the Rift

[OPEN] Something old, something new

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

“…Mama?” the girl called, pausing along the path. The name came out a nervous bleat—appropriate for the little lost lamb who wandered the woods today. Tentatively, Areli cleared her throat and tried again, louder: “Mama…?” But alas, no answer. Even the rustle that she thought she had heard in the brush had ceased, leaving the forest silent and still. All that was left was the rush of blood in her ears and the tumultuous beating of her heart. Taking one deep, shaky breath to steady herself, Areli nodded to Bee, and the pair moved forward again.

Normally a walk in the woods wouldn’t have frightened the girl, especially on a day like this one when the Orangemoon sun shone down brightly from a clear sky. However, Areli hadn’t seen her mother in several days, and Ciceron’s warnings of strange gods and monsters had struck fear into her heart. While she knew that she was safe in the Falls, what if Mama had gotten herself into some trouble? Was that why she hadn’t returned? Areli’s breath caught in her throat, thinking of her beautiful mother stranded somewhere, injured and alone. She knew that Parelia could fight off the bad guys—Mama had the scars to prove it, she’d seen them! But monsters? They were a different matter entirely. And so, mustering up her courage, the dutiful daughter had ventured forth from her haven in search of her missing mother.

She hadn’t known where to look at first, for Parelia’s business away from the Falls had taken her in several different directions before. It also complicated matters that Mama could fly—a skill that Areli had yet to master. Ground-bound, it was harder to navigate, and so she stuck to familar paths. She and Bee had covered a fair distance in a few days, traveling past the Edge and through the Secret Grove, but so far, no sign of Mama. With each passing day her anxiety grew, but she trekked on, determined to find Parelia. The filly knew that her mother would have done the same for her.

So preoccupied was she that when she stumbled upon the Rotunda, it was quite the surprise. It seemed to rise out of the ground ahead as if by magic, a miracle of elegant stone spirals and jewel-toned glass—Areli had never seen anything like it. Forgetting her troubles for the moment, she drew closer to the playhouse, eyes wide and inquisitive. “Whoa,” she breathed to no one in particular, Cool.”

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

For @Galiel, though others are welcome!
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie
hold fast to dreams,
for if dreams die,
life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go,
life is a barren field —
frozen with snow.
I had been so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid stupid! Honestly I was out here in strange lands trying to find only one person. ONE. Did I expect to find them so quickly…well maybe. But that was where the stupid came in. Searching a strange new land in search of one individual…I probably had better chances finding a needle in a haystack.

Groans of irritation released themselves from my lungs as I stumbled about. My legs, though not as often as they had been, were still slightly twitchy from my injury from fighting in that battle against the beast – the tiger that Aeolus had called it. If it were still alive I would curse it to kingdom come, but alas it wasn’t. And thank god my legs were getting better. Perhaps I would be all better before I found Areli. Or maybe not…

I paused as I caught a glimpse of someone walking just beyond the bushes in front of me. Ears pricked forwards as I caught the voice of the other being and my eyes grew wide. Was it really her? It couldn’t possibly be her, could it? I mean what were the chances out of the entirety of the civilization of this place I had found her here in this woods…next to the uh…thing in the clearing.

“Areli!” I yelled to her on impulse and out of excitement. Before I knew it I was stumbling over to her. It was only once I was closer to her that I noticed she was also with her pet as well. Bee was its name if I remembered correctly, “Areli, I have been looking all over for you!” I spoke as I started to try to catch my breath. A faint smile took over my mouth as I looked at her and then it disappeared as my attention diverted to the thing that stood before us, “Vat is zis place?”

Curiosity gripped at my facial features as I looked upon the stone thing with colorful glassy spots. What was this place? Would mother and father have known what this place was? Was it a safe place or a hideout for the bad guys? There were many questions that needed to be answered but right now I was just happy that I had finally found Areli and er…her pet too though I didn’t exactly know what to make of it just yet. Seemed like everybody here had some sort of pet…guess I should try to get one soon. But that could wait. First I had to deal with this place and Areli.

"Talk."
notes:: @Areli
image credits

Please tag me in ALL posts!
Use of magic and force on Gali is permitted so long as there is no permanent serious injury or death.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Suddenly the stillness of the clearing shattered. A voice called her name, and Areli nearly jumped out of her skin. She had been too interested in the rotunda to hear Galiel’s approach, and the other filly’s arrival startled her soundly. Feeling the upward rush of her bonded’s adrenaline, Bee barked and came running from where she had been exploring, ready to protect her mistress. 

However, when Areli turned, she only found—“Galiel,” she breathed in visible relief. “Gods, you scared me!” Though her tone was reproachful, the girl was rather grateful to have a bit of company. While Galiel wouldn’t be much help if those so-called gods and monsters decided to make an appearance, Areli considered it vaguely comforting that at least she wouldn’t be eaten alone. Hackles now lowered, Bee huffed indignantly from her place at the dark yearling’s hooves, as if to ask, what about me? But Areli only rolled her eyes at the pup before addressing Galiel again.

“I dunno,” she confessed, gaze flickering back to the structure before them. “’S pretty though. Let’s explore!” Feeling bolder now that she had a friend at her side, Areli strode forward, intending to climb the gazebo stairs. “C’mon!” she called once she had gotten inside. Her voice echoed hollowly from the crumbling stone walls. “’S like a castle in here,” she continued reverently, looking around. To be sure, Areli had seen few buildings other than the old prison cell in the Falls and thus had little to compare to the stories that she had heard of palaces far, far away. However, the idea wasn’t entirely unfounded: the structure was grand, ornately decorated, and brimming with mystery—all very castle-like qualities. To her, the logic held. “C’mon,” the girl repeated, growing increasingly excited about their discovery, “Ya gotta see this!”

OOC: Sorry for the delayed reply, the holidays ate me!

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Galiel
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel

Bi-coloured optics focus on the small fuzzball with intense curiosity as she inches forward trying to keep her steps silent. All she wants is to play with the little rabbit but it kept running away from her every time she got close. This time she had tried a different tactic of sneaking up through the grass and so far it had worked! "Hello little rabbit." She said softly poking her head through the grass only to have the rabbit panic and run away. Disheartened by the lack of a playmate the filly gave chase cantering along after the rabbit until it disappeared completely down a hole. Getting down on her knees she daringly stuck her muzzle towards the opening. "I only want to play..." she whispered softly hoping that the creature would come bounding back out to join her in her games.

Growing bored when not a sound emerged in response the filly got back to her feet to look around. Unfamiliar terrain surrounded her from every direction making her stomach sink. She wasn't supposed to wander off from home... surely she couldn't be too far through. Trotting forward the girl caught sight of some type of magical looking structure a little ways ahead. Perplexed and keen to explore all ideas of returning home were soon forgotten as she bounded forward until she stood staring up at the patterned rooftop. Wow.. who could have made something like this? All the different colours and the patterns, she had never seen nothing like this before. In her amusement the young filly failed to notice that she was not the only one examining the handiwork before her.

•• TAGS: @Areli , @Galiel •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind and sorry for the short starter ••

“Every loss, every mistake, was seared into her soul, creating a different kind of tattoo, one made from rage and abandonment, heartbreak and tears”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads