Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

Ophelia returned to the Dragon's Throat, feeling a knot worming in her gut with every step. Tinek flew ahead, a silver spark in the sky. Her cloven hooves missed the snow, and as she felt sand between her toes, she realized that this place could never be home, even through it was full of wonderful individuals whom she thought of so fondly. Even Kri. She very much respected the lead mare, but the fact that her identity was stolen was something that she could not ignore. How did no one know until now that two, small prisoners could pretend to be someone else and even take their memories? That was dangerous. What if the two had impersonated Kri herself?

She walked up to the tree, sighing softly. Her expression was troubled, and Tinek landed on a rock nearby, red eyes keeping a lookout for anyone coming to speak to his bonded. The silver spotted Kri and let out an excited trill, dancing around between Ophelia's legs. One day, he would be too big for such antics, but for now, he should enjoy being a child. Ophelia's ears tilted back nervously, sorrow in her expression. "Kri?" she asked quietly to call the mare's attention to her words. Ophelia moved closer, her neck lowered in deference to the mare's superior position.

"I need to leave," she replied. "I searched my sister's memories and saw what happened between you and my father, but I was not there. The two, white twins you are keeping prisoner stole my identity." The mare's expression was cracking, and her two colored eyes seemed to melt as they glassed over. Still, she set her jaw stubbornly, determined to continue. "They took my mind, Kri," she said, her words weighing heavily. "The one place that I find sanctuary in, and they... took it from me. Without thought. Without regret, and what is worse, they impersonated me and caused a brief rift with myself and my sister. I could only imagine the disaster it could have caused if they had taken your identity instead."

Ophelia cast her gaze down to her cloven toes. "I appreciate your faith in me as a sleuth, and I hope that I have served and warned you well. Olema and Surema will most likely be excellent replacements for me, but I cannot be responsible for that power. I am not a parent. I cannot raise them to be moral and follow the same code that I would; I would never reach into someone's mind unless absolutely necessary or if I have permission, but they do not have the same morals. They are children who need guidance, but I am not a mother." The young mare sighed, and Tinek trilled at Kri, making grabbing motions with his claws toward her strange, pretty wings.

"I hope that even if you do not agree with my decision to leave, that you will respect it and myself. If I hear any more news about a threat toward you or your own, I will pass the information along. I still have loyalty to you and all my friends here, but I do not belong." This was the most Ophelia had spoken in a very long time, and she had finally been honest with her feelings. She offered a small smile. "I believe that Xira would make an excellent immediate replacement for me, as she is both tenacious and exploratory. Until then, I will be far north of here, in the snow."

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"I keep no prisoners here," my voice says strongly in response to Ophelia's mention of who I assumed meant Olema and Surema. Had I not struck a bargain with the pain and told them they could leave freely at any point? In truth, they had remained around the Throat quite often, but this did not make them prisoners. After all, they freely left the borders at any point they wished. Still, my eyes look with concern at Ophelia's saddened face. She was serious, thought the twins to be a threat to her livelihood. I did not agree.

More than fear for these twins, however, I held intrigue. I mainly captured them because I found interest in their strength and perseverance. More than any foals should have, the sisters appeared to have a resilience to tragedy and pain that rivaled my own. This new found gift, which was causing Ophelia to leave, was news to me. That did not stop the momentary feeling of something creeping beneath my skin as I thought of them stealing your being, but more than anything, I saw this as a good thing. These twins were not my enemies, but my reluctant allies. I would not be subject to their torment, though it seems Ophelia had.

However, I cannot help but feel as though a knife was being shoved in my back at her words. Even if I knew her cause for leaving, she was still tearing the seams of the family I had extended to her and her own. Had I not done my best to keep her safe? Had I not saved her from a murderous Jaydan when she called for my aid? What, then, need I do to prove that I am capable of protecting those who feel threatened? I snort, exasperated at her long winded speech as it comes to a close.

"If you think yourself safer in the world where Olema and Surema are free to walk, then I urge you to leave," my voice is honest and serious, but laced with irritation and disapproval. Ungrateful, both she and her turncoat of a sister who defaulted to her father's side the second we felt contention. What must I do to prove my strength? My loyalty? Was I nothing more than a laughable joke to those I pledged my life to? Was I but hot air filling my lungs and leaving in empty words and promises? It certainly felt this way. "I cannot protect you from them if you give me no opportunity. Your lack of faith in my own abilities cuts deeper than any mortal injury."

"It is best you leave, as I am not a fit guardian in your eyes."
""

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

Ophelia had guessed that Kri would not understand, but the look of disapproval and irritation on the chocolate mare's face cut her to the core. She had considered Kri to be a friend, and that expression took her emotional ties toward the mare and cast them deep into the ocean. The two colored eyes in her pale face held confusion and injury, and she looked at the leader in disbelief, hoping that she did not mean the words she spoke. If she did, then that would mean that the faith and friendship she had placed in this one had been false, and she hoped that she had not misinterpreted another soul.

Olema and Surema were already walking free, what difference would it make if she left? "I believe I am safer where I am not a temptation to the twins," she replied, pain filling her voice. "I never said you were an unfit guardian, but I cannot take responsibility for them. You protected me from Jaydan and took me in despite my family history, and I am very grateful for that, Kri," she explained. Ophelia cast her gaze to her cloven hooves. "I had faith in your abilities, Kri, until I had my very mind, history, past, emotions and life stripped from my head and used to their advantage."

"I believe that you can protect me now, and I will be able to give you that chance in the future. But not now. The fear I feel is still too raw. My mind is... is my individuality, my identity, and my peace. I..." she trailed, trying to swallow emotions that were rising to her eyes. They turned glassy. "I wish I were strong enough to be all right with this. I wish that I was as strong as my sister and able to brush off what happened, but I am not and cannot. Not now." She cast her ears downward and took a few steps back. "I mean none of this as an insult to you, Kri, but I feel that you deserve my honesty. Be assured that I will return the favor you have paid me with Jaydan. I count you as a dear friend, and if any information rises that would endanger you or yours, I will warn you."

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!