[PRIVATE] Welcome to your life

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

Darkness faded quickly now. One by one the stars went out, until only one remained. A light was kindling on the horizon behind her back, a band of silver that robbed the sky of its deep velvety blues. From the west, where the last of the night's darkness still lingered, a cool breeze blew in over the dunes, carrying along a scent of salt and brine, of things rotting along the shoreline. Whispering around her delicate ears, the murmurs of the wind almost drowned out the rush of quiet waves that lapped against the beach and chased tatters of cloud across the heavens - promising a clear, brilliant day, perhaps to make up for the dismal weather of the previous one.

Breathing in deeply the filly raised her head and let it caress her face and comb through the dense curls, felt it dry the last remnants of the night's rains from her coat and chase the sands from her legs.

Erthë smiled.

It was hard to remain sad and angry when the world around her was so beautiful. From the warm summer rain and the thunder rolling across the sky to the stillness of the present, this cool and calm instance just before the sun rose above the horizon; it was enough to make her chest ache with a bittersweet longing she couldn't put into words. Though her life was good, though her troubles were small and insignificant in the big scheme of things, she carried with her a craving, a longing and need for something more. Something bigger than herself, that she could be a part of.

Haunted eyes lingered on the spot where the moon had been until a short while ago, now drowned beneath the rippling surface of the ocean. Pain had kept her sleepless as of late, and Erthë found it comforting to follow the path of the moon across the heavens as she endured the aches in her leg. It made her feel connected to the Lady, somehow, as though she could sense the presence of the Goddess more clearly while bathed in Her light. Imagination or wishful thinking; regardless of which it eased the longing a bit, cleared her thoughts and lulled her back into sleep.

With a sigh the pale dove peeled her gaze away from the sky and picked her way off along the beach, slow due to the heavy limp and with something forlorn about her lithe frame. Erthë felt lonely. It was not a feeling she welcomed, or even understood - she had her father and Vlasi, Tembovu and everyone in the Edge - but it weighed on her nevertheless.

It made her wish that her mother was still alive, so she could have someone to talk to. Someone who, unlike the moon, actually offered answers.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Rikyn

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

I don’t notice the beauty of the encroaching day, at least not as the filly does.

I awake from a short nap of some thirty minutes to find that the threatening rumble of the skies that sounded all night have at long last broken into the warm pattering of rain. Thick, delightfully surprising, the droplets rouse me quickly and to good humor, rather than the colder drizzles up north. It isn’t long after that that I find myself delighting further in the pull of my muscles as my hooves dig into and against the damp sand, sinking only to be forced upwards once more; a sandy spray alights behind me, dislodged from its keep on the shore to sparkle in the rosy rain light of dawn beside the sea.

There is a beauty in it, that if I cared to notice these things was evident; blessedly cool after the weeks of Tallsun heat, serene and peaceful, the only sounds at this early hour the thud whump of my golden hooves against the sand, and the lullaby of the sea against the shore. I instead notice only that the beach is long, and that that length is interrupted by a small and rather annoying little white figure.

It’s even more annoying that I remember her name so instantaneously.

And so I let that annoyance be revealed as I pull to a stop at a disrespectful distance at a mightily disrespectful speed considering our locale; a curtain of pale sand sparkles up in an earthy wave, the sound of my laughter calling out from behind it, and over its crest as it falls back down in thuds and thumps.

"’Sup, Erthe?" I ask the little ivory shit, having not forgotten her lack of manners the last we’d met – but also forgiving her (especially now that I’ve hopefully doused her in sand as a punishment), trying to remember that I couldn’t expect much more from a winged cur.

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

Busy with her own thoughts, absorbed by musings and reflections and thoroughly enjoying her quiet alone time, the filly paid little attention to her surroundings. Why should she? The beach had been empty last time she checked, it was too early for even the soldiers to be out on their morning runs and most sane people ought to be sheltering in forests and caves, waiting for the summer storm to pass.

She didn't expect anyone to creep up behind her, and so her reaction time when a sudden drum roll of approaching hooves reached her ears was slow at best. No sooner had she tensed and realized that she probably ought to move than a skidding sound was heard, and before she had gotten out of the way a shower of heavy, damp sand rained down over her pale figure.

"What the...!"

Erthë froze and gasped, surprise turning into crackling, icy fury; she stopped dead in her tracks and turned her head slowly, ominously, to glare at whatever idiot that had dared to be so clumsy....

Then he spoke, and whatever expectations she might have had on a civilized conversation crumbled. Pressing her lips together Erthë turned to face the grinning colt, her dual-colored eyes narrowed and a look of great dislike clearly visible on the young face.

"Oh" she said, so dryly it was a miracle her voice didn't cause sparks to fly. "It's you. I should have known - no one else would be as intentionally dickheaded this early in the morning."

Pursing her lips, the girl looked Rikyn over. It had been a long time since she'd had to endure his company. She had grown since then, gained inches in height and filled out from a frail wisp of a babe into a lithe, slender filly - a lot wiser and twice as snarky. He still towered over her however, and probably always would. Erthë was rarely bothered by her lacking stature but it irked her that this particular boy was able to look down on her so easily. His attitude hadn't changed either - still the same haughty, rude look of superiority in his eyes, the same sneer curling the dark lips.

The only positive with his presence was that she didn't have to hide how little she enjoyed it.

"Can't you be a jerk somewhere else?" she said, waspishly. "You're ruining a perfectly good day."

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Rikyn

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~