the Rift

[PRIVATE] sharing different heartbeats

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
and you, you knew the hand of the devil.
and you, you kept us awake with wolf’s teeth.
Blood. So much blood, bruises, and heartache. Again. I hadn’t yet felt like cleaning off my golden pelt from the events that had unraveled at the Isles. Though the swim back had managed to clean off part of my chest, running blood down along the tops of my legs as I made it to the water’s edge. Though, by now, the blood had dried. A thick dark coating on my fur that stuck it up in random directions. But this blood wasn’t my blood. It was Tembovu’s. And the thought of that name made me want to shrivel up forever. I was saddened by the events that happened, but there was nothing I could do. Both creatures I had confessed a love for were gone. Perhaps forever. And with that, I was gone too.

I didn’t even want to wash off the blood. The coloring matched my bruised face as I passed through the Frostbreathe Steppe. Making my way back home, I began to feel the chill of the Basin air. Snow amid the Tallsun sun that had been burning and scorching at the Isles. It had been a long trip, emotionally and physically. And with that I felt the need to rest. I scoured my surroundings in the hopes of finding a cave, but with no luck. I figured if I continued on then maybe something would come my way. Even if it didn’t and I were to freeze to death here, I wouldn’t mind.

But as I passed over a small hill, I spotted a darkened cave in the distance. I quickly made my way to it, walking within it and shaking off the snow that had gathered along my pelt. It was dark outside. The sun was nearly done setting and wit that, the chill was even more intent. I shivered lightly, my breath slightly visible as I walked in the cave further. It was large, dark, but large. It would be a good place to call it a night. Leaning up against a chilly cave wall, I closed my eyes for a few moments but did not sleep. Instead, my head swam with all the recent events. Many of which were troubling.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Caleb
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
She was dusted with gold, the same way he was dusted cold. By her side was little but snow, yet at his, a beast in tow. The titan slithered near, her body said "come hither," and he was eager to oblige. Pristine and unpropaned, whereas he was dotted with the scars of physical assaults. As he neared the cave, his ears slipped forwards, he was eager to see her, as eager as nature is to entropy.

His heart beat quickly as he neared, his mind clouded with too many thoughts. As his dark body slipped into the cave with hers, he said one thing. This one thing could be interpreted however the mare wished, but Caleb knew exactly what it meant. "It's all about love, Rex." His voice was quiet and low. "Us horses, we are either in love, wishing to be in love, or recovering from it." He paused now, eyes falling into her crowned head. She is beautiful. "I'm not sure if you're in love with Tembovu or not, nor do I have any idea as to why you would be..." Caleb was opening up, perhaps that cold wall was crumbling. "But I hope you're not." Could he say he was in love with her? No, he would not say I love you tonight, if ever. He could not physically bring himself to say those words. "We don't always fall in love with those that are most suited for us," He said, a vague reference to something. "Rexanna, I found a piece of myself when I met you. I didn't even know it was missing in the first place." Henrietta had slipped away, probably due to a mental command heeded by Caleb through their bond.

Caleb is a confused man, constantly lost in a strange shuffle between cold and heated, black and white, anger and placidity. He is only fragments of what could've been, slivers of a masterpiece. Caleb is a granite statue slain by time. "I want to start over with you." The dark brute had opened up, greater then he had with anyone else. He didn't want to run away anymore, he wanted to stay and to fight for her. He wanted to kick Tembovu's ass. Caleb had always thought he was better for for Rex, even if that wasn't exactly true, it feels so right to the brute to think it.

@Rexanna
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

I shivered gently, a small quiver rolling down my spine with the force of what seemed like a tsunami. Both from the cold and from the emotional trauma I felt that I was going through. My golden cream pelt, speckled with snow, dusted with blood, pelted with bruises. I faced inside the cave, blue eyes closed gently, hoping just to freeze in the Steppe without a single soul to miss me. But before any such thing could happen, I heard him. A voice I hadn’t heard in what seemed like an eternity. I had tried to apologize to him, for all the things that I had done. Nothing had worked, so why was he even here?

It’s all about love, Rex.

Shivering again, I stood still. Like a statue. Eyes opened, staring straight at the frozen solid stone. His voice continued, his words almost perfectly sweeping up my shattered soul that lie before him on the ground. He was right, we were just searching for love. Bumbling around like idiots, living, loving, and losing. Growing and writhing in pain all the same. I turned to face him and his bright blue eyes fell into mine gently, hopeful, and loving. He spoke of Tembovu and just at the mention of his name I flinched. He hoped I wasn’t and I only nodded to him, unsure if I felt like ever loving again. The whole thought of it just made my heart bleed.

I blinked slowly to him, taking in every ounce of the words he said. I stepped toward him, close to the point where I reached out for him. Trembling and shivering, wishing to press my cheek into his chest. Wishing to feel his feathers tickle my nose. Wishing to forget about everything. “I want to start over too, Caleb.” I whispered to him. Eyes closing, his body shadowing me from the reflective light off the snow, hiding the blood and bruising. Hiding the broken soul within me. I knew part of me still loved Tembovu, but whether or not he would ever love me back was another story. He was having a child with someone else. I had slept with him after the fact and he never told me. I was shattered. Shattered to the point I wasn’t even sure if Caleb would be able to fix me.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Caleb

It was rather beautiful: the way she swept away his subconscious insecurities, the way she dove into his eyes and starved all the fears from him, allowing him to taste the sweet nectar of dreams tucked away. When Caleb loved, it wasn't casually. The love he had once felt had been fierce. It had been his heart ripped wide open, a display to those around him. It was all he had and everything he knew. He had given his love out like a gift, but the receiver saw not a gift, but a poison. Caleb now knows little of what warmth accompanies love, nor does he remember the pleasant sensation of confessing his love. It is pain for him, the idea of love.

She's a saint with the lips of a sinner, she looks like a woman but feels with the fragility of a girl. She is the sun: elegant, fiery, golden. He is the nighttime: dark, cold, silent. There is not one without the other, they coincide, but can they both be at the same time?

Through sadness, he can remember her- the one he had loved before. He can not say this mare that had snared his heart before Helovia had been beautiful, nor had she been spectacular in any other aspects. She was simple, as was he (at the time). Still, he had loved her doubtlessly and immensely. She had been a viper, riddled with a deathly poison, poised to strike at him- a starry-eyed boy.

"I don't know how or why..." His eyes timidly remained on Rex. "but I miss you." A pause, small and brief, it is the moment he summarizes his next line, his voice aching to speak his mind, to say what he believes. "I miss you all the time." He blinks slowly, a contemplating expression castes onto his face. What he felt was strong, he wasn't sure if it was love, nor did he know why he felt it. He wasn't sure she would feel the same way. She inspires him, the way stars do a dreamer and the sun does to the ocean.

'I love you' does not have to be yelled from one lover's lips to another's, it can be said from one beating heart to another. Was this enough for her, or was it too much? Caleb had always overdone it or underdone it, but this... this felt perfect. To him, this moment was perfect. A moment had never been more so.

A goofy grin crawls onto nearly quivering lips, eyes alight with some sort of emotion- hope? With this new emotion, he greeted the golden mare whom he committed to start again with. "I am Caleb, it is nice to meet you." The whole word fractures around him, shattering to the ground. The world has left, it is just them. She is the world, in a way no one else has ever been. He was nervous, nervous that she would scorn him for his emotions, revert him back to ultimate coldness, a coldness which still lingered nearby, ready to lock him away from the world once more. There was a coldness, and it threatened to turn him into stone.

"blah blah blah."
<3 much love for this, @Rexanna

I pulled away for what seemed like an eternity. The heat radiating off of his ebony coat, his behemoth self shielding me away from the outside world. It was like time was slowing and coming to a gentle stop with the two of us starting over. Memories of the first time we had met flushed into my mind but as he said that he missed me all the time my heart shuddered slightly. Tembovu began to flush from my mind ever so swiftly. If he were to have a child with another, then so be it. Yes, I was upset at it happening, but there was nothing more that I could do other than move on. It appeared as though Caleb was willing to move on as well and perhaps we could step off on a new step into the world together. What if I didn’t have to be alone through this? He had opened up so much in the darkness of the cave, in the few moments he had even been there. I shivered gently, not a racking one this time. One from what could be considered to be the start of happiness. The start of a new life, one where I could stop hurting Tembovu and he could stop hurting me, in turn.

I am Caleb, it is nice to meet you.

Swiftly, like an eagle stealing a fish from the river, my memories of our first encounter were gone. This is the part I needed to remember, and I would. I dipped my crowned head to him, my chains sliding gently and effortlessly over my bruised face in the motion, lifeless blue eyes hiding behind my eyelashes slowly glinting with a light. A new light. One ignited by the hybrid that stood before me. I smiled to him, genuinely. Raising my head back to place, pieces of my white and ashen mane drifting over my shoulder effortlessly. “Hello Caleb. I am Rexanna. It’s a pleasure.” I said gently, reaching out to brush my nose to his in a gentle greeting. My golden coat speckled with cream was a stark contrast to the beast of the night that had come to my rescue.

I don’t suppose I could ask what brings you out here in such a freezing night?” I questioned gently. Knowing full well that I was the reason he had come. I always was the reason. But for this time I wasn’t complaining. He was no longer the brooding character of my past that haunted my shadows before I had confessed my love for Tembovu to him. I began to wonder if he could be the one for me. The one that perhaps wouldn’t end up having a child with someone else while I believed our relationship had grown strong. It was going to be an adventure. He was younger than I, naïve in ways that I was now more mature. But we each had our childish ways. He could throw his childish tantrums and I could still believe in a life full of happiness and love. If this was a fairytale, he was the prince that came for the damsel in distress. He, the prince shrouded in black – and I, the damsel shrouded in gold and trapped in a tower of my own mind.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Caleb <33333333

His skin vibrates with anticipation for her skin. He does not know how this will end, but he can say that when it begins, it'll feel like the gentle lick of rain, and when it ends, it'll feel like the intensity of fire.

"You brought me here." He would've come for no other reason. Rexanna was it for him.

She hadn't told him flowery words, nor had she offered him peace. She went with him to the depths of his anger and coldness and allowed him his darkness. It is deep down that the slow mending of his broken soul began. She would never know what impact she had on him.

"Rex?" He asked softly, a prequel to whatever thought would be spoken. "You are magnificent." He offered her a sincere smile, and though it was lop-sided and made him look dorkier then ever, the beast looked forty-five times more approachable. He seemed like every other horse, not some dark and looming beacon of darkness. His compliment to her is simple, but the honesty behind it was unnerving. She is magnificent, beautiful, intelligent, amazing.

In the shadows of the cave, his skin continued to twitch with excitement.

The quiet pleads from Henrietta through their mental connection not to take this further were ignored. Henrietta was not exactly fond of Rexanna for various reasons, but Caleb ignored the hound completely.

He was caught up in the moment.

He saw the bruises on her porcelain face. "Are you alright?" Maybe he meant more. Did Tembovu do this? Could he help in any way? Could he seek revenge on whatever thing had done this? Who wanted to harm the maiden? His muzzle stretched towards her's, forelock slipping off of the bridge of his nose, covering one of his silver eyes. His nostrils quiver slightly. It is worry that drives him to somewhat inspect the bruises on her face. It is wonder that drove him to ask if she was alright when clearly she wasn't.

She hadn't been alright before.

Rex had always seemed... sad. It was the same way he was sad, under a deceptive facade. They could see each other, however. They are fucked up in their own ways.

"blah blah blah."

@Rexanna i've literally been writing and re-writing this for four days

You brought me here.

I shivered again, wishing that with all the emotions that flooded my mind that I could just run to him and melt within him. Golds and blacks mixing into a pool of one. But I held my movements, held my tongue, refrained from speaking until he was finished. I didn’t know exactly which way this was going, but he was here and willing to listen to me. And before when I wanted to tell him the reason why I had seemingly chosen Tembovu – he pushed me away. This time it was different. This time he came for me. My head pulsed lightly with the bruising on my face as I raised an eyebrow slightly, curious when he said my name. My head tilting slightly in my curiosity, golden chains sliding over the bruising like a snake. He said I was magnificent and he smiled. I returned the smile and only nodded slightly. “You’re quite the tall, dark, and handsome one – yourself.” I admitted to him, beaming to him. Forgetting all the past events that haunted me into this cave. He was here. A black flame to ignite my happiness once more. At least, so I hoped.

He moved closer to me and he noticed the bruising. I began to shy away slightly when he asked me if I was okay before pushing my head out to him, a quiet sigh escaping my partially open lips. “Not exactly alright, but surviving.” I admitted to the ebony stag. Shrugging slightly, I turned my eyes to the outside of the cave where the snow fell slightly stronger now. But I noticed a movement from him, his nose outstretching to mine and when my eyes fell upon his own, I noticed his forelock had slid off and I just smiled gently to him, pressing my nose to his briefly. “Don’t worry about me, though. I did this to myself. I thought it would be a great idea to ram my face into a giant Tiger god – thing. Not my smartest move, I’ll tell you that.” I nodded, agreeing with what I was saying before I recoiled into myself slightly again. Feeling awkward and slightly ashamed, remembering the fight and the events that occurred afterwards. I averted my gaze once again and looked to the stone floor before taking a deep breath. “I missed you.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Caleb , I DUNNO WHAT HAPPENED HERE. Random bipolarism I guess. xD