the Rift

inevitable exchange

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

Irregular colored hooves pause their irregular path, turquoise gaze scanning the terrain. She pursed her lips, flicked her ebony tail. She shifted her weight to one hip, furrowed her brow, and softly snorted. She hated to admit it, but she didn't know where she was.

She had inadvertently signed up for this; multitudes of days wandering for something, anything, though she wasn't sure what. A purpose? A fresh start? Wealth and fame? She knew when a job was done, she had learned that from her years at home, but she knew not what to do after it was over. The light had shone on her in those days, but it had faded into an echo, a small, silver stream of starlight left of its radiance. Though small, it glimmered with fierce promise.

As she observed the unfamiliar sights she saw hoofprints in the grass, animal life stirring in every corner. A thriving ecosystem dwelled here, that much she knew, and it could possibly support horses. She stepped forward, sniffing at the track placed upon the lush green of the forest floor. It wasn't new, but it was something to go on, at least. If there was a society of horses here, then it was possible that there were horses in need of a bit of social justice.

Agnodice pulled her composure together in a swift motion, head upright, curvaceous ears perked. If she were a few hands taller she could be considered an imposing figure, but alas, she lacked the bone density to pass for that even at her petite height.

Irregular colored hooves resume their irregular path, deeper into the woods.

Image Credits

open to all :3

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

From the moment he had found out about his past life he should have known better than to trust anyone but he had. Love had made him soft and it was not what he wanted to be like, he wanted to be seen as a friend, a partner, an equal. Equal had never been a term he would have thought to use to describe his life. Before everything had been great, he had a great family growing up, great herd, a great life. It had only taken four or five years to discover that everything he had ever believed in had been a lie. How could you go on without thinking about what this could mean for the rest of your life. Ya that was not going to happen in this case, a murdering psychopathic father that still lived was not something to take lightly. Sighing softly he tried to pull his mind away from some of the latest revealtions to do something, anything else but think.

Ducking his head underneath the canopy of trees the rich smell of earth and greenery was strangely refreshing. It had been quite awhile since he had crossed these boundaries to go back to where it had all began, to where he had arrived all those years ago. The difference between then and now was drastic well at least for his emotion/mental state of mind anyways. He really didn't care much about if he looked similar to that point in his life but if he had to guess there was very little. A couple years older, perhaps more fit but those things did not matter to him. Letting Kiara take the lead he followed quietly behind noting how the forest responded to someone like his bonded. As she padded along animals would scatter half tripping over each other in the process, whole colonies of birds would go silent, it sure was different. Amazing what a simple change in species would have such a drastic effect on the world around them. "Stop scaring away all the animals or we will never find anyone." He joked with a half smirk. "Not animals just fast food but i'm not hungry." She replied in her usual cocky attitude flicking her long tail as she walked with amusement.

A little ways down the trail the figure of a mare appeared out of the shadows drawing the pairs attention. Well Kiara's attention at first as he was caught up in his muddled mess of a brain. Looking up to see the girl not far off he called out a greeting pausing to see what she would do. Patience was not exactly his strength today so before he knew it his legs were carrying him closer. Perking his ears and lowering his head so as not to look threatening he stopped a couple paces away while Kiara decided to stroll out of the brush nearby. "Hello miss." He greeted kindly with a dip of his crown. "My name is Ciceron, I come from the Hidden Falls here in Helovia. Can I help you find something or someone perhaps?" You never knew what a stranger wanted so it was safe just to include all of the above to save the time later on should the first two fail.

Ciceron talks
Silent Speech
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Agnodice •• NOTES: Welcome :) ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Outcast

A single, curvaceous ear swivels, hearing a neigh aimed towards her general direction. Agnodice paused, turquoise gaze glancing to each side to make sure there was no one else around, and she was, in fact, the one being called to. With this fact validated in her mind, Agnodice turned to the shouter, returning a soft nicker to the horse.

The equine was a soft gray with dapples running across his body and ivy markings crawling up his legs. A pale horn crowed his forehead, a soft curtain of ash framing him. He was tall, much taller than herself, but this wasn't what made Agnodice weary of him, no - she was used to being dwarfed, she was concerned about the feline promenading out of a nearby bush. It was pale, striped, with a large jaw and paws. She had never seen such a creature before. The stallion seemed unfazed by it's presence, reassuring Agnodice a bit. She felt more curiosity than fear.

Curiosity now piqued, Agnodice practically leapt forward, turquoise eyes wide, alabaster and ebony features dripping with inquisitiveness. Her figure was graceful as it sprang forward, a small leap, seemingly in slow motion as the duchess neared the stallion. It was almost painful to watch her dainty form land, thin legs looking as if they would snap. Fortunately, they were more resilient than they seemed, her landing faultless and not losing any of her energetic bounce.

The duchess now stood at before the stallion, gaze shifting back and forth from the feline to the gray. She had to look up to the stallion to face him properly, even when he dipped his head. She smiled at his introduction, pleased to see a friendly face as the first one she would encounter here. Her inquisitive features faltered for a moment when he asked if she was looking for something - or someone.

Truthfully, she was looking for both and neither simultaneously. She wasn't sure where to even start when she didn't know what exactly she was looking for. Something to keep her entertained, perhaps? So she spewed something out that was along the lines of the same thing she had gushed to her brothers when she left her former home. "I'm Agnodice - I'm a doctor. I seek a home where I can further my skills and heal those who need it."  She stated, sounding a bit distracted as her gaze kept lingering back to the feline. She paused for a moment, letting her head fall a bit to one side, ebony locks slipping across her nape and forehead with the movement.

"I don't suppose that's something you can help me with - or is it?" Her words were more focused, her gaze undistracted, growing a bit more intense, more suggestive - in the most innocent use of the phrase. When things began to involve her benefit, Agnodice's attention was rarely disturbed.

Image Credits

@Ciceron
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Kiara will you at least come over here so you stop scaring the girl half to death. He wanted to shake his head at the normal incidents they kept running into whenever they should run into a stranger. As he studied the girl from a distance he could see the slightest traces of fear creep into her eyes over his bonded presence. Maybe they needed to get a costume for Kiara to dress her up as something not so intimidating to those of our species. Now that would be a sight to see, her parading around in a...what is harmless enough to not invoke fear... Thinking for a moment or two he finally settled on a deer, she could go around as a deer. Chuckling to himself as he shared the thoughts with his partner causing her to turn around and look at him as if he had completely lost his mind. "No way not dressing up tough on them." she replied totally bewildered by the idea as she stalked over to him to swat him with her paw as she walked by.

To his relief the mare before him decided not to think too much about his tiger and instead came over to talk. Her markings were most striking upon the grey white pelt and the likes he had never seen before, they were actually quite nice. Listening intently as she spoke he couldn't help but warm up to the mare based on her confidence and security in who she was. It was rare to find that in one so young such as herself but it was a wonderful thing to have. "It's my pleasure. I do believe I can help you with what you seek." He replied thinking to the herd's lead healer Resplendance. From what he had heard and seen she was quite talented and would have hordes of information to share with any apprentices. If he wasn't mistaken she was actually starting classes sometime soon along with the others, that would be perfect for one wanting to expand their knowledge. " We do have a very talented healer at the moment that is very knowledgeable. Actually she is starting to teach classes to others about the art of medicine. If you would like I could introduce you to her to see what you think? He offered with a smile. He had never really talked much with their healer but from what he had gathered she was very kind and caring. "Also I should have mentioned this earlier but this here is my friend Kiara. She will not harm you, that much I can promise." He said motioning back to the tigress that was sitting nearby keeping a watchful eye out for danger. "She forgets sometimes that others might be afraid of her." Laughing he gazed down to meet Agnodice's gaze. Yes, he believed that she would fit in quite nicely back home if she wanted to that is.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Agnodice •• NOTES: Sorry its a little short. ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
He steps through the threshold, not sure why he decided to come. His head ached and his gut spasmed. He should be resting or consulting with healers instead of traversing the Threshold— though it seemed that this illness was not as easily spread as the other two. Most likely via feces, if his twisted gut was any indication.

He sighed, adhering to the thicker parts of the forest, for once. He tended to avoid the thick trees as he often got stuck between their close trunks. But, now, he welcomed the dim lighting the thick canopy afforded. His dark blue eyes were only slightly squinted against the murky forest.

He follows his perked ears towards voices, sweeping strides slower than than usual. Thus, his plodding pace allows him to hear most of the conversation between the two horses before he breaks through the trees to enter their clearing. Immediately, he lowers his head and squints against the light. Though he recognizes the handsome quicksilver stallion and his dangerously beautiful companion.

“Ciceron, Kiara,” he nods fractionally in greeting— not wanting to move his pounding head more than necessary. He turns his scrunched eyes towards the newcomer. A vividly white mare with striking markings on her face- similar to his own masked markings. He manages a small smile, “Hello Agnodice, I am Tembovu. Glazier of the World’s Edge,” his low voice rumbles quietly. “I overheard you speaking, and it seems I am in need of a doctor,” he says by way of explaining the knowledge of her name, “And am on my way to see our Moon Doctors of the Edge. You are welcome to accompany me—” He cuts off, pinning his ears as a wave of pain overcomes his gargantuan skull.

He slowly blows out a breath as blood trickles lazily from his ears. Blinking slowly, he smiles an apology, before reattempting his speech, “You are welcome to accompany me to the Edge, if this good man has not already swept you away,” he glances and grins slightly at Ciceron. “My herd is on sea cliffs to the west,” he seems to want to continue, but his low voice rumbling from his massive barrel rattles the tender organ inside his great head. So he stops his speech and looks quietly at the striking, slender equine.
Image|Table

@Random Event - HFH does not touch anyone or experience magic
@Agnodice @Ciceron

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast

She listened attentively to Ciceron's words, features relaxed, traced with a hint of curiosity. Her interest was mild, a bit excited by the prospect of him saying he could aid her in her venture. She stayed silent, turquoise eyes widening with every word that fell from his ashen lips. Her head tipped to the other side, onyx locks slipping and falling across her once more, growing steadily more captivated by the prospect of this Hidden Falls.

He then mentioned the feline, Kiara. She looked to the tiger with a furrowed brow. How had he managed to come across such a loyal creature? Why keep it around? She barely heard his laugh, too infatuated with the feline to acknowledge it much, her gaze was focused entirely on the cat. Assured by the notion that it would not harm her, Agnodice extended her muzzle to the feline, keeping a good foot between them, though. She wanted a closer look at the cat, it's intentions interested her.

Before she got too in depth in a study of Kiara, another stallion made an appearance. Agnodice flicked her ears to the behemoth, pulling her head up slowly, features soft, but mostly unexpressive. He was crowed like Ciceron, and shared face markings similar to her own. He greets her, introduces himself, but something about his behavior seems strikingly odd to the mare. She opens her mouth to return his greeting, but quickly closes it, noting the pain on his features and  She furrows her brow, narrows her gaze, almost straining her ears to hear his soft, deep murmurs.

He stops his words - a grimace covering his features, blood trickling from his ears. Agnodice's eyes widen, pulling her head up, features softening to a curious expression. He's sick. It was nothing she had ever seen before, which was what intrigued her. It pained her to see him hurt, and her be unable to treat it. She thought briefly to her flowers - they had healed many wounds. But was this a wound? It was more similar to an illness, something she was unsure her flowers could do anything for.

She turned to Ciceron, a pained look on her dainty features. "What is this sickness? Is it common here? Do many in your herd have it?" She questioned, voice thick with curiosity and concern. She mostly ignored his invitation to his herdland - she found the disease a much more urgent matter to deal with than where she would call home.

Her gaze drifted to the ground, shaking her head slowly back and forth, her mane crowning her in an onyx halo, shimmering in the light. "There might be something I could do for it, but I don't know for sure,"  She spoke softly, thinking back only to her years of training, flicking through a mental archive of remedies, but she knew none related to anything like this.

@Ciceron
Image Credits

Moments of silence passed along as the grey stallion waited patiently for the mare to decide what she would like to do. He did hope that she would accompany him back home but if she wanted to go elsewhere he would respect that decision. Watching as Agnodice turned her attention to Kiara he chuckled softly at the girl's curiosity. "Be nice to her she is merely curious probably to how you haven't eaten me yet." While she likely didn't need to hear it from him to be nice, he just had to poke in some fun. Kiara watched the mare as she got closer and closer before extending her muzzle out towards her. "Why she staring tho...yes i'm utter perfection but still." She silently asked her grey warrior with complete amusement. Kiara then proceeded to rise to her feet, stretch her back and then yawn widely, her lips pulling back to expose her canines. Turning her ice blue eyes back to the mare a soft rumble sounded from within her chest before she stepped forward to close the distance between them before another brute appeared on the scene drawing the girl's attention.

Shifting his eyes to the tri coloured beast a warm smile touched his lips. Returning the noble nod in greeting he listens as the stallion goes to speak to Agnodice. Kiara at Tembovu's appearance walks forward underneath the mare pausing to rub the side of her face against her front leg. As she walked her sensitive nose twitched as a coppery aroma drifted towards her. "Blood?" she asked silently as she watched the pained expression cross the giant's face.

Furrowing his brow at Kiara's observation it didn't take long for the droplets to spill from his ears. Opening his mouth to speak he closed it again when Agnodice beat him to it as she turned to address him about the origin. Sympathizing with his friend he knew exactly what he was experiencing thanks to firsthand experience. So it would seem that the god's disease had plagued more than just him, but how many others still suffered the horrible symptoms? Turning his head towards the girl he softened his facial features wishing that he could reassure her that things were alright. Knowing so little about the cause and the cure there wasn't much he could offer but tried anyway. " No this isn't common but has just recently started appearing in a few of us. It has been called the Halycon Flats Headache but very little is known about it so far. I to contracted the illness but thankfully it did not last too long." He explained turning his eyes back to Tembovu.

Should he continue to explain about the corrupted gods or would it be too much for the poor girl? Debating the pros and cons for a moment with Kiara he decided it was better to tell her up front instead of her finding it out from someone else. "Recently there have been new arrivals to our land through portals that our gods opened in the attempts to rescue some others. Their home was corrupted by darkness and so they brought them here so they would be safe. Unfortunately a few of the corrupted gods managed to slip through as well and attack us. We fought them off and won but with each new one a strange illness has appeared as well. We have figured out cures for most but with this newest one there is little known about how to treat it. Most cures have been magic based and we have discovered it by complete accident." Grimacing at the memory of the horrible pain he tried to think back to what had been going on when something had cured himself.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Agnodice , @Tembovu •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

tembovu
Gaze sinks to the approaching Kiara as Ciceron speaks. Carefully, the giant lowers his head and muzzle to the silken, large cat in greeting. A small, amused smile crosses his broad muzzle as the feline purposefully rubs on Agnodice, who clearly is uncertain about the predator lounging with prey.

He stays silent, allowing for Ciceron to answer the striking doctor’s questions. It is a relief, for his rumbling voice rattles painfully in his skull. He nods gingerly as the dappled grey continues to explain the discovery of new lands, “What he said,” his voice murmurs lowly with a wry smile at both equines. Surely they would understand his current proclivity for not speaking. Irritation billowed through him, for he genuinely enjoyed the Threshold and offering a home in the Edge to those who entered there. This sickness placed such a damper on the amiable stud.

His ears rotate slowly forward was the grey speaks of being cured already. “If you or the Falls find a cure for this disease, please let the Edge know,” he quietly rumbles. He sweeps his cobalt eyes to the slender, striking mare, “And any attempt at help would be welcome, Dice.” He gives a lopsided smile to the pale doctor, raising his head slightly. The pain seemed when the blood wasn’t rushing into the large skull, so he raised it higher. The relief was slight at his towering height— but any relief was still relief.

He shifted on his thick, onyx and pale legs, thick tail swaying gently against his hocks.
Image|Table

@Random Event -HFH, no magic or touching
@Ciceron @Agnodice

sorry for the delay/shortness. writing him sick is hard XD

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast

She kept her attention firmly on Tembovu, features drawn with nothing but concern and interest. She thought over so many different remedies, but none she knew were specialized for curing this ailment. Her gaze trailed down to the grass, her face befallen with sorrow. Years of studying and she knew not how to help the kind stallion.

She looked up to Ciceron, eyes trailing up, head staying down. She listened attentively to his words, focus only deviating when Kiara began to rub against her ebony forelegs. It took her by surprise at first, but she quickly grew accustomed to the feline. She had soft fur, just her touch seeming to diminish some of the mare's anxiety about feeling somewhat inadequate in this situation.

She nodded her head slowly, turquoise gaze focused on Kiara, though her mind was captivated by Tembovu and Ciceron's words.

“And any attempt at help would be welcome, Dice.”

She furrowed her brow, regaining her composure. She had little to go on, though she knew magic was an indication of how to possibly treat this illness. She could try her flowers, though they ony healed physical ailments. Blood had been trickling from Tembovu's ear, that was physical, right?

Trying was better than not trying, she supposed. "Hold still, okay?" She spoke, her tone hushed, though filled with a bit of hope. She prayed it would work, rid the stallion of the disease before he suffered much longer. Though it would be a bit unfortunate to dispel him of it before she had gotten much of a chance to study it. No, no, she's a doctor, not a scientist.

Agnodice closed her eyes, focusing her mind and energy on her magic. A few flower buds began to sprout in her mane and tail, growing and blossoming, filling the air with soothing, flowery scents. She centered them on Tembovu, the flowers illuminating with pale gold, transferring the light to the stallion's head before shriveling, dying, and falling to the ground.

She opened her gaze, letting a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. She looked to Tembovu with a worried expression, the pale arc of her neck extending a bit to look at him more closely, but not touching him.

"How do you feel?"

Image Credits

don't worry about it smitty! my replies will be a bit slow as well, no rush ^^;
@Ciceron
@Tembovu

:: [ Magic: EarthxLight | Can grow flowers in her mane and tail that have healing properties ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can only heal physical ailments. Larger wounds require more flowers (meaning more effort on her part) ]

Finishing his long and winded explanation of what he knew so far about this horrible headache illness he was glad that he was able to focus on nothing for the next couple minutes as Agnodice took it all in to decide what to do about it. Kiara was obviously concerned about their friend's condition as she had seen first hand how it had affected him when he had first been plagued by it. The blood rushing to the head, the instant pain that felt as if your skull would explode, the light sensitivity, it was all just bad and he wouldn't wish it on the worst of enemies, not that he had any so far. Sure there were the odd character that he disliked for his own reasons but nothing had ever come of it. At least it meant that someone didn't have a bounty put on his head he mused silently his eyes pulling from Kiara to Agnodice as she finally spoke. It was not to him but rather to Tembovu as she attempted to try and do something to cure him of his illness.

Watching with interest as the mare worked it was obvious that the girl had talent and magic to complement it. Whatever it did was a mystery to him but it had something to do with flowers blooming and then dying off, not that it made sense to his non healer brain. It was much easier to think on the spot and react accordingly instead of trying to theorize all the potential herbs and what not that could work for various things. It was much too tedious and complicated for his preference he would gladly charge into battle just to avoid the task if it came down to it, he was a fighter and that had all he had ever known. "I will be sure to pass it along the moment I hear of anything." He replied with a nod as he shifted his gaze to the stallion. If only a cure would be found, it would benefit so many.

Once Agnodice had finished with her work and stepped back he gave her a couple moments to speak with Tembovu before making another point. The day was about to end soon and this was no place to be when darkness hit, there was no telling what lurked under the midnight moon. "I do hate to interrupt but darkness will be upon us soon. This is not a place you want to be at night, the maze of trees gets even worse and there are creatures that are not so pleasant lurking around. If you wish to come to the Falls with us we will have to depart soon but if you wish to go with Tembovu I respect your decision." He commented gently not wanting to seem pushy when he was only concerned for their safety.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Tembovu , @Agnodice •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

tembovu
Ears perk forward, sending a wave of blood coursing down his thick throat-latch. But he paid the irritating trickle no mind as his attention was captivated by the gentle, golden glow of flowers blooming in the doctor’s mane and tail. He obeys her quiet, hopeful command to stay still, standing as an elephantine statue in the dimly lit forest. And the light was slowly dwindling as the sun approached the end of his day’s reign.

A tender warmth budded in his veins, rushing through him, searching for the ailment to heal. It was such a pleasant sensation in the face of the chronic pain he had felt since the end of the crocodile-god battle. A low, happy sigh escaped his nostrils as the warmth found and pooled in the base of his large skull.

Cocking a hip, he relaxed into her healing magic, enjoying it. Often times his wound healings from battles had been painful experience— feeling each and every bone realigning and muscle fiber stitching back together. But this was a much more preferable way to go about it.

Thick, black lids drift close over his lightening eyes. Then he slowly blinked them open, blue flecked gaze glowing as he sought Agnodice’s, “I feel incredibly better.” His low voice was back to is warm rumble, a congenial smile turning up the corners of his thick lips. “Thank you. I am in your debt,” his deep voice rolls sincerely, “That is quite a useful gift you have, Agnodice. If only I had met you sooner.” Good humor is once again in his voice, for he had sustained many injuries since coming to Helovia. Broken ribs, acid burns, fire blasts, sprained knees… the list goes on.

Relieved eyes swing to Ciceron as he speaks of the lowering light. Indeed, the murky forest is deepening to a gloom, despite the long days of Tallsun. He nods his great head once, relieved that such a movement no longer brought waves of blood and pain. “Yes, I think Ciceron is right. If you wish to make a choice between the Edge and Falls, the time is now,” he glances a sideways smile at the silver stud, “And good manners require that I second his words,” his tone implied that he would prefer if she chose the Edge— for it would be difficult to repay her kindness if she chose the Falls. But, still, the mammoth would place no pressure on those entering the Threshold— the decision was hard enough.
Image|Table

@Random Event Agnodice used her healing EarthxLight magic on him. So he’s healed… again? haha XD

@Agnodice @Ciceron

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast

The magic left her a bit breathless. She had put perhaps too much effort into it. It was her longing to succeed, pushing herself farther and farther at the expense of every bone, every muscle, every emotion, everything. She had long since lost sight of whether or not she was so motivated due to her desire to succeed or her fear of failure.

“I feel incredibly better.”

A small smile crept onto her onyx lips. 'I did it'. Her features relaxed a bit, the disquiet expression fading and leaving only curiosity and subtle concern behind. Her work wasn't over yet, for treating the disease was one thing. Preventing it and determining it's causes was a whole different ballgame.

Her gaze hardened, twiggy limbs stepping closer to Tembovu's head, admiring her handiwork. Her head was curved almost completely upwards to properly see the behemoth. Her expression was neutral, brow a bit furrowed, focused solely on how she had done. She heard words, but she did not listen to them.

"I'd like to see you again soon, a few weeks perhaps? A checkup of sorts," Agnodice spoke, stepping back from Tembovu, her words firm, unwavering, not to be argued with, though they retained a bit of her characteristic . She had healed him, sure, but she was uncertain of the long term effects of the disease he had acquired. Her motivation was mostly to see if her healing was permanent, or just a temporary fix. That would be unfortunate. What an inadequate doctor she would be.

A curvaceous ear swiveled to Ciceron as he began to speak, her head soon following it's lead, expression a bit surprised. Both the stallions were speaking of her finding a home in the herds. She was uncertain, her last few thoughts had been captivated by Tembovu's disease. Her gaze wandered to her hooves, glancing at the decaying flowers that had fallen from her mane. They had been colorful, full of life moments ago, but now they were shriveled, brown, dead. Soon they would be reduced to little more than dust.

She thought about her flowers, her choices, each only for a moment, letting the conversation fall silent. She couldn't let Tembovu simply walk away, but Ciceron's herd sounded more fitting for her needs. She was a quick thinker, though. She looked up to Tembovu, features alight despite the lack of sun. "I will be heading to the Falls with Ciceron to further study the disease there. You are welcome to send any that have the sickness to me, if they are so..." She thought for a moment, gaze flickering away, "desperate." She didn't want to use that word, but it was most adequate. He said they had Moon Doctors, yes? Just the title made them sound talented. Blessed with the moon...perhaps they had magics that were kissed with moonlight. She was certain they could handle the disease on their own.

Agnodice turned to Ciceron, lowering her head and stepping forward, casting a warm smile at Kiara before looking to the silvery unicorn. Her expression had become friendly, excited, even, at the prospect of a new adventure that could perhaps turn into a new home, then an old routine. In all honesty, she was ready for her life to settle down for a while.

"Lead the way."

Image Credits

@Ciceron @Tembovu I flipped a coin to see where she'd go cx great thread, guys!!