the Rift

[OPEN] sand angels

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

The Aurora Basin in the summer made me think of being very small, of having parties on a floating island alongside blue and black tents, the whole of Helovia gathering to celebrate what, as I look back, I can only decide, was life. 

And life there is, in this season – the winsome dances of Birdsong courtship eased into the slow waltz of summer’s love, and while my experiences of the turning of time are minimal, I cannot help but wonder as to when the emerald of our valley will ease into subtle gold and red, the leaves skittering absently across the trails beyond where our evergreen will stand tall, a testament against the tug of time.

I wonder this because, even this far north, the heat of these few months is monstrous.  I’ve taken to travelling at night any time I am not bound to this realm of mountains and snow, and otherwise spend my hours cursing the Sun, and wondering why my memories of the Nightwalk seem so absent of saturating heat.

In time, I would come to understand that it had been hot there, too – but that the mind tends to paint memories in the light of whatever mood was most prevalent among them, and in the case of that far away forest, it is a wreathing of white gold that shines and shimmers, and never rusts.  Now, I only mourn the distance between myself and that ancient mountain and wonder how much longer it will be until the cold returns.

The mourning is a scowl on my handsome and young face as I stalk slowly across the tall, bending sea of green that stands between the pine forests and the shore.  The usual exuberance and dashing that had filled me in the months of cold is now set aside in dread of drowning in the sweat which lacquers the contours of my figure, insects humming about the moistened flesh, their microscopic mouths snapping.

So is my state when I come upon the shore, its sandy rim glistening with moisture – and, rather than stooping my crown to drink, has been my initial intent, I let my entire dark body fall into the grains with a thump and a groan of annoyance.  That same groan, however, melds into one of pseudo pleasure as I roll about in the gritty and damp sand, easing the heat away with the perpetually cooled beach.

@Ki'irha

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).