the Rift

[PRIVATE] Black Star

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

A lot had happened in the last two seasons, almost enough to distract Mesec completely from the new magic that had shown itself during the battle at the Labyrinth. But he still found plenty of time to worry about it. He still didn’t understand the magic and it had not shown back up since that day. Did his mother trigger it? And if she didn’t then who… or what?

It was likely that his mother would be able to help, even just to tell him what triggered the transformation so that he could avoid it in the future. A trip to the Veins or the Edge might be in order soon. Until then, however, he knew he was a danger. After fighting for the right to stay in the Throat, Mesec knew that he should limit the time that he actually spent around the herd. What if he transformed during a herd meeting? Or when he was with a friend? He had appreciated Ampere’s assurance that they could figure out how to control it but he wouldn’t ask her to be exposed to that monster again. Not when, if Najya’s story was correct, he would not know what he was doing when he shifted.

Whenever Mesec’s thoughts turned to the wolf, Lucius often remained suspiciously quiet - which was almost worse than the running commentary of everyone Mesec had met. Now that the zephyr was learning to talk, he took advantage of every chance he could get.

For now, though, he perched atop Mesec’s folded wings, the great talons buried in the dark feathers, swaying a little bit as Mesec walked northward. Dusk was coming on quick in the meadow, small flecks of bright yellow blinking in and out of existence among the thistles and grasses. The companion and demigod pair were beginning to glow softly themselves, Lucius’s brilliant moon marking mirrored exactly that waxing crescent in the sky. While they might stand out during the day, especially in the Throat, this was where they began to blend in. The night was cooler here and, for the moment at least, Mesec could relax and try to follow the advice given to him time and time again: don’t worry, don’t cling on to guilt. Later perhaps he could busy himself with trying to figure out that strange magic of his. For now, he followed Lucius’ silent example and enjoyed the beautiful evening for what it was.

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr

I hope this location works for you! Let me know if not, can easily move it <33
@Arah
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times