the Rift

[OPEN] ever to excel [welcoming]

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

The morning sun is just peeking over the horizon, slivered by shimmying leaves, when they approach steep hills like crumbling walls. Behind them dawn grows, flooding the area with a rich golden light that turns the wispy grasses around their legs into heavenly fields of radiance. Deep shadows are cast, too, that seem to burrow deeply into every crevice and nook. "Okay. I am the first on earth, the second in heaven. I appear two times in a week. You can only see me once in a year, although I am in the middle of the sea. What am I?" A lopsided grin is Daemyn's reward if he doesn't manage to tune her out, before she goes quiet, focusing on something else now.

Walking alongside the raised hillface, the thunder of the falls on the other side heard and felt in the joints through humming vibrations, she eventually spots a carpet of orange butterfly weed blazing bright like clusters of burning embers. "These won't fry your brain, but they'll help clean out lungs or reduce swelling." With that she leans down into the starburst flowers and neatly clamps a large bundle off along jade-green stems. She's grabbed more than a mouthful and as she pulls up to continue onward, some fall and quickly become forgotten under her small sharp hooves. 

The light of the new day is comforting, a reassuring weight of warmth cloaked over her; she stretches out her wings a bit, treating them equally even if the lame appendage destroys what could be a uniform presentation. But it doesn't matter to her as she spreads her impossibly long flight feathers like stiff fingers of a hand in unfortunate disuse, enjoying the fresh air and good weather. Her eyes begin scaling the rocks, some boulders as big as the God of the Earth himself, looming up high over the trio like timeless guardians. Looking for something, her shrewd gaze crawls over the landscape. Hunting. "Aamff!" 

Split into the earth is a slender portal underground, a trickling stream of water leaking out like drool, the threshold violently hewed and swimming in darkness. She practically melts into it without hesitation after a beeline to the entrance, as if greeted by a welcoming embrace. Inside is a passageway with coal-black walls that glimmer from a pearly, slimy sheen atop them in a syrupy and vivid array of nuclear green and lemon yellow. A moody glow blooms across the cavern, turning them all midnight blue and wraith-like in the depths. Moisture clings to pockmarked walls and hangs in thick vapor, cool upon touch, and the sound of rushing water surrounds them from every direction like the heartbeat in the womb. 

It's a twisting path within the stone bowels that brings them to another gap; this one curtained off by a noisy spill. She gives one long, piercing look at both Daemyn and Mato before she moves around the waterfall, all long limbs and shaded grace, and out into the open.

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Daemyn
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

The pair had followed the small ebony mare quietly listening to her jabber, or just enjoying the silence. Mato had stuck close to his master lending him the courage he lacked around bitches; Mato's words not his. Amethyst eyes smiled kindly even as the dog slowly seemed to warm up to the mare. In all reality the furry mutt was just being nice. He didn't trust the mare at all yet, even if she was friendly and welcoming. Daemyn was sure to put the young dog in his place, 'You can't just attack and act aggressive towards everyone, that's not how a herd works. You don't have to be all happy, but don't scare that crap out of everyone.' A snort and aggravation was his only answer.

The sun was just rising as they neared the Hidden Falls. If he hadn't known where he was the stallion might have found the place creepy and unwelcoming, instead he felt excitement race through him. Then her warm voice floated towards him offering him a riddle. Ears tilted to the sides as he pondered the brain twister. He couldn't help the creeping thought out of his mind, 'Does she always talk like this?' He really didn't mind, but his brain just didn't work that way. "I have no idea Miss." He smiled softly down at her wondering mildly if she would look down upon him for not knowing. "What is it you do in the Falls?" His deep voice inquired curiously as he waited patiently for her answer.

Excitement pounds along with the thrumming of the water falls behind the wall. He wondered briefly why she was talking him this way, but he mere followed behind her quietly. Then she turns to a large clump of lava colored flowers growing among the rocks. She explains what they do, but not what they are, "What are they called, just so I can know later on?" He watched her take a massive amount with her. Instead of plucking his own he follows behind and grabs up the ones the winged mare drops and doesn't step on. If he could help with anything besides being a warrior, it would be healing others.

As they move on the muscular stallion enjoys the steaming summer rays beating down on his back. His eyes rove shyly over her body trying to take in any distinctive attributes about her. He notices feathers down the backs of her legs, around her tail, and when she turns to look at him, her face and  chest. her large wings open wide and he gazes over them quietly ad Mato sulks behind the two horses. He was not happy to have to follow some stranger that asked funny things and spoke of random plants. Daemyn on the other had paid close attention to her features and personality. Her left wings looked kind of weird, maybe it was just because he wasn't used to the feathery appendages, but it seemed off some how.

After a bit she halts and gazes up at the walls around them. he is sure she knows what she is doing, so he remains silent. Frustrated the black and tan flops down with a mighty huff. 'Oh ya? Maybe we need to get a good spar going with some and see if we can work that grumpiness out of you.' Instead of quivering the male perks up hopefully. He hadn't been able to spar with his partner since he had grown large enough. A noise from her draws the pair back to as she seems to vanish. Curiously the duo follows her scent; Mato taking the lead. The stallion gazes curiously up at the slimy dark walls. Unable to help himself the stallion reaches his muzzle towards the wall trying to touch the thick goop. It was chilly and pulled away with his head clinging to his nose. Snorting the male reaches his large snow flecked head down to rub the nasty ooze on his leg.

In no time at all they reach the end of the winding tunnel and walk into the open. He can clearly see the falls he had been hearing since they arrived back. A bright excited smile flashes through his eyes and around the flowers in his jaws. He turns his purple eyes to meet her ebony gaze as she looks at him meaningfully. He nods briefly before she strides away gracefully. Breathing in deeply he relaxes for a moment before releasing Mato. He bolts away trying to skirt around the women ahead of him. Daemyn follows proudly lifting his silvery tail and raising his legs higher, proud to be back in his home, with his family.

Thunder Thoughts
Words:; 781
OOC:; @Imonada Whoop!
We are gonna see greater heights
They’ll put our names up in neon lights
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu the Constrictor

If there was one thing Ktulu hated more than anything it was a warrior who disappeared without a word to anyone then reappeared as if nothing was wrong. Her ears were flat against her head, nearly disappearing into the white strands of her mane as she watched Daemyn reappear, prancing with flowers in his mouth. She thought back to the last time she had seen him, it was shortly after the invasion and it made rage bubble in her chest like hot, sticky tar. They had all been settling in and suddenly he was gone without a word... and now he was back.

What did he want? His position as warrior back? The idea made Ktulu snort because he had a hell of a lot to prove if he wanted it back.

Where the fuck had he been while they suffered through God battles?

Why the fuck was he coming back now?

"Why are you here?" Her voice rang out loud and clear as she strode toward the prancing Daemyn and the mare that had brought him with all the authority that her position allowed her. Honestly, none of her anger was directed at the mare, she was only recruiting like the herd wanted her to. It was Daemyn who was the source of her ire, but she wouldn't have been surprised if Imonada thought it was directed at her. In an attempt to sooth the other mare Ktulu looked at her, her expression softening briefly. "Imonada..."

The Constrictor forced herself to stop moving once she was near the marauder and she cursed the Moon Goddess mentally, because if she still had control over her magic she would have choked the boy until he fell to his knees and gasped for breath. Unfortunately she had to wait for Daemyn to approach her and the longer he took the more her anger grew, which was bad because she was already seething and ready for a fight.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Byrneve

Imonada does not answer him, instead she chooses to hum a melancholy little tune, until they are both on the other side and standing within a large box canyon with ropey vines scaling the brickred walls, their massive white flowers like adornments in a maiden's braid. Several waterfalls and several ponds of varying sizes take up the area, as well as broken cliff faces scattered upon the ground like fallen titans. "Butterfly Weed, named for its ability to attract wait for it butterflies."

She was, of course, blissfully ignorant to their shared thoughts or any of Mato's less than friendly words, and for once in her life preferring not to know something; but even if she could sense the underlying pressure the dark canine held, she failed to react in any discernible way. Instead her voice lilts a bit as she looks back at the two, she herself standing upon a large and flat rock covered in minty green moss. A meter away in front of her another albeit lazier waterfall tumbles down over a pile of smooth stones, draining into an even-surfaced pond wider than it is deep. Schools of tiny silver and blue fish dart about with determination, along with their slick shadows. The bed is a coppery, rusty assortment beaten into silky gravel; in the dawnlight it is, like the fierce glow of dragon's breath, violent and glittering. Carefully she sets down her vibrant batch of flowers, primly between her two fore hooves. "'Tis quite alright, Daemyn. It isn't easy. The answer is 'E'!" His next question has her chewing at the inside of her mouth, lips twisted in thought. It's a bit of a bout of silence, but there is no judgment or harshness in her eyes as she considers him; just bright speculation. "I'm a Marauder. Ergo, Knox is my Sleuth. I do know a lot has changed for the herd recently, although I do not know the full extent of it. Kaj and Archibald are the leaders now..." She makes a show of eyeing the flower he picked up, her nose crinkling in quiet amusement. "Don't worry about the slime. It's gross, but harmless."

But then a flash of black, bronze, and white in a deadly lean and muscular form plucks her attention away in a swift second just as a familiar voice arrives with it. The ire-filled question why are you here stills her wooden; inside a cold dread descends upon her like icicles overheard. She can feel the very air she breathes in, a gentle pressure in the canal of her nose and a sweet fullness arriving within the chest like coming home. Thankfully it vanishes, this state, when Ktulu softens her expression and gently handles her name; she reads and hears the true intention fine, relaxing away from the icy, but soon concern creases her brow. She looks to Daemyn questioningly, trying to gauge his reaction. "Oh you should have told me, but I can see why you might hesitate to be forthcoming." She fervently glances between him and Ktulu, and with an inward groan she realizes she may have to step between one of the Furies and their target. Forgetting the guard over her flowers, she slides over to Daemyn in an attempt to intercept him on his way toward the pale-haired warrior, two hushed words for him. "Be honest." It's clear there is history here in the tension the Champion held; Imonada knows nothing of it, but the reaction to the stallion's presence is tangible and inarguable. She chooses to hang back a bit, releasing him to go to the Constrictor, to allow them to converse; close enough that a normal range of volume would be heard and far enough they could drop their voices to whispers, where she'd be none the wiser.

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Daemyn
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
Instead of answering him the ebony mare hums happy jaunty tone. Once they are in the clearing she replies calling the plant Butterfly weed. He grins around the plants in his mouth before nodding brightly. After a few more moments and Mato's nasty thoughts she speaks once more. Carefully the stallion sets his vibrant flowers upon the Earth. "That is very clever." Lilac eyes watch her quietly as she studies him thinking carefully over his words. A soft tentative smile touches his dark lips as she reviles her occupation in the herd. He was sure she must excel at the job with her quick words and watchful eyes. 'So Kaj and Archibald are still the rulers, good.' His kind smile widens as he smiles nervously. So she had seen the goop upon his muzzle and leg.

Mato hadn't made it very far before a scent catches his attention. He had only seen most of the herd members so he had no idea what kind of shit storm was about to rain on their parade. Unaware of who it was, and not caring, the dog streaks back to his owner's side hair rising along his back. Brown ears flick up and eyes grow wide as her voice rings towards him, dripping with acid. He stares for a moment; he had not counted on hostility. Mato leans briefly on Daemyn's clean leg before stalking forward to stand between them. He glanced apologetically at the sweet mare before stepping towards his former commander. Imonada stepped towards him her words finally sinking in. he wanted to explain, tell her he hadn't done anything wrong, but he had. He had abandoned his family, left without a word. Her uttered words of honesty do not bother him, he didn't plan to lie. Lying was a vial and cowardly as far as he was concerned. A brief nod was given in respons before he moved forward faster.

Taking a steeling breath the stud readied himself to speak. Mato on the other paw lifted his lip in a snarl his hair still fluffed up along his back and neck. How dare this bitch challenge his bonded. Daemyn was his charge not hers, so she could just fuck off. 'Mato! Behave!' The dog ignored his handler keeping his hazel eyes glued on the mare. "Miss Ktulu," He paused to dip his head respectfully, "I apologize for leaving so abruptly. I had some old problems with my old herd that had to be taken care of." He met her blazing crimson eyes with his own forced calm amethyst ones. "I am here to rejoin my rightful family." He paused once more nervous pounding through his heart. What if she turned him away? Where would he go? Swallowing the lump in his throat his deep rumble sounded again, "I'll leave if you do not wish me to come back. If you grant me a home, I swear to never leave again, and do anything I can to proof my worth to the family." He stood silently awaiting her judgement. He would be lost if Ktulu threw him out. Damned to wonder the world without a soul to protect. Fear filled his heart, but he was careful to hide the emotion flaring in his chest.

Talk
Words;; 543
OOC/TAGS;; So sorry I took so long! =/ Had a lot of stuff come up. @Imonada  @Ktulu Don't forget about or sitting thing <3
Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.
image credits
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu the Constrictor

Ktulu's eyes slipped from the stallion to the dog and she felt the uncanny desire to smash the stupid hound under her hooves to silence it. She was in no mood to deal with Daemyn and his dog. In response to her growing hostility, Eytan stepped forward, his teeth flashing as he roared a warning to the dog. 'Back off. Sit down. Shut up.' Whether or not the dog was smart enough to understand the warning remained to be seen, but he had been warned. If he continued any harm that would come would be a result of his own actions.

The dark mare stood and she waited for Daemyn to explain himself, but when he did she snorted. "Rightful family?" She demanded because  she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Rightful family. What a fucking joke"And what if your rightful family needed your mediocre skills while you were gone?" Which was laughable because i her eyes he really was sub par.  What kind of stallion warrior used his ass in battle to booty bump his opponent?

"Of course I don't wish for you to come back!" Ktulu snapped as Daemyn continued. "What have you done to prove your loyalty or your worth to us?" She questioned. "Coming back doesn't prove that you're loyal. If you were loyal you never would have left. You would have stayed and helped this herd. The one that you call your rightful family."

Was she wrong to be so angry with him? Was she wrong to doubt his loyalty when he could leave so easily? It would have been different had he thought to tell someone that he needed to leave for a time, but he hadn't even thought enough of his leaders or his family to do so.

"You will fight me." The Constrictor said next, her voice nearly a growl. "If you can beat me then you can be a warrior. If you cannot or if you refuse then you will have to find some other job in this herd."

"."

ooc://
woo! Ktu just threw down the gauntlet. If Daemyn accepts her challenge i'll start a challenge thread. we can have it be just them. eytan can sit on mato at that point to keep him from interfering if you want.

Credits

@Daemyn @Imonada

Icon by Tay

Byrneve
A hush falls upon the forest after Ktulu's clarion challenge rings out, strong and certain as she glowers at Daemyn from her position; her expression, not to mention tone, brooked no quarter, and Imonada knew it would be useless to attempt an alternative route. She felt the dark unicorn's anger, hot and indigant with a streak of righteousness the truth accounted for. In the silence around the trio, the crow of the bunch remains on the stallion's side of the gathering; she knew she had every right to join the Champion or quite simply leave the scene and head further into the territory without disruption, but Daemyn deserved another chance, in her mind. Loyalty and subservience were the very ties that bound her patchwork soul, but the world wasn't in black or white: it was in millions of colors, many beyond perception. Circumstance was some chaotic divinity, felt but ellusive. He had his reasons and, in the grand scheme of things, Ktulu's request was a logical and sensible as a response. If he was not fit to be warrior, there were other roles he could fill and still contribute -- but he needed to answer for his defection and seemed primed to appease his old commander.

It just wouldn't hurt to provide some morale, if she could. Imonada flicks her ear in thought, the thin string of gold draped down the side of her lean, dark felid face, sparkling in the bath of sunlight that leaks through the canopy above them. "Daemyn. Do you feel rested enough? If so, I suggest you do this as soon as you are ready." There trek had not been terribly long, the eastern borders of the herdlands convergent with the same threshold that fed into Helovia. It was possible Ktulu would ask him to fight no matter how he felt, as otherwise enemies tended to be even less discriminating, but at the very least she was reminding him to take stock of himself and prepare. 

@Daemyn
@Ktulu
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh