the Rift

[OPEN] I make dis

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
ISOPIAAnd we came forth to contemplate the stars
[Open. Iso is just working on her secret hut ^^]

The days had grown warmer, but Isopia was not deceived. Soon Frostfall would come again, and she would have to dwell here in the Falls, rather than on the high cliffs of the Edge. That wasn't the only reason that she had begun this construction project; privacy was her key concern. The girl would happily freeze all winter long knowing that her whereabouts were hidden - but having a place to stay warm and dry was a nice enough goal to work towards.

Already the foundation and walls had been constructed. She needed a little bit more reinforcing, and would need to build the roof, but all in all, things were shaping up quite quickly and nicely. As she moved into the clearing where her hut was located, she looked longingly at the hot-tub that she had created last season with Volterra. Her golden gaze grew docile and void for a moment as her mind overlapped the current scene, with the image of their two massive bodies huddled so closely together in the rocky-pool. Isopia didn't even notice that she had been holding her breath, and hastily she let it go with a shake of her quad-horned skull.

She was here for a reason - to bring balance. Like her ashen cousin Aithniel, it consumed her daily. But lately another thought had been consuming her mind (although more properly it was consuming her body. Her mind actively rallied against the pent-up feelings of sexual frustration), and so she threw herself harder into her work to try and compensate.

From around the circumference, Iso gathered branches, dead leaves and grasses, and anything else that she could find which would would help with construction.

Will be using a personal magic crafting slot + rank magic to add +2 large items (the roof + extra wall support)

able style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

All Isopia has to do is look up from her concentrations and to the side -- she'd see Imonada, in her most natural of habitats, quietly watching her work. What is a grounded raven if not a fox instead? She wasn't much good at anything other than sneaking about and remembering things, the latter even often threatened by her mentally altering proclivities. Streamlined and of premiere stock, she is seemingly cut from the very fabric of night, a pegasus of bottomless black from her sleek coat taut over lean musculature to wavy tresses in inky cascades, nary a speck save the whites of eyes beneath a sweep of sooty lashes. Large, velvety wings remain tucked to her trim sides as she stands, placidly, between twisted ash trees that whisper and shiver in the warm breeze. A small shadow jutting from between the underbrush, even when alighted by the day -- nothing to outshine her darkness.

A clear Midday Tallsun has decorated her decolletage and flank in a glassy bead-work of sweat, while the sweet folksy scent of worked earth laid over with moonshine yarrow and pink gaura assault her senses, congealing with the sultry summer heat that hangs in the air like laundry out to dry. A pair of crows noisily argue in the treetops while squirrels scamper across branches, but it is lazy and subdued here, a true retreat.

It may not be immediately obvious, but Imonada is completely stoned, which could account for her neutral pacified expression juxtaposed brilliantly against eyes that shone with intense interest in the larger demi-god's ministrations. She looks quite content being the watcher, admiring the laid foundations and the effort the mare toils. It doesn't occur to her yet to offer any help; after all, the textures appearing out of the nascent hut are very interesting.

elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

The earthen-girl continued to work, unaware of the presence of another. Although Isopia valued her privacy, she had not yet learned how to be sensitive to the deceptive arts of those around her. In fact, she was actually quite bad at it. So many in her herd - and indeed generally those that she met - found her so odd and obtuse, that they usually steered clear. She was no social butterfly, and wasn't even a wallflower. Hardly any even knew who she was (although as a general rule when they learned of her lineage, they became a great deal more forgiving of her oddities).

With a grunt of effort, the demi-God narrowed her golden-hued eyes as she stared at the structure. Nostrils flaring, she wove her magic deep into the supports, causing them to glow brightly for a moment before dimming back down. Tendrils of heat now radiated outwards from the hut. Although it wasn't needed now, it soon would be when the winds of OrangeMoon and the snows of FrostFall came.

Will I even be here then? She wondered silently, recalling one of Volterra's questions. If he had asked her to become an outcast ... would she? Shaking her quad-horned skull the girl tried to erase these thoughts from her mind. She had a duty here, and although she didn't not consider this herd her family, nor did she submit to the obligations they bestowed upon her, nevertheless she knew that she could not just up and leave them, no matter how badly she might want to.

able style by Tamme! Image Credits

Byrneve

Oddities and the odd were Imonada's obsession. Isopia was doomed from the very beginning, her aloofness the other girl's intrigue...

She was loathe to interrupt the deep, critical thoughts of another, mired in their work so, engulfing themselves in the process while their ruminating mind obsessively tore apart conversations and events. She did not need to peek inside Isopia's skull to know the other raven was throwing herself into the construction, so skillfully focused, her passion laid bare for those with the ability to see it for what it truly is. This alone, what she could see, was as equally fascinating as the artful result such deep concentrations wrought. What was driving this god-child? What was she mulling over as she poured her lifeblood into this new creation? Imonada had to know; but she was tactful, all things considered, and a proper segue was in order. All things in good time.

She waited longer for a decent moment to show her hand, as inconsequential as before. There was something decidedly delicate about this situation and the realization only made it more so. Isopia had sent a clear message about her desire for others at the moment, secluding herself away, burying herself in labor. It was a difficult boundary to dance upon; leave her be or interact? But... if she was cast away, she would honor it, so was there any major harm in probing a bit before coming to that end?

When Isopia sets a glow to the structure that radiates such an exquisite warmth --even in the Tallsun heat, it was superseded by a dizzying layer soaked in magic that was felt deeper than the breath of fire that stoked across her skin-- before standing back to survey her product, Imonada seizes the opportunity to make herself known.

"Hello," the tiny black pegasus offers, moving out of her shrouded domain and further into Isopia's; she stands away, facing the masked raven, affording the other mare a respectful amount of room even while she no longer remains at an impersonal, observant, detached distance. "You've much enviable skill." With a lazy flick of her gossamer tail, she takes a good long look at the hut with keen attention; she may not know a lick of the trade, but she feigns it well. "I was watching you for awhile, as creepy as that sounds..." A self-depreciating chuckle chuffs its way out from her nostrils. She was gifted in her own way, but for all the magnitude of capable feats, awkwardness often came hand in hand; ingrained so deeply that even a good, heady buzz couldn't muffle it. "There is something about those who can create, to make real their imaginings... That bridge, I do not have it. You do, though. I'm Imonada."

*hugs* sorry for the delay, had a hectic week!
*falls in love with isopia sry not sry*

@Random Event for HFH ; no magic or touch yet
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

As Imonada's words broke through Iso's silent contemplation, her entire frame of mind immediately shifted.

Her ears pinned against her head, and her tired muscles contracted and hardened. Her massive frame rotated on her feathered hind-legs as she spun, her narrow chest halting in a line from where the ebony pegasus was sliding from the shadows. Isopia had thought the reclusive nature of both herself and her hut would dissuade others from ever coming here. Apparently she was wrong.

She had been watched.

And while did didn't find it creepy as the dark mare suggested, she did find it an invasion of her privacy; something she took very seriously. Was there a way to forbid this intrusions from happening? A warning system? Automatic lasers? If nothing else, all she wanted was a way to know if she was being sneaked up on.

There is something about those who can create, to make real their imaginings... That bridge, I do not have it. You do, though. I'm Imonada.

"Okay." She offered, her voice academic and clinically cold sounding.

So you can't even help me with this. Isopia thought through gritted teeth. Her large golden eyes peered through her death-marked features, studying the inky mare. She clearly wasn't here to learn - as evidenced by her self-admitted lack of skill, and she wasn't here to deliver a message - or she would have done so already, then why was it that she had been watching. And for so long? Did she know who Isopia was? Was that why she offered her own name, but didn't ask for the earthen-girl's? Was this some weird fanaticism? Did the dark mare have some ties to Iso's Father? Or, unlikely but not impossibly, her Mother?

"Do you need something?" She asked after a time, her weary muscles loosening slightly as the mare presented no obvious threat.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Byrneve

Oh so sensitive, she can feel the annoyance radiating off the other mare like the hot rays of the Tallsun. She noticeably shies away when Isopia turns to confront her, so tall and imposing, and in response turns her head and drops her gaze respectfully, the demi-god's displeasure sour upon her own palate. Although she expected this outcome, one of many she tallied for possibility, she still felt it deeply -- even if, detached, she figured this was how the mare was with others in general. Her streak of bravery, however, comes in handy and she gathers her fledgling courage. "Do you need someone to talk to?" It's blurted out suddenly, accompanying a shy shuffle of one fore-hoof over the other, scratches being scored into the crumbly dry earth. "No. I guess not. You don't seem like the type who wouldn't go after what she needed or wanted." There's a subtle wince, then as she verbally back-peddles, quickly. "Not that I would presume to know much of anything about you, but it's that's my current assessment."

Drawn back to the building, she silently admires Isopia's handiwork, meanwhile churning over options for a smoother conversation. She wasn't made to attack head-on, bullishly, in any aspect of her life; handling others was an artform, even if she was not yet a master of the craft. There would be another opportunity to glean the woman's name, among other things -- this was give and take, after all, assuming the other was even willing to give. "I need a lot of things," she laughs, melodically and mournfully, in a subdued way. "But I wouldn't worry about what I want, if I were you. It's inconsequential to you, anyway, isn't it?" There's no accusation in her voice, completely nonjudgmental, just plain honesty with a pinch of genuine interest.

Oblivious to the specific scorn concerning her ability to be useful, she offers anyway: "Do you need anything? I saw a blueberry bush a few meters back. I can show you, if you're hungry after all that work." Still she maintains relative neutrality, if not a bit dazed from her drugs. "I'm new here, in Hidden Falls," she provides politely, "And in Helovian in general, I guess. I was sick and Brisa found me and here I am." 

.. Not to mention contracting Green Labyrinth Lung, the incident with the stallion Panzram, being cured, stumbling upon a crocodile god...

Portrait template base by Wild-Hearts
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh