the Rift

[PRIVATE] Everlasted

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

It seemed to be natures way of loving you when it turned around and screwed you over and left you for dead. So many horrible memories kept flooding his brain reminding him daily of the many dangers that could lay around every corner. What would he do should he ever come across that despicable son of a bitch otherwise known as his father? Would he kill him? Forgive him? He had never actually killed another but in a way it should be an easy choice to make given how much he had hurt his entire family. He thirsted the blood upon his lips and the feeling of his bones crushing beneath this skin as he ran far away. What kind of monster had this entire situation turned him into? He was actually considering killing another like himself! Shaking his head to clear away his conscious he sighed softly not knowing what he would do should the situation arise.

Kiara sensing his frustration tried to comfort him the best she knew how and for a change he actually attempted to let her. Sinking down into the cool grass he flopped over to his side like he had done millions of times when he was a kid. Letting his silver eyes close against the sun he tried to focus on some of the better memories he could conjure up finding only three short ones that made the cut. It was either the birth of his two kids or the day Kiara had hatched. It was pretty bad when out of three almost four years here there were only three measly moments in time when he had felt happy. Something had to give for this life was turning into a living hell that was stuck on replay.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: My apologies for it being short. Will get better I promise. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

A new day, a new adventure. At least, that's what I have been trying to tell myself. I am still new to this land of Helovia. I want to learn ever corner of it just as I had known my old home. Okay as I had known the castle not the entire land. Being a royal I had been confined for my short life. Now I was having to learn it all. I didn't even know how to defend myself, let alone little Daenerys who trails along with me everywhere I go. She truly has been my savior. As if it wasn't for her, I don't think I would of had the courage to keep looking for Helovia to begin with. I would of gone back, looking for my twin, for my parents. Either one very well could be a death sentence.

So lost in my daydreaming and thoughts of my old life, I don't see the white tiger or the silver stud in the golden grasses. Dae however does, and she lets out an alarmed bleat of warning just as my front legs hit something. None to gracefully, I fall head over heels over the top of him and very possibly his companion too. I can't be sure exactly what happens. Quickly I try and right myself, shaking my slender frame slightly to try and check that I had not harmed myself. My head is swimming, and I feel dizzy. The feeling passes for a moment and I spun on my heels to see if he was alright. Surely if I had fallen over him I had hurt him in some way. Hopefully I have not. I'm so sorry! I'm such a clutz! Are you alright?! And then the dizziness returns. It comes like a wave, crashing down and taking me right with it. I sway for a moment, before falling none to gracefully to the ground below. I can hear Daenerys bleat in fear, but I can't respond. I just hope that I haven't made to much of a fool of myself, and things surely can not get any worse.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Ciceron
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Closing his eyes to the sun the warrior just lay there trying to think of nothing to little avail of course. It was impossible to think of nothing when nothing was exactly nothing. Dirt was something and so was the rest of the common thoughts so really he was trying to think of something other than what had been plaguing him for the last number of weeks. Letting the sun soak into his hide he really couldn't remember the last time that he had let himself relax or let his guard down. Kiara trying to be sociable had come and stretched out on a rock nearby still staring at him with a rather concerned expression. It was hard for her to try and keep up with all these new discoveries so he couldn't blame her for her concern, he would be the same should the tables be reversed.

At one point or another the combination of the heat and his exhaustion must have allowed him to succumb to sleep for the next thing he knew he was walking up to something half on top of him. Scrambling to get his feet under him the stallion finally rises only for his silver eyes to fall upon a spotted mare apologizing for her klutziness. Tension soon fades to plain old surprise as he lowers his head a few notches to see a little less hostile to the girl. Vaguely he wonders how exactly she could miss his large ass laying in the middle of a flattish field but decides its not worth drawing more attention to it than is needed. Kiara must have been semi startled by the commotion for she was now sitting with her head up and a confused/surprised expression written across her face. Good to know that he wasn't the only one of doze off he thought with a faint smile.

Flicking his ears forward he finds the mare had done no harm to his thick hide other than maybe a mild scrape on his hind leg in her attempts to right herself. Shaking himself off to clear whatever dirt and grass that clung to his silken coat he opens his mouth to respond when the girl hits the dirt. What in the... Jumping forward to make sure she was alright he lowers his muzzle to touch the side of her neck quizzically. "Miss? Are you ok? What can I do?" He asked wanting to try and do something other than stand here feeling worthless. In the excitement he had not noticed too much about the spotted lass including her companion, it was Kiara that first clued into that one. "No harm done really. No need to apologize." He stated trying to reassure her that he wasn't going to bite her head off over something stupid.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

My head is swimming, and Dae is freaking out. The little cerndyr paces back and forth her frantic bleats letting everyone nearby know that something was not right. Apparently when I tripped, I had hit my head a bit harder than I first realized. I could hear the stallion speaking, and his muzzle touches the side of my neck. My aqua eyes, which had closed as I hit the dirt fluttered open once more. I shake my head slightly, trying to clear my vision. As the stallion comes into clear sight for really the first time since I had fallen. He was silver and dappled and very handsome. "No harm done really. No need to apologize." I nod slowly, my head still aching. Before I could stop myself I tell him just that. You're handsome. Dae was looking at me concerned. I'm fine little one. Hit my head a bit to hard. She looks to the stallion and then to me as if to say, well tell him that.

As the fog in my mind lifted, I realized what I had said. Oh well, to late now. Maybe he will ignore it. So instead I quickly change the subject. I'm alright. Must of hit my head when I tripped.I am so sorry. I must of gotten lost in my own thoughts and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Are you alright? There, now I am acting more myself. Dae moved in close, ready to dash off if I start swaying again.

Now that I am up and seem to be alright, I shake the dust from my cream colored coat. The same can not be easily said about my braided mane and tail, let alone the part of my tail that flowed free. I still can not believe I had been so stupid as not to watch where I was going...

Image Credit

@Ciceron

Having been so swept up in making sure the mare was alright it had taken him forever to notice the cerndyr that was hopping around its companion. To be honest how he missed it was a complete mystery considering it was making enough noise to rouse the dead, attributing it to his concern he chose not to think much about it. Keeping his muzzle down towards the girl he tried to get her to come around until finally she seems to slowly come around. Was this girl alright? Surely there was more he was missing other than a hit to the head... wasn't there? Still rather disbelieving his ears twist to catch the mare's soft voice when she finally chooses to speak. Handsome? Say what now? Raising a eye feeling a little weirded out by the unexpected compliment he tries to just ignore it figuring it must be associated to whatever brain trauma sustained.

Moments pass by until Kiara finally wanders a little closer to sniff curiously at the small deer creature still wondering what in the world it was. Knowing that she would not harm it the grey let his attention continue to focus on the girl beside him as she speaks once more. "Stop apologizing. I am completely fine there is no need to worry about me. I am more concerned about you." He repeated again not really sure that she had heard him the first time. Backing up a step or two when she finally moves to stand he watches her warily hoping that she can at least manage to stand without falling over for both her sake and for his own. One would never understand how hard it was to try and catch someone that was falling when you had a sword permanently attached to your forehead. One wrong move and they could go from friend to shishkabob in the blink of an eye. He much preferred his friends/acquaintances alive and well instead of rare and filleted

"Are you sure you are alright? You took quite the fall..." He commented trailing off as his original intent was to insert the girls name only to realize he didn't know it. Would it sound stupid to randomly ask her name? Hmmm.. maybe but it was better than calling her mare. "My name is Ciceron and that over there is Kiara." He introduced hoping that perhaps she might catch on and introduce themselves if he started the question first.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: Sorry for wait, being sick sucks ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

"Stop apologizing. I am completely fine there is no need to worry about me. I am more concerned about you." My antlered head tilts to the side slightly. Why would he be concerned about me, a perfect stranger? I am fine. I think I just hit my head when I fell. He had moved back as I rose to my hooves, to give me space or to try and keep distance between us in case I am clumsy again. "Are you sure you are alright? You took quite the fall..." His voice trails off, and as it does I realize I have not told him my name. "My name is Ciceron and that over there is Kiara." I look over, as the one he called Kiara moved closer and closer to Dae.

My eyes widen with concern at first, but Dae is already moving toward the tiger. She's curious too as to what this other creature is. So instead I turn back to Ciceron, as I have yet to introduce myself. My name is Calypso, and that is Daenerys. My head swims again, but I keep on my hooves. This leads me to ask him something that I should of been wondering all along. So, how come you are out here in the middle of no where laying down? After all, if he hadn't been laying down I would of never tripped over him. About that time, Dae wanders her way away from the tiger and comes to stand at my side. It's only then I realize just how grown up she was becoming. I had no idea what to expect as we both grow together, but I was glad to have her.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Ciceron

Why was it that people always told others that they where fine when they clearly where anything but? Sure he did it but he was a stallion, stallions were supposed to be tough, hardy and stubborn. Perhaps it wasn't the case with everyone but this was how he felt he should be like and there was no changing that mind set, hell Kiara constantly called him on it but so far it hadn't done too much. Listening patiently as the fae spoke the grey had a hard time trying to keep himself in check. Becoming a father seemed to have made him a constant worrier especially when it came to safety. The slight sway from side to side didn't go unnoticed by his calculating mind only making him want to sit her back down or something so she didn't fall over again.

Kiara watched the little fawn like creature approach with the same curiosity plastered across her own face. What in the world was this thing? It looked like a deer but then it didn't.. Tilting her head to the side she reached her head forward to sniff at the beast to see if that might tell her more, well other than it was prey. She would not eat this little thing, there was too much bone and not enough meat plus she had promised her grey that she would not touch any companions. Hey but at least she got to beat up that last mutt that spit fire that had been quite fun! Flexing her claws deep into the soft soil she stretched casually turning her blue eyes back to the two equine to see if they might be more interesting only to be sadly disappointed.

"It's nice to meet you both." The grey replied with a honorable dip of his crown and a soft smile. The next question was one that he really was not sure how to answer for he did not know it himself. Thinking about it for a couple seconds he managed to come up with some kind of explanation or at least he hoped it was. "Lets just say that it has been a very long couple of weeks." He commented with a chuckle. "Being out here helps me to think and the silence is a welcome relief. You should try it sometime."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

"It's nice to meet you both." I nodded my head slightly, very careful not to do it to much. I didn't want to set myself up for more dizziness or anything. Pleasure to meet you both as well. There, my manners from being royal had kicked in. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. I did need friends after all. I barely know anyone in the Edge, and at that I am not sure I belong there. But after being welcomed so openly, I wasn't about to leave them either. The conversation turned to why he was out here, and my head tilted to the side in curiosity. "Lets just say that it has been a very long couple of weeks." He laughed, which I hope was good... Or at the very least he wasn't wanting to explain farther than that to me. Can't blame him. "Being out here helps me to think and the silence is a welcome relief. You should try it sometime."

I shake my head slowly. I'm not one for being out on my own much... I'm to, accident prone... I paused for a moment before going on. Not to mention, silence kind of scares my sometimes. I was so used to the noise and sounds of home in the castle. I often found myself grateful of Dae's presence in my life as I was never truly alone anymore. As for the quiet, well she helped with that too. So where do you call home Ciceron? There we go, keep the conversation going so it doesn't linger on my fears... Cause of course, I don't want to reveal to a stranger that I am afraid of never finding a family again. I mean, I know my parents are gone. My twin, well I don't know where he is. So in reality, I'm more afraid that I will never get to find love like my parents had. The same type of love that created my twin and I to being with.

Image Credit

@Ciceron

While laying out in the middle of a field was not the most logical thing to do for a creature considered prey to most carnivores, the grey was confident that nothing would want to pick a fight with Kiara to get to him. He trusted her with his life and he could sense that she too shared a similar opinion on their bond so what was there to worry about. It was a kind of relationship that no one could really explain but it existed and was one of the strongest things he had ever felt in his life. Merou had been a friend but he did not share the same collection of thoughts and feelings as Kiara did. That wasn't to say that he wasn't grateful for their brief friendship but it had been on a different level. The bear cub had been here but in another sense had never really been there.

At the mention of Calypso calling herself accident prone he couldn't help but choke back a amused smile from crossing his face. Yes, tripping over a large grey stallion in the middle of a green field that was relatively flat would be considered accident prone or perhaps bordering on blind as a bat. Not that he would ever consider speaking either of those terms aloud for shame of rubbing salt in the wound. Instead he chose to listen contentedly before it was once again his turn to respond. "I wouldn't call you accident prone, it could have happened to anyone." He tried to reassure with a confident smile. It was merely a lack of attention paid to where she was going. Hey, everyone was entitled to their own moments of stupidity. Many had befallen him and despite the evidence piling up against him he was still at least semi-normal. "Silence is a thing that I have not heard in a long while. If only my brain could shut itself down then maybe such a luxury could be possible."

Almost missing the final question he paused for a moment or two before answering the rather good looking mare, not that he should be thinking about that. Dammit brain just shut up for once! Arguing with himself was pointless but sometimes he just couldn't resist for the stupidity dripping out his ears was enraging. Refocusing yet again on what he had been going to say he finally spoke. "I am from the Hidden Falls. I would ask where you hail from but the salty scent clinging to your coat would place you in the Edge if I am not mistaken." Looking to her for conformation he fell silent wondering if he could still remember the particular scents.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso
•• NOTES:

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

"I wouldn't call you accident prone, it could have happened to anyone." I couldn't help but smile a little at his words. However untrue they might be. Oh believe me, I can be very prone to accidents. I'm surprised I haven't broken any part of my antlers as much as I have run into or fallen over things growing up. Yeah, i'm making a joke out of myself. Smooth. Probably not the best way to get to know him, but hey he gets to know me a little more. I just hope he won't be trying to protect me ever time I see him. I need to be able to handle myself thank you very much. "Silence is a thing that I have not heard in a long while. If only my brain could shut itself down then maybe such a luxury could be possible." I took a step closer without thinking, and quickly stopped myself. I had been intending to touch my nose to his shoulder or something. But I did not know him well enough for that. It was just something in the way he spoke that seemed almost, sad? Not the tone or anything, but the words.

Running can help with the silence... At least it does for me as I have to focus on not falling over or running into anything.. I could just focus on that and my brain shut off from everything else. When the talking turned to where he came from, he spoke of a place called Hidden Falls. I was curious, but he had gone on to guess where I came from. I nodded. I am indeed from the Edge, only just arrived a short while ago. Around the time some of the fights with the Rift Gods took place... Though I did not come through the rift. I quickly wanted to clarify that. Not that the rift was a bad thing, just, it wasn't where I came from. How did you know?

I wanted to go on and ask about the Falls and what they looked like. After all it sounded beautiful. It also sounded very well, hidden and safe. Not that I wanted to leave the Edge. But if I had to run from something, or worse yet the attackers from my old home found me here.... Well it would be nice to have another place to run and hide if they found me in the Edge.

Image Credit

@Ciceron

Listening to the mare go on about how accident prone she believed herself to be the grey could only chuckle along in amusement. Surely no one could be accident prone that was just an excuse for little mishaps along the road, unless of course you were cursed by some kind of dark magic then that could explain the bad luck. "I've taken quite the few spills and I'm still in mostly one piece but i guess that would depend on who you ask." He replied with a smarty pants smirk as his eyes fell over to Kiara who could only shake her head. If she was the one to answer that question it would likely be the opposite answer considering how many injuries he ended up causing to himself. The latest would have been the open laceration from the crocodile, it extended from the point of his upper neck down and over the cranial aspect of his shoulder. It had torn thorough quite a bit of tissue and blood vessels leaving it a bloody mess that would in his opinion heal over time. He had ignored his bonded's requests to seek some kind of help until he had almost passed out from the amount of blood lost, then she kinda made him go to a healer.

"Running does help sometimes" he agreed with a nod of his head as he remembered his normal routine that had made up the last number of weeks. The mountains had been his training ground but it wasn't until exhaustion made him unable to stand did he finally take a break. Exhaustion was enough to silence the memories that seemed to keep resurfacing on a frequent basis only to show him yet another thing he was only now remembering. "Running up in the mountains wouldn't likely be the best choice for you then." He joked gently using the same humor she had. For a surprise encounter he did have to say he was enjoying the little conversation they had managed to strike up.

As Calypso talked a bit more about where she resided he was happy to hear that he had not managed to lose his sensory memory when he had so foolishly accidently (not really) electrocuted himself. Tangere had been the one to find him and he could only imagine what kind of state he had been in after all that went down. " I too was at the battles but I do not recall seeing you there. There was many things to focus on then making much of it seem like a blur. I used to call the Edge home not all that long ago but things changed and as you know I now live in the Falls. Has the goddess caused any trouble lately?" He asked just out of curiosity his mind slipping back to the murders the Moon Goddess had caused.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso
•• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

"I've taken quite the few spills and I'm still in mostly one piece but i guess that would depend on who you ask." I smiled as he made a joke. This was nice, getting to know someone.... Then again, this was only small talk. I guess at some point, I need to press a bit father. But at the same time, i'm scared to open up. "Running does help sometimes." I nodded again. Sometimes. I guess. Why am I suddenly being so shy with him? After all, I did fall over the poor guy. "Running up in the mountains wouldn't likely be the best choice for you then." I laughed and smiled. No, mountains would probably not be my friend. Not when it comes to running at least. But I haven't seen to many mountains around here... Have you? This made me curious as to what the Falls was like. I mean, Were there mountains there?! If so I would want to see.

The conversation moved on, and I found I was starting to relax more and more in this knight's presence. There was just something about him that was so, well relaxing. " I too was at the battles but I do not recall seeing you there. There was many things to focus on then making much of it seem like a blur. I used to call the Edge home not all that long ago but things changed and as you know I now live in the Falls. Has the goddess caused any trouble lately?" I frowned slightly remembering the only battle I had gone to. Yes well, I never claimed to be brave... I would of been the one in the back ground freaking out at the fighting... The last fighting I saw, did not end well for my family... I found my voice trailing off quickly, as I had not been intending on speaking of my past. But there it was. I turned my head quickly to hide any tears that may of tried to well up in the corners of my eyes. Soon as I could I turned back and plastered a smile on my face as if everything was alright. So this place, the Falls. What is it like? As for the Goddess of the Moon. No, there has been no trouble from her as far as I know, why would there be trouble? I looked at him curiously. Has there been trouble? What had the Edge's patron God done that would be trouble?

Image Credit

@Ciceron - sooooo sorry. My muse kinda poofed for a while there. It's halfway back now

Finally someone that could agree with him that running could help take your mind off things! So far he had not met too many that would agree with such a rigorous routinue just to displace a few memories, but they never had to deal with the buttload like he did. Surely there were few that could relate but very few could accurately say their father was a sick sadistic murderer who took pleasure in the pain he caused. No matter how hard he wished that it was true nothing would change that fact not even a memory binding curse, that had already been tried thanks to his mother.

Pulling himself forth out of that dark memory he refused his mind to think on that subject any longer, but he was sure glad when a new subject came up. Mountains. Indeed there were mountains, well there used to be before the world decided to flip itself over and start over.
"There used to be mountains in the Falls when it was known as the Windtossed Foothill. Now they are not so much considered mountains but they are the remnants of what used to be before Helovia kind of reset itself. They are still quite the sight but nothing like they had once been." He replied trying to explain the best he could. It had been back before the flooding that the evil darkness had taken over and the murders had begun.

"I'm sorry to hear that. When tradgedy strikes there is never a pleasant aftertaste, that much I can relate to." He commented reaching over to gently nudge Calypso's shoulder should she allow it to try and offer her some comfort. He knew that not much could take away that kind of pain but it was always helpful to have others who could understand what you are going through.

Switching back to the topic on the Falls and the Moon Goddess the grey found himself reluctant to speak about the happenings before the reset. With everything that had happened he didn't want to scare the poor girl into believing that their goddess was really some evil kiniving bitch who was about to slaughter the entire herd. He sure hoped that this was not the case but trust was a thing that the goddess would need to earn back from him. No one should be forgiven for such vile acts with no cause no matter if they are considered godly or not.
"The Falls is beautiful all year round with the waterfalls that cascade through the valley's creating a gorgeous scene. I could show you sometime if you wanted." Offering her a gentle smile he imagined what Calypso's reaction might be to the sights that would be in store should she wish to take a peak into his world. Most of the time the beauty was so unbelievable that there were not words to describe it.

"The Moon Goddess was responsible for a number of murders that happened around here a little while ago. I do not know what has changed since things were uncovered but I know that I do not trust her. Most of us from the Falls actually used to live in the Edge before this time but afterwards we where all scared for our safety. Our leaders chose to take over the Falls and it has been our home ever since." He explained slowly deciding that if it were him in her shoes he would rater know than not know and find out down the line when something should happen again.
"Things might have changed for the better but past history cannot just be forgotten especially when it was something like that."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Calypso •• NOTES: No Worries :) ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo