the Rift

[PRIVATE] oh noes!

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

"Why does everyone leave?" She wondered as she picked her way through the forest. "Why am I always alone?" Her children had never lingered long at her side, nor had the stallions she opened her heart to and allowed herself to love. As soon as her children were able to eat grass to sustain themselves they left her. Shortly after her lovers got what they wanted from her, they left her and she was left to pick up the pieces of her broken heart once more. She would mend it just in time for it to be shattered once more by someone else who promised to love her and never leave her.

"Promises mean nothing, Tallis." The orange mare whispered through their bond. "Promises are absolutely meaningless. They're always broken. Always." It hadn't been until she'd stood there after Nyx had given birth to her twins that the weight of her loneliness had begun to press upon her. She missed having a foal clinging to her side. She missed feeling Thor's shoulder press against her own as they walked together, but she would be damned if she was going to stand around and keep waiting for him to come back. He'd already broken his promise to her that he would be there. He'd already hurt her.

Tallis, in a fashion that was totally unlike him, remained silent as Evangeline moved through the forest. What could he say to her to make her feel better? The only thing he could do was lie and Tallis was a creature that valued the truth, and he knew that lies would only injure his bonded's precious heart even more. He would not be one to cause her pain. He was supposed to be the one that caused pain to those who hurt her.

Her steps only stopped when she reached a pool of water in the center of the forest. As she stood looking down the dragon climbed up her neck so he could look down at the water from between her ears. 'Fish?' He asked, but that was forgotten as the red stones glinted up at him from the water. He'd have to get one of those before they left.

"."

ooc://
excuse the shitty title, my manager came back and i have to go D:

@Miykael

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

After all the times he'd used his healing magic this tallsun, predominantly to cure Helovians of the foreign diseases, he'd grown weary. His magic normally sapped his energy, left him feeling drained but he'd never used it more than a few times in the span of a year. Yet, as exhausted as he is now, he would do it all again regardless of his own pain. He always would. It's easy to put everyone else first when you don't even value your own life. And he doesn't, he never has. Of what worth is someone who couldn't even defend his father's home from a young stallion leading a bachelor herd? And he didn't just fail, didn't just lose the fight - he died. Even now he doesn't fight. He avoids it, choosing instead to remain neutral in every situation he possibly can. Regardless of what he does or does not do, he is doomed to fail. He'd failed Alysanne. He'd failed Naerys. He'd failed in his own personal quest to eradicate the foreign diseases but that is perhaps the only failure he could easily accept.

As the Earth God declares peace, Miykael easily slides back into mindless wandering. The simplicity of it granting him a level of relaxation and peace that he just can't find back home in the Falls. Leaving the Falls behind for the day, he heads south and soon finds himself standing outside the tree line. Inhaling deeply and folding his large, angelic wings he slips quietly into the forest west of the threshold. The trees are thicker here, more wild somehow, but there is no fear as he pushes his tired body onward. There is only calm, only comfort as he drifts.

'Mare ahead.' Eliana warns through their bond, 'With dragon.' she adds as she flies ahead to land in a tree overlooking the pool of water where the mare and her companion stood. Miykael followed, pushing himself forward through the trees. Latently, he wonders why Eliana would guide him to the pair. Were they familiar? Was it someone from the herd? It seemed unlikely that it was Resplendence but just as he was about to dig deeper into his memories he sees her and the very sight of her causes him to pause. He recognizes her instantly from his days in the Edge.

"Evangeline."

Her name falls easily from his soft lips, his voice deep but pleasantly warm. Without further hesitation he moves towards her, pulling alongside her at the water's edge. Eliana remain quiet in her chosen tree as Miykael brings himself to speak once more. "Is everything alright?" he asks, his blue gaze searching her face for any signs that his presence might be unwelcome. They hadn't talked much in the past so it isn't as though he'd ever have the right to be offended if she told him to fuck off.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Evangeline
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

"Evangeline."

At the sound of her name the orange mare turned her head toward the one who had spoken it and, despite herself, she'd found herself hoping that it was Thor even though the voice was so different.  Her heart had fluttered at the very idea of finding him in the forest, but the hope that had shone on her face faded so quickly she had no time to even attempt to put on the mask she usually wore. The only thing she could do was turn her face away from the stallion who had lived in the Edge once upon a time, the stallion who had sired Alysanne's daughter. A daughter that still lived in the Edge and saw her mother on a regular basis, something that Evangeline couldn't help but be jealous of because it was something she wanted with her children. That bond that she'd never been able to properly forge for reasons that she didn't understand.

He asked if everything was alright and typically Evangeline would gather the strength she had, put on a brave face, and say that everything was fine. But she'd traveled so far from home and with each step her facade had cracked and fell away until there was nothing left. She was broken, sad, lonely, and she didn't understand what it was about her that was so undesirable that she continued to be left behind by everyone she came to care about. She didn't know why she continued to allow herself to put her heart on the line when she knew she would only end up hurting in the end.

Why?

"No." She finally whispered because why bother trying to be strong? Why lie and say everything was fine when in reality she wanted to fall apart. "Thor's gone." It was the first time she'd spoken it aloud and as she did so a tear rolled down her cheek. "...I don't know where my children are." Tallis trilled sadly at the overwhelming grief he felt through his bond with Eva. "They... they disappeared after their father left me..." Am I really so horrible? Do I deserve this?

"."

@Miykael

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
As she turned her green eyed gaze to him, he caught the briefest glimpse of hope upon her face but it fades quickly. So quickly, in fact, that he almost questions whether or not he even saw it. In its' absence, though, is a rawness of emotion - a glimpse into her inner turmoil. A glimpse that he almost felt wrong for witnessing, for being privy to. They'd been in the same herd but even with that in mind, they'd been little more than acquaintances. Eva had been friends with Alysanne and for much of his time in the Edge, Alysanne was all he ever saw because she was the only face he wanted to see. But that eventually crumbled; once again, he failed. Once more, he broke everything he touched.

She looks away from him before he could offer her a warm but melancholic smile. Instead of pushing him away, the simple gesture only pulled him closer. It made him want to embrace her, to ease the aches plaguing her but all he could manage is to pull alongside her. He is quiet as he stands there. He couldn't turn away from her but he didn't want to overstep his bounds by pulling her into his embrace. His tender, blue gaze trails over her face before shifting to watch the relative stillness of the water in front of their hooves. The healer accepts the silence as it settles over them, patiently waiting for her to answer his question or to simply walk away because of her connection with Alysanne.

Yet, she doesn't leave as he expected she would. "No." and her voice is but a whisper, soft and barely audible. Then "Thor's gone.". The last two words were enough to send a jolt of unbidden irritation through him. Unbidden because he knew just how hypocritical the sensation is. Hadn't he fled? Hadn't he been the one to walk away from Alysanne, their young daughter, and the Edge? But as the tear rolls down her cheek, he can't help but to reach velvety nose towards her to wipe the salty liquid from her face. It is a tender but friendly gesture but it doesn't last long. The healer listens carefully as the mare speaks, catching every word with an attentiveness he usually possesses. Soon, though, silence settles over them again but instead of immediately speaking - he searches for the right words. What could he say? I'm sorry? The phrase seems so cliché and overused.

"I can't begin to understand why Thor left," he finally begins, breathing deeply as his eyes search her face. "but he is a fool to leave you." and there is no doubt in his mind of the validity of his own declaration. Thor is a fool to leave the mare he supposedly loved; just as Miykael was a fool to leave Alysanne in the Edge the moment things got tough. Miykael isn't the one to talk to about relationships, not in the least. "Children tend to wander, with little regard as to how they might be affecting their parents. The first foals I sired were twins as well, and the moment they were weaned they were off searching for their next big adventure. Even little Naerys spends a lot of her time wandering all over Helovia and it hurts Alysanne, perhaps more than she lets on." his deep voice is kind and warm, gentle despite the natural bass tones. Blue eyes carefully watch the orange mare's face, offering her a smile should she turn to gaze upon him once more. "Maybe they're out looking for him?" he asks before falling silent once more. He longs to fix everything, to bring them all back to her so that her heart wouldn't ache anymore.

But there's only so much that he can do.

And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
Image Credits

@Evangeline
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.