the Rift

[OPEN] i got gold, i got funky

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn

The stone rings against my metallic hooves, sounding out over the playful babble of the stream that I have just finished rolling and splashing about in for nearly an hour, delighting in my solidarity and the freedoms of youth; as I cross through the rails and towards the center of the pavilion, my eyes wander upwards, looking through the colorful glass that casts patterns across my dripping pelt, a water shadow having trailed from the edge of the brook to where I pause at the heart of the Rotunda, the drip drops pooling beneath me.

A tangled mess (it usually is so), my mane is lacquered down to the muscular arch of my neck, nostrils lazily breathing in the less hostilely hot air in the shade of this temperate forest and the strange structure, and though I haven’t noticed it, the mirror I’d found in the Deep Forest has somehow managed to become grossly ensnared with my black locks.  Occasionally, the tatters of cloth rustle and pop in a wind that somehow reaches through the growth of the wood, sending tingling and delightful fingers of coolness across my pelt.

Today has been spent in good spirits; I’ve ventured as far west as the beach and am now returning east and north, making my erratic way across Helovia under the guise of being a good soldier.  Truly, I just like wandering.

Calling it patrol just earns me bonus points with certain people.

Besides, I think as I let my eyes slip shut, my lungs filling with a heady inhalation of Tallsun air – it was boring in the Basin.  Nothing fun seemed to happen there anymore.  It was all meetings and droll conversation about this cloth or that rock, and I really am not the sort to give a single damn about such trivial things.

Perhaps it is just age, I think with a suddenly miserable thought; the delight and glimmer of life had faded with my boyish voice and soft muscles.  It seemed a terrible trade.

I would much rather have both.

@Zandora
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

Aimless. Aimlessly wondering about, all the time. The basin offered her little in comfort, the frigid temperatures and the boring herd meetings and quarrels left her absent from the mountains that she guessed meant home. She hadn't shown her face in ages it seemed, the last thing she had done for the basin was her failed attempt in the threshold. She had missed meetings, missed battling for their god, missed quite a lot, but above all, she missed Ashamin. Whether it was a mental missing of her close friend, or just the physical missing of his painted hide, she did not know. It seemed that her life had become quite literally boring, lacking the very purpose that she sought out Helovia for. 

She shrugged the complex thoughts away, letting the cool breeze of the afternoon dance with the purple ribbons and drapes of her silky hair. She hadn't visited this place before, the arabian slowly picking her way through the ancient terrain and ruins that lay littered across this land. The sight of wet mud caught her attention, the trail of another beckoning her to follow. It seemed she had fallen to the lowest level of life, where she went following trails like a hound, hoping for some treasure when in reality, everything that glittered was never gold. It was merely just false hope, sparkling with it's selfish teasing. 

Her orbs caught the familiar golds and onyxs of Rikyn, the trail ending in a wet puddle at his feet. She shook her head at the sight of the dripping man, a soft chuckle releasing from ebonite lips. It was such a strange sound to hear, her laughter not one that normally echoes about in her thoughts. She was jealous of his youth, playing in the banks and rivers a glory that was never in her reach. Zandora did not get to experience the joys of childhood, she was born with an expectance to be wise, and even in the 6 years she had lived, she still did not feel ready for adulthood. Realizing, that she probably never would.  

"What brings you to these lands?"

"Talk?"
OCC: I'm literally dumb, I thought I replied to this a long time ago, but realized it didn't post so GRRR
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.