the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Place for Us

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Three years ago this very season, Alysanne had stumbled across Helovia. She had been greeted by the most delightful combination of faces (once Kahlua had stopped her crying). So much had changed since then but what had she really done to give back to the herd that had taken her in? She became a healer, certainly, and did what she could - forever under the shadow of Resplendence.

Not any more, unless it was just the memory of the meek mare, but still she had not moved from the shadows.

It felt like she was thawing after a long winter, a slow process that had begun late in Birdsong and which was picking up now. Finally she was returning to something like her former self. She wasn’t normally the brooding, grudge-holding mare that she had been since the invasion.

She was thinner than usual, even after the lush Birdsong, but the fact was easily concealed under her wings. The physical tolls that her anger and guilt had on her were things that she was not willing to share - carefully hidden as best as they could be from her daughter, her twin, and any other members of the herd. Thankfully, Hemlock could not rat her out.

Gaining back the weight would have to wait, though, she had other things to do. Soon after sunrise, the pegasus stirred from the nest that she slept in beneath a great Douglas-fir - the nest being a wild tangle of grass and flowers that fed off of the magic she leeched into the soil.

Hemlock, ever her guardian, hopped around on his branch and made known his usual concern. “No, dear one, I’m fine today. Will you do me a favour though? Help me find Evangeline?” Unconvinced about her response, he nonetheless hooted his assent. He much preferred the friends of Aly without dragons but if it got his bonded up and talking to someone else he wasn’t going to complain.

After swooping down to tug at her mane affectionately, he took off through the evergreens in search of the chestnut mare, her fellow Moon Doctor.

Alysanne left her sleeping area as well, seeking a sunnier spot in the Edge where she could feel the breeze off of the sea and enjoy the warmth from the sun.
Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3

for @Evangeline, meeting of the Moon Doctors :D
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

The last time Evangeline had been so close to the cliffs that she could hear the ocean waves crashing on the rocks below had been before the invasion. It was when Kaj and Archibald and Kahlua all held their respective titles of King and Queen. It was back when she respected them, but that time had long since passed and her respect had been shattered when the first drop of innocent blood had hit the grass in the Falls. She tried not to dwell on it, but she dwelled and she was bitter because they hadn't even given her a chance. Why give her the title of Emissary when she wasn't included in important decisions or allowed to find diplomatic solutions to their problems? It was just to appease her, she'd decided sometime after she'd made it back to the Edge for the first meeting with the new kings. They did it to appease her when Aurelia became Seer because they knew she wasn't qualified. 

Evangeline snorted and she stepped closer to the edge of the cliffs and looked down at the waves. Among those waves she could see the glint of orange scales as Tallis hunted for his breakfast. She always found it odd that the dragon preferred the taste of fish over red meat and sometimes she wished that he hated fish if only because she hated having slimy scales stuck to her sides and back.

The copper mare head a hoot from somewhere in the trees behind her so she turned away from the cliff edge and looked back toward the trees. Owls, she knew, were not normally active during the day so her mind immediately went to thinking about those that she knew to be bonded. The only ones that came to mind with an owl companion were Mauja, the new king, and Alysanne, her fellow moon doctor. She found herself hoping that it was former. "Alysanne?"

"."

Evangeline the Pure
so now maybe after all these years
if you miss me have no fear
i'll be here
i'll be waiting

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

“Hello Evangeline.” Alysanne smiled at the other mare - though the gesture was chilly without her once-permanent warmth, it was still kind. She had no quarrel with this mare, one of the few that had chosen to come back to the Edge. She wondered if Evangeline too felt the consuming quiet that had sucked out life from the Pegasus in the last few seasons. Coming to a stop a few lengths away, she did her best to add a little bit of warmth into her expression. “How are you?” The question was equally an reflex action, something she knew she should ask, and one she genuinely wanted to know the answer to. Hemlock lighted upon her wings, carefully keeping an eye out for the orange dragon he knew should be somewhere nearby.

“I know we haven’t spoken since…” Well, how long had it been? Had it really been since they had come back from the Falls that day? She scowled at herself and her poor memory (and even poorer social skills as of late) before finding a smile once more. “Since we both became Moon Doctors, at least. I suppose it’s time we talked about the healers?” Her voice raised toward the end of the sentence, turning it into a question. She was rather unsure about how to go about this - Resplendence had always been in charge. If Alysanne did anything to help, it was at the bidding of the pink mare. Now she was on even ground with Evangeline and the missing Ayelet, and she had no idea what to do.

Self doubt was so restricting. Having it was a new sensation for her - for almost a decade of her life she had managed without it. But lately she had managed to tap into a whole host of negative emotions she had never needed before: bitterness, anger, confusion… How did anyone manage to be productive with such thoughts within their minds?

Well, for now she would see what Evangeline’s thoughts were on the matter - perhaps she had a bit more experience and could start them off with an idea.
Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Hello." The orange mare echoed the greeting offered by the other Moon Doctor, but she couldn't seem to muster even a fake smile to mimic the one plastered on Alysanne's face. How could she pretend to be happy when she wasn't? On top of the bitterness she still felt for the invasion, Thor had disappeared and her children were nowhere to be found. It seemed her history was bound to repeat itself over and over again and there was nothing that she could do about it.

"I know we haven't spoken since..."

"Since we walked back here after the invasion." Eva murmured. It was at that moment that Tallis finally came back, a fish clutched in this sharply clawed hands. He trilled his greeting to Alysanne and the owl that his sharp eyes caught perched on her wing. The dragon lowered himself carefully toward the winged doctor, testing her to make sure she would allow him to land upon her withers so he could get a closer look at the owl. His dark eyes looked from the owl to the fish he was holding, then back to the owl. His jaws opened and he bit a chunk out of his catch then extended his neck to offer it to the owl.

Evangeline stood by watching the exchange, but her attention shifted back to Alysanne when she suggested that they talk about the healers. "I suppose we should." She agreed, but what was there for them to talk about? "Do we even have anyone besides us that are interested in healing?" She supposed that was the best place to begin. They could move on from there.

"."

ooc://
lemme know if i need to edit anything

Evangeline the Pure
so now maybe after all these years
if you miss me have no fear
i'll be here
i'll be waiting

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Alysanne

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request

When the chestnut mare followed her line of thought, finishing her sentence, the false smile on Alysanne’s face faded away. She doubted that this bitterness that rose like bile in her throat would ever truly fade, it still felt so strong although time was passing faster and faster - separating her from the events that had divided her family. It was burning inside her still, the fire never really fading, and she wondered if it was the same for Evangeline, if it was the same for everyone. Jealousy, hatred, bitterness - they were all new emotions for her and she had fought for the last few seasons trying to battle them and losing the fight.

She did smile, though, when Tallis came toward her. A small nod to him to allow him to land safely. Hemlock fluffed up his feathers at first, remembering his first experiences with Resplendence’s dragon that had soured him against the species. Slowly, so slowly, he began to settle when it looked like the orange dragon had no interest in causing trouble for him or Aly. Tallis was even offering the owl a bit of his food. Cautiously, keeping a wary black eye on the dragon at all time and flinching back whenever there was too much movement, Hemlock took the piece of fish - tossing his head back and swallowing it whole. A delighted clicking noise

Evangeline seemed to be at the same loss that Alysanne felt, which was comforting in a truly distressing way. Since when did she rejoice in seeing another in pain, in confusion? She knew that she should be comforting Evangeline, trying to make her feel better, working harder with her to give them both purpose. But where she stood now, she was just happy to have someone drowning with her. “I don’t even know anymore. There were others, but I haven’t checked to see whether anyone stuck around after the Invasion.” Everyone had left. Everyone except for Evangeline. Kahlua had stayed but now she was gone again, and even then the cheery mare hadn’t been overly interested in healing anyway. “I haven’t been a very good Moon Doctor.” Alysanne confessed bitterly, her face twisted into a frown. “Or herd member.”

Her mind grasped for something else, some idea that she could focus on. She wondered if Evangeline needed the distraction as much as she did. “I suppose we should hold a meeting then, see who is interested? What they all know?”

Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme