the Rift

Together We Can Build Anything [Healer Hut - Step 1]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It had been sometime since anything had been built upon these lands from what she could tell. Sure there were the prison cells and a half built sensory deprivation chamber but there was nothing unique that they could use for anything but prisoners. While she wouldn't have admitted this at the beginning when they had all moved here, there was so much more to the Falls than what met the eye. As a herd she didn't feel like prisoners were the main focus on solving things when there were easier solutions that tended to work much better. Negotiation and talking things through seemed to work well and it would be by those principles that she would continue to believe in. It was about time that they get to working on a project that would benefit many more fellow herdmates than these grungy cells did. Her idea had come from months of ideas that had either failed or never seemed adequate enough to be worthy of the time it would take, but this project would be well worth the wait.

Searching for some supplies had taken little to no time at all but bringing them back to her work spot, that was the challenge. Some of the stones she wished to move had no plans of being cooperative regardless of how angry she became with them. Yelling at them obviously didn't work (though she had done so anyway) and pushing them would not budge them forcing her to come up with alternate ideas for some of the items. Reaching for the magic of the earth was much simpler that it had been to discover the dark magic that the moon had shared with her, so finding her niche took no time at all. Marvelling at the energy running through her veins and at the intensity of all the scents around her she smiled silently thanking their Earth god for lending his magic to her.

As soon as she was satisfied with her smallish rock pile and the stack of lumber that she had managed to scrounge up she turned to call for her helpers. Many of the herd would be able to assist in learning to craft from the earth's magic and thats exactly what she planned to show them. Now if anyone actually showed up that would be a totally different story, but she had to try anyway for it was her duty. Letting the earth help in getting her voice out to the herd she finally spoke. "This is a call for all crafters and for those who are interested, please come meet with me so we might get started. There is a special project that is in need of completion and we can use all the help we can gather. Please meet me at Resplendence's herb garden so we can begin." Finishing her little speech that had taken so long for her to come up with she turned back to regard her pile of supplies. It was small but hopefully with the help of others it would soon grow into what they would need to complete the Falls healer hut. She was sure that Resplendence would appreciate not having to live in the prison cells anymore, this would be her special place to share all her knowledge with the rest of the herd.

All are welcome to join in.

You Have One Week To Respond
(October 29/2015)

Project: Step 1 in creating a healer hut.
+ Building the bookshelves

Items Required: 1 large item to complete shelving (Step 1)
Will be using seasonal crafting slot for completion of Step 1

Hut Construction: 3 large items to complete hut (Step 2)
(2 for walls and 1 for the roof)
Expected completion: Frostfall Year 6

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Milo  •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
A call for the Masons. Ah, how she recalled those days vividly. Her powers currently were somewhat similar to the weaving of rock to create what were relatively permanent structures. However, now she could only manipulate the plants - no way to create those structures - and as soon as she stopped concentrating they would fall back to their original position after a few minutes. No use in the crafting world, really. Barely any help at all.

Still, she had built what was upon these lands, assisted in their creations. Perhaps she could aid whoever was now standing in the spot she had once been. After all, she needed to occupy her mind. It was all too much for her to let her thoughts flicker back and forth over things that she had no assistance over.

Carefully, she wriggles forward, Ettore taking to the skies and offering a notice that someone was coming to the white mare that now stood at a small pile of supplies. It takes her a little, the vibrations (as always) thrown off by the pulsations of the waterfalls. Blind eyes flickered across the land as she pulled up - unfocused gaze settling upon the mare with a quiet release of breath. "Nice to know someone actually wants to craft around here," she says - not intending to be rude, just wondering what she might be planning on doing. "I suppose you might wish for more rocks or lumber? What is it you are building anyways?" Rasta inquired, Ettore having flashed images of her supplies to his bonded in the attempt to assist her in doing whatever tasks were necessary.

While she awaited an answer she allowed some roots and branches near piles of rocks to begin to pull up - waving in the air and prepared to do as Rasta wished.

It would be nice to be useful again.

@Brisa
Rasta's here to help :D

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Milo

You left and I never came back

I wandered.

Life was [listless, a lilting sleep like the sailor's lullaby. Not that I'd ever been on a boat, not that I'd ever seen much of the sea aside from the cool mirror of the flats where my life had changed.] long. I hurt, walked slow like [swimming, something I'd learn later when you left and I never came back, when father became you because there was no one else to think about,] pain. My back bunched, step slow. One step, two step, three step, white step. Back white sugarlump, a part of me was different. Melting white [snow, vestiges now long gone that I remembered from the fading pictures of my birthday, melting] tears.

I did not know what [crafter] she, silver, was. Felt the chain around my neck [constrict like a noose, tugged at by the bare weight of unearned blood. What was a child to do with such a violent token but hang it upon his breast? What was I to do but grow into the gold hooks until someday they dug into my skin?] swing, swing, clink. Two strangers, like mom, like... [female, like mare, like lady. Not my concern, not my area of expertise. I had more to learn, so when] She said build, create, craft, important.

I wanted to help. Brought little body to the side of [the blind one, like you, mother] blue eyes, looked at her with mine. [With gold.]

I tugged roots. I looked around, looked helpless, tried to [think away the pain because I think I can I think I can I think I can I] tug!

Chunks of dirt fly, cover my face, block eyes, and I look at silver lady with a smile. It's all that I can do.

""

image credits

@Brisa @Rasta --sorry for my tardiness.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Waiting around for others to show up was always the tentative part of meetings for you were constantly wondering if anyone would come? Who would aid their fellow crafters in building for the herd they called home? Would anyone bother to show up to lend a hand? In the back of her mind it told her that no one would bother to show up and help someone as pathetic as she was while her conscious told her another option. This is the one that she tried to cling to for it meant that there was hope, that there was a chance that someone might see her as worthy. It was a rough game of tug of war but lately things had been pretty balanced with an equal amount of good and bad. Hell is was a far cry from drowning in the negativity that tended to cling to her like the plague to a rat. The longer she stood the greater her disappointment grew when the minutes seemed to stretch on with no appearances. She had just started resigning herself to the fact that this project would need to be completed solely on her own when the first mare wandered in looking to lend a hand.

A kind smile welcomes Rasta to their little group (or pair) as her heart gets a touch of gratitude for the lone mare. Internally she wanted to jump for joy and thank the mare over and over for just coming out but she knew that those actions would not be appropriate. "Yes, I hope to do whatever I can to help bring the Fall's back to a newly reinstated glory it deserves." She replies warmly looking up to meet the girl's blind eyes. Despite her ability to see what was going on she knew that it took a lot of strength to come out and volunteer her services. If Kaj had not pushed her into the limelight she doubted that she would have ever gotten here on her own will. There was one time in her life when she would have hated being considered lead of anything but now that she was starting to get her life back on track she had found herself grateful for that little push. Blue eyes pulled from the mare as another figure wandered up in silence potentially having some interest in helping out. The boy was young almost too young in her opinion but she would give him the benefit of the doubt and see what she could find to help him learn.

"The plans here are to build a new healer's hut for Resplendence and the other medics. It would help to move it from the current jail cell into a place much more useful and beneficial to the herd." She explained trying to pull the right words from her vocabulary to adequately describe her plans. Words she was not always the best at but in time she hoped to improve on this so that she could sound more confident than her nerves currently let her. She was not stupid or dumb but sometimes her anxiety tended to get in the way and silence her voice in those times she really needed it. "This first project I am hoping to have us all build a bookshelf so that the healers may use them to store essential herbs and spices and whatever else they need that can assist them. After that we will hopefully be able to get the hut constructed alongside the herb garden to help provide protection against the harshest climates. I really appreciate both of you coming out for it will take as many hands as we can get." She explained slowly to help everyone understand what they were doing.

"I have gathered some materials but surely we will need more. Anything you can do to help would be wonderful plus if you have any ideas or questions don't be scared to ask me, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Perhaps Milo you could help me with placing the pieces together?" She asked hoping to see the boy smile once more. Yes she was a complete sucker for foals and would more than happily do anything for them. Come to think of it she would even go as far as having another baby just to get to experience that incredible bond again. Images of a beautiful pegasus colt romping around in the summer grass filled her head before she let them blow away feeling silly to be thinking of such things when they were not possible. No, if she was to become a mother again it would need to be on the agreement that her mate would stick with her for the sake of their child. Talking a breath she reached out to the earth letting its warmth fill through her and spread out beneath her hooves. Flowered vines grew from around her to begin moving the heavy materials into place starting with the stone to make a strong base for the shelves.

Brisa talks

Anyone is still welcome to join in through the process.

•• TAGS: @Rasta , @Milo •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
There was a gentle bob of her head as the mare said she hoped to reinstate the glory that the Falls deserved. So, she was a quite mare as well. Gently rolling her shoulders, Rasta called forth on the vines at her feet, "I was the Mason here once," she offered before a foal appeared. Or at least, it felt like a foal was appearing.

Alas, the answer, to what it was she was making was an interesting one. A healers' hut. But, first it would be a bookshelf. Rasta nodded, "I'll gather more materials and shift them closer to you as needed," she offered, pulling at the vines. Carefully, she used them to build some sort of ramp out of mud - lining it with rocks that the vines and roots picked up in order to keep it a bit more stable. From there, she allowed a few more stones and branches to roll into the pile which Brisa had made of the materials previously gathered.

It felt good, to do some work again - even if she couldn't actually build anything that would stay longer than how her power was working. Still, hopefully Brisa wouldn't mind how she pulled materials together to make ease of the things that were necessary for forming this bookcase. Even Ettore tried to help - pushing anything that got stuck on the ramp even farther down until it finally hit the pile. And, for once, he seemed completely amused with the task - which he never seemed to be when Rasta asked for his assistance.
R
take another breathe

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say