the Rift

i watched, i let it burn

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

I know its me they come to see

my pleasure brings them to their k n e e s

The Lady thought she had seen a ghost; a ghost that lived, that breathed, that crossed her path and walked out into the world of Loorien, out and away from Helovia.

And so, she had followed the ghost, as many would do, curiosity, the need to know, carrying her away from the wind smoothed thrones of the mountain she had come to think of, quite vehemently, as hers.

Surely it would be there waiting for her, she thought, a vain creature if there ever was one; surely no one would see the void left in her absence and grasp it.  Besides, she had to know if the ghost was real, or if she had simply gone mad and hadn’t the taste or sense to notice.

Into the night they had gone, she and Kyst, a third – her son – trailing along some distance behind the two more bold and learned of the adventurers.  If either the griffon or the mare had knowledge of Rikyn’s presence on their tail, neither bothered to care or to turn around, even to remember him in their magically shared recollection of those first legs into the unknown.

Not to say that the golden bitch hadn’t been out of Helovia before – she had – but the person she followed took a northern route that she had never yet travelled, one that brought the rains that allowed her to slip away from the boy who struggled to catch up to her, and one that blurred the remnants of the trail which she herself followed.

But it hadn’t blurred it all away, had it?

She enters the realm of Helovia with her griffon along her back, a seemingly regular portrait of the two who had been together for long enough now that Illynx’s memory placed the griffon in mental scenes that she had very much not been present for, their hearts so entwined that the golden crowned unicorn found great difficulty imagining a life without her companion at all.  The only difference between this image and the countless other times they have been seen together in this forest of welcome, of farewells, is that the mare now shows her age in the silver details which now etch along her features, and that the griffon is much matured as well.

’Don’t know why you came back anyway,’ morosely comments the bird creature, ’you are nobody now.’

The mare stops, suddenly, harshly, sending the griffon yowling and scrambling for purchase on the shining metal upon which she rides; Illynx’s ears pin fast to her head, golden eyes glowing with an anger that is sudden, and famed for being so.  Standing beneath the shade of a tall pine, the Gildedblade lets every ounce of her outrage at being called such a thing pour through their mental bond, forces it through their mind link until the griffon’s mind shudders, her speckled wings pulling tight to her amber and ash dappled sides.

Even the mental hymnal that is the bitch’s voice is cold as ice as it cuts through the warm bond of their thoughts.

’I’ve never been nobody.’

Artist | Background | Horse Head | Horse Figure | Table by Time

@Sno
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Heavy hooves tread as lightly as possible through the crisp dried out foliage as the pair once again takes a trek through the threshold. Little success had been found here recently but if you gave up there would be no knowing what might have been. Kiara brought up the rear this time taking her time to scan through all the various scents that he could not distinguish between. Occasionally she would alert him to anything out of the ordinary but for the most part it was the same old things wandering around. Skunks, rabbits, deer, you name it and it was likely here at some point or another and if it happened to be prey Kiara was either wanting to look for it or just pass along all the unecessary details of their disadvantages in life. Most of the time it ended up with the animal becoming her supper which was more than he really ever needed to know.

As they continued to weaved through the trails it was the faint feminine scent that caught his attention drawing his advance to a halt. Silver eyes scanned the trees not finding much until a flash of gold came from between the trees. Pricking his ears he couldn't help but think that he remembered this scent from somewhere but with it being the threshold he tried to quite those thoughts for anything was a possibility in here. Walking on to try and solve the mystery he rounded a bend only to find an old friend walking along. "Illynx? Is that you?" He questioned a little confused as to why she was out here wandering the threshold. Scanning over her frame there was no mistaking the memorable gold markings decorating the mare's extremities that also gave her a very regal appearance. It had been quite some time since they had last run into each other and from the looks of it much had changed in both their lives. While he didn't know about what had changed about Illynx other than the Griffin perched upon her shoulders, much had changed for him.

He was no longer that stallion she had met many seasons ago who wished to discuss the loyalties of what it took to become king or queen. No that version of himself was long gone and twisted around in many circles before being spat out the other side of hell. His outlook on certain aspects such as love had drastically changed thanks to his not so loving former partner that had done the worst things possible to break him. It was a strange and foreign feeling to be left with so much emptiness when before it had been fulfilled by what he had assumed to be love at the time. How wrong could he be? Turns out that he hadn't even the slightest idea on what actual love felt like for it seemed to be the only thing he had felt was one sided. He had been foolish and young back then but he would know better than to make that mistake again a second time. "How have you been?" He asked with a gentle smile.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Illynx •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind :) ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

She hasn't been to the groves of the Threshold for quite sometime. Even when she visits she rarely comes away with a shiny price for the Basin. Most of her energy is spent studying fungus, herbs and the trees. Today the feeling just swept over her – it has told her to go to the Thresh. She listens, she always listens to her whimsical feelings...for they usually lead to an exciting adventure.

This morning she spent some time toiling through the summer blooms and various fungus patches scattered around the Deep Forest, collecting thoughts and samples. Her collections were always carefully wrapped in big, thick leaves [only found in and around the Falls] and sent off with Phrixus who stored them back in her cave awaiting her arrival. She's finished now, however, and moves onward toward the sentinel pines of the Threshold.

She canter's until she reaches the pond and it's giant tree companions. The raven swoops passed, ruffling pieces of her pale mane against her patchy neck. He soars ahead and gains altitude, making small circles in each direction. He search is quickly over however and he lets out the loudest call Tangere has ever heard come out of him. She instantly freezes and looks upward, yeah right, she muses. He is far away. I can tell. She waits for his call again. WHERE ARE YOU? She connects with him finally and his mind signals images of where his and...who he has found.

Illynx!?

Her smiles to herself, her canter sloppily morphing into a hard run. Her lungs heave and sweat beads on her chest and between her thighs by the time she gets close to where the golden woman is. She has someone attending her already Tangere notices as she practically slides to a stop across the moss and roots. “Holy shit!” She grins, breathing heavily for collecting herself. Suddenly she realizes it is Ciceron that has greeted her. No doubt he means to take her back to his home. She decides not to dwell on that...She dons a smile for him as well, nodding pleasantly, “Hello Ciceron. You look well, my friend!” Her eyes seem to jump back onto the GildedBlade, “I am so happy to see you again, dear Illynx.” She keeps her grin but her gaze seems to dull for a second...she contemplates asking where the former Queen has been but decides it's best left alone. “Please tell me you're coming back to us, GildedBlade,” She giggles, tossing her tail across each hip, her ear bending to the raven's landing above. “Funny how I am here now to recruit you...the very one who recruited me.

Image By PSILO!

@Illynx
@Ciceron

<333 omgeeee she's baaaack

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

The voice is familiar, but to the wench’s ears alone – the griffon is impassive, her ice eyes cold as the color they shine as the turn about with the aureate gaze of the gilded one, the spark of interest which flashes through the veins of the unicorn a foreign hum in the heart of her bonded, who looks over to the stranger because he is not really a stranger at all. Very little else causes the cat creatures head to turn, and so it is with some surprise that Kyst lays eyes upon the splendid snow pelted beast which prowls alongside the strange silver male.

Together, both bird and woman feel their souls bask in the grace of the two, Illynx of the silver stag (as she had the first night she’d met him, his shining pelt and natural good looks hard to ignore, though certainly less… poignant than they had been that evening in the snow, in the dark), and Kyst the primal power of his bonded. While the griffon is little impressed by the prettiness of the tiger’s unicorn, she is certainly awed by the strength that the pale cat holds in each movement of her figure – though she smugly praises her own flight, pitying her ground cursed cousin.

The golden one only pities the stallion his company, that he has never lived in the snow among the true Kings and Queens of Loorien, though she does not feel this way until he grows closer, and she can smell the stench of green lands upon him still (though there is no smell of Midas, she thinks, the name bittersweet) – her griffon’s commiseration is almost immediate, as it is for anything that cannot fly as she can.

Ciceron, she says, her voice sweet as maple candies in the Tallsun heat, sticky, warm, laced with a smile that is delightfully dulcet, a mask worn over the bleak soul within that curdles and poisons all it touches, I have been well, good sir. How have you fared, since we last met?

She hopes well enough – as she does for any she meets wearing a crown, though she will unlikely bother to worry about him much at all until she happens upon him again.

She’s got too many selfish things to fret over without the addition of some beautiful man or another.

The sudden thundering arrival of another makes the griffon take to the air with several hard beats of her wings, her feline hind legs tucked up towards her belly and her tail angling downwards. Tight against her head, her ears are little tips as Tangere slides into view, her hooves clumsily clunking against the roots, leaves and dirt flying erratically, the golden mare herself having turned to look upon whoever was charging her with some measure of defensive surprise.

Holy shit! says the silver and white woman, dissolving Illynx’s tension into a smile and gentle laughter, which in part delights in the younger mare’s joy to see her – and in mockery of her companion, whose feline ego fizzles angrily to have been deceived as she floats back down into her customary position, banded tail writhing with hostility.

That the two similarly colored unicorns in her company know one another intrigues the wench as to why, but the thoughts are short lived as the healer turns about in a flurry of interest and pleasantries. At first, it’s all very flattering, and then…

”…to recruit you…”

Kyst’s laughter peals like razor lined bells in Illynx’s head, an audible chitter and clacking of her beak sounding aloud in the forest as the GildedBlade raises her head so suddenly, her golden eyes broadening. An unusual crack in her finely created guise, a sure sign she had been away too long – if the fact that she was considered claimable wasn’t a good enough indication.

’Told you. Nobody,’ chortles the griffon, the feathers along her neck rising in utter glee at her companion’s inner raging.

The unicorn smoothes the lines out of her mask; she even manages to smile, a smile that manages to put a false light of amusement in her golden gaze (or maybe its because she imagines goring the woman through her chest).

Who is us, darling? she asks, a dangerous interest delicately framed in friendly curiosity (who is wearing my crown), I fear we have only just arrived, and no very little of the condition of the realms.

She looks to Ciceron, again scenting the absence of the painted Czar among the smells of fertile river lands, wondering just how many towers might have toppled while she wandered Loorien, unable to guess just how very many truly had.

@Ciceron @Tangere
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Flicking his ears to an incoming crash the grey turned to find Tangere making her way over to them. Fancy meeting up with her again so soon he mused thinking to only a couple weeks earlier when she had aided him with some mushrooms and other herbs to try and treat a rather large open laceration. Whatever it was that had been given to him had definitely made him feel something other than the pain. Kiara's description would likely be much more entertaining than what little he could remember of the incident. Many of the mushrooms had certainly given him much more than he was expecting and after taking them the rest of the time was a blur. The one thing he had forgotten about the mare's instructions was to only take the odd piece here and there as needed due to the hallucinogenic properties they contained. Who would have really expected him to remember not to eat the whole lot at once when he had literally just fried his brains by electrocuting himself? Lots of vibrant colours definitely came to mind after taking them but as to what else he happened to do in his rather intoxicated state was completely beyond him.

Nodding formally in greeting to Tangere he then turned his attention back to the other lady in his presence. It would be interesting to see what response she would conjure up to explain this apparent lengthy absence, not that he had known much about it. "Much has changed since we last met but in a world such as this that much is to be expected." He replied figuring it was better to not respond with that everything was peachy when it was like living in prison with his memories the holder of the key. He often wondered what it would have been like should he had joined the Basin all those season's ago. Would it have changed the way he looked at things? Would he have been better off?

A soft chuckle manages to escape his jowls at the thought of what his former mate would have had to say about that lifestyle choice. Maybe he would have been better off, not that he would ever really know. With all that had blown up in his face as of late it was making him question where he was really supposed to be in this lifetime. A warrior was the obvious but as to where his loyalties should lie was one question that he had no answer to. Parelia had quite honestly changed the way he viewed those of pegasus bloodline and he couldn't see him befriending too many in the near future with the bad taste their relationship had left him with. If he had wanted someone who lied, used him and then essentially tried to run his life he would have killed himself long ago to prevent the suffering. His children were really the only good things to come out of that pairing other than to give him a much needed dose of reality.

Picking the recruiting part out of the mare's conversation he raised an eye wondering what Tangere was talking about. Surely Illynx didn't need to have someone recruit her back into her own herd.. did she? "Recruiting?" He asked looking to the Glided blade for more of an explanation on this particular topic. He couldn't really see someone like Illynx needing to be recruited when she was highly capable of making her own decisions, but then again things had changed... but he never thought this much could have been effected.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Illynx , @Tangere •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

It had been a while since I had been to these parts. Lately my time seemed completely consumed by my duties. However recruitment was also one of those duties, and that of which I was lacking. Blue eyes search through the forest, landing on nothing of particular interest, and nothing catches my attention especially with the humming of june bugs.

There are a few I consider, but something eggs me on. 

"Not this one," It says to me. "Go further."

And so that is what I do. I go further, closer to the edge.  And that's when I am glad I had passed on all those others. Because this particular creature, was one I would certainly want to see. Her scent catches my nostrils, and I come to a sudden halt. My head turns, and I follow the sounds of voices, emerging from the forest to find her standing there.

She was alive. The Gilded Blade has returned. The lady and her prince have both finally returned to their home. For some reason there is a weight lifted from my shoulders seeing her alive and well. I hadn't realized how much having her gone had weighed. 

"Illynx."

The name is kind of gasped out. A mixture of emotion is forced though my body, and I am so happy to see her. Relieved.

But I compose myself. My head shoots up, and I close off. A short nod is given to her, but if you look closely there is a hint of a smile lingering my my two toned lips. I decide to answer the us question, oh to tell her who has succeeded her. 

"Us, I would suppose meaning the Lords Deimos and Thranduil... and the Lady Hotaru. As well as the rest of the herd... Though we have lost a few, and gained some interesting recruiments. I would be more than willing to tell you all about it, should you choose to come with us, or even to travel around, or go home with someone else."

I was very willing to tell her about all that had happened in her absence. 

"You would be proud of Rikyn. He is one of the soldiers, and he has been progressing rather well. I am proud to say he is within the ranks that I supervise." I nod a little, before falling silent. I was excited, but I must keep myself from becoming to hasty. 

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Illynx]
Words;; 415
Notes;; I couldn't help myself <3

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

[ OOC: Sorry Psilo! You are being skipped ~ I still love ya though. ;D ]

She nods to the knight of flowers, agreeing in full that such a realm is endlessly changing; had that not been the cause of the silver which laces her chocolate pelt now, the riotous course of time, the burden of the crown that made it her task to wrestle with the fluctuations of its course. For this, she is glad she has left, that she is a nobody as her bird mocks (though, the blow is returned when Kyst hears herself thought of as a mere bird). His laughter is almost missed as she thinks of time and its winding, and noticed only in passing; she’s spent too much time around those who laugh for no reason or reasons which aren’t really funny at all (like when she’d pranced about the legs of a fallen pegasus mare, her giggles like wicked bells) to think much of chuckling, anyway.

Still they come, faces drawn from her past, and as she turns to greet the newest to arrive among their gathering she finds a smile again on her lips, the slight of Tangere’s eased by the memories she has shared with this one.

Sialia, a passing woman of Mauja’s, who had become who knows what other kind of woman in the length of absence that ran between them; the golden one had last seen her on an isle that floated of magical accord, and before that (if her memories were not faded, rusted) during the birth of her child, Glacia. That the names of both the mare and her child return so easily is a good omen to the gilded bitch – a sign that she had not been gone so long as to begin forgetting things she shouldn’t.

A distinct lack of emotional bonds to most she encounters makes the recollection of names a thing which is fleeting, a file system that, if unused for any duration of time, slowly fades away until all she knows is that she knows a person – not their name, or even in what light she should recall them in. That a wench who lives her life such as she must remember all she has known is a truth she knows, and cannot forget, and yet, she also does not see why she should remember what to call someone inconsequential, either.

Not that there are no emotions tied to Sialia – but they are mostly the callous, selfish ones which rule the golden eyed woman and the creature that roosts along her back, nothing like friendship, or love.

That Ciceron is as distraught with the notion of such an Empress of Realms as herself being recruited is vaguely comforting, in the way a distant firelight on a cold, cold evening is. She looks away from Sialia for but a moment before she again returns her eyes to the black and blue minx, the smile of familiarity still clinging to her lips.

But what she says…

Kyst is laughing again, as she always laughs at the rise of distress in her bonded, wisely taking to the air and drifting away to high boughs before the froth and broil can lash out at her.

Thranduil?!

He would trade the mountain for a bit of gold! What idiot made him Lord –

No.

The idiot.

Deimos, the Reaper of Despondency, the Black Knight of Ineptitude.

Her face remains smooth, mask like. Inside the thoughts churn like blinding bolts of white light across storm cloud skies, inside she wants to scream, to hurl her own lightning through the forest to watch the world burn. She had been gone just long enough for her homeland to fall into the rule of the only being more selfish than herself.

That had been her game the entire time with the golden man, hadn’t it? To see who won who in the end?

Whatever emotional palpitations besiege her, the golden one manages to find some semblance of passivity in the mention of her son – his name causing the most odd of flittering to pulse through her core, warm and floating, the ache of having abandoned him (but not truly accepting that she had) raging through her already raging heart.

Love. Love fills her, and it is foreign, and bright.

Glistening, her golden eyes widen without bidding, her ears lift in interest; even her hooves carry her forward a step in her eagerness to again behold that which she and Ulrik had created together. A soldier, just as she! To know that he is well!

She longs to ask of his father, if the bronze emblazoned metal smith is well, what he thinks of their Son, but even the thought of appearing so weak makes her soul curdle back and away, her throat swallowing fast the words that had almost tumbled outwards.

Then let us go, my sisters, she says, looking towards Tangere, as well, the day is long yet.

And so she moves as if to leave, pausing in the last moment to look over at Ciceron, her smile warm and graceful upon her lips, horn tip extended for a light clack with the silver of his own, the gentleman who had been as steadfast a friend (if she had anyone she labeled such a thing aside from her Dark Empress) to her as any she had known in her life – though he perhaps did not know the truth of her ebony heart, either.

Our meeting has been brief, old friend, she says as she withdraws, though we should meet again, I’m sure. I have rarely been hard to find.

@Sialia @Ciceron @Tangere
The mentions, they are everywhere.