the Rift

[OPEN] supernova castaway, apocalyptic renegade

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

Landing back in the Dragons Throat, Ghost gingerly set herself on the ground and stood a moment, allowing Fantôme time to slide from her back and onto the sandy floor. She heaved and puffed, her injuries and her fatigue made carrying the heavy watch, that nestled under her wing, all that much harder. At least it was over. The battles were over. Or, it seemed that way. Ghost wasn’t one to presume an ending to chaos, but the Earth God had been quite decisive and the banshee was quite simply tired. It was the end because she hoped it was the end. Her body didn’t feel up to being battered anymore. Still, she wasn’t without trophy. Around her neck and tied to her stolen crescent moon necklace was a vial, stained with tar, of tiger God blood. A consolation prize for her efforts though it didn’t heal the wounds she had sustained or offer a reason for the madness. Was all that just to have more land? She shrugged and sighed, for now she didn’t care, gaining something was better than nothing and the red blood went quite well with the blue moons. The banshee wore it like a symbol of her duty to the land, a trinket for her dogged hard work and for any that may doubt that she was there.

For a moment everything was still, the breeze blew, the sun was edging its way back and day turned towards evening. The spy wondered what happened now, was there another storm brewing on the horizon that the Gods hadn’t told them about? It felt odd that there was no current crisis afoot (that she knew of) and her heart was suddenly yearning for more chaos again. Chaos without the disturbing diseases, those weren’t needed and it made Ghosts nose wrinkle again at the thought. She had been lucky this time.

"Go on ahead, I might be slow" she ushers her wolf with a nod of her head as she delicately began to move into her lame walk. It hurt, but it wasn’t that bad, the brute that currently ruled the Hidden Falls had dealt her much worse damage than this. So she shouldered the injury and began to make heavy work of walking through the demanding desert. At least it wasn’t the height of the day when the sun was the hottest. She raised her wings slightly to help with her balance and to block the last embers of the day as Fantôme disappeared off into the distance. She followed the images he sent that directed her towards the Oasis and the chance of water with shade.

As she travelled she lost herself in thought, wondering if the others had made it back from the Isles and if they too were injured. She had yet to see a Riftian venture into the desert either; though she had been in and out so often that it was quite possible she had missed them. Ghost hoped they would come, at least some of them, it was boring if she couldn’t prod and poke them with questions about the land they had just come from. The banshee was quite interested in this Rift and how on earth it came about. Were there more? Was it all the same Rift? These were the kinds of questions she pondered over as she walked closer and closer to the Oasis.

Open / @Laedere
Sorry it sucks! I couldn’t quite hit a harmony with her in this one :T 

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere carefully deposited herself back inside the border of the Throat. It was safer here, yes? Oh. Well, she didn't know. It was tiring.  Things apparently had been happening. More battles, more fights. But she couldn't really keep up with it- and since she didn't want to fight either, she hadn't really gone out searching for these… new lands? Still, Ardere moved ahead of her - scouting for something to play with as they headed back toward the Oasis.

Tired footsteps kicked up sand - wanting so badly to fly once more and knowing that it more than likely would not happen. Yet, Ardere caught sight of something else at the waters. She shot off - catapulting herself back into the water with a huge splash. Then, she emerges - flicks her tail in the water, and moves to try and play with this new creature. "Puppy!" she squeaked happily through the bond and it takes all of Laedere not to shake her head and sigh. Great, more interactions. Carefully, she tugs her wings back to her side and allows a slow exhale to leave her lungs.

She moves in closer - certain that the wound in her wing was hidden, and she could claim the bandage was just an old decoration which had been worn with the sun and weather. No one would question that, right? Oh, she hoped so. Still, as she came up to the Oasis she noticed another mare, seeming to favor one of her legs. Ardere was already occupied with the wolf, wanting to get it to play in the water and enjoy the stark contrast from the desert that surrounded them.

So sorry for how long this took ;-;
@Ghost

they say the good die young
but they never really tell you that they never die alone
image credits

Ghost was always surprised when she came across another in the orange land, even though the Throat was quite well populated, it always seemed odd to run into so many in an almost wasteland. Though it was often near the Oasis she came across the vibrant souls of her new home and perhaps the natural resource was a draw for many here. It was certainly one of Ghost’s favourite places to linger, especially when the sun burned down on them with its often-relentless rays. However, she and her wolf weren’t exactly expecting to find a dolphin amongst the residents of the Throat, but it was a dolphin they found, or perhaps, it found them. The marine mammal also defied all knowledge the banshee had of aquatic creatures and blew her mind as it happily floated around as if it was the most normal thing in the world. It soon dived into the pool and Fantôme stopped dead in his tracks, watching the thing with wild bemusement.

"What is it?"

His gruff voice boomed into Ghost’s head and the Cadaverous winced from the sudden loudness in her mind. She looked at the creature again who was happily playing in the water now and eyeing her canine friend with a look that promised fun.

"A dolphin… I think" she replied quietly, a stark contrast to Fantôme’s noisy shouts.

"Can I eat it?" he boomed again and by now Ghost, still wincing from her bonded’s loud voice, had spotted the pale mare coming towards them. Perhaps the floating fish belonged to this mare.

"No… Stop shouting, you’re giving me a headache" she complained at him, but the wolf was far more interested in the sea creature, a little bit of disappointment entering his feral gaze as Ghost denied him the chance to make the fish his prey. Instead, Fantôme moved tentatively forwards and placed a paw into the water, flicking it with curiosity as he tried to imitate the dolphin.

Now Ghost was considering the stranger in her sights and her dark, analytical like gaze roved over her appearance as she looked with interest at the green marks and the dry blood stained bandage. "Is this your friend" she began, nodding to the dolphin. The spy had seen many bonded creatures, but not one like this. As silence fell on her part she looked back to the strangers bandage and wondered why she still had it, the blood on it looked like it had been dry a long time and Ghost couldn’t quite see what it was hiding if anything.

"Do you live here too?" she asked, even though the ocean kept the land bound at bay, it didn’t stop the winged from getting across. Here voice was neutral, however, as the sprite didn’t want to sound too welcoming nor too unfriendly.

@Laedere
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
--- I laid beside you and pulled you close
And the two of us went up in smoke ---
Laedere hadn't exactly been too prepared for another's presence. Aye. She had seen the companion that was going near the water, but her mind hadn't exactly connected the idea that she would actually need to interact with this other creature.

Still, as the words came from the other pegasus' mouth, she allowed herself to relax her position and give a gentle nod in response to the question. "Tis be Ardere. Mineself be Laedere," A quiet response, but something that wasn't intended to be rude. Alas, she no longer knew what was rude and what wasn't in these lands where their rituals were so different from her own.  The dark one inquired if Laedere was a member of the Throat as well.

"Aye, tis mine herd as well." She gently dipped her nose down to point to the key to the Throat. Meanwhile, Ardere continued to splash around in the water Always fun, always amused. She wasn't sure how her companion could be so carefree - but she supposed it was only possible because she was always concerned.

Gentle movements had her edging closer to the water - closer to her companion, before she finally dipped her head down to take a drink of the liquid she so badly needed after the long trek. "How long hath ye been in tis land?" she inquired, quiet words, body positioned in a form of respect, eyes not meeting the others in case the other mare was her superior in some form or another. Truly, it wouldn't have been possible in her lands. All mares were equal - only above the children. Though, some stags did manage to sink down to their ranks - most all were above the mares. Aye, they still came to them for ideas - but there was no guarantee that it would be worked with or go any farther. They were only there to raise the young, to continue the generation.

Eek. I'm so sorry I take so long ;-;
@Ghost
Image Credit

SIRENS AND SMOKE REMIND US

Ardere and Laedere.

Easy names to remember when they fell so poetically off the tongue and she wondered if there was a meaning behind them. Even her voice sounded archaic and it reminded her of Midas and the odd way he too used to speak.

Her every move looked gentle and graceful, like a delicate angel bound to the earth. Ghost watched her take a drink and smiled gently at her question as her eyes disappeared into thought. How long? Not really that long, a season maybe? Not much more than that and not long enough to know every face in the herd, though she was getting there, soul by soul.  First, however, she also dipped her head in a polite welcome before going on to answer the quietly put inquiry not long, a season, perhaps a little more her silky voice replied with thought. A season still felt too long, it only felt like a few days ago that she joined, but time had a way of passing unnoticed and leaving one reeling trying to catch up. “I’m not acquainted with many here yet, she admitted with a small laugh, though she was finding the discovering of the residents of the Throat to be quite interesting.

For a moment she turned to watch the dolphin and the wolf, a rather odd interaction, the dolphin appeared to be carefree in every aspect. On the other hand, after experimenting once with his paw, Fantôme now stood a little ways back from the spray of water with a disgruntled and rather dismayed look to his face. It made Ghost snort in amusement ”I think Ardere wants to play” she urged her bonded who looked at her with exasperation ”it’s wet” he replied with disgust. The spy sighed and shook her head, turning away from her disturbed wolf and back to Laedere with an apologetic look I think your bonded friend will have a hard time convincing him to join in” she said with unconcealed amusement.

Afterwards, she went on to finally do the introductions I’m Ghost and the wolf is Fantôme she informed, though the canine was still ignoring everyone and everything. After that everything fell silent and Ghost looked for a way to start a conversation, she wasn’t the best at social interaction and Laedere was also new to her and quiet herself. Still, Ghost ignored the awkwardness of it and settled on a few questions have you lived here a long time? she began, echoing the question from earlier. Her gaze briefly drifted to the dry blood on her bandage and she was suddenly struck with the urge to ask why such a thing was tied to her wing, but she held her tongue for now. Perhaps she would be rude to ask such a personal sounding question within the first few minutes of them meeting.

I didn’t think I’d end up living here, she said as her gaze drifted back to the dolphin in the water, her eyes glazing over in thought. At first, Ghost had thought she’d be bound to the northern mountains forever, then it was the Hidden Falls, now she lived in the southern most part of Helovia and she felt a little less certain of things these days. Do you hold a rank? she suddenly asked, wondering if the mare was some sort of official that she should probably know about.

imi's turn to beg forgiveness D: sorry its so late! <3

MAYBE THE WORLD WON'T FIND US

@Laedere
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte