[OPEN] little lion man [patrol]

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
How fickle my heart,
and how woozy my eyes.
It’s a long walk to the Blood Falls.

The dastardly parasite of the Flats still festers in the stallion’s gut, twisting and bloating until the discomfort makes him turn with a growl to nip at his sides, the action causing his already throbbing head to pound even harder. The weight of his antlers, a burden he hasn’t noticed since his childhood, when they were growing, is suddenly excruciatingly obvious. His head hangs lower than usual, the proud curve of his neck arching closer to his chest, and he narrows his sensitive eyes irritably against the blasted glare of the sun.

At least the burning of his flanks has eased some. The flesh that had been seared from the crocodile’s acid blood is now beginning to scab over in some places, although the tender skin is still very much prone to cracking and bleeding. His whole body throbs achingly, and the muscles in his jaw flex as he clenches his teeth against the pain.

Even so, there is an indignant spring to his stride. He had been told to come to the bloody forest by his herd superiors, on a patrol, like it would be so easy. Just travel across half of Helovia to see if something suspicious is happening on the other side of the world—yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense. Rohan doesn’t really understand the need for it, but that is why he is ranked where he’s at; untested and unpracticed compared to his superiors, and he follows them with his defiant inexperience (his pride far too great to swallow completely).

A long, dramatic exhale curls his nostrils when the Warlander finds himself at last beneath the crimson boughs. Their thick branches leave the world below in a hazy darkness, for which he is grateful. His gaze relaxes in the ruby shadows, the tension in his muscles slowly lessening as he moves forward, picking his way through the dense underbrush.

notes; Edge patrol! Open for anyone c:
“Speech.”
image credits | @Nyx
@Elsa I know Klare is on absent, but I figured I'd invite her if she happens to have time :3
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

HER SMILE'S BOTH PLEASURE AND PAIN, AND HER GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

To make a pregnant woman patrol is the height of bad manners, and the silver's jaw is set into a hard line of displeasure as she trundles towards the Blood Falls. Of course, she understands that pregnancy shouldn't be an excuse to get out of her duties - and she always enjoys them, as a warrior is what she is born and bred for - but she is hormonal and cranky and keen to complain at every little thing, and get away with it because she's up the duff.

Still, when she sees her patrolling partner, her ice-cold stance mellows somewhat. Hot damn, is that a fine piece of ass. Hairy and antlered, he exudes manly charm, and if it weren't for the fact that she is the size of a bus at the moment, she would probably gleefully hit on him. Her hormones are frolicking like mad things given her current with-child status, making her, as the proverb goes, 'as randy as a bitch in heat'. She doesn't know why that is - Mother Nature must have had a bit of a hiccup when she made pregnant women feel lustful during the mid-point of their condition, when they're about as attractive as a beached whale. Unfortunately, the silver soldier would probably give the poor fellow an aneurysm if she started coming onto him with her giant swollen sides and pregnant-woman sweats, so she refrains.

Well. She mostly refrains.

As she waddles closer, she offers him a nod and a somewhat coquettish arch of her eyebrows, which just cannot be helped. "Greetings, handsome. Are you to be my patrolling partner today?" She idly notes that he seems agitated, and steers well clear in case he is carrying some disgusting new form of disease, like the boils or the black ooze. "I'm Nyx, one of the herd's warriors." She shuffles to an ungainly halt, groaning as she shifts her weight to relieve one of her aching forelegs. She's sure she's never been this fat at this point in any previous pregnancy - she must be carrying a some mutant beast child.

@Rohan

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

How fickle my heart,
and how woozy my eyes.
It is the crunching of leaves under hooves that reaches to snatch the stallion’s attention, the muted crushing sound far too loud and acute in his sensitive ears. Pinning them against the back of his neck in his misery, green eyes wander slowly from beneath his brow, nearly narrowing when he catches sight of the silver-cast mare making her way towards him. It is her face that he sees first—and her face doesn’t disappoint—the brightness of her cool blue eyes alluring him like a moth to a flame, far too irresistible and dangerous for any man’s good.

However, as his attention expands to the rest of her, the hungry spark in Rohan’s gaze is smothered by a realization (but certainly not snuffed out completely). At least this beauty is pregnant instead of horribly fat, right? Exhaling a breath from his nostrils, the antlered stallion whips his long tail about his flanks before he turns, angling his large body in the mare’s direction. Despite the throbbing at the base of his skull and the tight discomfort through his abdomen, as well as her condition, he doesn’t try to fight the roguish smirk that twists crookedly across his lips at her coy greeting.

Pregnant or not—would it really be so bad to play along, if she has cast the first card? Either way, he isn’t usually one to play well with petty things like morals and commitment. “I believe I am, sweetheart,” his thick neck arches as he lowers his head, dark-rimmed ears pressing forward in his roused interest. “They are either taking advantage of you, or you are quite the heroine to be fulfilling your duties while...well, in your state,” Rohan eyes the silver for a moment, hardly concerned with how his statement is received. His intentions are of admiration, appreciating her resolve if it is the latter (which he is more disposed to believe, given his own inclination), and it is not his problem if she chooses to see it differently.

“Remind me not to cross you,” the striped stallion muses, giving Nyx an impish wink before shifting the weight of his scabbed back end, the muscles in his jaw flexing as he bites against the pain that is...everywhere. His whole body seems to be fighting against him; but he likes to think that he’s putting up a hell of a fight himself.

Nipping at his agitated sides, Rohan returns his attention to the kindred warrior, his rugged features shadowed by both his usual bold charm and the irritability that festers from his pain. “My name is Rohan, also a warrior for the Edge,” he tips his antlered head to her in a gruff nod, immediately cursing the action as the weight sends a new wave of agony coursing through his head and behind his eyes. His breath hisses sharply between his teeth, eyes closing in a long blink before he continues. “Tell me Nyx, is there a purpose to patrolling a land that is not our own, halfway across Helovia? Closer I’d understand, but surely there are more important things to accomplish than sticking our noses up everyone else’s asses,” a bark of a chuckle rumbles from his broad chest, his expression laced with amusement when he looks to her.

notes; I am SO SORRY for the wait! I struggled with this; I'll try to be quicker from now on though:)
“Speech.”
image credits | @Nyx

He turns, and she casts an appreciative glance across his fine body. He's like a big hairy adonis, much to her delight. Oh my. She certainly landed on her feet when she chose to live in the World's Edge, with its wealth of attractive menfolk. His smirk is returned, but she can't help but hope that her foal doesn't come out with any memories of its mother's randiness when it ejects from the womb. Mama, who was the big hairy deer-man you oggled? Was it papa? Imagine. Tell you when you're older, dear.

But back to the present, and the man is speaking to her. He confirms he is to be her patrolling partner, and she wiggles her eyebrows. "Lucky me." He speaks again, and once more she flashes him a toothy smirk. "A bit of both, perhaps. Still, I won't let the small matter of looking like a heifer keep me from my duties." It would take more than a mere pregnancy to keep Nyx away from her duties. She might complain, she might grumble, but truthfully she is happy to continue to be included in things even in her current condition.

Although, she supposes, she's a bit too big to be easily forgotten.

Remind me not to cross you. Again, he's greeted with an enigmatic smile. At the moment, the biggest threat she poses to an enemy is the promise to sit on them, but that is a potent terror in itself. She looks again at him, noting the pain he seems to be in and the way he's nipping at his sides, and frowns, suddenly serious. "You appear unwell. Have you consulted a healer?" Nyx has been fortunate enough to avoid any of the illnesses granted by the new lands, so she has no idea that this is what is wrong with Rohan. If it's contagious, she prays she does not catch it, for fear of what it may do to her unborn child. He introduces himself as Rohan, a name that she files away for the future, and reveals he is also a warrior. Ooh, she will most certainly suggest a spar once she has rid herself of the lump within her womb.

He follows with a question, one which draws an amused smile to his face. He makes a valid point, but his way of explaining it reminds her of her own particular brand of humour. "You make a fair point. I assume it is to discover if there are any valuable resources here - herbs for our healers, new ores to create weapons from. However, unless there's anything we can make from water that it looks like somebody's died in, I don't think we'll find much of use here." She scans around, waddling towards a few plants and sniffing them to try and detect if they smell...healer-y. Not that it would be possible for a none-healer like herself to tell the difference between something that would save your life and something that could make your dick fall off, but she feels obliged to make the effort. She's hauled her formidable ass all the way out here, she is sure as hell going to make the most of it.

She casts a glance back to him. "Were you here during the Bear God fight here?" He could well have been here in all his handsome glory - she'd been rather too preoccupied to pay a great deal of attention.

OOC: @Rohan I'm sorry for the wait too ahh! <3

How fickle my heart,
and how woozy my eyes.
“An admirable trait,” the Warlander compliments Nyx’s loyalty to her duties, the smirk that twists across his lips adding a hint of play to his flattering words. She is certainly one of the pretties ‘heifers’ that he’s ever had the pleasure of seeing, and his impish imagination can’t help but run wild with possibilities of her not burdened with child. He fantasizes shamelessly, hardly checking his wanting gaze as it travels from her face and to the sleek curve of her neck. A point is quickly made to bring such imaginations to reality when her inevitable time comes.

Green eyes return to the mare’s icy blue gaze when she questions his health, one of his dark-rimmed ears swiveling to the side. “I have,” he muses with inward amusement. Rohan has yet to meet any healers from the Edge, but he has become quite familiar with the dainty brown Mender from the Basin, and he trusts her abilities wholeheartedly. “I believe it is one of the Rift diseases—from Halcyon Flats. The cure has yet to be discovered, but don’t worry my dear; unlike the others, it doesn’t seem contagious. I’ll keep at bay, to be safe,” he shifts his weight, trying not to dwell for long on the aching pain of his body.

Delving forward and casting the silver a wily grin, he continues seamlessly, “Physical contact will have to be continued at another time.” The Warlander offers a clever wink, a rumbling chuckle vibrating deeply through his chest. Will some say that it’s weird—inappropriate, even—to flirt with a pregnant mare? And who the hell cares about anyone else? Rohan lives for here and now.

Listening with pursed lips when Nyx explains their duties here, he gives a curt nod, repressing a sigh that would have been overly dramatic. “I suppose you’re right,” his eyes follows hers to the surrounding land, seeing nothing of worth (although he knows next to nothing about herbs and plants, so it wouldn’t matter anyway). The stallion’s large weight shifts when he moves a few steps forward, earthy eyes roaming through the underbrush until her voice grasps his attention again.

“I was, managed to impale the ugly beast,” the antlered stallion says when he looks to the silver mare, a gruff chuckle and satisfied smirk skewing brown lips. His pride gets away with him for a moment, remembering the rush of victory when his sharp points had found their mark. He is too blinded by the adrenaline of war to feel sorrow just yet, hardly dwelling on the bloodshed his triumph had cost. “It was a bloody mess…little did we know what waited in store for us,” Rohan shakes his head, sobering a little bit before likewise questioning Nyx, “Where you here yourself?”

notes; I am so sorry (again!) for the wait!
“Speech.”
@Nyx | image credits

Her own grin turns wicked beneath his gaze, and she doesn't even feel guilty about it. She might be carrying Deodat's child, but she is not beholden to him. Who knows what will happen once her foal is born? So she's certainly keen to keep her options open, and this handsome antlered man is a definite 'get to know' for the future. A future when she doesn't feel so delightfully unattractive.

He reveals he has consulted a healer, which is both a relief (that he's had the once-over) and a concern (that no cure was found). He mentions Rift diseases, and she remembers all the hideous boil-ridden creatures she'd seen during the fights. On herdmembers, too - Mauja, and the fillies he brought home to her to be sizzled. A genuine smile flickers across her face at his joke about abstaining from physical contact. "I quite agree. As much as I love close contact with a handsome man - " and she simply cannot resist a coquettish wink, "- I'll stay away, just in case. Responsible mother-to-be, and all that shit." She flashes a grin. Oh, he's a fun one. Horses who can take her humour - and give it back in equal measure - are few and far between, and Rohan seems quite happy to join in her banter.

She rather likes that.

They are here to patrol, though, not exchange flirtations, and the silver's gaze turns to try and locate possible resources to take note of for the herd. She sniffs a nearby plant, idly hoping that it's not poisonous, then returns her attention to Rohan as the conversation turns to the Bear God fight. He managed to impale the beast, and the warrioress shoots him an appreciative smirk. "Ooh, the lucky devil, impaled by you." Another wink - who says fat girls don't have fun? At his question, she nods. "I was. This, and the other battles - except the most recent one, which I had to sit out because of pregnancy." The bitterness in her voice says just how much she hated that.

Back to the matter of patrolling, though. "Have you seen anything interest to report back to the herd?"

@Rohan

How fickle my heart,
and how woozy my eyes.
Much like the silver mare before him, the Warlander is nearly uncontrollable when it comes to the pleasures of admiration and flirting. Not that he’s ever really tried to control it before, but he sees no need to—nature has made him this way, after all. His mind wouldn’t be marinating in a concoction of testosterone and lust if it wasn’t meant to be, and so he accepts these primal natures readily, shameless and naughty with his coquettish thoughts.

His crooked grin deepens across the line of his lips, simply puffing out like any wanting male when under the praise of a woman. Her sense of humor is amusing, considering her coy and flippant behavior of motherhood, despite her swollen middle. It is almost refreshing for him—refreshing to know that not all are hard asses about burdens, mistakes, or obligations. “I’ll take a raincheck, then. I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again,” his chin lifts as he eyes her roguishly, flicking his tail around his lower legs before he turns to inspect the surrounding land.

Of course, he knows very little about the usefulness of plants—other than the fact that they can do things, other than sit rooted in the ground—and so his search is rather shallow. One dark-rimmed ear remains focused in Nyx’s direction, catching the rustling of her hooves, his gaze roaming over the plants quicker than what is probably beneficial to his search. Unsurprisingly, his attention is easily drawn back to the mare when she speaks.

A deep chuckle rumbles from his chest—causing him to wince as the vibrations irritate his head—but his shrewd smirk is unaffected. “Sounds like you made the responsible choice, sweetheart,” he flashes her a teasing wink, the facetiousness in his tone emphasizing his playful intentions. It doesn’t take a genius to assume that the silver loathed her limitations. The stallion represses a groan of pain, and understands her frustration.

Her question encourages his eyes to sweep slowly around the red forest, a final browse of the murky shadows and ruby underbrush. “Other than the whole damn mystery of this land?” His words are laced with a dry chuckle, mingled with something between amusement and sarcasm. With nothing catching his eye, his gaze returns to Nyx. “No, I don’t think so—I think we’re safe to head back to the Edge. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us.”  Rohan would have rolled his eyes, but knowing that the action would probably send his head into a dizzying whirl of pain, he settles for a snort instead.

notes; Just wrapping this up! I don't care if you reply or not :3
“Speech.”
@Nyx | image credits