the Rift

[OPEN] Smoke Signals [Welcoming]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Tossing her head to clear her forelock from her face the pale mare looks over to see if everyone had managed to find their way out of the winding threshold trails. Noting that both Vitani and the newest recruit were keeping up she motioned in the general direction they were headed. As luck would have it once the small group reached the halfway point the heavens opened up as new streaks of lightning lit up the sky. "We do not have all that much farther to go." She commented letting her stride match Ezital's as they moved along. Flicking her tail she playfully nudged the stallion's shoulder." I will race you there, if your not too tired that is." She challenged with a smirk hoping the filly would join in as well. There was nothing like a little fun and games here and there and it had been so long since she had allowed herself the pleasure. Tossing her head she broke into a canter as she slowly picked up the pace to avoid the openness of the flat areas. It took little time before the beauty of the Falls rose up in front of them. Even in the rain it looked spectacular with the cascading water and the lush greenery, it was still a sight to see.

Stopping beneath the canopy of the trees the girl shook the water from her coat before turning to look to Ezital and Vitani she gave a warm smile. Her heart beat loudly in her chest from their little run but it had been fun, well at least for her it was. By now her coat was soaked by the rain and her mane and tail were plastered to her frame but for once she didn't care. "Welcome to the Hidden Falls." She said turning to face her friends. "What do you think? If you have any questions your more than welcome to ask any of us for help."

Gazing over their homestead she couldn't help wondering where her son was, but that was something she would deal with later. "Our two leaders here are Kaj and Archibald, both are very kind and approachable. Our top warrior goes by the name of Ktulu oh and then there is our healer Resplendance, and then there is also Isopia and Knox who have their own specific jobs." Stopping herself before she ended up with a lecture she figured that at least letting him know of the highest ranks he would know who to seek out should he wish. Forgetting to include herself into the group she just left it at that for she didn't feel all that important. She was just a crafter who really had no idea what she was supposed to be doing, she should really find Archi and ask him if there was any projects she could start into. Pushing that aside for now she looked back to the pair before her.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Vitani , @Ezital •• NOTES: Sorry it took so long :) ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer

EZITAL

photo EzziHeadshot.png

Ezital loved the tallsun nights. The blistering heat of the sun that dampened his coat with sweat disappeared over the horizon and turned the evening air pleasantly warm. The moonlight dappled the lush, green underbrush with silver light and the forest came alive with dancing fireflies and chirping crickets. Water was scarce in the streams and ponds, but there were plenty of other sources, even if he had resorted to eating berries once or twice.

More than anything, he hated the cold. The frozen seasons were the bane of his existence and tested his endurance and resolve every year. Two years ago, he'd gotten caught in a blizzard that had snow up to his chest in some areas. He'd mostly hidden in caves, only venturing out when his stomach ached too deeply to ignore. The year after that, he'd moved further south, but the endless rain was only a slight improvement. For months he felt completely drenched all the time. The first den he found to sleep in flooded within a week, and the second flooded not too long after that.

The snow was cold, but at least it was dry.

The downpour he found himself in now was comparable to that year, except that this storm would pass far more quickly and the warmth of tallsun would return with the dawn. He tried to keep that thought in his head as his mane plastered to his neck, his tail dragged through the thick mud, and his flanks trembled with a chill.

Brisa was like an embodiment of the moon before him, guiding him to safety. He glanced back at the filly to make sure she was doing better than he was, but before he could say anything to her, Brisa dropped back to walk beside him.

At least she looked like she was having fun. Perhaps she felt safer in her own territory. He tried to look slightly less miserable as she pushed at his shoulder and challenged him to race.

He snorted at her. "That would hardly be fair. I don't even know the way."

Still, he pushed himself into an uneven trot to keep her in sight. His whole body felt heavy with the weight of the rainfall. She finally halted after what seemed like forever, and grandly presented the falls to him.

He had to admit, it was rather impressive. The sheer scale of the cascading waterfalls gave him pause. Its crashing water would probably be deafening if he stood on the edges of those cliffs, if he were ever brave enough to do so. He laughed at himself. He'd turned down the World's Edge because of his fear of heights, where this place was mostly a series of smaller cliffs.

"It's beautiful," He assured Brisa. His ears perked up as she mentioned Ktulu. The idea of being a warrior appealed to him far more than healing. Perhaps it was time for him to learn to fight properly.

"Where would I find Ktulu? Should I introduce myself to the herd leaders?"

He was eager to get started now that he was here, but he didn't want to step on any toes by ignoring the established hierarchy. He frowned as he realized that Brisa and Vitani might be leaving him now. He felt almost a kinship with them both, despite only meeting them several hours ago.

"What do you two do around here?"

@BRISA
@VITANI

A soft laugh sounded from her throat at Ezital's initial response to her proposition of racing back to the Falls. At least he tried to keep his mood up despite the likelihood that he was exhausted from travelling from wherever he had originated from. The thought was interesting to think that he had come from somewhere outside Helovia yet he had seemed to turn out alright. Was it only her luck that she managed to find the land of idiots and nightmares? All she knew was that it was a place that she would never return to even if it meant her own demise. Physically or emotionally she could not handle what it would do to her to go back there, to see what she had been petrified of, to face her fears. She may be stronger now surrounded by those she had grown to trust but to be taken away from them, it would be impossible. Tossing her head as an excuse to cover up her unease she didn't begin to relax until they stood beneath the canopy of fallside trees.

"See you managed to keep up." She teased lightly with a chuckle. Strangely enough it was easy to interact with Ezital and for that she was thankful. She hated being the one who feared interaction with strangers, who feared for her own safety, but it was her burden to bare from her past trauma and hers alone. "You will meet up with the leaders at some point or another but you don't have to seek them out, unless you wanted to of course. Both Kaj and Archibald have been busy lately." She said wishing that they would have some time to themselves eventually. It seemed like forever since she had last spoken with Kaj and she would very much like to do just that. Quite honestly she would love to spend every minute possible with him but that was not for her to decide. There was no way she could force someone to do something just to give her the pleasure of enjoying herself for awhile. If only things could be different she thought was a soft sigh.

"Ktulu is usually around here somewhere, I can help you find her if you wanted. I don't have too much to do at the moment so I might as well be of some use." Smiling with a shake of her head to clear the remaining water from her face she turned back to face the stallion. Ktulu was always here at some point or another surely it couldn't be all that hard to find her. Flicking an ear as another question was asked she was glad to have an answer for it. "I am our head Mason for the herd. So basically I help to create things that we can use to help the herd succeed. Our current project is to build a healer's house so that everyone will have access to it. "

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Ezital , @Ktulu •• NOTES: Sorry for delay :) ••

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Lighting streaked across the sky and seeing it made Ktulu grateful that she'd left the armor that Knox had given her hidden away. When she'd seen the clouds rolling in earlier she had removed it because she anticipated the storm and being struck by lightning wasn't high on her priority list. 'I don't like storms.' Eytan complained from his position at Ktulu's side. "I know, but just suck it up for now." was her only reply because seconds later she could hear voices.

"Our top warrior goes by the name of Ktulu oh and then there is our healer Resplendence..."

"Where would I find Ktulu? Should I introduce myself to the herd leaders?"

"Right here." She said as she walked toward the trio that had come back to the Falls in the middle of a storm. Brisa and the filly, she recognized but it was mostly in passing. The stallion, however, was one that she didn't know and hadn't ever seen before in or out of the Falls. Had she not heard them say her name she would have ignored them, even though she didn't know the stallion, and would have continued on her nightly patrol. But the group had drawn her attention so she stood before them, Eytan at her side as he normally was, and she watched them.

"Who are you?" She asked, her crimson eyes sliding from Brisa to the stallion. "And why were you asking where you could find me? " Could it be that Brisa had managed to snag someone who wanted to be a warrior? Ktulu sincerely hoped that was the case because she always wanted more and more warriors in her ranks. It seemed to her, however, that most newcomers to the Falls had seemed go gravitate to every other occupation offered.

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

I moved along, or maybe I should say we all moved along. There were times I struggled to keep up because I am only a yearling after all. I am not at my full height, though I won't be much taller than the very handsome Ezital. I have to admit, I find it hard to take my eyes off him. I had been so focused on him, I totally missed his question about Sarabi. She had not, and had reminded me only once it was to late. Ah well. There would be more time, I hope. " I will race you there, if your not too tired that is." Oh come on! This just isn't even fair. She takes off and so does he. Sarabi of course bounds off behind them and i'm left to try and keep up. Which of course I don't. I am thankful for the mud brown color or my coat, as I won't look as bad... Maybe i'll even get lucky and the storm will wash all the mud away.

When I finally catch up, I see Sarabi lingering on the outside waiting for me. I no sooner arrive at Ezital's side when the Champion Ktulu arrives as well. Sarabi starts to growl, and stands in front of me protectively. No, she's a leader. The lead of warriors.... Don't. Besides if she wanted to hurt me she could. We aren't any match for her. Her tanned head turns to look at me. My tail and legs are covered in the mud I had run through on the way. I lower my head, already beginning to feel like I had done something wrong. As if I was somewhere I didn't belong. I started to back away, but instead I backed slightly to the side and very possibly right into Ezital. Oh damn, I hope I didn't bump him badly if at all. I'd hate to ruin my first impression.... But right now, I think I should really just leave... I'm part of a past, a past herd that had all but left when the new one took over. Maybe I should of gone then too... Cause I sure don't think she wants me around...

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

ooc - So so so sorry for the wait!

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Ezital Posts: 48
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Oatmeal :: Two-toed Sloth :: None Veer

EZITAL

photo EzziHeadshot.png

The young filly finally caught up to them, and he felt a flicker of guilt for having pulled ahead with Brisa. There was no telling what lurked in these woods at night, something might see Vitani as the perfect snack. She looked to be fairing about as well as he was, but he'd had more time to grow and mature.

He wanted to ask if she was alright, but she seemed the type that would reject any sort of coddling. So he kept his mouth shut and sidled a bit closer to her to offer some of the heat coming off of him in waves of steam.

Vitani suddenly collided with his shoulder, and for a moment, he thought the shove was a negative reaction to his proximity. He turned to apologize, only to find that she wasn't even looking at him. Instead, she was looking to the dark forest before them.

The shadows parted around the form of a black unicorn with a bloody horn, trailed by a grizzly bear. She responded to Brisa saying her name like a demon answering a summoning. Ktulu struck an impressive figure, with her black and ivory coat, touched with strokes of gold. She stood inches taller than all of them, but even if she'd been the size of her grizzly, her presence was so commanding it wouldn't have mattered. She stepped into their clearing as if she owned it, surveying them with her unreadable scarlet eyes.

That heavy gaze fell upon him, like she was judging every inch of him. He couldn't afford to come up short. This is what he wanted, what he'd come here for. He wanted to take the final leap from spindly colt to a powerful stallion, and this was the horse that could get him there. If there was ever a time for his mouth to behave, this was it.

"My name is Ezital, I was hoping to learn from you."

@BRISA
@VITANI
@KTULU

Cocking a hind leg to take some of the weight from her hooves she listened as Ezital spoke before the younger girl Vitani joined them once more. Crap! In her little bit of fun she had completely forgotten to keep an eye on the youngest girl to ensure that she could keep up. Immediately feeling horrible she turned to Vitani to apologize profusely before another voice cut through the silence. Drawing her blue eyes from her company she looked up to find Ktulu standing a little ways above them. Wow talk about the strange instant of speak and they shall come, she had always heard the statement but never really believed it to be true well until now. Never having formally met their lead warrior she had only ever noted her in passing and at meetings. To be honest she had never really paid her much attention for she would be the worlds crappiest warrior if she ever tried. One sudden movement and it would be her luck to either get taken out or spook herself and run for the hills, not exactly warrior qualities if you asked her. If she needed to fight at least she had her fire power to pack a punch, that was about the only thing that would save her ass.

If she had to pick one word to describe their lead warrior and her companion it would most definitely be intimidating. Hopefully someone would remind her to never get on this girl's bad side or she would have a hell of a lot more things to cry about than just her shitty luck. Was she really having to talk to her? Couldn't someone higher ranked do that? Wait a minute... Crap, guess she was the only one considered highly ranked other than Ktulu. Please do not let her screw up and say something that she would regret. Opening her mouth to respond her ears flicked to Ezital's voice speaking first. Turning to eye him curiously she was rather impressed at the stud having enough guts to speak up for himself, well he did want to be a warrior so really it shouldn't be that big of a surprise. "My name is Brisa, I don't believe we have met formally." She replied with a courteous dip of her head. "Vitani and I met Ezital in the threshold earlier." (nodding to Vitani) "I invited him to join us here in the Falls and suggested he speak to you in regards to becoming a warrior."

Glancing between Ezital and Vitani she offered a reassuring smile trying not to portray her own insecurities about speaking with Ktulu who honestly could kill her in an instant. Surely they were safe... yes they were safe what was she even thinking. Noting the unease the youngest girl portrayed she instinctively moved over to try and comfort her. The little parts of motherhood that would never go away but came in so useful at times.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Ktulu , @Ezital , @Vitani •• NOTES: ••

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

The look on Ktulu's face when she heard the hound start growling at her was bored, at best, but the dark mare was still insulted. "Calm your damn hound." She spoke sharply to the child. "Are you not a member of the Hidden Falls? Am I not sworn as a warrior to protect you? The idea that your hound feels it appropriate to growl at the warrior sworn to protect the both of you is highly insulting. Would your hound growl at Archibald?" No, she most certainly would not. "I am no different than him." There was a large part of Ktulu that wanted to tell the child that if she thought the hound could do a better job of protecting her than the Falls warriors could that she could leave, but she bit the words back and, instead turned her attention to the stallion as he spoke.

"Fine." She said easily enough because she was willing to give anyone a shot at being a warrior if they expressed interest, even tiny stallions like the one now. "You will have patrols and spars against other warriors that you will be expected to complete every season." She explained. "Ciceron and myself are the Falls Champions and will decide on who you will patrol with and who you will spar with. If you have any questions come to us. If you cannot find us you can go to our Conscript, Aaron."

"My name is Brisa, I don't believe we have met formally. Vitani and I met Ezital in the threshold earlier. I invited him to join us here in the Falls and suggested he speak to you in regards to becoming a warrior."

"Thank you, Brisa." Ktulu said, her voice losing the curt edge it had when she'd addressed Vitani and her disrespectful hound. "Should you find anymore who wish to be warriors and cannot find me send them to Ciceron or Aaron." She could trust her fellow Champion's judgement and Aaron ... well, she'd known him long enough and was willing to put trust in him as her Conscript.

"I will be calling upon you soon, so be ready." She said to Ezital and with that she turned to leave to continue on her nightly patrol to protect disrespectful hounds and everyone else that called the Falls home.

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

When the Champion spoke to me, it was of course rude and snippy because of how Sarabi acted. It made me want to tuck into Ezital even more. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. If she tossed me out... So be it. Not like anyone wanted me here anyway. "She doesn't trust the ones she saw attacking... In the invasion. As for how she would act in front of one of the Czars, she stood in front of me then too. Would your own companion not seek to protect you from one she thought a threat?" I look her in the eyes, daring her to try and tear apart my logic. This was my home first, before her precious Archibald and the rest came in and took it by force.

I looked to Brisa and Ezital for a moment, an apologetic look in my dual colored eyes. The look didn't last long before I looked back to the other mare. "If you want to kick us out just because of her growling, do it. Not like any of you have given a shit about me since you took over. Only reason I stuck around was hoping my parents would come back. To bad my mom can't, cause she's dead." Call it my dumb youth, or just my being naive. But I had finally spoken how I felt. How ignored I feel. Sarabi stands with me, silent. She knows the trouble she's gotten us into, enough that it may cost us our home if this mare so decides. I just hope Brisa and Ezital could forgive me for this....

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper