the Rift

[OPEN] someone like you

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
@Jahzara

ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Although she has become acquainted with the world again, she still remained in the shadows. The Edge provided many a quiet corner to camp in. No jobs, no duties, no drama… it was oddly unsettling to be able to take a nap and not worry about being stabbed in the back. Her eyes peeked open then, her head still resting in the grass and she released a pent up sigh. It looked as If she was deflating into the ground. 

Elsa snorted at the blades of grass that tickled her nose. They would slide away, then come snapping back in her face. This repeated a number of times, her blowing, and getting annoyed when they came springing back. Eventually the monotony wore on her, and she got to her feet. Now that drama seemed to have disappeared out of existence, boredom quickly replaced it.
Edgar still had not made up with her, but at least he was lurking about now. He didn’t leave her completely abandoned, but he was far from his usual perch on her poll. Elsa could feel his icy eyes boring into her back like a laser, as he watched every little movement. It was as if he was trying to find something else wrong with her and use it to justify his anger.

So she ignored him as best she could. Talking to anyone right now would make her feel a little better, regardless of how intensely she was being scrutinized. However, there was no one to go to. It was as if all she knew in Helovia had transformed into something else. Her status was nothing more than a mere Thresholder at the moment, and she was flailing around in the dark to find any sign of help.

Few horses came to mind. There was the kings, but they could hardly be bothered with her presence. They probably didn’t even know she had returned yet; or if they even cared. There was that lovely palomino she had met with Torleik. She seemed to be a lost soul, or at least that’s what she gathered. The pale had a childlike demeanor, but something lingered behind those eyes. Elsa was desperate to know what path she had walked, and why she to bore an ugly scar. If an alternate universe existed, the pale could easily be Elsa’s alter ego. So Elsa stood at the Edge, looking for the one who was the closest thing she had to a friend.

"Talketh."

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

'Come ooooon, Jay. I'm tired of you being cooped up here! It's boring, you don't do anything and barely talk to anyone. No one except me at least...' It wasn't exactly the greatest pep talk to convince the palomino mare that she needed to get out more, to begin socializing with the members of her herd and explore more of Helovia. In fact, it only made the poor girl more embarressed about just how useless she had been for the herd. Sure, she brought home another mare that had needed her help in the Threshold, but she hadn't even seen her in a little while. The figment of her imagination, Lily, gave a half-hearted sigh and a roll of her eyes as Jahzara lowered her head. 'Nah-ah. Don't do that. Why don't we head to the Threshold or something, maybe that can get you out of this weird funk.' Lily pressed her nose against Jahzara's left foreleg, trying to urge the golden to listen to her words. Reluctantly, the vixen began to follow the the advice of her hallucination and turned towards the direction of the World's Edge outskirts with Lily bouncing in tow.

'Hi-ho! Hi-ho, it's off to socialize we go!' As Lily broke out into song, Jahzara couldn't help but finally burst into laugher at her friend's playful antics. 'There it is, about time!' The purple hallucination beamed at the giggle, bounding forward with pride that she had successfully cheered up her creator. As they broke through the treeline, a familiar figure stood shortly ahead of them. Slightly surprised at seeing the pegasus that had comforted her during the extreme changes of the World's Edge, Jahzara flicked her ears forward and offered a friendly smile as she called out to her. "Elsa?" She asked quietly, as though the mare may have been another one of her hallucinations that would vanish if she spoke too loudly.

Stepping a little bit closer to close in some of the distance between them, Jahzara turned her crown to better see the snowy pegasus. "I haven't seen you since Frostfall, where have you been? How are you? Why are you waiting out here?" Sensing that the golden mare may get carried away with her questions without meaning to, Lily gave her another gentle bump on the leg to remind her not to pester the other mare too much. Glancing down at the purple pony for a moment, Jahzara gave a brief nod of gratitude before looking back up to meet the gaze of Elsa. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude...I just, haven't talked to many others here..."

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

ELSA

For once the Gods had actually done her a favor. A smile crossed her face as she heard the voice. Was it pathetic? Probably, but it was still nice to see that some had remembered her name and presence. Elsa took a few steps forward to close the distance as Jahzara moved forward. Her waterfall of questions was refreshing, and Elsa could only smile. Jahzara’s questions were suddenly cut though, as she seemed to look to her side before apologizing. Was she seeing something? Maybe. It was normal though, we all have mechanisms of protection. Elsa herself became victim to her emotions in times of stress or worry. If Jahzara did have some sort of projection, it was at least a benign one. Elsa had seen others fall victims to the dark pieces of their imagination, but if Jahzara’s inner thoughts were anything like her actions, she was perfect all around.

Elsa bobbed her head in a bit of shame, her face heating to a pink rosy color. It had not occurred to the icy mare that someone would notice her absence. It seemed Jahzara had, but coupled with the embarrassment there was a sense of peace. At least there was a soul out there who was looking out for her. “Frostfall was hard. I don’t know if you remember the invasion too much, but before I moved to the Edge I had twin girls I was looking after…” Her voice trailed off, trained to be sad and melancholy. Instead of sadness though, she felt nothing. A void awakened in the absence of her sadness, and masked any exterior pain she may have been showing. “During all the chaos, they both were run off. I couldn’t get away. There were so many of them. They were so young.” She inhaled sharply, before continuing on. “I tried to go looking for them in Frostfall, thinking that maybe if they weren’t in Helovia, that they would be in some surrounding terrain. So I went to look, I tried searching all over. But I couldn’t find them. The journey was rough, but I realized that there is nothing more I can do.” She shrugged nonchalantly, and it was a little eerie against the tone of her voice. Pain was trickling in her voice, but her manners suggested that she did not care. “So I came back. Now that I’ve learned that I have to move on, and that I’ve done all I could’ve, I feel alright.” Granted, Elsa’s definition of “alright” was someone else’s agony. “I’ve simply been out here because I feel that I have abandoned everyone here. Walking back in seems like a desecration. I was barely here, given a position to protect, and simply left with nothing more than a whisper.”

Elsa paused then for a long moment. That was quite a depressing story on most fronts. What else could she have said though? If she claimed she was off gallivanting with a lover, or simply left to “find herself’, it was a lie her body would not let her create. Even trying to spin a story like that would take way to much effort and eventually, someone would see through the holes. “I’m not sure how you feel about what I just said, but please do not worry. I am actually stable right now in most aspects of my life. What I am more interested in is how you are doing. It actually humbles me quite a lot to see that someone noticed my absence. So has much changed since I left?” Elsa shifted her weight to a more relaxed position. She cocked her hind left hoof and set it gently on the ground. She was a listener that was very much interested in what her companion had to say. Elsa was much better at listening and advice-giving than she was at telling stories.

"Talketh."

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
unarchived per request

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara

The golden girl's expression dropped as the icy mare told her the story of her twin daughters, explaining how she had gone to look for them only to return home empty handed. Jahzara, though few would even be able to guess it, knew what it was like to not have a clue where your children were or how they were doing. Her son, Kiros Amadi, was fully grown when she was granted freedom from his sire's herd. Despite as much as she wanted to stay with her son, begging him to go with her, he had accepted his responsibilities as the heir to the herd. Jahzara could only assume that he was safely leading the Triminister Cliff, ruling over the lands and making her proud. But her heart ached for her son, the desire to be a mother again coming in waves that usually left as quickly as they came. It was the subtle reminders, such as Elsa's story, that were often the worst reminders.

"I'm so sorry, Elsa. I know it doesn't help, but I know how you feel. You should not feel like you've abandoned the herd, when you were only being a good mother. If you've done everything you can, that's what matters." As the snowy pegasus reassured her that she was alright, Jahzara gave a slightly unsure nod. While the appaloosa was unsure just how truthful the words of her friend were, she didn't want to press. However when Elsa asked of how things were going around the World's Edge, Jahzara's gaze dropped to the ground again. Truth be told, she didn't even know what was going on around the herd lately. Lily had been her only companion recently, while Jahzara often stayed hidden away from the rest of the world. "I...really don't know..."

While her dished head drooped down with her shame, her ears flicked back with embarrassment. "I've not really talked with anyone lately, not since you found me that day...It's hard to explain why, but things haven't been very easy for me either. I don't...I don't do change. Not very well, at least."> A soft nudge to her leg reminded her that Lily was still standing by her, trying to comfort her in the only way she knew how. 'It's okay Jay...' The tiny pony tried to restore confidence in her creator. With a wary eye, the purple pony hallucination eyed the snowy girl before them. 'You should tell her. About me and the others.' Jahzara pondered over the suggestion for a moment, eventually nodding in agreement.

Lifting her head slowly to a more natural stance, Jahzara sighed. "I...see things." 'Hey now, I ain't a "thing."' The comment brought a soft smile to the golden's lips. "Since I was a child, I've seen Lily. She's small, purple and right next to me. She's been my best friend for years. She came to me after I got attacked. I know you can't see her, but she's as real to me as you are." Turning her head to look at Lily, the purple pony beamed up with pride at her introduction. "But...they aren't all like Lily. And one of them has been...lingering? He's the one that made me forget...He's the reason you found me broken down...But he's not really left yet. I don't know if it's stress or depression or what...But he's still there, he's been calling for me. And I've been trying not to let him win..." Her voice began to crack as she unleashed her secret to the ivory mare, the rim of her eyes watering as she was able to finally admit what was wrong with her lately.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Elsa, woo she just revealed a lot about herself...

ELSA

For some reason, Jahzara’s pity seemed to make the most difference thus far. Maybe it was her childish innocence, but every word she spoke felt pure to Elsa. A trait that most often lost by her age. Granted, Jahzara was a little different, but she was still a sentient being nonetheless. So she nodded her head in a thanks, and offered her a little curl of her lips (something reminiscent of a smile).

So when she began to speak of herself, Elsa was genuinely interested in her story. Apparently she hadn’t talked to anyone since Elsa departed from Helovia. A pit grew in her stomach, as she felt the sudden urge to apologize for her absence. There was still a lingering responsibility for her to ensure the safety of those within the Edge. Even if there was no grand battle- the little things were the worst to miss. The subtle bonds that grew from them were hardly replaceable. If she had missed a battle, well it was much easier to fit in with the distraught.

Jahzara’s problem though, hurt her the worst. She suffered from something that Elsa suffers from when in combat. She sees things that aren’t there. Elsa glances to the side where she was told Lily was standing, and offered this mystical small purple pony a smile. ”Thank you for protecting her, Lily.” And with a quiet nod she continued to listen to the story. A more malevolent force was sticking around this seemingly pure aura. Elsa reached her muzzle out in an act of comfort. ”Jahzara, you can get rid of him. I know you can. Next time he tries to get to you, you cannot just ignore him. You must firmly tell him no, and to get out of your life. And if you need my help, I’ll be there. But it seems in Lily’s hooves you are pretty well taken care for.” Elsa exhaled as another stress filled the empty space. She’d need to keep a close eye on her pallid friend in order to ensure her safety. If he was anything like Elsa’s little voice, the edge of the Edge would suddenly seem so inviting. Lord knows that if someone Elsa took that plunge, Elsa would probably get the courage to do it herself, and that was an unwanted outcome.

Elsa hummed for a moment, still lost in thought as she tried to put another coherent thought together. There was no sure fire way to get rid of haunting demons. Hell, the demons lurking within Elsa had moved in for the long term. So how was she supposed to comfort the mare? ”Do you know when he started to stick around? Maybe addressing why he’s here can help send him away.” Her voice was cautious, she was stepping into unknown territory. If Jahzara ran off now, Elsa would feel like an utter failure. But there was a linger of hope. If they could determine the reasons for his “hauntings” there could be a way to fill back in the hole he had taken residence within. 

"Talketh."

@Jahzara sorry for the wait darling!

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara

As the golden girl fought back the salty water that rimmed her eyes, bracing herself for the snowy mare to scoff at her words harshly, no such criticism came. In fact, Jahzara was incredibly surprised that Elsa looked directly at the purple pony that stood at her side. While golden harks perked forward with curiosity, Lily narrowed her gaze skeptically and took a step closer to Jahzara's side. Then the pegasus smiled, and both physically relaxed. Glancing over to see Lily's expression, Jahzara couldn't help but giggle lightly. If only Elsa could see the look on her best friend's face, slack jawed and wide-eyed at the direct recognition just before a beaming grin spread across her muzzle. 'Ah shucks, I knew I liked you!' Lily puffed her barrel chest out proudly atop her stretched little legs, as though a great honor had just been bestowed upon her. 'Thank you. I do my best, miss Elsa!'

Still smiling softly, Jahzara rubbed the tears away from her eyes on her inner legs while explaining Lily's reaction. "Lily says thank you, and that she does her best. She also says she knew she liked you." With a small chuckle leading into a sigh, Jahzara mirrored Elsa's outstretched muzzle to gently bump noses to show that she was alright. Both the golden princess and her hallucination listened with great interest as the snowy mare told her that she could banish the one known as Charles. Naturally, this did not settle well with the dark entity that sent a dark rasp of a chuckle through the back of Jahzara's mind. A shudder went down the palomino's spine, right down to the spots on her rump. "He's been there so long..." She whispered, her orbs beginning to glaze over until Lily nudged her back into the moment. 'Don't go there Jay. And like Elsa says, I got your back. Maybe she can help too!'

Jahzara nodded, both at Lily's words and Elsa's comment about how Lily took care of her, but she froze when Elsa asked about when Charles first started to appear. It was a thought that she never really tried to focus on, the first dark moment of her past that had ever happened to her, the very event that had destroyed her set destiny. And yet, after all this time...Jahzara never really questioned why Charles had started showing up. She had never questioned or wondered over exactly when he had first come to her, nor his reasoning for them. In her innocent eyes, she only ever knew what was. "I was a child...The first time that the had ever come to me was after I was attacked." Tilting her head to the side she let her forelock fall away from her eyes, revealing the jagged scars that had permanently damaged her left eye and ear. "It was when I got these. Cougars. I was too small to fight them off, and I blacked out. While I was knocked out, Charles came to me...He told me that I wasn't allowed to wake up, that he was protecting me. He told me that I couldn't handle what was happening to me, and he refused to let me go. I didn't know just how long I was out, how long he kept me, but when I finally woke up I was home. My guards had saved my life and Charles let me go...I started seeing Lily a bit after that too."

Lily offered a kind smile to her best friend, nodding as she reminisced over their first meeting. Jahzara was barely larger than herself at that point, still young enough that few questioned her imagination. 'I remember that. You followed the butterflies until you found me, and we played all day. Been best friends ever since!'

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Elsa, woo she just revealed a lot about herself...

@Elsa - I figured she'll go more in depth about her attack in the post meeting thread with Temb!