the Rift

Bringing home a TIGER | Tingal, Kri

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The young buck had led yet another newcomer back to the Throat. He was beginning to feel like it was his job to rally up new herdmembers and he couldn’t say he didn’t like it. He still felt guilty about telling Lady Kri that he didn’t prefer the desert though and that added to him wanting to do his best for the herd. Saying those words had felt a bit like he was insulting his leader personally. But now Breeze had realized that he was even more attached to the herd than he’d originally thought, he didn’t want to cast away the title “of the Dragon’s Throat” from his name, he was proud to belong to the mostly pegasi-populated herd. His mind was finally at peace.

When they arrived Breeze was even happy to see the Dragon’s Blood tree, the oasis and the stingy green cactus plants. It wasn’t as hot now when the year was coming to an end and Frostfall was closing in. But Breeze still preferred the north and that was why he often ended up in the Gateway. This time his companion was a strange hybrid, a beautifully striped orange stallion, with fangs and a feline tail. The young pegasi already liked his exotic exterior and from what he could read of his behavior the male was kind too.

"We’re here!" Breeze told Tingal and started pointing out some features of the herdland. "That’s the oasis, that’s the Dragon’s Blood tree and well all of this is the Dragon’s Throat."

Breeze smiled and then he threw his head back, calling for Kri to come and see his new friend. He gave Tingal a sideways glance imagining himself begging Kri ”Please can I keep it, please, please.” like a child who’d found a stray dog. But he had a feeling this male would not become someone’s pet, he seemed to cleaver and strong for that.

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
Tingal scanned his new home, a desert plain, sandy. It was nice to have a herd to call his own. Tingal bowed his head."Thank you for allowing me to see your herd." Tingal bowed his head gratefully. His nose picked up the smell of many others, his whiskers twitched."Where is the leader of this herd? I must know if they have accepted me into the herd."Tingal looked at Breeze, he respected him, as he was the first... pegasus he had ever known. Tingal followed this stallion as if he was his mentor. Tingal wanted to learn about this herd and their traditions. He heard the stallion call out for one named Kri. Tingal waited quietly beside the winged stallion.

Word Count: 122

OOC: Yay! Tingal (almost) belongs to a heard!!

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

I had seen a tiger before.

Prometheus, the former Artisan of the Throat, had a tiger companion. I noted with some sadness that this was not a cat, like the broken creature that had waited at the feet of his master, but a horse. I was not entirely sure whether this thing had bred with a cat or if it was just a strange coloration.

Breeze certainly looked proud of his scouting. As I walk up to the odd pair, I can practically see the childish glow of excitement on his face, and it bring a gentle smile to my own. Oh, the wondrous abandon of youth. How long since its sweet rays had fallen on my own face? Far too long, I fear, for there was not a memory I had that could be so recalled.

"What an interesting creature," I say as I get closer. "Hello, Breeze, and who might you be?"