the Rift

[PRIVATE] Feels Like the First Time

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

The skies were dark, and the clouds had abandoned the TallSun night. It was a rare thing, for me to be out this late let alone without Alanna. She had retired for the night, tired from the day. We had been out on our own patrol, not the one passed down from Ktulu. That one had already been completed with Ciceron many days ago, but that didn't keep me from keeping on my toes. After all, wasn't that what a good warrior did? Either way, the night was perfect for a patrol of one.

It also gave me a lot of time to think. Time that I really did not want or need. My thoughts tended to wander to past loves, and losses. Not just losses in potential mates, but in family as well. From my mother, to my father, and my baby sisters. I didn't even want to think about those I had loved and lost. So instead, I pushed myself into a full on gallop. The amont of ground I covered while I ran, I don't know. All I know is by the time I slowed the the Sun was starting to rise and I was only in the Meadow. So much for being back before dawn.

I can feel Alanna still dreaming, so I slow my pace. It had felt good to burn off all those thoughts, but it also left me... Frustrated. A type of frustrated that I had not felt in a long time. One that only one thing could take care of. But with no sight of Cheveyo in a while, and the fact that I hadn't told her how I felt... Well even that was out too. So instead i'll linger here in the Meadow, and head home here in a bit.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Aaron
A Shepherd I Shall Be, For Thee, My Lord, For Thee
Power Hath Descended Forth From Thy Hand
That My Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Command
So I Shall Flow A river Forth To Thee And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
x - x

@Phantom

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The meadow was a place that Phantom had become comfortable with. Food was plentiful, there was a stream so she was never thirsty or dirty. Honestly her hide had never been as clean and free of blood, dirt, and mud as it had been since she'd left the Basin and took up residence in the meadow. To top it all off, however, there were plenty of places for her to hide if someone came up that she didn't feel like talking to, like that dappled stallion she'd run in to in the Grove. She'd trampled all over his manhood after he'd tried to show off and seduce her and she'd do it all over again.

She was in the stream washing as she usually did in the early morning when she heard the echo of hooves hitting the ground as someone galloped through the meadow. Her head lifted, her ears strained forward as she listened, and her crimson eyes swept over the horizon as she searched for whoever it was. The stark whiteness of his coat stood out against the darkness of the grass and she expected him to run straight through the meadow without stopping. It was enough to make her wonder if something or someone was chasing him, but then he stopped.

Phantom frowned, her head tilting as she watched him. Finally, the pale mare stepped from the stream and walked slowly toward the stallion who was still moving but had slowed considerably. "What are you running from?" She called out to him, wondering idly if the sound of her voice would make him stop or spook him into running again when he realized that he wasn't alone. 

"."

Phantom

so scatter all my ashes when i'm dead
and destroy every legend in my head

@Aaron

"What are you running from?" My head twists quickly as I stop suddenly to turn and find the source of the voice. I had thought I was alone, but I had assumed wrong. A unicorn mare, slightly taller than I am stood not to far off. Something about her coloring reminded me of both Ktula and Ophelia. But surely not all unicorns that were the same as them were related to the twins. I might as well answer her, instead of just standing here staring. "Nothing. Just running to keep in shape." It was true after all. I am a Conscript of the Falls now. I am ranked just below the Champions. Of all the warriors, I need to stay fit. If something should happen to Ciceron or Ktulu, I would be in command.

I can feel Alanna stirring, her emotions as she realizes I am not there with her. It's alright. I went for a run. Go hunt. I'll be there soon. With that, I could feel her relax. By hunting, she would be distracted from whatever I said to this mare. I just needed a bit of time without someone telling me what to do. Even if I knew Alanna meant it for the best. She wanted me happy. "What brings you out here, this early in the morning?" No, I was not going to ask her name or tell her my own. That would come in time. After all, she had asked me a question first. She was also coming toward me.

As she walked I took time to look her over. She was very beautiful, I will admit that. The way her red horns brought out her red eyes against her pale skin. Oh why did she have to come closer when I am still so.... Frustrated...

Aaron
So I Shall Flow A river Forth To Thee And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
x - x

@Phantom

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

ali

"Nothing. Just running to keep in shape."

She continued to approach, but as she did she allowed her eyes to sweep over the young stallion's frame in appreciation. Muscles rippled beneath his coat as he moved, practically screaming at her that he was a warrior. Couple that with the scars on his coat from previous battles and he made for a stallion that was pretty nice to look at. "I see." She said, finally coming to a stop several paces away from him. "Do you run through this meadow at such an early hour often?"

As she asked her question he posed his own, asking her why she was out so early. "I live here." Came her very simple answer. "I was having a bath when I heard you running like you had a demon at your heels." Again, her eyes swept over him before she looked in the direction that he had come running from. What herd was in that direction? The Hidden Falls, maybe? Or the Edge was close by, too, from what she remembered. She was positive that was not from the Basin unless he had a horn that had been broken off flush with his forehead.

"What herd are you a warrior for?" She finally asked. It felt strange to make small talk with someone that she didn't know, but she had been alone for a while after leaving the Basin. As pointless and inane as chatting with a stranger was it offered a reprieve from the loneliness and silence that outcast life brought with it. And this stallion wasn't as bad as the last one that she'd met.

"."

Phantom

@Aaron

I want to back away from her as she advances. To be close to her, well my frustration may just get the better of me. But then again, would that be such a crime? I am a stallion, and a virgin at that. Surly I would be considered a late bloomer if anyone knew that. The others, mare and stallion alike that are my age all had started families by now. Or well, at the very least had a child. I am not sure I want a child with just any mare.... But well, the idea of getting rid of my frustration and enjoying the company of a beautiful mare.... Well that's tempting. "Do you run through this meadow at such an early hour often?" Her voice breaks my thoughts as she stops a few steps between us. "Not always this early, but I tend to run here a good bit." I admitted to her. Yes, the meadow was a good place for me to run and yet be close enough to the Falls should trouble arise.

On the heels of my answer, came her answer to my own question. She, lived here? Well, I guess this means she is an outcast... But why? I mean, a mare with a body and looks like her could surely have a mate and family somewhere if she wanted. "Ah, well I am sorry for interrupting your bath." The thought crosses my mind of asking to join her, but I decide very quickly against it. I would not make the advance. If she wants me, she can come get me. Man do I need to stop thinking from between my loins. "What herd are you a warrior for?" Ah, she can tell i'm a warrior. "Hidden Falls. I'm actually third in command of the warriors." Okay, so that sounded better in my head. To be honest I don't really know if I am third in command, but I'm close enough right? Only Ciceron and Ktulu hold a place above me now... er well, and the Czars too. But out of our ranks, I am right below the Champions. One day, i'm going to be a Champion.

I can feel Alanna hunting, her mind distracted from what I am doing or thinking. Good.
"So why does one as beautiful as you, live out here all alone?" There, I had said it. Well, I had said it and was kind of flirting with her a bit I guess. No harm if she turns me down, and if she doesn't... Well maybe there would be some well needed relief.

Aaron
So I Shall Flow A river Forth To Thee
And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
x - x

@Phantom

Et Spiritus Sancti

ali

His body language is tense, frustrated maybe, and she noticed it when she'd been advancing toward him only a few moments prior. But what could he be so tense about? She didn't have to wonder on it long because she knew stallions. She'd dealt with them all her life, felt the same passions and frustrations that they had during battle and after battle and everywhere in between. It made Phantom want to tease him and see how far she could push him before the restraint that he was so obviously practicing finally broke. "What else do you do to stay in shape." She asked coyly, her head tilting ever so slightly.

"I was not quite finished with it." She admitted when he apologized for interrupting her. It wasn't as if the stream would dry up and she would have to go without. "You actually look as though you could use one yourself, Mister Third-in-Command." A playful smile curled the corners of her mouth. She turned and as she did she flicked her long tail at Aaron, fully intent on slapping it against his chest. Her head turned and she looked at him over her shoulder, her eyes sparkling mischievously. "This way."

As she began to walk back toward her stream she could hear him asking her why someone as beautiful as she was lived out there all alone. And there it was, the first crack in his restraint. "I never said that I lived alone." She hummed even though it was true.

"."

Phantom

@Aaron

"What else do you do to stay in shape." The way she asked, well it flat out told me that my frustration was obvious. Ah well. If she teases me and leaves me wanting, then I will just have to train harder. If not.... Well we shall see. "Patrol, or spar with others of the herd to increase my skill or to help with theirs." It was the truth, even if I was not fond of sparring with those I would be helping. I'd rather spar with those better than me, to learn from them and grow.

I nod and was just about to turn and make an exit when she spoke again. Her words, well grabbed my complete attention. She admitted she was not finished with her bath, but also claimed that I needed one too. I huffed softly, not really thinking that I did.. But the flick of her tail against my chest.... Well there was just something about it that I could not resist. She told me to follow. I stayed where I was for a moment. My resistance was already cracking as I asked if she lived alone. "I never said that I lived alone." Okay, now I have to follow and find out. But if she has a mate... Then no, I should not be here. "Well then surely your mate will be coming back soon. I wouldn't think he would like you with another stallion...." yes, try to be the good guy. Let her come to me. Let her keep making the advances and let her pursue me. I want to know that she wants what I do before I make any moves. I also want to make sure I am not going to be tapping another stallion's mate. I do have some noble morals... Even if I am possibly going to break one by not waiting to have a mate of my own..

Aaron
x - x

@Phantom

Et Spiritus Sancti

ali

"Well then surely your mate will be coming back soon. I wouldn't think he would like you with another stallion...."

Mates.

What was it with the horses in Helovia and the idea of having one particular mate? What were they, wolves? She was quite certain that if any of the horses that lived here and had mates lived in Dorngarrow they would be shocked to find that mates mattered very little. What mattered was carrying on a strong lineage. A strong mother and a strong father creating a strong foal that would grow into a warrior.

But that wasn't what this was. This had nothing to do with foals or carrying on any kind of lineage. Sometimes sex was just sex. It was meaningless, a way to work out frustration and excess energy, a way to make yourself feel good and then, when it was over, you could send the fuckboy on his way and wash the stench of him off.

"I never said I had a mate." Phantom hummed softly as she walked toward the stream. She wanted to roll her eyes, though. She was offering herself to the stallion out of a combination of boredom and the fact that she hadn't had a good lay since she crossed the Threshold, and he was trying to act like a saint. Since when did stallions ever control their urges? It was annoying that she was having to work so much to break his restraint and she was beginning to wonder if she would be able to. If he continued to act so noble she'd just have to give up on him and chalk him up to a stallion that had some respect.

But she had to try one last time.

"And if I did, don't you think you should hurry before he came back?" She stopped, her head turning as she looked at the warrior. It was up to him whether or not he accepted her final invitation and if he didn't then he could run his ass back to the Hidden Falls and spar with his friends.

"."

Phantom

@Aaron

"I never said I had a mate." And, there goes all resistance I had left. Yep, it's going to happen. I stood, frozen in place as she kept going for a few more paces. "And if I did, don't you think you should hurry before he came back?" Oh screw the being noble. I'm frustrated and alone and sick and tired of being the only one that I know of that isn't getting laid. Without another word I move forward, barely realizing what I was doing as pure instinct took over. I nip at the base of her tail, asking, no demanding her move it. If she does have a mate, then I need to hurry. But if she is telling the truth and does not... Well maybe we can have plenty of early morning fun before I have to return to the Falls...

[fade to black]

That, was most certainly more enjoyable than I could of ever imagined. Why, had I waited so long to do this? Immediately I being to feel guilty as I slide from her back. If Cheveyo were to ever find out, how would she feel? I mean, we aren't mates... I technically am free and clear. But at the same time, I care about her. Would this hurt her, if she cares for me too? I don't have to tell her. I mean, not like I am ever going to see this mare again. At least, I don't think it's likely. "By the way, my name is Aaron." Yeah I might as well tell her my name. I mean, we did just... "Ya know, in case you ever want to track me down." Yeah, I kinda just left it open to another time with her. But then again, that also leaves it up to her if she ever wants to see me again. "I better be getting back to the Falls, duty calls." I look toward my home, and wait to see if she says anything more.

Aaron
x - x

@Phantom

Et Spiritus Sancti