the Rift

[Quest] Drawing to a Close [Sun God, Open]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
With the pleasure of having been marked by the Matriarch still thrumming in his breast, Vikram made the trek back up the volcanic mountain. In his jaws he held a woven pouch, its golden contents glittering against the blue glow of the molten rock that lay to either side. On occasion he spared a backward glance, checking for the mare and dragon and filly that had been his companions during the last leg of his quest.

Finally he stood before the trio of shrines, and turned toward that of the Sun. Setting the pouch down at his own hooves, wary of this treasure tumbling away into the lava, he then called out. "Sun God! I have returned from the Matriarch with shells from her golden children. I am ready to do the last task you would have me do to earn my magic." And he waited.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage climbed the steady incline, a shadow behind the great stallion. The quest so far had intrigued her, and she was more than happy to accompany him to see its conclusion. As was her understanding, the Sun God would likely ask for something more. She lingered back, however, unsure as to how the Sun would react to one who was an ally of his sister, the Moon Goddess. Though Mirage held all the Gods in the same regard, the Moon had been her celestial guide all her life, she as not well practised in openly seeking out the others. Knowing that the Solar lord would be aware of her presence anyway, particularly if he recognised the Light magic that resided so obviously within her, she stood to the side, offering her moral support to her friend and her respect to the Lord that would hopefully show himself.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

Vikram, a recent convert to his alliance, made his presence known. The God of the Sun had no need to intimidate this glorious hybrid or show off his glorious powers. A small fire sparked at his shrine and grew. From the flames stepped forth the mighty god, and he flicked his large, creamy wings absently to rid himself of the fiery leftovers of his arrival.

"Welcome back. I am glad that you have been met with success," he said. Carefully, the Sun God hooked one of his twisted horn through the bag and set in on his shrine. The presence of another caught his attention, and he narrowed his eyes at her. A Moon follower. His most hated rival.

"You keep ill company, Vikram," he commented before leveling his gaze back at the hybrid. "The final ingredient to harden your constitution for fire are lava stones. They reside at the bottom of the ocean, but Jörmungandr, the dragon of the sea, may choose to assist you. Good luck."

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
It eased his mind to have Mirage trailing behind, the knowledge that she was so willing to follow where his quest carried him warmed him from the inside in much the same way he expected the fire he sought would. Or perhaps a different way, he wasn't sure.

When the Sun God appeared, putting aside all fantastical side effects in favor of a simple fire to step from, the hybrid steed flicked his ears forward with expectation. He watched the golden creature claim the bag of shells, but felt a deep sense of unease when the Sun God's eyes fell on Mirage. Those forward tilted ears angled back even as Vikram shifted to place his superior bulk between god and mare. He knew that he didn't stand a chance if the Sun God got it into his head to go after his friend over whom she followed, but the hybrid was determined to not let it be easy.

Yet the Sun God merely offered a disapproving comment before setting him with a new task, the final task. This wasn't exactly the sort of digging he'd expected to have to do, but he found some irony in the fact that all his tasks seemed to revolve around dragons. "Thank you." He rumbled softly, before turning to head back down the mountain. A tilt of his head gestured Mirage to go before him, for he would not take another step without knowing his small gestures of protection were in place. He'd take no chances when the capricious wishes of the gods were in consideration.