the Rift

[OPEN] LO, a griffin

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel didn't know what was in the egg when the Sun God had handed it to her. The surface was so pretty and creamy, a beautiful shade of off-white and golden that drew her in immediately. She wondered if this is what she looked like once. Was the color of her shell so lovely? Bigger? Smaller? She wished she could remember, but in a way, just knowing that she had come from the same shell seemed to bond them already. Her heart could feel it, something else growing there that was warm and not full to the brim with anger and rage. It was a beautiful, pure little nook just waiting to be linked with this creature within.

A fissure began to form on the outer surface, a little crack forming into the new world. Aithniel waited with bated breath, kneeling in the sand and rubbing the round figure with her charcoal nostrils. She blinked molten, silver eyes, waiting and watching as the strong being inside began to break through. With claw and beak it tore at the edges of its enclosure until its fluffy, gooey body was exposed to the world and it cried out. She quickly came to its aide, licking until the creature was clean and admiring his pretty wings and eyes.

He.

She could feel it more than see. He was strong and handsome, flooding her mind with nonsensical colors and overall displeasure, and she laughed. "Yeah, yeah, I get it," she murmured, helping the creature up onto her back. "You're hungry. Lets find some grub." Aithniel found some sort of crab/worm like thing and nabbed it between her toes, before giving it to the babe with her teeth.

"So gross, man. You'll have to figure out how to hunt for yourself sometime..." she laughed, continuing until it was sated. He needed a name though. She looked at him, thinking of the heavens and the sun and smiled. "Zerachiel."

Aithniel
You ought to know where I'm coming from / How I was alone when I burnt my home
And all of the pieces were torn and thrown / You should know where I'm coming from
dry-oasis

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'll be your number one with a bullet;

A loaded god-complex, cock it and pull it!
It is a truth universally acknowledged that children make piss-poor invalids.

Despite firm instructions to stay home and rest, it wasn't long before Zero found himself quite certainly not at home- though, he reminded himself defensively, he hadn't gone that far from home. It's not like he'd gone to the mountains, or even to find Isopia in her home, a thing he desperately wished to do. No, he'd just moseyed along the coastline, just a little way, just off toward the one place he probably shouldn't have gone.

The place where it happened.

His wing had healed surprisingly well, though it still had a way to go. The multitude of bruises he'd accrued through his fall had yet to fully dissipate, and sadly he hadn't picked up any badass scars, but on the whole the lightning boy's healing process was a smooth one. What hadn't quite healed was his mind. Oh, sure, Zero was happy to tell everyone about his adventure, loudly boasting the important role he'd played in the death of the god. It wasn't until later, when he was all alone and night covered his face, that he sat and picked and tore at the metal on his side, trying desperately to do... something. Punish it, or perhaps himself, for a fact he now knew, a fact he couldn't escape: his wing wasn't going to grow in, and if he ever tried to fly he'd just fall down again.

These were the thoughts that plagued the boy as he made his way along the beach. So caught up in his distress was Zero that he almost didn't notice the girl, whose strange familiarity and incredible prettiness was completely outweighed, in the boy's mind, by the creature that sat upon her back. Familiar conflict spread through Zero's youthful mind. On the one hand, companions were awesome, and all the ones he knew could do really cool things. On the other, Ma was very, very firm on the fact that he must never get one, because it meant he was tying another creature to himself forever, whether they liked it or not. Zero could understand this- after all, he was bound forever to the ground. Curiosity and consternation fought a battle in the child's head, and surprisingly, consternation won.

"Is that your 'panion? My Ma says havin' a 'panion isn' responsible."

He tried to be serious. To maintain the look of judgment that his Ma could wear so well, the severe glare, the intimidating presence, but it was simply of no use. Zero stared down the girl and her griffin for as long as he could before crumpling, folding, succumbing to that which truly drove him. His wing hung limply across his back as the boy stepped forward, severe expression melting into one of innocent curiosity, sunbeam eyes trained on the newborn cat-bird-thing. "What is it?" he asked the girl finally, blinking and drawing his gaze away from the beautiful creature, sincere curiosity spread like watercolors across his face. The older girl was still so familiar, and also so pretty, and Zero flushed sheepishly, and mumbled, "'s really cool. What's its name?"

Maybe he just wouldn't tell Ma about this particular adventure. She didn't have to know he'd met another companion. It's not like his Ma and this stranger would ever cross paths.

image credits

@Aithniel - sibling bonding time?!