the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Slow Breathing

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Rasta definitely was not feeling much at the moment. Blind eyes gazed across the horizon, where the sunset would be had she the ability of sight. On occasion, when her despair seemed too much to bare, Ettore would flash images of the beauty across her mind - remind her of the intricacies of life, and that there was good somewhere. But, Alleo had been so far from her lately. Distant, either physically, mentally, or both - she couldn't tell anymore because he wasn't close enough for her to feel. Alas, that didn't exactly mean he was far - which would mean he was mentally pulling away from her, just far enough away in distance to create an illusion of space.

What would it feel like to fight? To spar? To feel the aching of her muscles as they bruised and were split by hooves and teeth. Ah, it had been too long - but she had never really been one so keen on fighting in the first place anyway. She had only done it out of self-defense or defense of those who were unable to do so themselves. She knew she was weak being blind. She knew she could easily be overtaken - she had rarely put herself in a situation that would require physical prowess.

Today, she had climbed high up into the mountains - listening to the sounds of the waterfalls that scared her to death. They tore up her surroundings, making the journey even more treacherous than it already was. But, she didn't care anymore - and Ettore continually warned her when she was getting too close to the edge. They worked in tandem now, almost how she and her previous companion had. It was great to feel that bond again, and that was one of the few things that kept her moving on a daily basis. She wasn't alone and Ettore wasn't alone either. Even in the darkest of situations they would have each other to lean on.

Still, she wanted more, and she wasn't sure she was capable of finding it here - in the Falls, anymore.

@Cera

R
take another breathe

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Days had slipped by since his encounter with the Moon Goddess, and peace had finally settled inside his heart. He owed Megaera so much more than his life was worth, for accompanying him, for helping to settle the fear that was in his heart. The friends that had remained by his side were worth so much, valued above all else and all others in his heart. At last he'd found absolution, and he had seen once more the light at the end of the tunnel. He'd made a promise to himself, a vow as he leaned on Megaera as they exited the Veins, that he would make sure he returned the favor. Tell each of his friends how much he cared for them, offer for them - at last- a solid shoulder in return that they had always offered him.

It was...strange, to not be haunted by the darkness anymore. To be at peace. Cera had spent so long in the dark that he was blinded by the possibilities all around him, the ability that lay at his hooves. He had so much he could do, and with renewed resolve he intended to go about doing them. The god battles, of course, held precedence, but at last he could see the future that lay before him. It was glorious, and he wished quietly that Midas was there to see it. That he could show Gaucho that he was worthy, that he had at last achieved balance. Those he looked up to seemed to be receding from his life, and though he'd finally found the strength to pursue them, he couldn't help but occasionally wonder if it was him that was driving them away. That they wanted to be gone. 

It was why he had set out to find Rasta first. Their friendship was perhaps an odd one, and Cera could barely even remember how it had begun. Perhaps when he had been the only one to defend her for speaking her worries about Gaucho leading? All he knew was that she'd stood beside him for a long time, had sought him out in the Throat even when she did not need to. It was time that he return the favor, seek her out instead and see how she was faring. Especially now that his life didn't feel like it was falling completely apart at the edges. 

The flight, at least, was familiar enough to not really pay attention. If he did, he would undoubtedly be overcome by the memories. His first flight lesson with Hototo the day they'd met, or when he'd crashed - quite literally - through the canopy in his distress over finding his father's sinister replica, and his baby sister's birth. It was easier to fly without the shadows shrouding everything, but the eerie auras persisted, and Cera wished he could find someone with dark magic to help heal him of the cursed sickness. He didn't want to infect Rasta, but if the medic that had come from the Falls to heal the Throat was any indication, she would be safe if she sought him out. 

Pay attention, Cera. Don't go over the borders, Ilaria said kindly, jolting the Prince out of his stupor. Humming softly in gratitude he banked, slow spirals as he descended, Ilaria clinging comfortably to his nape. The grass was dry in the Tallsun heat, and he turned towards the borders, careful not to cross them lest he incur the wrath of one of the guards on patrol. "Rasta?" he called loudly, hoping beyond hope that she'd be somewhere in his vicinity. Unlikely considering how large the herdland was, but he could hope nonetheless. If anything, it'd attract a patrol unit, and then he could ask for entrance or for them to find her for him. How did she even navigate such a treacherous herdland with her blindness? It was...concerning.

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Could anyone really feel the indecision that was lurking in her bones? She had been the Mason, she had helped craft prisons to keep threats in one place, and yet she felt as though they had served absolutely no purpose now. No purpose except maybe to cage her own soul. She was still here for Alleo - the stag she had barely even seen lately, and it was eating away at her mind and soul. Should she care this much? Should she try this hard?

She hears her name, Ettore confirming it before carefully guiding her down the treacherous, slippery cliffs that she had so willingly placed herself upon. Oh, she was not very intelligent - not at the moment at least. Yet, she didn't care. It did very little to bother her, and she was so prepared to slip and feel pain again. At least it would remind her that she was alive. It seemed selfish, stupid, even reckless, but the uncertainty and pain that circled her skull had made her numb to almost everything lately. Few things brought her back into a realm of usefulness, and it was usually Ettore doing something that only young ones would dare to do - the reckless bravery which she had lost so long ago.

It probably felt like ages for Cera, waiting for her to come to the border, for her steps required that she be slow and mindful of each placement of hoof. Sometimes even having to wait for Ettore to flash her an image of the terrain to be certain that she was seeing it correctly. When she finally pulled out to the border - skin covered in a layer of dew and mist - it took her a moment to even place who had called her name. Alas, when she did her ears perked and a smile crossed her face (a hollow smile, but we will ignore that). Her flesh seemed to tremble, causing some of the water to ripple off of her flesh as she stepped in closer to the stag - not knowing that he was sick, not knowing that touching him might cause her to become infected.

It didn't matter. Someone she considered family was here. "Cera…" she whispered, voice betraying the uncertainty which was lingering as she gathered her thoughts, her composure own damn self. Ettore is the first one to touch Cera, though. He spreads his wings, letting out a gentle chirp and trying to curl up in his mane - to create a nest with someone who seemed to be more put together than his own soul mate. Still, she moves press up against him, eyes closed and chest pressing up against his as she wraps her neck around as much of him as she can. "I'm so glad you're okay," and that's all she can say. Because nothing else is right, and she's not sure what else she can do to make sure that it becomes right.

@Cera
Poor Rasta is so confused with life

R
take another breathe

Cera
the Golden Prince

Though it took a while for her to surface, Cera never moved from his place, knowing a patrol would come across him if Rasta had not been in range of his call. He needed to see her, the first on his list of those he needed to apologize to and make amends with. His darkness had blinded him, until he could not see those who stood along the sidelines in silent support. In some ways he was bitter that the support they'd offered had not been active, but...well, he'd not been an active friend, either. It would be hypocritical to fault them for that, especially when he had been the one to seclude himself from them. Even more so when it all lay in the past, and he stood as healed as he could possibly be at the borders of the Falls, waiting for the chance to prove it. 

She came stumbling and uncertain, looking far worse for wear than she had been when she'd wandered to the once-bridge of the Throat. He tries to smile, but he cannot lie to her nor to himself, and instead gentle pale lips pull into a frown. What had happened to her mate, Alleo? And of her herd? She does not belong here, Ilaria growls softly from his withers as she gazes upon the quiet, blind mare. But it's not their job to spirit her away, to a land she'd intentionally left, with a leader she still had old wounds with. It would do her no good, but Cera longed for it anyways. 

Steps forward to embrace her, feeling helpless to do anything else, and drapes himself around her withers to pull her closer. Sighs softly against her skin, and relaxes to feel her close once more. Safe, because clearly in some ways she was not, in the Falls. To him it is a cursed land with the ghosts of his father and his brother, and he selfishly does not want her to live here, but he cannot force her anywhere else. 

Ilaria shuffles over for Ettore to land and make a nest in Cera's hair, squeaks at him happily and lounges against the ridge of Cera's left wing. The two can figure out everything else together.

Cera frowns softly into Rasta's skin. Yes, he's fine, but..."But you're not," he pointed out softly. "What happened, Rasta?"

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT

Would he feel the way she tensed, the way her heart seemed to refuse to beat? His crown was still resting securely upon her head, and her sides trembled as she choked back the idea of tears. He steps forward, embracing her as she had tried to embrace him. His body wrapping around her withers, pulling her in tighter and seeming to shield her from the world. She says that he's okay, as Ettore lands beside Ilaria (who is squeaking happily), and Ettore offers a wing and clicks his beak, an offer of grooming should the other's companion desire it.

He says that she is not, and she almost wilts at the words. He could tell. And what had happened. Oh, everything had happened. She closes her eyes, takes in a few deep breaths. "I don't… I don't want to be here." she can't help but to choke out. "Midas is gone… Alleo is… I don't know where he is. This isn't my family…"

Her body is shaking, but her heart is numb. "I… If I were to stab myself with branches, do you think I'd even feel anything?" It's a whisper, so far below a whisper that Cera might not even pick up on it. But that notion, it's so strong. It takes all of Ettore's complaints to keep her from pulling the roots from the ground and beginning to stab and cut her flesh - to force herself to try and feel pain. It had to be better than feeling nothing at all, right? It just. It had to. Still, her voice got a little louder, choking out the words once more. "I stayed here for Alleo… and now I don't know where he is. I have no purpose here…" She cringes, body wilting as her mind was. "I'm so numb… just going through the motions…" She feels her voice crack, until she is forced to pause, to take in another deep breath. "I'm not sure how to fix it…"

She can't be strong for him right now. She wants to, but she isn't capable. It's taking all of her to move, to keep standing, to eat (because Ettore kept forcing her to). Oh, she might as well give up and move on.
R
take another breathe

Cera
the Golden Prince

She is a trembling leaf against him, shuddering valiantly against the storms that eternally rage against her. He sighs softly into her skin, letting her lean as much of her weight as she needs against him, willing to be her rock in this next wave of unfair cruelty. It was what he had needed, in his own times of grief at least. He could do that for her, in her suffering. Regardless of what unknown, yet-unspoken trials she faced, he had the strength to shield her and support her now. Even if he hadn't been so whole, he would have scraped together any piece he could find to offer her what she clearly so desperately needed. 

"I don't...I don't want to be here." Ilaria's paws dig into the muscles of his wing joint, and he almost shudders with it. Doesn't allow it, just in case Rasta mistakes it in her grief. She belongs with us, in the Throat, Ilaria snarls inside his head, Cera's protectiveness of Rasta just as strong in the red panda. And for far more than just their mental and emotional connection. Rasta had been one of the few long term friends Cera ever had, one of the few to stick around even when he was in the depths of hell and couldn't see past the shroud of darkness his life had become. But he flinches as she says his father's name, can't help it. No matter how whole he has become, it is a sting that will never die, an ache that will never ease, an emptiness that will never fill. 

"He's dead," he explained blankly. "When my father was stolen by the Basin. He was killed in some freak accident." Didn't, couldn't, explain any more than that. But Alleo...oh, he had so much more to say about that. Teeth gently grasped at the sparse strands at the base of Rasta's mane, tugging on them to jerk her attention more firmly than any few words could. "Then he's a piece of shit for disappearing," he snarled firmly into her skin, eyes sparking like emerald fires, distaste already sinking into the depths of the color. "You deserve so much better than that." What was with him and those he loved, always falling into awful relationships?

Her macabre thoughts should have been surprising, but...Cera had been in that place once before, and he understood why she was entertaining them. "You still would, your body can't ignore physical pain signals even when everything else seems to make you numb. Trust me, I know," he laughed mirthlessly, eyes sightless as he gazed over her shoulder. "Did you know, just a few seasons ago, I asked Gaucho to kill me?" Nuzzled his pale cheek across her skin, stepping closer - not that it was really possible with how close they were already pressed. "But here I am now, and I'm whole. I'm okay. If I can achieve that, so can you." Or at least, he hoped so. 

But he leaps on her next words, backing up and pressing the flat of his forehead towards hers, wanting to share the same breaths and let his own scent and being fill up her senses. "Come home with me," he nearly orders, voice strong. "I rarely leave. Please. Ranjiri would love you, and I can introduce you to Mesec, and we can fix things with Gaucho and I'll always be there..." You're rambling, Cera, Ilaria chides him softly. He quiets, takes a steadying breath. "Just...please? You're not safe here, I don't...I don't like this terrain for you. Please come home." 

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT

I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; this means war
A rock. A solid wall. Something to shield her from everything. Aye, he was so much younger than she. But, she had lost too many - dealt with too much. She clung to every shred of happiness that she even thought was left. If Alleo came back, she'd be happy. If she could just… anything. Oh there was no damn point. He flinches at the mention of Midas. All emotion left him, said he was dead. Her breath caught in her chest. His father… Ettore nuzzles into Cera's withers - offering the emotion and the support that she was unable to bring to the surface at this point.

Her mind fell blank. The world seeming to collapse around her. He had been granted immortality, a position near the Gods and he was dead. She can't. Her mind is spinning. Nothing was sacred anymore, and she's suddenly ready to collapse completely. The tug of her mane brings some of her back - keeps her from collapsing in a ball of empty panic and allows her to focus in on his words. His breath pooled against her flesh and when he says she deserves so much better she doesn't know what to think. "Never allowed… I'd outlive them… He helped me when I couldn't speak…" she's spouting random words - no thoughts truly forming in her head just random flashes of images. "Don't deserve love…" she finally chokes out, tears building in her eyes as Ettore snaps at her. "The dirt no get love. You not dirt." He's hissing, ready to smack her with his wings. He cannot find the right words to chastise her yet, but if he could she knew that she would have gotten a mouthful from him.

She asks if she would feel pain if she stabbed a branch into her flesh and he says that she would. That it wouldn't ignore the pain signals regardless of how numb she felt. Her mind, broken off into a haze, pull the branches from the ground. Sharpening the roots, and then, before Cera had a chance to try and stop her, she slashes herself along her barrel. Aye, not deep enough to damage muscle, but enough to cause blood to begin to percolate from her side. She didn't even flinch when it cut into her, she just stood there - taking the pain. He spoke of asking Gaucho to kill him and she can only snarl. "You would ask Gaucho. He'd be the only one ignorant enough to give it you," she's choking on her haze. The pain in her side is so sharp but it doesn't feel like a part of her. It's this separate entity, and she just wants the numbness to fade. He says that he's whole, that he's okay, and that she can achieve it too.

Oh, how she doubts this. "I felt with Alleo…" she's whispering, before choking out about how she doesn't know what she is supposed to do to fix it. "Cera… make me feel something. Everything is wrong!" A choked sob. And then Cera's backing away and she feels her whole world fall out from under her. She's alone, on a hill, waiting to be invaded. Her lands a game for the other immortals. Then a prison. A prison with a babe in her belly. A babe she still didn't know whether they were alive or not. Love given and ripped from her grasp over and over. A sick game she was having to repeat, never ending. She wants to scream at him not to leave her, but she couldn't get the words out anyway.

Then, as her mind struggles to place anything around her she feels a head against hers, breath matching hers - his breath exhaling on her inhale. She clings to the feeling of his frame - still not really sure what she was supposed to be feeling. "I'll just piss Gaucho off again." she murmurs before adding, "I never fit in there. I don't have wings," a broken cry of uncertainty. "You're… you're the only thing I consider family left… but I'm no use to anyone like this… Why would they even be willing to take me in when I can't help. I want to be with you - but they… I'm not like them."

@Cera
#she'snotreallyhere
fire in the- fire in the- fire in the- fire in the hole
Image Credit

Cera
the Golden Prince

He has nothing to say to her incoherent rambling, if only because he does not understand it. But there is at least one thing he does understand, and he sighs softly to hear it from her tongue, because he had known it would appear there at some point during their reunion. "Everyone deserves love, even the most wretched of souls. My Lord taught me that." There was simply nothing else he could think to say to try and comfort her, not when she would not accept it. He knew she wouldn't, because he knew all too well the darkness that enveloped her so readily. He had tasted it, worn it, breathed it for so long. Even if he was wasting his breath, he had to try. She had, when he'd been in her position. 

It's instinctive to flinch when he sees her cut herself, jolts forward as if to stop her, but Ilaria stops him. Shimmies down his leg and hops over to Rasta to curl her tail around the blind woman's ankle, healing the cut as readily as it appeared. With her motive in mind, Cera sighed softly around the words that Ilaria could not share directly with Rasta. "If that is what it takes to make yourself feel, I won't stop you. But Ilaria will heal you over and over again. If you need the pain then take it, but we will not allow you to keep the damage." No matter how badly it hurt to see her slicing herself open like that. Why would you ever give her that kind of magic? he prayed helplessly to the Earth God. 

But then she goes and insults his family, his Sultan, his father if he ever allows himself to call Gaucho as such. "And you would insult someone you barely even know, someone who has changed without your knowledge. Keep your vile hatred to yourself, it is not the Rasta I know." It is spat right back at her with the same amount of venom, perhaps more for how his soul turns to writhing flames instead of gentle heated coals to hear her speak against the Wildfire. 

Even still he sighs and lets it fall away to turn his forehead to her, because he can't leave her in that darkness alone, no matter her baseless insults. She follows alongside his breaths, and so he deepens them for her sake, making them louder and easier to follow. If this is all he can do...well at least it's something. "My nephew had no wings and a horn and was still welcome and loved upon our sands. Our head healer Sikeax has lived there for seasons with no wings to aid her. And who cares if you cannot help immediately? Many people wander aimlessly on our sands. That is not a problem." That is why they were called citizens, after all. 

"You have to take a chance, Rasta. Do you fit in here? Do they love you here? At least in the Throat you will have me. Isn't one soul better than none?" Okay he was guessing a little there, for she could rightfully have friends in the Falls, but he needed her to come home with him. He could not leave her here, to the wolves of the Falls. To the curse that had hated him as much as the land. 

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT

Aye. She is uncertain of what she's even trying to convey. The words are stumbling out and all she knows is that she has never deserved love. Just pain. Just punishment. But… Cera says everyone deserves love… even wretched souls and she can feel herself swallowing things, struggling to breathe with them going down her throat, and it is all she can manage to nod her head and allow her ears to fall dejectedly to the side.

She needs to feel. Needs isn't even a strong enough word, and she does so the only way she knows how. It hadn't been the intended use of the magic - in fact it had been intended to help shield her and move things if she stumbled to catch her. But… now it was catching her from falling deeper into herself. She's so out of it, that it takes everything in her not to be startled by the companion curling up around her ankle and the feeling of flesh knitting back together. She freezes, hearing his words and tears fall from her eyes. She drops her maw to press against his companion for but a moment - mind racing through so many different scenarios as he speaks of wishing to die.

She snaps. Mind breaking, seeing the desire as proof that Gaucho was not to be trusted. But… it was only her broken mind twisting things in wrong directions. Given a moment to come back up for air she would have realized it was actually proof that he had changed… that he would protect family (as he had said he would when he had gone blind for a quest and found her beaten, threatening to hurt whomever had done so) at all costs - including keeping them alive when they wanted so badly to die.

Cera snaps right back though, and she stumbles - swallowing and feeling like she had been punched in the gut before he returns to her side and helps to calm her breathing. Some sense comes back… as she says she won't fit in, that she'd anger Gaucho once more, that she'd be useless in this state.

He said her lack of wings wasn't a problem, gave examples as well. And then, he said that she had to take a chance and asks questions. "I… I don't know…" she swallows, eyes looking back up to him - blind gaze begging for a chance to focus when her mind couldn't quite sort through the vibrations. She pauses, sorting through everything as her vines simply wrap around her barrel and chest - an armor against her own pain - but makes no attempt to cut through the flesh. "I'll… I'll try to feel another way; I'm sorry…" Her voice is trembling as she speaks before continuing at a softer sound. "Can you… can I have till the middle of Orangemoon…" She's crying, and if it wasn't for the vines wrapped around her she might even had lay down to be sure she wasn't spinning. "To get my thoughts… to… try and see if Alleo comes back… have a chance to tell him I can't be here anymore…"

Hell, she doesn't even know if he is alive anymore. But… right now she doesn't have the courage to leave without offering some kind of goodbye to the stag who had given her a voice when she hadn't had one. "It's just… nothing is right anymore… I just need something right… and I don't want to screw it up."
Image Credit

Cera
the Golden Prince

Rasta's soft breath on Ilaria's skin only causes the panda to purr roughly, soft paw patting on her coronet in place of the words she could not communicate to Rasta. They were creatures not made to converse, and her soul was irrevocably tied to the Golden Prince, but her emotions were her own most days and she held a deep, reserved love for Rasta as she did for most of the few friends Cera had garnered. Utilizing her magic was not a problem, so long as the pale, blind woman did not have to suffer lingering agony. A tortured soul could not be healed so easily, but wounds of the flesh, at least, could be cured with the intent of her magic. 

Both souls patiently awaited the trembling words that crossed her lips like ships on unsteady waters, the minor outburst on Cera's behalf calming once more into gentle coals instead of raging flames. There would be time later to return to the Throat, but they would spend as much time as Rasta needed merely standing before her, bare foreheads touching gently and exchanging breaths. If it helped her in any way, they would submit themselves to it. 

Though their words alone could not convince her to leave with them, she promised to at least think upon it. It was enough for Cera, though he feared for her safety in the Falls. Glancing at her companion, he hoped that whatever had kept her safe these past seasons would continue to safeguard her until the middle of Orangemoon. "Do not change how you think for anyone's sake aside your own. Do it to make yourself happier and healthier, Rasta. Not to please me." It would rather displease him instead if she were to do so. Nevertheless he couldn't not grant her the one thing she'd ever asked of him, though he sighed softly against her muzzle in defeat. Nuzzles against her to try and distract her from her tears. "Take as much time as you need, Rasta. I will always be here."

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT

Rasta felt the gentle pat of a paw against her coronet as she allowed her breath to press against Ilaria’s pelt. Aye, the panda ended up purring and it was enough to keep the mare from pulling more vines to her sides and cutting against her flesh – if only for the moment. She says that she will try and find another way to feel something, and Cera says not to change just to please him. She didn’t think he understood that she was only trying because he had been here each time Alleo had been gone. She wanted to make sure that he was happy – that he wouldn’t worry about her too much. She didn’t deserve the worry; he didn’t deserve to have to worry about her either.

He said that she could take as much time as she needed, that he would be here for her regardless and it makes a sharp pain in her heart. One of the first emotions she had felt in a long time. Even if it wasn’t the best of emotions, it still felt good to know that it was there. ”I feel horrible for making you wait; for always making you worry.” she whispers – trying to focus on his breathing and keep herself calm. ”I don’t deserve the worry, either.” There was a break in her voice as Ettore kneaded at Cera’s flesh with his talons. ”But I can’t thank you enough for caring even when I can’t.”

It was a broken thank you, but it was the truth. It was something she couldn’t shake away. And that thank you was what truly let her realize that this was not her home… it had just been a house for her to stay in while she dealt with understanding all of what was going on in her head.
Image Credit