V
A
L
H
A
L
L
A

We walked for miles through a long forest before emerging into a wide green meadow, the rusty orb now floating directly above our heads. Occasionally it would hide behind the thin wisps of white and gray, but still it's light stained the earth we walked on with a dead, discomforting color. I am so curious about this place! My mind and eyes keep wandering off, distracted by noises and smells that were so rich and bold. Both of our bodies hummed with life, a soft white light reaching from our souls to reveal our path. I had chosen to follow the young stallion for no other reason than vague familiarity: similar coloring. It was still nice to feel comfortable, even if I would have to fake it. I am tired an groggy, but I continued to follow the swaying tail nearly a bodies-length before me. We moved through Helovia at a comfortable pace, but how much further could we go before we reached the end of the world? Surely it had a boundary?

The girls were no older than half a year; still leggy and uncoordinated on their own small toes. I can remember their beautiful shiny eyes as they nipped at one another, small squeals and snorts filling the marble room. They had my heart already. The Red had left me with them to check on the production rooms where all the good were crafted by the more skilled and trustworthy servants. Just before she left, she tapped my nose softly with her own. "I may be a while, sweet Governess, but I'll be back." she whispered, her breath hot on my small face. Milky eyes blinked rapidly back at her and my heart skipped a beat: just how long would I be watching the girls on my own? But I knew not to question The Red, as she was always good to her word. "What if they get hungry?" I squeaked, my jaw tight in anticipation. "They were just fed, surely they will be fine." I nodded once, a quick bob that I could barely feel as my nerves tensed. With that, she exited the room, her toes making so little noise on the white floor.

When I turned back to face the twins, they looked back at me with excited grins. The youngest still was missing one fang, making her smile look so young and innocent, as a child should appear. They whispered to each other in their mother tongue, which even I could tell was still choppy and developing in their minds, without dropping eye contact with me. Finally, the oldest tip-toed toward me, her bushy tail flopping from side to side. "You play with us?" Her body perked up and her chest poked out as she spoke. Suddenly it seemed like all the tension that just had a vice grip on my throat melted away and a shy smile tugged my dark lips up. "Yeah, I'll play."

A thin layer of moisture blurred my vision before small tears trickled down my short face. My heart was heavy with grief and I didn't expect anyone to understand my pain. I have never had to deal with mourning before, but even when I was in the foulest mood, The Red would offer a listening ear and a warm smile. Very seldom would she ever offer advice, but she would always steer me in the right direction somehow. Without The Royals, how would I ever survive on my own? A sigh rolled through the air in it's own little white wisp, just like the ones in the black space above our heads. "Thank you for your help, sir." My voice, respectful and quiet, seemed to blend in comfortably with our surroundings.

My toes rolled over a stone every other step, the terrain changing beneath our feet before I noticed in the night. The tall, dewy grasses grew shorter and more sparse. We must be so far from our starting point.. how long have we been moving? The smells began to change, and I almost thought that I could smell home for a moment. An invisible smoke lingered in the air, dust and stone replacing the sweet floral scent of the forest. Square jaws flexed silently, my molars grinding in my ears; is this in my head?! Colorless eyes flitted around, a soft orange light illuminating the distance. It looked warm and ready to embrace our bodies, like I could crawl into the colors and nestle my head into it's bosom as I fall into a deep slumber. "Are we going there?" I chirped, my voice more excited than I meant for it to be. Small ears twitched, the light that continuously spilled from my body aiding my poor vision, but most everything was black still. Everything besides Mesec's own highlighted body and the orange glow.

"Speech here."
Ooc: Open to anyone, just let @Mesec reply first please. <3 Also, you can just jump us to the Throat instead of lingering at The Heart if you'd like Sarah. c:

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
He didn’t want to trouble her by prattling on during their journey - instead he made small conversation, introducing her to the different lands they crossed on their path southward. He lead her westward first, avoiding the bamboo forest directly to the south, through the Deep Forest and Thistle Meadow. After being told off in another language by one of the other mares, Mesec was doing his best to be as unthreatening as possible. It was his intention to steer her away from any harm. She had already been through alot and he was hoping to  make the transition as easy as possible. To her thanks, one of the few words they shared on their journey, his silver-lined features softened into an encouraging smile. “You’re very welcome.”

As they were approaching the Heart, she spoke up again and the excitement in her voice brought forth another smile. Silver eyes quickly were drawn to the warm beacon, all the more inviting for the cool Orangemoon night. “No, though we can stop there to take a look before we move on if you wish.” He angled towards the Heart, the heat of it caressing their bodies in the dark - orange light mingling with the pale white and silver of their bodies. They were so alike that for part of their journey, Mesec wondered if they were siblings. Dark thoughts laid down that pathway through - the consideration of whether his mother would actually send his replacement first as a herald of his death simply too much for him to think of - and he quickly removed the thoughts from his mind. Their similarities in colouration were nothing more than a coincidence and it was wrong of him to think such cruel things about the quiet mare by his side.

Stopping a few lengths away from the opening he gestured to the great fissure in front of them and explained what he could. “This is Helovia’s heart, a forever-burning fire. Beautiful, isn't it? There are some caves nearby but they’re better explored during the daylight - we can come back another day.” Again, if she wished. He would be happy to play tour guide for her in the daylight but for now, it might be best to move on to the Throat and get her settled so that she could properly rest in what he considered to be the safest place in all of Helovia.

Further south they continued until they came to the coast.  

Mesec certainly made it a habit to invite those back to the Throat that could not cross the water on their own. Well, unless she was particularly interested in swimming but he didn’t think so - certainly not in the dark. “We’ll have to wait here, for someone to come. My home is an island across the way - you can just make out the shoreline.” With the light of the moon and stars, the Throat was a pale line across the channel. “There’s a bridge that will take those without wings across, but I’m afraid I don’t have a key. I don’t expect that the pair of us will go unnoticed for very long.” They may both have black coats but they were glowing, after all.

He smiled at her then, soft and (hopefully) comforting. The white-etched mare had so much sadness resting on her and he just want to make this as easy as he could. He didn’t want to leave her stranded on this strange shore while he found someone that could help her cross the bridge so he asked Lucius to fly and find someone - Gaucho, Megaera, Ampere… anyone.

while the rain water washes away who you are
we'll go over the mountains and under the stars

@Valhalla

so the timelines make sense, this will be set before the 'giving tree' threads

anyone joining that can accept Valhalla ( @Gaucho or @Megaera if you'd like :) ) is welcome to PP Lucius coming to find them
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times