the Rift

Try Again?

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
Chase the Wind and
Touch the Sky

Here I am, again. It seems like it had only been mere months since I crossed into Helovia the first time, yet it's been nearly two years. It was here, that I had first found Miles. Or well the egg that had later hatched into him. My little brat of a brother. We had been together through so much. As if he had heard me, well technically he probably had, the kitsune stirred on my back. "We back, again?" His voice had grown stronger over our time away. Yes, we're back. I don't know for how long, but I have to find my family. My Uncle at least. I stride forward, into a clearing. The heat from TallSun combined with the muggy feel of the air told of rain, and soon.

The brown six-tailed green tipped kitsune climbed up my neck to sit between my ears. I snorted softly. Do you have to do that? "Yes, must protect you." My green eyes roll slightly in aggravation. Nothing to protect me from. Besides, I can protect us both better if you aren't on top of my head. With a resigned sigh he moves back down on my back.

It seemed I had been right about the storm incoming. With a crack of lightning, and a roll of thunder the promised rains began to pour. I shifted, seeking shelter under one of the smaller trees. The lightning would be more tempted by the taller ones. We would be safer here. Now, to wait... Or do we take our chances and wander the wilds of Helovia once more..... Na, I think our chances are better off here, waiting.

"Talk?"

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Alight with the knowledge of his growing child nestled deep within Eden he had come to the Threshold searching for a lost soul. Surely there would be someone here today, he had never arrived here without finding someone looking for a place to live. He longed to be with Eden, to watch over her as his child took shape in her womb, but he could not. The Throat needed him, would always need him, but he would go to the Basin and be with his child. The young stallion only hoped he would be allowed to take his baby home, to the desert, when it was old enough to leave it's mother. He didn't care if it was a colt or filly, winged, horned, or both, he would love his child no matter what. He also now knew he had to make up with his own father. How could he be a great dad if he was to foolish to make up with his own?

Thunder peeled from the sky startling the young stud from his thoughts. Within seconds the rain pounded from the heavens. 'Good thing I wasn't flying.' he chuckled good-naturedly and continued on. It wasn't very long at all until he spotted a mare huddling under a tree. Smiling he strode forward quickly moving to the opposite side of tree she was sheltering under. Once out of the rain he turned to smile at the mare. She was beautiful, taller than himself, with chocolate legs, cream hair, and an almost buckskin color caped in white. Upon her back was a six tailed, green tipped fox.

Respectfully he nodded to them both in turn before allowing his deep bass to ring out, "Beautiful day huh?" He chuckled softly before continuing, "I'm Ilios from the Dragon's Throat, it's a pleasure to meet you both." He smiled softly his silver eyes searching for her green ones. She didn't seem much older than himself, maybe a year or so. He ruffles his silver and teal wings trying to shake some of the water away without getting an on her in the process. He thought about how easy it was for him to talk to strangers now. There wasn't any hesitation in his voice now, no powerful need to take her home, just a flickering flame of hope. He had been turned down so many times in his attempts to take someone back to the Throat he already assumed she would do the same. Instead he chose to just be friendly, even if the weather wasn't.

Talking
Words: 424
OOC: @Merida Hope you don't mind a giddy Ilios xD
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
any quote that you want can go right here
it can even be two lines yay!
The pale unicorn slipped through the dense forest of Helovia's Threshold with a serpentine grace. Each step was precisely placed as she navigated the place that pulsed so strongly with magic. Portals to other worlds, other dimensions, other lands would occassionally pop up. It was a rather fascinating experience. The magic here was thriving and the near naked mare wished to learn more about Helovia. Her mind was like a sponge, ready to soak up any new information she could gather.

A voice sounded in the distance, "Beautiful day huh?" Immediately her ears flicked in the direction in which it came. Without pausing, no sign of hesitation expressed, she made her way to where she could only assume a new soul had appeared (and was already being met with someone of another herd). As a member of the World's Edge, it was her duty to scout out potential recruits and try to.. coerce them into joining the flock of the glorious Moon Goddess.

"I would beg to differ." Though the question wasn't directed towards her, Nuray replied as she stepped into view. A male hybrid, which she could only assume was the owner of the previous voice she heard, and an equine stood before her. A pleasant smile warmed up her cold face. "Sorry if I'm disturbing," she continued. Whether she truly was apologetic was hard to read.

Stating ones' name and herd usually came hand in hand with introductions here in Helovia. "I am Nuray, of the World's Edge." She did her best to hide beneath the leaves of the trees but still droplets of cold water struck her exposed skin. Golden eyes scanned over the kitsune companion the mare possessed. "May I inquire as to what both of your names are? I was able to hear yours despite the rain, Ilios of the Dragon's Throat."

"Talk?"

@Merida @Ilios

image credits

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
Chase the Wind and
Touch the Sky

"Beautiful day huh?" My head and my brother's turned as one to face the new comer to our shelter. I couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny or if he was serious. But rain and storms was not my idea of a beautiful day. "I'm Ilios from the Dragon's Throat, it's a pleasure to meet you both." Miles nudges my neck as he speaks into our bond Persistent isn't he? I can not help but crack a soft smile. IT seemed he was not the only one caught out in this storm as soon, before I can even speak, another joins us. "I would beg to differ." Ah good someone who feels as I do about the rain.

She goes on to apologize for intruding, but I'm not sure if she means it or not. I mean, this must be the Threshold. Members from all the herd flock here to try and snag those of us who wander in. Surely this is what these two must be trying to do. Course, always want something. Oh little brother how I love you. Your smartalic remarks are always right on time. Finally, after the mare finishes speaking I speak. "I am Merida, and this is Miles. I used to live here in Helovia, but I left for a few adventures. Now I have come to look for the family I left behind." I would not tell them that I had no idea what my Uncle looked like. As he's really the only one I am looking for. My Father, or rather, sperm donor can screw off. He hasn't been there, and never will be.... Okay so maybe I had found him away from Helovia. I know how he is. A part of me, agrees with his ideas. But his ideas on females I did not. That's why I had come back. Don't get me wrong, my little brother had gotten me treated better than some... But those with dragons.... Oh how they were treated like royalty. You royal in my eyes. Miles's voice broke into my thoughts. But that was then and this is now. Now, I need to find my Uncle, before I figure out what my own destiny will be.

"Talk?"

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

Ciceron had come to her earlier that morning, asking her to visit the Threshold; what would have been a day spent lounging in the buttery yellow sun like a great feasted feline, one of her few true breaks as of late where having nothing on her agenda felt like a benediction, had turned into a miserable slog through muddy forestland and harsh rain. For the first portion of her journey an oppressive sultry heat had kept her in the shade, each breath hot and weighty, but as she drew further east toward clouds foreboding and tumultuous the heavens broke open and spilled their contents like a split egg along the skillet. Its intensity built quickly and now it thrashed furiously against the earth, pelting it with frigid assault; even beneath the trees she is not spared, soaked to the bone, shivering as the temperature plummets as rapidly as the deluge. The ground is uncomfortably giving beneath her feet, squishing cold like rotted innards.

Lighting flashes overheard and reveals for a heartbeat the distant shapes of others in monochromatic shades of blue-amethyst, their features stark and hollow in the blaze of electric light. Their voices can be heard over a slumberous answering growl of thunder, drawing her through the squall to take cover with them beneath a tree that, finally, despite being stout is wide enough to offer, through its dense foliage, a sanctuary. The relief from the pressure of the stinging rain is felt immediately by the grounded pegasus and she sighs pleasurably, moving closer to the fat sable trunk in the middle of the gathering. Holding her good wing out over her head to act as an umbrella has kept her mane and face relatively dry, but the rest of her is sopping.

"Hi. Sorry," she says, expression a tad sheepish from beneath her own wing, checking the three of them out as she does so. An interesting assortment of folk in a varied array of manifest. Merida, emerald eyes and tresses like pale cornsilk, the apotheosis of idol summer beauty. Ilios, a strong ashen stag with features that seemed suspiciously familiar to her. Nuray, occult and slender sphinx draped in delicate gold filigree. "This is where I say I am Imonada." Pause. "Of Hidden Falls." 

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh