the Rift

Sun Stained Soul [Open]

Cyrus Posts: 20
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cyrus
The sun was yet another incandescent sphere weighing down rays that turned the young brown foal a glistening copper. The cornflower sky smiled at his tan hair as the wind teased it between subtle gusts. Cyrus was at home here in the feeble thistle grass, it's music playing as he walked. The only sound was the simple sounds of the world, and they chimed so effectively. He loved the simple joys of the world. The world was just so curious to him. Unlike his sister, Cyrus was a plain boy; he enjoyed the simple, calm sunny days. Aylin had this mysterious air about herself, she was seemingly enthralled with the shadows, absorbed in the black bullet-hole skies. She seemed to cringe when displayed to the marvelous sun. The flaxen boy wanted to tell his parents, but he didn't know if they'd believe him. They loved her just like he did, but he felt like she was hiding something. It was as if she was talking about the sun behind it's back. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't succeed to make the moon inviting.

As he wandered about himself, he came to the conclusion that he and his sister had differences. She was a girl and he was a boy - simple as that. Girls obviously liked the moon, and boys preferred the sun.

[Open for anyone; I haven't RPed horses and especially foals in quite a while, so please bear with me ;D]

""

In all Chaos
There is Calculation
please tag cyrus

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Dearest parents,

It is with enormous pleasure that I inform you that I have gone wandering again. My last adventure was such a success you see, that I simply could not resist to do it again! A long, bouncy trot takes me away from the Dragon’s Throat, and today I do not seek out lands in the north of Helovia, today I am just exploring. The Sun beats down upon me, and sometimes it feels like it is draining me of all my energy, other days I seems to be giving me energy – I know not why, I don’t really question these things, I am apparently young and naïve enough to simply accept them and move on with life.

My wings sometimes fold out from my sides and scoop up air, I am getting better you see, at this whole flying business. The wind currents cool the blood vessels that line my feathered appendages, bringing at least some kind of relief from this god-awful heat. My path begins to weave a bit – Father, is this the Thistle Meadow you landed in that day you met Mother? How different it must look to you, I remember you saying it was many feet deep under snow that day! No snow here today, at least none that my electric azure gaze can detect. Small, wispy clouds streak the sky above, and upon my hide I can sense the same string-like patterns weaving their way about my slight form.

Oh look! Look up ahead, a strange creature with no wings! I have met one before, you called them Equines, didn’t you Mother? He is very strange, just like the last one I saw, only he is younger, more my size – though still older than I. His mane is radiant like the Sun, his coat a lovely deep red colour, I must admit he is a bit ravishing even without wings to decorate his withers. With a broad smile upon my lips I approach him, a kind nicker rolling from my chest with ease, as I delicately chose a path between the thistle plants to greet him.

“Hi there! My name is Cirrus! Who’re you?”

I think I am getting quite good at this whole meet and greet thing, don’t you, Mother, Father?

You devoted child,
Cirrus.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
    Hidden Account
    Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
    zz
    [Jack already sorta kinda met Cirrus with Cassi, so I am going to make as if they are acquainted x3]

The oppressive sun watched over Helovia, spreading its fingers over the mountains and hills and prairies and forests like a hot golden blanket. Jackal grazed peacefully beneath the sprawling shade of an impressive oak tree, the tender, lush grasses not yet seared by the sun moist and cool. He flicked his tail to ward off the cloud of insects his pelt attracted, buzzing black gnats with an affinity for blood. And within the tangle of leaves and branches above him, a half-grown bronze rested, sleeping peacefully, scaly sides rising and falling softly. The dun head raised for a moment, trails of loose grass falling from his mouth carelessly.

There was a stream close by, coursing over rocks in the bright sunlight, beckoning the thirsty dun away from his post by the tree. As the red dun moved into the light, his hide slid into a metallic red-gold beneath the sun, fading to a delicate cream color towards the flank.

Through the belly-high grass the colt waded, snatching an occasional bite of dry grass as he made his way through the swaying emerald maze. When he drew close, the appaloosa lept in, hot limbs grateful for the cool reprieve of the water. Although he intended to settle in the creek, immediately his keen ears found the light song of youthful voices. Blue-grey eyes sparkling with mischief, the appaloosa sloshed away from the creek, he left a trail of upturned stones and dirty water.

The colt arched his neck in interest when he spotted the two foals, a golden colt and a familiar blue filly. Ears perking up eagerly, he offered a nicker which vibrated down his throat. They were both mere months younger than he, but already the appaloosa was of a larger frame, although his mane still stood upright and his tail was barely a switch.

"Hey." the dun said to the pair, stopping, eyes narrowing in recognition. He flicked his head towards the sky-filly. "I know you." he said to the odd blue pegasus, an ear facing the flaxen colt.

Cyrus Posts: 20
    Up For Adoption
    Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
    Semper
    Cyrus
    Cyrus was quite at home under quaint, swaying thistle heads. He was well sheltered in the dense brush, all he could see ahead were where the fuzzy violet and emerald ends blending into cyan clouds. It was a gradient, really. The little copper colt moved briskly on his bony legs and soft heels, his tail swishing with abrupt anticipation. The Sun burned happiness across the grasses and occasional trees, but most of all the ginger gale carried into the boy's teal eyes, making them shine with such dandy emotion. Blooms brushed by his inky nose tickling his whiskers as he gazed with his head cocked towards the sky. That was his destination. He dreamt of soaring through those shapeless clouds.

Just as he thought, she swooped down from Heaven. Her blue body blended into the luminescent skies, her outline was the first to become visible as she gracefully collided with the purple grasses. Her voice was just as smooth. The girl introduced herself with the dignity and excitement as anyone else would have. Cyrus was already used to two of the races, but this... This was a little strange. His teal eyes dissected her appendages, burning into the young feathers. There was nothing wrong with them - they were just interesting. Extremely interesting... The flaxen boy stepped closer, regarding her greeting with a simple twitch of the ears. He couldn't put one logical answer in his mind that explained the happenings of these wings. His rapidly running thoughts put an odd smirk on the black skin of his lips. "You're..." He started to speak, but then his voice fell into the swaying grasses as he continued to stare into her. It was perhaps the most intelligent statement young Cyrus could create. "You're cool!" He voice streamed out, growing with sudden excitement. He came to the final conclusion that Cirrus was indeed just like his sister - unique and awesome!

The flaxen boy neared the blue girl, wary of those large wings. He was too young to feel fear from only himself so he was cautious, just like he pictured his parents would be. "Hey, my name's like yours! I'm Cyrus!" He didn't understand why, but he had the most overwhelming feeling - the most dire urge he'd ever had. It was like some sort of itch, throbbing at the very insides of his nose. He wondered so, so badly what she smelt like. So without any further warning towards her, he walked right up and stuck his nose in the mass of feathers - inhaling as deep as he could. Little did he know, dust and dander from those soaring devices soared right up the tiny canals of his nostrils! Strong, staggering coughs shook his tiny frame, and he backed away with his teal eyes closed and nose ruffled. 'That is the worst smell ever!' "You smell weird," the chestnut boy yelled into the brisk summer gale. "Why do they smell like that?" He didn't mean any rudeness by it, he was completely and fully intrigued now. 'Do all with wings smell like that?'

"But don't worry, I think, umm" He paused. "I think you smell good." Cyrus was no good at lying, and it was very obvious.

Somewhere from behind, crunching grass sounded another's appearance. The colt swung around, ears erect to catch a dun's voice. He was like Cyrus, no horn, no wings; bare, but swathed with trillions of white hairs. He boasted shimmering aqua eyes that were fixed on the oddly winged filly. For a second, the young hide of Cyrus almost became defensive over his new-found friend, but as soon as the older colt introduced himself and claimed to have already met with her, he relaxed. "Hi" Cyrus spoke respectfully, always told to respect his elders. He stood quietly as the red dun observed Cirrus. "Who are you?"

[ Oh, I love children! <3 I apologize for the obnoxious length :x ]

In all Chaos
    There is Calculation
    please tag cyrus

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    Beloved parents,

It is a curious world we live in, I never knew that those of non-winged counterparts started out as small as we did, why didn’t you tell me? His lack of wings makes him seem all the more smaller, and though he was slightly larger than me in body, the added expanse of my feathery appendages gave me an appearance of being bulkier. My smile broadens at his exclamation of my coolness – it was a fact I already knew, you see – and I welcome him closer to sniff at my wings. But he steps too close, and just like I might sneeze after having slept beneath your wing too long, mother, he inhales a lot of that soft, fluffy down that resides beneath the longer, oilier feathers. I tried to stop him, but the damage was already done when he inhaled so deeply. I laughed at him, with him, showing him that despite his attempts at covering it up, I forgave any misgivings he might have against my wings. He was after all, only an equine.

“They smell like that because they are too little to be used yet, once I am able to fly properly they will smell more like the sky.” I stop forward, closer to him, brushing my nose against his shiny shoulder, breathing in his own scent. “Your coat smells like the sun, but also like the earth which you walk on.” I observe, before giving him a playful little nip. Looking up, I notice the arrival of a red boy, and I know I have met him before, somewhere – confirmed by the older boy’s words. I smile, unable to remember anything bad happening the last time I met him, it was with you, wasn’t it mother? “Hello!” I said enthusiastically, happy to have a familiar friend out in this big world. “Where’s your friend?” I ask, distinctly remembering the strange winged lizard that so closely frolicked with me in the surf that day. My friend in the Throat, Onni, had a little bird close to always too, while I don’t really understand the concept of it, I can see that sometimes these things just happen. I wonder what it would be like to have another little animal always following you. Maybe there was more to it than just that. Who knows.

I think I’m going to keep up with this exploring thing, beloved parents. I am just having too much fun.

With my love,
    Cirrus.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
    Hidden Account
    Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
    zz
    As the two foals played, Jackal huffed sadly, remembering the time he was as small and delicate as they were. It had been a different time then, when his home was still whole and complete and the dead had not risen from their graves as black shades. His parents were whole and complete, too, and he could almost feel the cool tide swirling about his hooves, the cry of seabirds overhead. He wondered what happened to those poor birds. Were they slain too? Like countless of his kin?

They noticed him, tall and robust and red compared to these children still suckling on their mother's tit. His stomach twisted as he remembered the comforting warmth of his mother when he hid behind her, he too a timid dun newborn, not yet off his mother's tit. The yearling smiled gently, almost sadly, as the golden colt bristled when he approached the two babes, though the boy simmered noticeably when he greeted the filly. "I'm Jackal." the appaloosa said, watching the chestnut with inquiring grey eyes.

Cirrus asked about his bronze and the dun's face lit up. He smiled, genuinely this time, and focused on the slumbering dragon, attempting pull the strings of their bond to rouse him. He felt a faint quivering; the dragon stirred drowsily. "He's coming."

Soaring sleepily from the tree, a flash of bronze zipped over tall grass and thistle, over the lazy whitewater creek and over sprawling red oak. When he saw the two children and his spotted companion, the bronze circled overhead, a vulture with a carcass, leathery wings gliding effortlessly over a warm summer gale. Slowly, the metallic dragon spiraled downwards onto the colt's broad back, cooing quietly as he noticed the familiar blue filly.

Jack's ears twisted back as he felt the weight of the bronze. "This is Dei." he said to the other colt with pride, flicking his thick red tail.