the Rift

[OPEN] Monsters don't hide under the bed.

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Dreams paint the sky in the brightest colours. They are the dreams of crimson, gold, ivory and violets. Mixing together and creating the most beautiful colour show known to none but the Dreamwalker.

The sun's warm glow splintered across the land, bouncing over the hills of sand and catching the odd drifts of sand that danced in the wind. The winter had come and gone and not too long ago the sandy girl had risen on the first day of Tallsun. Shaking the sand from her coat, first she'd take a short trip to the oasis and soothe her parched throat. A cool breeze ticked her skin, yet the heat of the day still nipped at her heels - it was promising to be a scorcher. Standing under the branches of a thick tree where she had slept the night before, she tipped her head back and studied the clear blue sky.

Being a twin meant (at least for Aelin) that she was always concerned about what her brother was up too. Having Hawke as your twin meant you were also worried about your other half's emotional state. Often she worried that her brother felt as if he were an alien creature, one without a place within this world. His curious magic (or curse as some may see it) caused the strangest effects upon his body as night fell. While hers was life, light and creation and his was death, darkness and ruin. Polar opposites, yet their affections for one another did not weaken with each day, they grew stronger.

Now seven months the girl had finaly begun to grow out of her baby features, a darker coat, brighter and larger eyes, a wider face and deeper chest - the first signs of her psychical maturity. Emotionally she was no longer quite as rambunctious with her feelings as before, within a short amount of time she'd settled into her home and role as daughter, sister and friend. Speckled wings tucked tightly against her side the girl drops her gaze from the clear sky. With a gently sigh she pushes her sleepy limbs into motion, heading towards the drink she so desired. The night had been nice and cool but there still had been enough heat to dry her mouth and throat out and as the sun continued to burn through the day she would only become thirstier. The girl had quickly discovered that The Dragon's Throat was not an easy place to live during the warmer time of year, Fortunately she'd inherited sturdiness and stubbornness from both. It would not be the heat that ended up as her final foe, not if the girl had any say in it. 

As she wondered through the sandy plains towards the oasis, the girl ponded upon the worries that clouded her mind. The worry for her brother and his mental and emotional state, the worry for her parents and if the wondered where she was. They'd never expressed much concern for her wellbeing if she remained within the herds land, perhaps they trusted the family here to keep an eye on each other's young. Still, the girl knew she should visit her mother soon, perhaps ask her father about fighting and ruling should a sun touched land. After all the girl admired each member of her blood family while she held a tremendous amount of respect for the higher ranked officials within their society. The sandy girl was not vain or presumed to know more that she did, if fact whenever others were willing to share their knowledge with her she lapped it up greedily. The desire was (and she liked to think herself very clever for reaching this conclusion) that should the time ever come when she needed to speak with a god, engage in battle or heal an ally then she'd have the knowledge in her hands. Although the idea of speaking with a god terrified her! 

Pausing atop a dune she sighed a little sadly when she found there was no one else around so early in the morning. Still the hope that someone would stumble upon her and want to play remained. Making her way down the dune she came to a halt in front of the water and took a few quick but greedy gulps, allowing the water to splash her front and dribble down her chest. 

For only she can see the beauty of true desires.
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
Dear Sun Lord. What in the heavens was I doing awake so early in the morning? Well, I don't know me. That's a very good question. Let's ask the irrational part of my mind that would not let me fall back to sleep. Imagine if it worked that way. You could just talk to your body like, "Hey. What up? Can ya, y'know, stop doing what you're doing? That'd be swell." I mean I could do that right now but holding a conversation with yourself was just plain odd. Crazy even. Wait.. wasn't that what I was doing now? No, no. This is different. Yeah. For certain.

Moving onto a different subject that doesn't question my sanity..

Considering that I was awake now and couldn't fall back to sleep for the life of me, I might as well explore my homelands. While I highly doubt the landscape has changed (oh gods how I've missed the warm sand on my back) there were probably many new faces I did not know. Being the noob in this herd was going to be so weird. I was birthed here. Then again it was my own fault that I was stuck in this position.

Ughh.

Was anyone even awake this early? Besides Pa who had probably already scanned the borders three times over now. What a workaholic.. although I couldn't stop the warm smile that twitched onto my face at these thoughts. It was so freakin' great to be back. As I flew over the desolate lands my blue eyes eagerly searched for any soul I could annoy introduce myself to.

It was time to start anew and make a name for myself! A title that wasn't simply "Gaucho's first born." Starting today my legend in the Dragon's Throat began. Soon enough mother's would be telling my legacy to their children and I will forever be immortalized - Wait. Legacy.. immortalized.. What I'm thinking about would happen after I died. Okay. Uh. Scratch out that last part.

The oasis was like a flame to a mouth for the Dragon Throat's horses. If anyone was going to be out and about they'd probably stop by at the fresh supply of water. Heck - just thinking about it made my lips suddenly parched.

In the horizon I spotted the water and.. was that a small dot? Brown dot? A wild animal, perhaps. Or a member of the herd. Maybe waking up this early would have its perks. Large wings beat faster as I raced towards the shape. The closer I got the more features I began to see.

Heart sporadically pulsing, I was extra careful with my landing. Considering the way my head was spinning I didn't want to fall and look like a fool. I've probably been pushing myself too hard these passed few days but.. Oh well.

"Hello-" Abruptly I cut myself off. Wait.. the foal's age and her beautiful brown coating. "Aelin? My little Aelin? Is that you?" While I was fairly certain it was her I was also unsure. Wow that made perfect sense. The last time I had seen her she had just recently been born. Now look at her! If.. if this really was her.

Please let it be my little Aelin. Let me start reuniting with my family as soon as possible.

@Aelin
Zenobia
quote quote

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Outcast
Frostie

Aelin

Dreams paint the sky in the brightest colours. They are the dreams of crimson, gold, ivory and violets. Mixing together and creating the most beautiful colour show known to none but the Dreamwalker.

The water washed the sand away from her throat and chest, it wasn't long before the girl was ankle deep in the water. A smile pulled at the corner of her lips, it was refreshing after experiencing such a dry night. Trotting along the shore she came to stand under the shade of a large tree, here she decided to wait for the sun to rise and fall. The coming and goings of those visiting the oasis would surely be interesting, and (for some reason unknown to the girl) she liked watching others going about their daily business. Of course this was where she was also most likely to find a play mate for the day. 

The sound of wings beating caused the girl to turn and watch a lightly shaded stranger flying rather hurriedly towards her. Frowning the shady princess wondered about the seemingly desperation that took ahold of the female's movements, the closer the mare got the more Aelin backed away. Distantly she wondered if it was the bizarre creature's goal to plow into her and the begin attacking, it wouldn't be the first time a fight had randomly began. Only it would be the first time the chocolate girl would be involved in a psychical brawl. 

As the stranger (almost crash) landed beside her the girl tripped over her own legs in her hurrying to get out of the mare’s way. Silence for a second and the girl took the time to study the other, noticing the way they were similarly shaded, dark legs that blended into a lighter body, dark hair with lighter strips blended into the dark strands and the way she quite similar to Hawke. Frowning with confusion the girl kept her duel coloured eyes on the stranger, stunned into silence. 

Thankfully the other broke the ice with a warm greeting. Yet as soon as she had begun speaking the mare’s feminine voice stopped rather abruptly. True enough she was recognised on occasion by the higher ranking officials within the herds but she also often knew who they were. Yet Aelin didn’t believe she’d ever seen this mare before, although she doubted her father would allow a dangerous individual through the borders. Something about the mare’s body language suggested shock and…joy?

"Oh." It was a startled breath that left her lips, her eyes widening at the new comer who was quickly approaching. The sound of her own name caused the girl to glance around hoping Hawke might suddenly appear out of thin air as he often did. Swallowing down her shock the girl tired to stop shrinking into herself, honestly she was already tiny and didn’t need to get any smaller. Being referred to as ‘my little Aelin’ didn’t sit quite right with the young girl, who narrowed her eyes staring suspiciously at the female who knew her name. 

"Yes, I'm Aelin." Still staring at the strange mare the girl took a step back, nervously she glanced around. True she'd come here looking for a play mate but it was alarming to be discovered by a stranger who already knew her name. It was such a strange feeling, like this unknown mare had a certain hold over her. "How do you know my name?" Voice strengthen a little she started straight back at the mare, trying to appear confident rather than spooked. "Who are you?"

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
I was too absorbed with her answer - "Yes, I'm Aelin" - that I wasn't aware how much of a creeper I must look right now. Especially since I was staring. Like really, really intensely. If she wasn't getting stalker vibes then her instincts were totally out of whack. Gods if I could see myself I'd slap a wing over my face and groan at the stupid, silly grin plastered on my face. Sometimes it was better to remain painfully oblivious to anything outside of your tunnel vision.

The youngest Princess of the Sands had been born with title in mind. Much like the sands, soft and light dun colors painted the filly unlike the rather blank canvas my coat represented. Although still in the middle of growing, I could already see the delicate shape of our mother. And her eyes! Oh, her gorgeous mismatched eyes. Strange to some but oh so natural to me and bringing forth a sense of nostalgia. Ma..

Blowing a white forelock away from my eyes, I let out a small sigh. Of course she didn't remember who I was. I had hoped and prayed my father had told my siblings about me, but if he did he had left out my appearance. Reunions, I was beginning to learn, were bittersweet. It left my ears pressed against my skull as if that would block out the words. If only it worked that way. If only I hadn't been gone for so long because of my selfish needs.

Pride settled in my heart as, while the girl was clearly spooked, she managed to keep a strength to her voice. She didn't back away nor run from the weirdo whom had addressed her in such endearing terms. "Inavva." came my quiet response. The native words of our father came with ease, rolling off my tongue as if I myself was born from the faraway lands.

"Zenobia." I announced my name proudly. My namesake was that of an ancient warrior queen, Ma had once explained to me. "First born of Gaucho and Sohalia." I spoke clearly, carefully enunciating each word. "I am your sister, shekhikhi." As if that wasn't obvious enough. I knew she wasn't stupid but shock and surprise could leave a brain in turmoil. Well, at least, it did for me.

A wave of nerves made me shift my weight from side to side. Would she accept me? Question after question begged to be answer but I stilled my tongue and quietly watched the young filly.

translation inavva - sister. shekhikhi - little light.

@Aelin
Zenobia
electric shock. no, i can't get enough.

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Outcast
Frostie

Aelin

The stare that held Aelin in place was intense, the girl had continued to back away from the staring mare. Yet in many ways the girl felt as if she couldn't put enough distance between herself and the wild creeping, yet she was courious as to how (and why) the mare knew who she was. Why the mare was so excited to see her when aside from the odd journey, he sandy girl hardly ever left The Throat. 

Agin the girl studied the mare, the lighter coat that blended into darker legs and face. The wild hair that clashed against the mare's body and the sky blue eyes that strongly reminded her of Hawke and her father. Around her the dust motes and sand gathered and swirled - the effect of her passive magic. While the tree that shaded her bled it's colour into the world, the little girl was small but she effected the world in ways that others could sometimes hardly even comprehend. 

The mare sighed and blew the white forelock out of her eyes, making the young girl feel as if she'd disappointed the mare somehow. As the mare spoke again it was in a language she neither knew or understood, frowning the girl simply waited in silence. Finally a name was given, and Aelin critically pondered on the unusual name until the information that this strange mare was her sister brought her rudely back to the present. The first born of her mother and father, a sister - no her sister that she'd never met? Suspicion filled the sandy girl, why would she never be introduced to this mare if she was a sister? 

"If you're my sister," Aelin stepped a little closer to the mare. "Why have we never met before?" So far out of all of her siblings she'd only met Rhoa and of course she and Hawke were attached at the hip. "Why haven't you been around?" After all the little girl had never even seen this mare before. If she was a daughter of Gaucho and Sohalia she would have been in The Throat, she should live here. Right? Perhaps the little girl was being rude, but often her curiosity took over and the need to be polite came in second place. 

"You're a little strange." The filly finally remarked. Perhaps the pot was calling the kettle black but everyone adores a hypocrite.