the Rift

Couldn't Hide the Emptiness [Open]

Lithium Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

L I T H I U M
you let it show

Large, black eyes watched from a distance as the other equines milled about among the trees. A battered, upper lip curled as if he tasted a lemon. It disgusted him, this ritual of sorts but he was told that this was the best way for him to join a herd. Each one was approached by another equine or two and then they went away, led to their newest destination. He felt extremely small to have his fate decided by some random stranger. Someday he hoped to be the one to gather all of these lost souls, to hold all the power in their future.

The grey brute stood away from the rest of the group that gathered. He almost wished to disappear into the treeline but that would defeat the purpose of his goal. So he waited to be approached and after a while he started to worry. Now Lithium would never admit this fact to anyone, let alone himself, but he was extremely concerned no one would want the gangly colt. His whole body looked rough, small cuts and bruises covered many parts of his body. Nearly all of these scraps would eventually heal, none were deep enough to scar but yet he looked a little deranged. Plus, he knew he had to be on his best behavior, but Lithium was also no push over.

Briefly he sighed and looked at the ground. He decided to wait a few more minutes to see if anyone would approach him. If not he would continue on and try to figure out another plan.

OOC: Sorry this was a little rough, getting back into role playing and this site is a little different than what I'm used to.  Looking for a herd for him that will help grow and foster the darkness in him.  Also preferably a herd that is very battle oriented/physical.  Thanks!

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

Iona had yet to return to this place since coming through Threshold herself. She had made the journey from the Threshold to the Edge on foot, and had made a note to make a return trip from above.  The painted Pegasus had an almost compulsive need to know every single inch of this place, so today she found herself in the air - retracing her steps.  It was a habit, perhaps, but a habit that served her well.  Iona wasn’t one to be caught unaware.  Certainly not now – not after her experience.

The pegasi, too, had a rough appearance from the outside.  Unlike Lithium, Iona’s battle-scars had left their mark.  She had ugly scars down the right side of her right neck and around both of her wing joints from when they had been broken.  The scars didn’t bother her and she did very little to hide them, but she imagined they could be intimidating to those who didn’t know the story behind them - a story that she rarely shared with those outside a very small personal circle. 

As she grew nearer to the Threshold, Iona shifted course and descended, figuring that she may as well peruse the individuals lingering in the forest before she made her way back home.  She wasn’t one hell-bent on recruiting, but she was determined to be helpful.  She found a break in the trees and angled herself carefully shifting between branches and gracefully making her way to the ground, landing quietly and quickly folding her great wings tightly against her sides.

Her green eyes flicked quickly between gatherings of equines of all shapes and sizes, not lingering on any one group for very long.  It seemed like each herd had a well-rehearsed sales pitch for each newcomer.  Iona was lucky in the sense she entered the Threshold with a narrow-minded goal of simply finding her twin sister and had avoided that particular aspect of this place.

However one did catch her eye – a solitary stallion, standing about her height -  before she decided to call it a day and head back home to Aly and Naerys, she decided to see what he was about. The mare let her vivid green eyes linger over the younger stallion, taking in the cuts and bruises that littered his frame. If she had an eyebrow, she would have raised one.  “Did someone chase you here?” she asked, with a wry smile.  She didn’t mean to be rude.  That was just…Iona.  How typical she’d use something that could potentially be insulting as an icebreaker.  There wasn’t much in the way of a filter when it came to the black and white mare.  She’d seen too much in her time to be polite all the time.  However, by the looks of him, he could handle it - or at least that's what she hoped.  “I’m Iona – of the Edge.  Welcome to Helovia.  What’s your name?”

I O N A
Lines || Tags:

@Lithium
Welcome! Do you want to be tagged in replies :)

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Unregistered

L I T H I U M
you let it show

Just as he was about to give up, a strong gust of wind whipped by him and he watched the slender female land delicately to the ground. For a moment he was extremely jealous of her large, beautiful wings. Lithium had always envied those that could take to the sky. It would be so easy to get away if he had those large wings...

He snapped back to reality his eyes only lingering on the mare for a few more seconds before scanning the crowd once more. They were so dull, almost lifeless as they waited and he could hardly stand it any more. But just as he had finally come to the resolution to leave, she appeared in front of him. It almost shocked him that she had approached and he had been so unaware of her. Though the stallion collected himself quickly, never letting his surprise show to her. It was a foolish move of him to not be more aware of his surroundings and he scolded himself heavily for it. Sometimes he truly forgot he was only a child, a mere two years old.

"No." he replied flatly to her comment, his own black eyes locking with her green. Ears shot flat against his skull and he pursed his lips as he studied the mare now that she was closer. His first thought was that she was beautiful, until he noted her scars which littered her body. These scars made him extremely interested, most woman he knew were not fighters.

"I'm Lithium. It's a pleasure to meet you Iona." It was an awkward phrase for him to utter, so formal. "Did you get drug here as well?" he said, raising his "eyebrow" to her in defiance with a small grin on his lips.

OOC: Sure! Dumb question... is there a special way to tag people in posts? 

@IONA

“Good to meet you, Lithium,” Iona managed, using her manners (for once) and politely dipping her head in greeting to the young, silver stallion.  However, all measure of formality broke at his next words and mischief flickered in her bright green eyes.

She let out a dry, raspy laugh – a strange sound for the pegasus as she didn’t laugh often.  “I was dragged here, in a manner of speaking, by my twin sister.  She’s in the Edge too – she’s a healer.  I’m, well…” she paused, trying to find the right words, “I’m not a healer.”  She shifted her wings, unconsciously, as she spoke.  Of course, Aly hadn’t been the one who had caused the scarring.  Not directly at least.  Protecting Aly had caused such horiffic injuries.  Vengance had caused some of the others. And it was Alysanne that drew Iona to Helovia after years of looking for revenge that did nothing to soothe a wary soul.  So the boy was right on a level far beyond cuts and bruises.  Shaking the thoughts from her clouded mind, Iona redirected to the here and now.

“Are you looking for something in particular in Helovia?” she asked, genuinely curious as to what brought a young stallion to Helovia.  Iona had been so single-minded in her journey to Helovia it made her curious about what draw this place had to other individuals.  “If you’re looking for a place to call home, you’d be welcome in the Edge.  The herd is always growing – and there’s a place for everyone. Healers and not healers,” she added, with another mischevious smile. Though she didn’t know much of anything about the young stallion, she suspected that he was more oriented toward her own sensibilities than her sister’s.  “It’s a smaller herd but our patron Goddess is basically the baddest bitch around, so it’s not a bad place to be,” the painted mare added, with a wink.

“Plus I haven’t even mentioned the view…” there was a distinctly teasing note to her tone, but it was wistful too.  The sea-cliffs had become one of Iona’s favorite features of the World’s Edge.  She could spend hours listening to the sea crash against the sheer rocks while letting the salty air pour over her.  It was her happy place, of sorts.  The mare smiled again, but this time allowed the newcomer the opportunity to weigh in on the offer.   Of course if he mentioned he was searching for something else, Iona would do her best to facilitate – she wouldn’t abandon the poor kid in the threshold.  She was many things, but cruel certainly wasn’t one of them.

I O N A
Lines 

@Lithium
To tag just add @ and the character's name! like @ Iona but without the space :)
(sorry couldn't reply last night! 13 hour work day and a birthday dinner afterwards!)

image credit 

Unregistered

L I T H I U M
you let it show

When she dipped her head, he dipped his also, a fraction of a second later.  He looked rather clumesy with the gesture, having very rarely performed it.  To be honest he had totally forgot his manners, his mother hadn't thought those were important skills.  

Her general explanation of how she came to Helovia did nothing to address the scars, but Lithium understood not wanting to divulge such information.  Perhaps the wounds were still too fresh in her mind.  A little tick in Lithium compelled him to question her more, dig deeper until he knew the true reason for the scars.  It was a sick part of him, one that he normally could control.  This moment was no different than the rest.  He cocked his head to the side, showing that he accepted her explanation without argument.  "I'm not a healer either." he said with a small, satisfied smirk.  Can one imagine the indignation of such a strong stallion becoming nothing but a healer!

"I am looking for a place to call home, where I can become a great fighter.  I need a home with lots of opportunities for advancement."  he grinned, his imagination flashing to him standing above a large herd of warriors.  Yes he needed somewhere that would appreciate his talents and not just leave him to some low ranking guard position.  Lithium was made for much more than that.

"The Edge sounds very interesting.  I'd love to here more about this Goddess of yours, if you'll take me there."  He truly liked this mare, which was a huge thing for him.  Lithium didn't get along with many equines but there was something about this mare that made him feel very comfortable.  He would have easily followed her to any herd she suggested.

OOC: Totally fine! (: I have been swamped with tests so I definitely understand having no time! 

@Iona

“There are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the Edge, work isn’t without reward.”  She knew that to many this was an important concept – it had been her driving force as her youth.  That’s how she had risen so high in the ranks of the Resistance – the desire for power and prestige.  She still wanted many of those things, but her priorities had shifted somewhat.  The once vengeful mare was now focused in protecting her family – and by extension her herd – from behind the scenes.  This is what had led her to pursue the espionage ranks upon relocating to Helovia.  She now chose to fight from the shadows instead of the front lines, and surprisingly found she had little difficulty in making the transition.

However, the Edge could use spark like that that Lithium brought.  She suspected that he would be a good addition to her ranks, and she was pleased that she had decided to accompany her home.  “The Edge is the western herd – on the cliffs by the sea.  It will take the better part of the day to get there, but I promise it’s worth the trip.  And  I can fill in all the details about the Goddess – or find someone who knows more details than I have – as soon as we arrive.”

The painted mare was thankful that she’d already made the trip by foot.  Her niece, Naerys, had known all of the narrow paths through the threshold and the neighboring forests and Iona had thankfully had the foresight to commit them to memory.  They’d need those trails today. She wasn’t one to dawdle and Lithium didn’t seem like one who wanted a guided tour of Helovia on his way to the Edge.

“Follow me,” she said, as she turned, picking out the westward paths that would lead home, “We can go now.  No time like the present and all that jazz,” she added, another smirk present on her face.  She kept her wings tucked against her sides, more than content to walk for the time being. It was a nice change for the normally sky-bound pegasus who knew she needed to spend more time on the ground. Her sister lectured her about it enough. Iona, thankfully, found it wasn't difficult to pick out the trails Naerys had used so she hoped the remainder of the journey would not be difficult, but the pegasus found she was eager to return back to her home next to the sea, with company in tow.

I O N A
Lines || Tags:

ooc - sorry so late! but i'll post to get his rank changed and put a post up for him in the edge late tonight or tomorrow AM! :)
@Lithium

image credit