the Rift

[OPEN] I've Waited Long Enough for You

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

It had become increasingly active as of late, ever since he touched his lips to her side and awakened what lay within. She knew it would be born soon, for it was constantly tumbling around within her. Today, the baby was more restless than. Every time it moved, Eden thought she might actually explode. Lugging around the extra weight was getting annoying.

But when the pain hit, it was no longer just annoying, it was agonizing. The spasms that rippled across her side forced waves of unimaginable pain to course through her. Her legs shook with every step, but she kept walking. Perhaps she was looking for something (someone), for she would not halt her journey.

Sweat glazed her body, pale coat glistening in the sun. It was noon on a hot summer's day. She silently cursed the child (and herself) for choosing to be born now of all times. She wasn't anywhere near her home, either, she knew that. It was far too hot and...windy?

She came upon the beach, slipping in the sand and falling to her knees, then her side. She could go no further, even if she wanted to. She cried out softly, then loudly, thinking that perhaps this child might actually kill her. She had never been set on fire before, but she imagined it to be something like this.

[nasty birth stuff here ew]

And there she was. She. Not it. Pale coat, tiny legs, gold accents, a crown of ivy and love. A perfect blend of her parents. The pain Eden had felt when getting her here suddenly didn't seem to matter anymore. All that mattered was her, her, her. Eden wasn't sure what to do with the kid, but she knew that if Ilios saw his daughter like this, he'd be quite dissatisfied, for the tiny filly was coated with sand and other fluids. She shifted herself closer to the foal, too tired to stand yet, and began to lick the kid spotless. Getting her clean is a good place to start, right?

Right?

What am I doing?

ahh baby @Maui is here at last! :D @Ilios - open to all

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Maui Posts: 6
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 10 Months :: Ages in Tallsun
Candy
Maui
The writhing body pulsated and contorted with the flush of air that sprung into her lungs as fast as she had into the world. Wet and blinded from the wonders of birth, the little fae rolled onto the unfamiliar terraria, a wash of grit-like material sticking to her pelt. Then came the squeaks of the need - the need to be quenched. With her beautifully wide bronze pools glazed over from the bewilderment of what was happening there came an even bigger urge that compelled the creature to attempt a stand. For this moment she had not paid one ounce of attention to the dam that brought her life, but the nourishment and satisfaction her own production gave. With the search for milk at hand, it would have given time for the queen to go about her own duties of care.

What was to happen to this sweet, innocent little creature was going to be decided by the gods of this world. But at this present moment the little foal knew nothing of the difficulties. Her biggest enemy was death, not that she knew. And for this she would remain blind for as long as she was dependent on her parents.

And so another was born...

[OOC:I'm so sorry this is so shit! She'll be more lively soon ;D]

" . "
image credits

@Eden @Ilios

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I
L
I
O
S
The blistering Tallsun heat did not bother the golden stallion as he strode down the beach. This is where is soon to be born foal had been produced. He already loved his baby, even if it had yet to hit the ground. A smile was constantly upon his face now that he was going to be a father. Silver eyes roved over the golden sands before his short powerful frame. He enjoyed the heat as it soaked into his golden and teal frame. Strong ears caught some sound, so naturally he moved towards it. He had no idea what it was, but he had to know. It wasn't long before Ilios realized it was a mare crying out. Fear gripped his heart, was another monster attacking the lands. Anger soon replaced the fear as he called out letting the lady know help was on the way. Galloping down the sand, grainy clouds flying behind him the stallion searched for the damsel.

It didn't take long for him to see his silvery mate. Panic gripped him in it's icy clutches. "Eden!" he yelled in his bass drawl. The scent of blood only drove his fear. She was laying in the sands her sides heaving and horned head moving up and down rhythmically. Her back was towards him her beautiful hide covered in sand. Once he was close enough the stallion dove to his knees behind her trying to cushion her. He tried to nuzzle her neck as her head bobbed. "Eden, are you ok?" He whispered craning to see over her back wondering what she was doing.

Silver eyes caught sight of the most beautiful foal he had ever seen. Liquid filled his bright gaze as he watched the filly getting cleaned up. She was perfect, silver with golden points and a horn. He could see the ivy markings, like his and his father's, wrapped around her head a tiny teal heart attached to it. Liquid filled his steel oculars blurring his vision until two tears slid down his cheeks. This was indeed the best day of his life. His baby girl was here with them, just waiting to explore Helovia and learn everything it had to offer. "She is so beautiful, just like you..." He was breathless in his joy and love. Unable to keep away any long her tried to nuzzle the mother before standing and striding to look down at his foal. He lowered his head trying to nuzzle his little girl. "Hello my sweet baby, I'm your father." He smiled brightly tears filling his eyes once more as he watched her. Turning back to Eden he spoke softly, "What should we name her?" He grinned brightly down at her, knowing she would stand up soon and feed their baby.

Speech
Words;; 462
Tags/OOC;; @Eden @Maui SO SORRY this took so long! My trip to MO worry me out more than I thought it would!
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

Eden flicked her ears back as the child began to stir. The pale, golden dipped filly then began to wiggle. Not just a little bit. A lot a bit. Eden's brow furrowed, moving her head away from the child as she wiggled and whinny. The child seemed full of energy. Or perhaps just highly motivated.

"Eden!"

Her lips fell open slightly, her golden gaze shifting from her daughter to the stallion calling her name. It was one she knew well. Relief flooded her body upon seeing his golden body gleaming against the similar shades of the sand, his ivy markings standing out strikingly against his coat. Tears well up in her eyes, and for a moment, she feels a bit of pride for her small family.

"Ilios," She whispers softly when she sees him, but she can't hold her excitement. "Ilios!" She shouts, still too weak to stand and run to his embrace. He falls to her side, cushioning her head and running his lips across her neck. She heard him speak, but she did not listen. She was focused only on him, on the way his skin felt against hers.

Then he noticed the foal. Eden looked up to the little filly, watching her wriggle around for a moment. She smiled at her daughter before looking to Ilios with a gaze that said, 'Look what I did! I did it! Be proud with me!'

He nuzzled her, then left to join the filly. Eden began to rise as well, realizing the filly was most likely so active for being hungry. (It took her a while to realize this, but at least she did, in fact, realize it, right?) Eden was a bit shaky, but she managed to move to their daughter's side. She nudged her softly in an attempt to get her to try and stand as well. Eden flicked an ear to Ilios upon hearing his question, perhaps the greatest dilemma she had been faced with yet: choosing a name. She looked to him with uncertainty. Whatever they named her, she would be stuck with forever.

Eden knew the filly was born in tallsun, the hottest time of the year. Why not make her remember that easily? "How about a summery name?" Eden suggests, thinking for a moment before her face lit up, an idea forming in her mind.

"Maui?"

@Maui @Ilios I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! forgive me ;-;
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Maui Posts: 6
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 10 Months :: Ages in Tallsun
Candy

Maui
The little creature began to feel all the realities of the world shifting on her back like she were made of it. The heat was seething on her wet body, letting her dry quickly but perhaps not in the most dignified manner, the brightness of the rays piercing and blinding the creature that was only just beginning to have her eyesight given to her and now she was having to contend with all the sights and sounds that surrounded her. The terraria she had been lying upon had no meaning to her, but the sights of the creatures she was surrounded by seemed to have their own pull and she felt compelled to be closer.

The pair were closing around her and the little fae could feel the love that eminated from their bodices. It was a family's love, and something that no one would be able to take away from the infant.

Her desire to move about and get closer to these creatures caused the little one to almost bump into the one, her mother. She did not disregard the brute that stood before either, she knew he was her father. They were beautiful creatures and the little thing stared at them with big glossy pools of affection: and hunger.

In the melee the pale thing once again attempted to stand up, with gangly little pillars that seemed too fragile to hold her miniscule weight. She fell to the ground as they had started to shake and wobble as she tried to push up from the ground. A little yelp came from her soft baby velveteens, knocking the wind out of her as she hit the sun-dried ground with some force. But she could feel the desire to food becoming too great and once again she tried, only to succeed. Her pillars held her weight and the sun rays bounced off her sweet, infantile little bodice as she trailed her way (very clumsily) towards her mother.

"Maui?"

Was Maui her name? She gazed up at the large, maternal figure and wondered with soft and unknowing orbs. For now she didn't know, for now she was content in the ignorance of existence...
" . "

image credits

@Ilios @Eden [I can't tell you how sorry I am for taking so long guys! Life swallowed me up and I hope this suffices <3]