the Rift

[OPEN] paint the sky with stars

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
like the ocean kissed the sky,
at the most beautiful place under the sun
Her wanderings continue, the brightness of summer’s sun glowing along the curve of her back. The water-like streaks that mark her body shine liberally beneath the brilliance, playing across her movements like the rippling of water. She sweats a little, having been spoiled by the Basin’s place in the mountains—spared of Tallsun’s intensity—and thinks of how perfect the mountainous valley must be now. But she is far from her home, trekking across the desert sands of the south (still beautiful in its own right, she won’t deny it).

Squinting her eyes against the rolling heat of the glowing, ever-burning fire, the ocean mare skirts around its borders, her gait increasing to an easy trot as she navigates towards the gaping mouth of the cave system. The darkness that the hollow stone provides offers immediate relief from the heat of Tallsun’s light, the intense warmth of the fire reaching after her and slowly fading as she wanders further into the cooler shadows. It isn’t long before it is only darkness around her, the sound of her cloven hooves clicking against the floor seemingly echoing for miles. Perhaps she might be wary of the blackness, but the ocean mare thinks little of its dangers, delighting only in its relief from the summer’s midday heat.

Allowing the natural curve and flow of the earth beneath her hooves to guide her, Tiamat follows no path in particular through the winding cavern, but it is not an unfamiliar sight that greets her. She notices the change in the cave’s floor first—hard, grainy stone gradually softening, giving gently beneath her weight and almost squelching with every step. Lights flicker then in the darkness, dancing and blossoming in the shadows until the room opens up before her, the foliage’s cool light brightening this extraordinary place.

“The Glowing Room,” she breathes in wonder, a smile softening the corners of her lips, her pale eyes enraptured beneath the mushrooms’ starry light. She has been here once before, many months ago—driven into its beautiful shelter by winter’s winds just as she had by summer’s heat—and her heart leaps with its breathtaking magnificence as it had before. White eyes fall in a short moment of hesitation, searching for the woeful creature that had met her before, but it is only nature’s beauty that accompanies her this time.

With her leonine tail curving behind her in her sense of peaceful excitement, Tiamat walks forward, drawn towards the dull roar of the waterfall. Her brother’s misty cascade offers a coolness to the room’s gentle humidity, far from uncomfortable and quite perfect in its moderate temperature. She smiles at his generosity before lowering her head, silky lips dipping into the crystalline surface to drink.

notes; Sorry it took so long! Set before the Riptide Isles battle.
“Speech.”

image credits | @Galiel
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

Travel. It seemed like that was all I did in this new world I was immersed in. First I wandered into some area that the spotted stallion and Areli called threshold. Psh. Like that meant anything to me. It did however make me curious about this place. What was this place like? What were the lands like? What were all of the inhabitants like? Were they kind, scary, mean, dumb? The spotted stallion, helpful as he was, behaved like some sort of scheming creeper sometimes. Nyx, well, I didn’t necessarily get much of any ideas about her. Areli…I liked her to be honest. She seemed upbeat, relatively carefree, and overall nice to be around. Maybe I’d try living where she lives some day? Or maybe I wouldn’t. Perhaps spending more time around Areli would only drive me crazy? Or maybe it wouldn’t? Decisions, decisions.

One hoof followed after the other as I continued to travel to only a place the great mother knew of. Or did the great mother not know about this place? People around these parts seemed to speak and whisper about some sort of gods that I had never heard about. Perhaps the great mother had no reign, no power over this part of the world? If that was true though then who was I supposed to pray to? Who was I supposed to believe in? Who…who would be my deity?

Without realizing it, I began following a blue hued mare in the distance. Once I did realize what I was doing, I of course decided to hang back and observe her from a distance before approaching her. It took some time for her – and I – to reach a specific place. She seemed like she knew where she was going, I on the other hand did not. So into the cave I went after she did.

Clamoring, clanging, clicking noises ricochet off the cave walls as the mare travels ahead and as I follow. Luckily the echoes of her hoof beats masked the noise of my own otherwise I’d be embarrassed about being caught following her. Every twist and turn I followed the horned mare further and further into the cave until the ground seemed to change. Instead of rocky and hard it grew more and more soft and spongey. Even the air seemed to change what was once cool damp still air (a stark contrast to the air outside) turned into slightly warmer and humid air. My ears twitched as the sound of rushing water whispered in the distance. The mare said something that I wasn’t able to hear nor pay attention to because the lit mushrooms left me awestruck.

What was this place and how did this mare know this place was here?

I took a quick glance towards the mare, but when I did she had already disappeared – heading towards the pool of water. Failing to remember to be quiet while I followed her, I accidentally kicked a rock that – even though the floor was soft – sent a muted rattling sound that made my whole body cringe. The sound echoed off the walls and I knew the mare would definitely hear it unless she was deaf. But that wasn’t all. The rock I had kicked had not only revealed my presence but scratched up my leg. Great. There was no hiding from her now. Soon she would find me. So I try to act natural.

Quickly, my head snaps upward and looks up only to find myself mesmerized by the sight of twinkling lights. Was it the sky? But it was daylight outside when we came into the cave. Were we down here that long already? We couldn’t have been. Then what exactly was going on? Was it some sort of illusion? Some sort of magic that was trying to trick both of us into a trap?

“Vat is zis place?” I softly whisper too amazed to even care anymore whether the mare found me or not. If she found me that was just one more person for me to meet. If not then I could continue following her until I felt like speaking to her. It was just as simple as that.

"speech"

@Tiamat

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Perhaps, were she more aware of her surroundings, the blue mare would have noticed her little companion much earlier; but so absorbed is she in a combination of her own thoughts and nature’s beauty, that it is only when the stone’s clattering echo reverberates off the walls, that her attention is roused from her wistful musings. “Hello? Is someone there?” Tiamat raises her head, dainty ears perking forward as her white eyes roam through the blushing light of the plants. Despite the shadows of fear and worry plaguing her mind lately, haunting the light of her heart, she does not think of the threats that might lie behind the stone’s disturbance—what creatures might be stalking one as innocent as herself.

Beneath the cool glow, so reminiscent of the twinkling light of her sister stars, the young mare’s eyes are beaming with curiosity—excitement, even, for what stranger might befriend her today. There is no consideration that it might be any different in Tiamat’s mind, that whatever individual has followed her would be anything but friendly, so pure and just is her faith in this world’s goodness. She has been untarnished by its black lies and hate, rightly refusing to release her grip on hope and allow her light to be diminished.

It would seem that the heavens have sought to spare her once more in her innocence. Recognizing the outline of a winged equine, haloed by the foliage’s sapphire glow, her eyes grow even brighter and the smile broadens across her lips. The pale stranger is unfamiliar, her figure still lanky and legs gangly with youth, surely with a spirit as unscathed as her own (she could never imagine the horrors and hate that can haunt one so young). “Well hello, little one,” Tiamat shifts her body so that she is angled towards the young girl, the length of her lion tail swaying in her delight, “Have you been following me all this way?” She laughs easily, unbothered by the thought, the sound not unlike the cool, bubbling trickle of the stream.

“They call this the Glowing Room,” the ocean mare’s voice leaves her in wonder, her tone reverent as she appreciates what surrounds them, “it is beautiful, isn’t it? One of nature’s hidden treasures.” Her attention wanders as she speaks, trailing to the lush trees and flowering undergrowth, their vibrancy untainted and untested against the harshness of the world above. Surely there is no amount of words that could accurately describe the feeling of this place; a haven, a preservation of all that is beautiful and good.

With her white eyes settling again on the winged filly, Tiamat reaches forward, extending a silken muzzle in a gesture of friendship and kindness—of acceptance, an invitation to join her at the water’s banks (because why would she not welcome this young stranger into her company?). However, as her gaze falls, the ocean mare notices the scratch on her leg, the scored flesh dark in comparison to her pale skin. “Oh—let me help you with that, I can patch it up if you would like. Does it hurt?” She takes a step closer, the weight of her body leaning forward as she catches and retrains restrains herself from rushing into the filly’s personal space, respecting the filly’s permission. “My name is Tiamat by the way, I’m a healer,” her smile is one of encouragement, nothing but genuine concern and glowing kindness.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Galiel

Hidden Account
Giaerie

Well hello, little one. The words reverberate around the cavernous room and my ears swivel to catch the string of notes that accompanied them in the air. Slowly, I let my eyes fall upon the blue mare that stood just slightly to my side. Behind the mare a long tail seemed to swish from side to side much like that of a satiated cat. I catch myself staring at it as I had never seen anyone with a tail that appeared as thus, but when the mare spoke again and then laughed afterwards I found myself caught off-guard. Did she not care about the fact that I had followed her here? Or did she not understand what could have happened if I were to have been someone else, someone who could harm her.

Luckily for her though I definitely was not someone who was out to harm anybody – not like I could with my current state of mind. Awkwardly I quietly laugh with her while she laughs, but I stopped before she did. It seemed awkward trying to act happy with what happened only several weeks ago. Somber blue eyes looked back towards the ceiling of the cave as I tried to forget. Tried to forget what had happened. Tried to forget just everything bad that happened in my life.

But that was impossible.

They call this the Glowing Room. My eyes shift towards her when she speaks the name of this place. Certainly it wasn’t quite an imaginative name but it fit the place regardless. An ear tilts in the mare’s direction when she asks me if it’s beautiful and a short lived faint smile grew upon my lips. Yes, this place was indeed beautiful, but for some reason I found myself unable to answer. Maybe it was because I was afraid that if I spoke I would break out crying. Maybe it was because this place was just that beautiful. Maybe it was just because I didn’t know what to say in front of this mare. Only the great mother would know I guess. So I just merely nod my head in agreeance and keep listening.

The mare went on to saying how this place was one of nature’s hidden treasures and then, after some time, I could feel her looking at me. Tearing my gaze away from the scenery surrounding the two of us, I looked towards her only to see her reaching to me with her muzzle extended in a friendly manner. At first my head gathered closer to my body out of the suddenness, but then I started to extend my own muzzle to accept her offer. That is, until she looked down and broke out asking if my scratch hurt and saying that she could patch it up and what not.

“Uh,” I mutter as I seemed to be caught off-guard. Honestly the thing was just a scratch it would heal on its own in time, but it did hurt a little I guess so why not.

“Sure,” my voice rings out in the silence as I extend my leg outwards to make it easier for her to do whatever she was going to do. Before she starts anything though she decides to introduce herself. Tiamat and she was some sort of healer. Guess it was time for me to do the same.

“Galiel,” I start off with just my name as I began to grow curious. Mother was a healer and Tiamat said she was a healer too. Was there a difference between the two? “Vat does a healer do here? You von’t use majick vill you?”

For a moment, I remembered how the spotted stallion wanted to heal Areli of her sickness and a shudder coursed through my body forcing me to reposition my wings. Mother and father had always said that magic never existed and yet when I came to this land it seemed as though it did, but the only magic I had experienced seemed like it was bad magic. Painful magic. Dark magic. Maybe there were other types of magic out there, but as of yet I had seen or heard of none. Thus my reluctance towards magic. Hopefully Tiamat wasn’t going to use magic, but I only just knew her. She could be some extremist serial mass murderer out to kill little winged fillies who were lost like myself for all I knew. Hopefully she wasn’t. At least, she didn’t seem like that type of person, but anybody could hide behind a mask.

"speech"

@Tiamat

The winged filly is mostly quiet at first, say nothing and eyeing the blue mare with what would seem to be a hesitant gaze. Tiamat waits patiently, her nose still outstretched to give the little stranger time to adjust to the idea, with a soft smile warming the corners of her lips. It is not an uncommon thing for strangers to pause when she reaches out to them. While it is nothing but normal for the young unicorn, she recognizes that not all are so trusting and open to others—particularly those they are unfamiliar with—and while she can’t understand it, she accepts the fact graciously. In any case, the last thing she would want to do is to frighten this young one.

With her leonine tail grazing the spongy ground behind her, the ocean mare’s smile broadens when the filly reciprocates her gesture, the velvet skin of their muzzles grazing briefly before her healer’s heart calls her attention to other things. Her new fledgling friend only hesitates for a breath before giving her permission to tend to her wounded leg. Grinning kindly and trying to convey her pleasant encouragement, Tiamat drops her fine head to inspect the injury closer. “I’m glad to have met you, Galiel,” white eyes glance up from her lowered position, nothing but honest pleasure in her voice (for surely it is not simply manners that compels her to say such things, but her genuine delight to have met someone new).

Returning her focus to the filly’s small wound, it becomes obvious that it is only a shallow abrasion, just enough grazing of skin to expose the fleshy muscle beneath. Nonetheless, spots of blood have begun to appear, pricking forth in slow, fat drops from the narrow scratch. Just as she reaches to sift through the herbs entwined in her hair, fluted ears rotate with Galiel’s question. Tiamat pauses to watch as she speaks, noticing the filly’s apparent discomfort—perhaps even fright—with the mere mention of magic.

She purses her lips before raising her head to its natural position, lowering it then a few degrees so that she is more evenly leveled with the younger equine. “Magic? No, I don’t have any magic—not yet anyway. Only the highest ranked healers of the herds are bestowed special magic from the Gods,” the mare’s tone becomes almost wistful, the chiseled lines of her features softening and her eyes glowing brightly beneath the cool blue light of the plants. “One day I hope to be so fortunate; I was promoted not too long ago though!” She laughs breezily, ever so thankful for the opportunity her Lord and mentor had granted her. She doesn’t intend to let them—or anyone else—down.

Humming gently to herself, Tiamat returns her attention to the abrasion. Quickly making a salve of a combination of all-heal (to prevent any infection from settling in) and valerian root (to reduce any pain or swelling that might occur), she spreads it gently over the wound before snatching a strand of seaweed from her tail. Carefully but firmly she manages to wrap it around Galiel’s leg, acting as a bandage of sorts, to keep both the balm and scuffed skin undisturbed.

“There,” the ocean mare raises her head and steps back, giving the winged filly her space again while offering her a bright smile, “your leg should be as good as new before long—just try to keep out of too much trouble.” Her laughter comes easily, happily, friendly in her tease and obviously with no ill intent. Quieting after a short moment, Tiamat fixes Galiel with a more intent gaze, gentle but curious. “Does magic frighten you, little one?” She does not mean to offend the filly, of course, and it is asked with a gentle and unassuming tone. She can imagine how daunting magic can be. She remembers clearly the first time she had felt the exchange of magic—how different and strange it had been, but utterly wonderful all the same! Perhaps Galiel hasn’t been so fortunate.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Galiel

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
z
è
k
l
è
Geliel needn't have worried about filly-murdering psychopaths, for she had a secret guardian- a super guardian?- no- a badass guardian, sticking to the shadows and watching everything. He'd noticed the girls not long after their voices began to ring, flute-like, through the system of tunnels and caverns. Zero knew the heart caves well- heck, he practically lived there.*

*(Except when he lived in the Throat. I mean technically he lived in the Throat most of all of the time. But the Throat didn't have nearly as good rocks as the cave did, and so he spent a lot of time in the caves, you see, and-

Ahem. Anyways.)

He'd noticed the girls a short way into their conversation, his slight head pulled from a very interesting rock by the word Galiel. Until that point the lightning child had tuned out these invaders in his cave, too interested was he in this particularly magnificent specimen of green opal. But Galiel was a word the boy had never heard before, and it was in his nature to be drawn to the new. Maybe it was an adventure! Zero grabbed up the shiny rock, shoving int into one of Squishy's many crevices, then pivoted quickly on spindly legs, taking care not to make too much noise.

It was rare that Zero got to be sneaky, really sneaky, but the plants in the glowing room had a talent for muting sound, and the girls didn't seem to have noticed him yet. With exaggerated caution the boy crept closer, every muscle tight and alert and quivering with hardly suppressed excitement. He could see them now, a unicorn mare and a pegasus filly even smaller than him. They were both so pretty (which was a new experience for Zero, noticing the prettiness of girls), especially the filly, and Zero felt an unfamiliar yet not unpleasant flush rising to his cheeks. Being a small and inexperienced boy, he quickly excused this sensation as your everyday excitement at making new friends- but it was definitely there, and he was definitely enthused.

The blue mare was talking about magic now, and Zekle leaned closer to listen. He might have gone on unnoticed forever, had it not been for a terrible clanging which certainly came from Squishy, and not from the boy tripping and banging his metal side against an outcropping of stone. Never one to be caught in a mistake, Zero spun to face his stone companion, an aghast expression on his boyish face. "Squishy! What're y'doin', spyin' on people?! You know that's not okay!"

Sunbeam eyes turned back to the girls, a sheepish grin spreading across the yearling's face. He bounded toward them, his cover blown, tailfeathers raised in an attempt to appear particularly dashing. "Sorry 'bout Squishy, he isn't so good with people." Behind its master the golem toddled up, emerald eyes expressionless in a copper face. The boy went on.

"Anyway, my name's Zero, an' I gots magic, an' that's how I made Squishy, so there's nothin' to be scared of, see?" This was addressed specifically to Galiel, and was accompanied with a flourish of his single wing for emphasis. The boy was boasting, but was he really boasting when it was true? Magic had never done anything bad to him.

He glanced at his shoulder.

Well, almost.

The metal on his side glowed eerily in the bio-luminescent light: the plate of it practically encompassed his left, though his right had yet to be consumed by the stuff. Zero's enthusiasm was infectious, his oblivion to the gravity of situations complete. He grinned his crooked grin and splayed his single wing, and dared the world to challenge his joy, because it was his, and he was gonna share it, and that was that!
Image Credit

@Galiel - Hello this is Zero and he wants to be your new best friend.

Hidden Account
Giaerie

I relax a little when Tiamat says she doesn’t have any magic, not yet at least. My head tilts somewhat sideways though when she goes on talking about how only the highest ranked healers of herds are given magic from the Gods. Gods? There was more than one god here? Was one of them the great mother? Just who were these other gods that she spoke of?

“Gods?” I speak questioningly, “You mean zere is more zan ze great muzzer?”

Shortly after that however I was slightly taken aback when Tiamat spoke about one day hoping to be fortunate enough to get magic. She wanted magic? But magic was so, so bad. It was mean and hurtful and not normal. Magic shouldn’t exist because all it seemed to do was hurt those that either used it or those it was used upon. At least that was my experience thus far. But if that was true then why would Tiamat want magic of all things? Was there good magic out there? Was there magic that instead of harming actually helped others?

Tiamat gives a short and cheery laugh before she continues on with whatever it was that she was going to do. But when she does, she begins humming to herself as she smashes plants together to make some sort of paste and then spreads it over my scratch before wrapping it in some sort of slimy grass thing. Although I was grateful for what she did, I couldn’t help but feel slightly somber. Her humming. Mother always used to hum while she worked. Mother said she did it because it comforted her patients, but now all it did was remind me of her.
“Muzzer used to hum to people she helped too,” I began in a melancholy tone until slowly I found myself singing the lullaby that mother used to sing to me, “Twilight falls o’er ze hills and lake, So rest your head ‘til you vake,” My voice rose and fell with each note in a melodic manner with each rolled r and my foreign accent becoming more prevalent, “Rest ‘til morrow. ‘Till morrow. My darling, ‘til morrow. Sleep and dream avay.”

The end.

A quiet pause fell between Tiamat and I before she decided to look at me a curiously and then asked if magic frightened me. To be truthful, it did. It scared the living daylights out of me. Magic was something that I was brought up to believe didn’t exist. And when I first realized that it did in fact exist it was that Nyx lady using her lightning magic to zap Areli. It looked like it hurt…a lot.

“Muzzer and fazzer told me zat majick doesn’t exist,” I began with the intention of continuing my story but before I could a loud clanging sound erupted in the quiet air of the glowing room. Before I knew it my blue eyes were falling upon a boy who seemed about my age and yelling at something apparently in the rocks. Then he turned to us and I felt heat rush to my cheeks. Did he…did he hear everything that I just said and sang? Why didn’t he say anything sooner? Why didn’t he do something? So after he apologized for his…Squishy…I sat and stared at him for a few seconds with a sort of dumbfounded look, “How long vere you here? How much did you hear?” my voice wavers slightly as I ask the questions merely out of embarrassment. Mother’s song, my singing it wasn’t meant for every ear in the world to hear. In fact, singing it in front of Tiamat was already slightly embarrassing, but to know that somebody else could have heard it without me realizing. That was really embarrassing.

Zero. That’s what he says his name is and he even continues saying that he has magic and that’s how he made his Squishy. So there is nothing to be scared of.

Wait, what?

Nothing to be scared of?

He could make this giant rocky thing…that he named Squishy. Who the hell names something made of rock and metal Squishy? Slowly, I took a step closer to Tiamat out of caution. This boy was weird, but why did I feel so weird myself around him? Blue eyes gleam in the luminescence of the glowing room as I looked at him, watched him. He seemed…happy? A glint caught my attention to his left side as he moved about and I noticed how he only had one wing.

What happened to his other wing?

Did magic do it?

And yet he seemed happy. Like nothing in the world could bring him down. Like nothing was wrong and as he grinned I couldn’t help but begin to feel like everything would be okay someway or somehow despite what had happened.

“Vat happened to your wing?” I started asking him shyly as I put myself back between him and Tiamat like I was before, “I mean, if you don’t mind me asking.”

How could he just seem so happy, so oblivious to how the world was around him? Like the fact that he didn’t have a wing?

It was right then and there, albeit secretly, I wished I could be more like Zero.

"speech"

@Tiamat @Zèklè

“Yes! There are four, each a patron to a herd,” Tiamat smiles gently when questioned about the Helovian gods. To be honest, the ocean mare doesn’t know much about the deities herself, and with the recent battles that have risen with each one, her heart struggles to grasp at favorable opinions. Aren’t gods meant to protect, teach, and guide? Not bring hate and bloodshed to those who would sacrifice themselves for their divinity’s cause…but, the blue mare has come to realize that she cannot understand everything, their reasons are likely honorable, and—if nothing else—they warrant her respect. As much as she hates the violence, she can’t help but cling to her hope, and accept that all will be well in the end.

Shifting her weight and pressing her mind forward to more encouraging things, Tiamat looks down at the filly softly, her brow knitting together in an expression of curiosity. “Is there a different god where you come from?” It isn’t difficult for the ocean mare to piece together that Galiel likely isn’t a native to Helovia. While the young one’s questions might simply rise from a sheltered youth, her strange accent promotes other possibilities—possibilities that inspire Tiamat’s own questions (concerned as to why a filly would be left on her own at all, much less in an entirely new world).

Her heart goes out to Galiel, and she is tempted for a moment to reach out to her, embrace her, comfort her, and be there for her, but Tiamat manages to resist. After all, she has only just met the filly, and while her intentions might be nothing but honorable and caring, Galiel might very well see it differently coming from a stranger (even if they hardly feel like strangers at all). Settling with a warm expression, the ocean mare listens when the winged filly speaks of her mother, her accented voice drifting into a song.

“That’s very pretty, Galiel,” Tiamat murmurs, her voice hushed with emotion at the beauty and sentiment behind the girl’s lovely song, “my mother sings to me too.” She thinks of the wind as it descends from the clouds, humming over the hills and whistling through the crevices in her horn, nature’s song given to her. It clenches her heart, twisting it painfully, to think that Galiel might never hear her mother’s voice again—the thought too terrible to even spur the query to her tongue.

Instead she falls silent, listening when the filly continues, explaining her ignorance of magic. It seems so foreign to the ocean mare, to not believe, or to be afraid. “Magic is all around us,” she breathes in a breath of wonder, reverent almost, as she thinks of all the miracles and wonders—both god-sent and not—that proves such magic lives around them. It is truly marvelous. The ocean mare sighs to herself, intending to continue on that thought, when a loud clanking suddenly erupts through the serenity of the cave.

Tiamat is startled at first, muscles clenching as she prepares to shield Galiel from whatever it is, though her heart suddenly calms when the boy emerges with his…golem (and such a fascinating mechanism it is!). The mare chuckles blithely, relaxing with a smile softening her lips as Zero apologizes. “That’s quite alright. It is very nice to meet you, Zero—and you too, Squishy,” she gives a dainty curtsy of her head to each of them, white eyes alight beneath the blue glow, “My name is Tiamat.” Fluted ears prick forward when Galiel speaks, questioning Zero about his—wing? Peering closely at the colt, it is only then when she notices it—or rather, the lack of it. Instead there seems to be metal. “Does it hurt?” Her brow furrows in concern, her healer’s heart beating and leaping in her desire—need—to aid.

notes; Sorry for the wait!
“Speech.”

image credits | @Galiel @Zèklè c:

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
z
è
k
l
è
He had the good manners to look slightly abashed, though not particularly so- it was Squishy who'd been eavesdropping, after all. "Well Squishy heard ya talkin' 'bout magic, an' since he's prac-ti-cal-ly made of magic, he thought he oughta tell you 'bout it." If he had heard her singing he did not say so, and the innocent sparkling of sunbeam eyes easily compensated for any guilt upon his face. Zèklè's smile was an infectious thing, his happiness not to be bogged down by his own harmless mistakes.

His eyes widened at the blue mare's curtsy, and the boy grinned again, plunging himself into an elaborate bow, striving not to trip over his hooves as he did it. Tiamat, huh? Curiously the boy inspected the seashells and ocean debris that adorned the mare's mane and tail, wonder brightening his dark face. Did she spend a lot of time by the ocean? Had she ever met a whale? She was even more blue than his Ma, blue like the markings on his back and wings, and the boy ruffled his tail feathers unconsciously, his gaze returning to her face.  "D'you like the ocean?" he asked her boldly, his own fascination for the deep spilling into his boyish voice.  "I met a whale at the ocean once. Have you ever met a whale?"

That last bit may have been boasting. Just a little.

Then the question came, and his joy faltered.

"Nuthin' happened to it!" the boy replied (too) loudly, his mouth a tight line of defense. He was powerfully aware of the metal that covered his barren side, and just how much it itched. He yearned to pick at it, to pull it off, but held himself still, silver eyes questioning the creamy girl, daring her to mock him. "I jus' never got one, that's all."

Then his expression brightened, the dark cloud of unhappiness lifting as quickly as it appeared.  "But one day soon I'mma ask the gods if they can give me a new one, an' then I'll be able to fly jus' like you!" This was spoken with a painful certainty, a childish faith that he needed, held onto with overwhelming ferocity, because if the Gods couldn't help him then who could? Cheerfulness back in his youthful face, he turned back to Tiamat's voice, a playful grin splitting his lips.  "Nah, but it itches, an' I can peel it off an' stick it to Squishy- see!"

And he did a demonstration for the ladies, whether they wanted or not, relieving his itch and showing off his skill at the same time as he pulled away flecks of titanium and magically adhered them to his eternally patient golem, whose expression, if he had one, would have read along the lines of oh, brother.

Image Credit

@Galiel

Hidden Account
Giaerie
galiel
Tia smiles at me as she exclaims that there are four gods and that each of them are a patron to a herd. A look of confusion started to grow upon my face, I could feel it. Four gods? I only knew of the Great Mother and now I was being told that there were three others?! I was already made aware that there was obviously magic in this world. What else was there to be revealed to me?

‘Is there a different god where you come from?’ I almost gasp. Like how could she ask such a question? Is there a different god? She just said there were four of them! If she knew of all four then she obviously had to know about the Great Mother – right?

“I only know of ze Great Muzzer,” I began slightly abashed, “I don’t know ze uzzer zree zough.”

I ruffled my feathers slightly as Zero seems to be focused on talking about his Squishy. Then he smiles. But his smile was not normal. No. It was something that despite how you felt you couldn’t help but smile back. No matter how that smile was to come out. As in my case, my smile was soft and shy and fleeting. It quickly disappears when he starts talking to Tia about the ocean and seeing a…whale? What in the world was a whale? I didn’t bother to ask. But whatever a whale was it seemed to be rather a to do.

Then my attention is abruptly cut back to the conversation from pondering what a whale was by Zero loudly exclaiming that nothing happened to his wing. Blue eyes looked stared at him as he seemed to grow unhappy by my asking of it. Before I could say anything though he continued one saying how he never got one. Never got a wing? So he was only born with one wing? My heart went out to him.

He wouldn’t be able to fly with only one wing.

‘But one day soon I’mma ask the gods if they can give me a new one, an’ then I’ll be able to fly jus’ like you!’ My eyes drifted towards the ground as he said that. Fly just like me huh? “I don’t know how to fly,” I admit through a quietly shy voice. Hooves pawed at the ground beneath as Tia asked him if it hurt. Did what hurt? It was then that my eyes really caught a good glimpse at what had glinted earlier. Metal? He had metal where his wing should have been. Ears flicked forward as Zero spoke about how it only itches and how he could peel it off and stick it to his Squishy.

Then he proceeded to demonstrate.

My face molded and transformed from ambiviliant to curious and finally to grossed out. “Ew, that’s gross!” I say not meaning to offend him, but thinking that this Squishy was made out of pieces of Zero…it was just gross. I mean who does that?

Zero. That’s who.

"Talk."
tags;; @Tiamat @Zèklè
You cannot be a hero,
without being a coward.
image credits

Please tag me in ALL posts!
Use of magic and force on Gali is permitted so long as there is no permanent serious injury or death.

“I love the ocean!”

The blue mare crows with honest enthusiasm, the smile on her lips widening enough to reach and brighten her eyes. Of course, that might just be the understatement of the century. Tiamat isn’t quite sure if she would ever be able to put into words how much she loves the sea (accurately, at least), considering that every fiber of her being pulses and sways with the ocean’s tides. They are connected after all, family, bound together with the most beautiful and pure love of all. She is the ocean’s daughter, and she loves her Papa with the unadulterated and endless love that any child gives their parent (as ignorant as she is to the world’s black secrets, unaware that some families might not be as happy as her own).

With her long tail flickering behind her in her blissful excitement, Tiamat focuses again on the bright, one-winged colt. “Although I don’t think I’ve ever met a whale before…what was it like?” Her white eyes are round with curiosity, genuinely wanting to hear all about his experience. The creatures of her father ocean—or anything born from nature’s beauty—is nothing short of fascinating for the blue mare. She has a curiosity that can hardly be quenched, a heart of kindness and healing, and a desire to share it with the world. Everyone is a friend, as far as she is concerned.

However, the white clouds that had descended around her are suddenly blustered away, fading into wisps when the boy’s voice becomes bold and challenging. Tiamat’s brow knits together in concern, her attention wavering between the two children before settling on Zero. Her tongue grows heavy with the weight of words, wanting to comfort him and assure him that Galiel harbors no ill will, but he continues before she is able to speak.

Her spirits are buoyed once more by his enthusiasm, having nothing but faith that the Gods will be kind to him. Although their recent acts have left her confidence in them shaken, Tiamat doesn’t—cannot—doubt that they could possibly turn away a boy as bubbly as Zero. Exhaling quietly from her nostrils, the young mare presses her lips gently to Galiel’s poll when she admits her inability to fly, attempting to assure the filly that she needn’t be embarrassed. “You are both young—you have plenty of time to earn your wings and learn to use them,” she smiles encouragingly to them both. Of course, Tiamat knows next to nothing about flying. She has never flown herself, despite her desire to do so someday, but surely it takes some time to learn? She can’t imagine that newborn foals would have the capability to (successfully) throw themselves into the air, but she could be wrong. In any case, her point is to make both Galiel and Zero feel better again.

Peel it off?” The ocean mare questions when Zero explains his metal side, her pretty head tilting and her eyes watching him closely. It doesn’t necessarily look comfortable for him to pull off the titanium, but he doesn’t seem to be in any pain while he does it, so Tiamat’s heart is relieved of her worry. Her lips parting in amazement, she laughs airily when he proceeds to mold them to his friend. “It looks like Squishy will be as dashing as you in no time!” She shakes her head with a smile, eyes glancing briefly to Galiel. “That’s a very unique gift, young man,” she nods her head to him, truly amazed, eyeing the metal on his body before she continues. “Where do you come from?” It is directed to both of them, fluted ears pricked attentively.

“Speech.”
@Galiel @Zèklè | image credits