid and lovely daydreams of tearing blue dame's mouth of. Gouging out her voice box so she could never speak - Holy shit. That was rather barbaric. I'll just.. blame the primitive part of my lineage. I glanced at my father and nodded to myself. Yeah. That would do.

The fire threatening to burn me whole only began to die down when Pa said the words I had so desperately wanted to hear. He agreed! Yes! I was going to get my ass kicked but I wasn't going down without a fight. The best way to show how strong you are is when you're faced with an opponent who could probably rip you in half. Not that Pa would do that to anyone. I hope.

Excitement caused my heart to beat erratically. I wanted to get started right now! How could I possibly wait?! Yet I knew he was right and I hated that. I'm not sure how he expected me to rest with such an epic event occurring tomorrow at the Halcyon Flats -

Wait. The Halcyon Flats..? Where the fuck was that? "Wait. Can you rewind please? Where in the world is this 'Halcyon Flats'." Certainly it wasn't in Helovia - I knew all the lands of Helovia and I've certainly never heard of this one.

@Gaucho

Zenobia

get tangled up in me

image credits
table by whit

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Zenobia has contracted GLL. She is then cured of it.
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

"Ahh, it new." Gaucho clarified, flicking his tail gently.  "It north-east of Throat. Look like a big mirror. It the land Sun God bright to us - it a good place to train." The God had thought that evil had been bled out of the mirror-like lands, and yet the crocodile beast had been there anyway. Gaucho wondered what other dangers lurked in the deceptive sands. In that, it was a good place to train - to get the lay of the land, to understand its twists and hiding places. And perhaps more importantly, to see if any other dangers lurked.

"Go. Rest. Prepare." He ordered his daughter with a proud nod of his antlered skull. Mara hissed a goodbye, and Vorsa trilled brightly - both companions were delighted in knowing that they would see the chromatic child again soon. Often there was far too long in between their visits. 

With a grunt, Gaucho pulled away from his daughter slightly. The infection that had been slowly sapping his energy. He had thought that minor amounts of rest and drinking clean water would flush his system out. But it hadn't. The dun could feel his system growing wearier and wearier, and the fog that overcame him was starting to disrupt his duties. And so, Gaucho used the little knowledge of healing he had, and decided that burning out the infection was his best course of action.  Curling his wings around himself, he beat them against his own chest and then pulled away - almost as if he was trying to mitigate the flames by pulling them outwards - a wave of fire was released at his own body - singeing hair, and heating him from the outside-in.

Although it was painful, Gaucho placed his trust in the Sun God. The fire from their deity had bled away all maladies that plagued Gaucho and his herd - why not trust him in this? 

Gaucho uses his firexwind magic on himself. 

@Random Event

Image by Yewrezz/Nikki!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Gaucho is cured of GLL!