the Rift

[OPEN] Bonds of the Heart

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

D R A G O M I R
you hold the rights I'll never own

He was making his way back to the Throat and Ranjiri.

Though he had never crossed the sea to the island that floated beyond, he still considered the beach on which he camped to be as well a part of the realm across the waters as any – though it lacked the sense of safety that surely was present on a water locked land mass.  He found, however, that he didn’t care much for his safety at the end of the day, a true believer in faith and fate; if he was meant to die, a thousand armies could not defend him from the reaper of souls, and so he worried very little of defenses.

After all, what had the wall done for the Edge, other than trap them within when the wraiths came?  At the end of that tale, the things which they had sought to defend themselves with had been their undoing – and so are other tales he has heard, such as a man falling on his own weaponry, or a dame so deceived by the powerful heft of her armor across her shoulders that she challenged a foe to whom armor was like glass, like sand.

Thus, his thoughts were a circle:  the sand leading him back to the visage of the desert across the water, and the warm smile of his Ranjiri.

For the first time since coming to Helovia, the man feels the hole that the loss of his home had left within him mending – and while its edges were still itchy, the emotional wound no longer throbbed whenever thoughts of the lost land came to mind.  He found, as with all things, that the hurt grew less and less, the more things to be happy for you layered on top of it.

Still, happiness was elusive for the painted boy – it fluttered like butterflies, occasionally alighting upon him, but mostly just flickering out of his reach.  It often left him feeling like he was encased in a glass bauble, so like those he had made for Sheba, the delight and laughter of those around him muddled by the density of the silica which held him prisoner in the cool depths of his thoughts.  And, while he did not always dislike this aspect of being Dragomir, because it allowed him to think thoughts that often escaped those who drifted on the high winds of emotional delight, he just as often looked out of his prison and wondered…

Why can’t that be me?

So then would flood the images of his family, so far across the lands of Loorien.  So then would come the images of Shadow, of the imagined realm of Isilme, of the family he would never know and the family he had come to love and lost, here in Helovia:  so comes thoughts of all the things in his life that had been stolen, tainted, or oblique, and again would rise up that deep ache in his oceanic heart.

It was as his father said – his mother’s son.

@Elsa
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
It doesn't even smell like home anymore. The scents are so overwhelming that it is nauseating. Her brain trembles, slamming against the sides of her skull. It seems it has gone to chastising her now. No matter how much her brain had warned her, the idiot still followed that broken pieces of heart that was trussed up in chains. There is a saying that goes something like this, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. But what happens when the foolery happens more than twice? A lifetime of foolery begins to seem less like a cruel joke, and more of a target. The world had a vendetta against her, and no matter where she went, it followed blindly. It seems she has just decided that either way, she may as well live it out in a place that she was familiar with.

Now nothing was familiar. So why even continue living? Trailing along the sea of thistles, the possibilities of death seemed endless. Maybe these beautiful flowers could prick her to death. Her epitaph could read "a warrior dead among the flowers". How romantic, one meant to attack dies by the beauty it tried to destroy. Little spots of red flowed to the surface, creating a perfect red bubble that almost looked comical. Her legs and stomach were scratched and polka-dotted red, almost like she was meant to be a clown.

Elsa glanced down at her side. She crinkled her nose in frustration, and with one swipe of head tried to remove the red stains. It was fruitless, and all she managed to do was create thin, nearly transparent red lines that led from her barrel up toward her shoulder. Picking up the pace, she hastily made her way beneath a tree. Here, there were far fewer plants, and much more shadow to hide in. As she leaned against the tree, should could pick up the vague angry whispers of Edgar who circled about from a distance. The bird still loathed her, and he even refused to warn her of any danger. At least if she was dead, he would soon follow, and be freed from his “shackles of slavery” as he had put it.

However, she had learned to pick up on his subtle nuances. His brain was wired to react to anything he saw, and when she was focusing, she could feel the path of his thoughts change. Although fleeting, it was enough for her to know that something else was out there.

Peering around a tree, a figure stood not far off, down a few meters at the beach. She watched him curiously, tilting her head and beginning an internal debate. Should she go say hi, or simply remain in the shadows? Curiosity would get the better of her, and she meandered toward the beach. However, she was wary. Helovia was known to throw random things into the air, and for all she knew, this stallion could be a giant mutant crab in disguise. When her hooves hit the edge of the send, she muttered a quiet “hello,” and fell silent against the crashing waves.

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.