the Rift

Busted Compass [open]

Clay Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Oh yes, yes yes. Finally an actual path! Tired of wading through the sea of underbrush that she had gotten lost in for so long, the unicorn mare's step turned into a gleeful prance. There had been equine friends on this path before her, she could easily tell by their recent hoofprints and lingering scent. "Yes, good, yes," she mutters under her breath as she moves forward at a bit of a clip through the wood. "This will do quite nicely, quite nicely!" Making note of the path, she darts off just a bit towards a rather impressive tree and halts, though her energy continues through a flicking prehensile tail. Muttering gently under her breath, she bears her head down, horn against the tree, and spends a few good minutes carving a protective sigil. This is a whole new realm she's entered, that much is obvious. While she is here she might as well ward off any demons or evil doers. 

When she finally finishes, she steps back to admire her work--two nearly round circles, one inside the other. With a satisfied huff, she turns as quickly as she came and returns to the path. As she jogs down the path, her nose stretches down--her chin in danger of being tapped by her hooves. She is in wonder of the denseness of the soil, the thickness of the air. Throughout her travels she has been in awe of nature, wishing she could fell a tree herself and drag it back to her desert home. Water was abundant here (just flowing down the hill, can you imagine!) and the dank soil teemed with life. She wished she had brought a bag of some sort and some jars. If she could, she'd be taking samples. Wet earth, for grounding; and perhaps some leaves for luck...

Her curiosity gets the best of her when she trots right past movement in the leaves to her right before she even realizes it. A few paces forward, she halts in her tracks and rewinds, quickly backing up and then halting. In the darkness of these woods it is difficult to see, and it doesn't help that she's been focusing on the ground ten inches from her face. She blinks a few times to adjust, then turns her body to face the density of the woods. Rather than call out and inquire, she waits for the friend--be it equine, rabbit or deer--to emerge. Her nose and tail outstretched, she looks nearly cat-like in her stillness.

ooc: bear with me, I'll have some pretty html soon!

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I needed this. I needed something to keep my mind off of him and as terrible as it has been dealing with the issues at hand, I needed to address myself in other aspects. If my love life was going to be a little whole of darkness and woe, I needed to at least be great for my herd. I needed to throw myself out there once again and get people to come home with me. I needed to work on my duties for my herd. I needed to just do something else. A heavy sigh passed my lips as I made my way from the Basin into the Threshold, the trees unfamiliar now. When was the last time I was here? End of Frostfall, early Birdsong? It felt like ages. The trees were showing it as well, with Tallsun overhead drying up the tops of the foliage. It was a beautiful scene if you were into that sort of thing.

But I needed to at least come across something here. I managed to find a squirrel or two, but that would do me no good here. I decided to step off the beaten path – so to speak – and head out in a new direction. Ears shifting now and then to see if I could hear anything. Moments passed with nothing until I finally stopped and held my breath. My heartbeat slowing slightly with the loss of the exercise and I managed to hear a sound that reminded me of hoofsteps! Thanking the Gods in the back of my mind, I emerged from the thick of the bushes I had managed to find myself in. And this mare stood there, looking at me like she’d seen a ghost. I glanced around to see if anyone else had appeared but found nothing. Was she scared of me? She was on edge. All I could offer was a dip of my head and a smile. “Hello!

I felt like I had just crawled out of the undergrowth, climbed out from hell. But if I needed to have a mask over my face, now would be the time. I shook a few leaves out of my dual toned mane and tail – the movements causing a slightly muted clink of my delicate golden chains that connected my cream hued ear to my brightly golden horn. As well as a few chains that decorated my forehead. My blue eyes curiously watched the mare for a few moments, the colors striking against my black markings. Almost like running mascara, the color ran down my nose and up my cheekbones. The rest of my pelt was a set of cream with golden hues near my rump, like an appaloosa. And as I glanced across the mare, I noticed she had a similar feat as I. Her colors seemed to change just as mine did, but differently. Though where this mare carried a leonine tail, mine was very much an equine tail. I couldn’t complain though.

I sat back on my haunches a little bit, relaxing in the presence of this mare. Keeping my smile to her, I inhaled briefly. “You’ve reached Helovia, and I am Rexanna from the Aurora Basin. Who might you be?” I asked gently, politely. Despite so much happening in the recent past, I nearly felt more confident speaking with strangers. Especially those new to Helovia. If perhaps this mare was new? She seemed to have a confused look on her face from the moment she saw me, so either it was confusion of me or the place. Perhaps a mix of both?

"Talk?"
rexanna
Rivers and roads, rivers and roads.
Rivers ‘til I reach you.

@Clay Welcome! :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

She felt amazingly good. A pungent taste lingered on her tongue but it was forgotten, swept away by the warm, floating feeling that coursed through her body. Erthë felt as though she was floating through the forest, head swimming with impressions; flickering light and drifting scents, colors swirling past in a blurry haze.

It had probably been a stupid thing to do. Uncle Badger had warned her that the effect of the weeping red flowers could be very unpredictable, had told her to only use them in an emergency. But wasn't that what this was? To be in a state of constant pain for day after day after day, unable to sleep or focus or stay still as the ache gnawed at her, nibbling away her sanity one second at a time... After enduring it for a week the filly'd had enough.

So she left the misty forest, went to the vast, sprawling meadows; a slow and painful march, the once fleet and elegant stride reduced to heavy limping by the severe injuries to the left front leg. And there, amidst the thistles, she found them. The red, brilliant flowers that cried white tears when damaged, flowers that could relieve her of agony but also curse her for the rest of her life...

Erthë was careful, took only one and chewed down the bittersweet petals. And waited.

And it had been bliss. Sweet, wonderful euphoric sensations had swept away the sharp stabbing in the leg until she could stand on it without feeling a thing. It was like being born anew, delivered from agony and unleashed into a world that was more beautiful than she had ever realized before.

Elated she had picked more of the flowers, picked them and bound them into heavy wreathes so that she could carry them with her. And as she left, the filly realized that she didn't want to go home. No, she couldn't go home, not now that she was feeling so good! Instead of west she headed east, towards the deep forests and the sprawling Threshold woodlands. She had her bow with her; she would practice with it again, find a secluded spot and stay there all day!

It was on her way to find such a place that she came across the two mares. One was familiar, the other not; but that was alright, she liked strangers too. With a dazed look on her face, eyes a little glazed and with a dreamy smile on the lips Erthë tripped along the path until she could stop, side by side with the gold and cream lady she had conversed with once, before her world turned grim and dark.

"Hello Rexanna!" she chirped, extending her flower-laden neck to brush noses with the unicorn. "How are you? I'm feeling goood, these flowers are amazing!"

She beamed at her, and at the stranger too; "Hi hi, I'm Erthë from the World's Edge, nice to meet you! Would you like one of these?"

Plucking a crimson flower from the wreath she extended it towards the dainty looking mare, her long tail curling lazily around the legs.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

Uh oh, baby is high on poppy flowers xD Nevermind her, okay?

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real, for the Devil at the cross road wants to make a Deal
His body drug like a dead body through the forest that he was all to familiar with. Some days are better than others, but for now he just deals with it. His steps turned light and airy as he could smell a group of equines. He stood still and thought if he really wanted to do this today. The last equine he came across was insane to say the least, but she hadn't showed her face in the basin yet. He let a sigh leave his maw as he continued on in the threshold.

He then picked up on some tracks of not one but three different equines. Great he thought now he would have to deal with three instead of one. The reclusive stag contemplated turning in his track and leaving the three alone, but he shook his head pressing on. What ever is this equine was interested in going to the basin then he will help, but if not he will simply walk away. He pressed on growing closer and closer to the as they huddled around the one in the center. His deep gray eyes looked around and saw that they were all females, but one stood out to him.

Rexanna was there, it has been forever since he had seen her. He watched for a bit looking over her golden pelt as a small grin flooded his maw. Then he saw the little white mare he had tried to protect in the wolf. Well she really was not a mare yet she was a filly. Anyways he felt his heart drop a bit wondering if they had remembered him, but he shook his head slightly once again and walked up to the group. ""Hello all, what a little group you have brought to your self. I am Mortuus Nox and i come from the Basin like Rexanna over here."" He grinned looking to Rexanna. A lot of the death feel that grew over him had vanished due to his healing with Lena and his long talks with Tia. He was a much lighter version of him self since Rexanna had first met him."Long time since i have seen you beautiful. You still have that golden radiance glowing around you." He smiled to the mare not knowing all she had been through, he was just looking to try to make the golden beauty smile.
Image Credits!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Unregistered
The young mare immediately relaxed when the newcomer called out and emerged from the thicket. She blinked a few times and smiled, lifting her head and shifting her weight so that she was no longer on high alert, just pleased and excited. Her new friend was striking and Clay could not help but stare at her for a few moments. They were both unicorns, and not unlike one another in color, but this mare had lovely hues of gold and black and an undeniable kindness to her face. 

Ears so far forward it looks like it would hurt, she listens to her introduce herself. Clay can hardly contain her excitement, dancing a bit in place at the word "basin". Basin? Like water? Their whole body of water? She has found her Eden at last! The water in Accomac was so scarce that one had to lick the meager streams that rolled down the dusty rocks for a drink. She couldn't remember the last time she, say, went swimming. The prospect delighted her to no end. 

"Rexanna!" she proclaims, calming her fidgeting slightly for formality's sake. "That's a pretty name. I'm Clay."

The words no sooner leave her mouth than they are met with a newcomer, a smiling little white thing with a wreath of flowers about her neck. A look of worry (something quite foreign to her) crosses Clay's face. Poppies! A child! It was amazing eating them hadn't knocked her right out. 

"Oh dear, oh dear" she mutters as she prances towards the foal and stretches out her nose towards her, wide-eyed as usual. "You shouldn't eat those, little one! Those are not for you dear, not for you." As the filly attempts to extend a flower to Clay, she does not take it but rather places her nose to the little one's forehead, feeling for warmth or signs of distress. However, she seems quite fine--if not loopy. 

She is so overwhelmed with her two new friends that she hardly notices the third! Missing his approach entirely, she gives a start, sidestepping away from his voice and throwing up her head. She is immediately calmed, however, by his friendly demeanor and genial addressing of Rexanna. Her body language, prone to go zero to sixty and back to zero again in under six seconds, changes completely as she rejoins the group, nodding at the new stallion though eyeing him warily. She is not terribly familiar with stallions--they would come and go through her herd but the family was mostly mares. 

Since the stallion probably did not hear her introduction, she spoke again in his direction. "I'm Clay. This basin you live in..." she pauses, as though afraid she may get an undesirable answer. "Does it have...water? Like, for everyone?"

@Rexanna @Mortuus Nox @Erthe

The mare appeared to relax and I simply offered her another smile. Then a little movement caught my eye and as I turned my head to look, I noticed the little white filly I had met in the previous Rift fights. Before I could open my mouth to say hello to her, her little voice chimed my name brightly. She asked how I was and I just nodded to her momentarily, reaching my creamy muzzle out to brush my nose softly against her velveteen ivory one. “I’m great, dear!” I spoke smiling. Lying under my smile. I wasn’t great, far from it actually. But this new creature here in the threshold didn’t need to learn about any of my troubles. I’d keep it hidden unless it was asked upon – of which this little filly didn’t know about. And hopefully I was hiding it well.

She said the flowers were amazing and the slight loopiness of her actions made me just shake my head slightly. I knew nothing about flowers, but it appeared that these had some interesting effects. Perhaps I needed to get ahold of some as well. You know, take my mind off of things. She turned her attention to the new mare, she said he name and I realized that I had pronounced her name all wrong. But to be fair, she was much younger then. She was also plagued with nasty boils that have appeared to be cleared up. I felt for the child, I did. Especially after hearing about the death of her mother – despite my random freak out at Tembovu. Word spread around, and you could feel the loss.

She grabbed a flower for the other mare, my blue toned eyes following it back to the mare that resembled me in a slight way. Then I remembered that she had spoke to me before Erthe had appeared. “Clay! That’s quite a wonderful name as well. It sounds extremely strong.” I smiled, beaming at her before she seemed to grow worried about the flowers that Erthe had offered. She seemed curiously worried, but I didn’t move. Not until I heard another person approaching. Curiously, my head turned to face the creature that had joined in on this party. The smile grew slightly on my creamy maw as I dipped my head to Nox. “Hello, Nox!” I spoke gently before he continued, more to me than the others that had accompanied me by this time.

I moved elegantly as he spoke, my golden chains chiming together with my movements ever so quietly before I reached my nose out to touch the ebony beast I had recruited from what seems like forever ago from the Threshold as well. “Thank you. I’m doing my best.” I admitted, smile faltering slightly but overcome by a small laugh that accompanied it. Luckily, Clay had a wonderful distraction as she introduced herself once again, heavy horned head turning to face her once more. She asked about the Basin and if it had water and I nodded to her gently.

Well, you see the Aurora Basin is quite up North. It has extreme amounts of water, but not necessarily in pools or rivers like I’m sure you’re curious about. It’s chilly, but comfortable and surrounded by snow all year round. We do have a hot springs that stays warm all year so even in the dead of winter, you can go for a swim. Also, as the name states, you can see the beautiful Aurora overhead at night. It’s quite striking, sitting in the mountains. We also have giant Sentinels that protect us all day and all night if intruders tried to get within the borders.” My voice held a hint of excitement and happiness, speaking of the Basin as such. It was gorgeous, mountainous, and snowy. Despite the cold, it was comforting.

I’m sure Nox can explain about the Basin more as well. And even if you’re not entirely interested in joining a herd yet, I’m sure Nox and I both would be honored to give you a tour of the land.” I said gently, glancing over to Nox with a nod of approval and turning my head down to the filly. “Not to be mistaken though, Erthe’s land is beautiful from what I hear as well.” I said softly, giving the filly a chance. Even if this mare decided to go with the filly – I hoped that Tembovu would know I didn’t entirely bash on the Edge as much as I could have from what he had done to me.

"Talk?"
rexanna
Rivers ‘til I reach you.

@Clay @Erthe @Mortuus Nox

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

The child smiled happily at anyone that payed her the slightest bit of attention. The radiance of the grin was perhaps a bit dulled by the dazed look of her eyes, though the emotion was as genuine as ever; she really was happy, and seeing both Rexanna and the big black blundering stallion who'd saved her in battle a few times made her want to laugh giddily - but she restrained herself, resorting to a weird, gurgling giggle as Nox showered the gold-chained lady in praise. It sounded a bit silly, but it was a nice thing to say!

As the stranger - Clay - began cooing about her poppies however, the smile faded from Erthë's face, replaced by a deeply serious expression, mature beyond her years as the shadow of pain darkened the brilliance of her eyes.

"Wrong" she said, not unkindly but with a determination that did not permit discussion. "They're for me, because I need them. Or it will hurt again, and I can't stand that."

Still, though her offered flower had not been accepted, she permitted the horned lady close and didn't shrink from the nose against her brow. Erthë guessed what she might want to accomplish by this, but whether Clay was able to estimate anything was uncertain. The winged filly had a strange body temperature after all, cold as ice; though her temperature rose and fell like everyone else's, it never climbed above freezing and left her quite difficult to read indeed.

Shuffling the alabaster wings against the sides, she withdrew from the tender affections of the newcomer and pricked the woolly little ears to listen to Rexanna. They seemed to have been talking about the herd lands when she'd arrived - a common topic indeed, though the focus was rather less so.

"The World's Edge has lots of water!" she said, lips curling into a smile again as her gilded friend sent her a pass. "It runs in streams and creeks through the forest and dance over the ground in curtains of mist, and always you can hear the rush of the ocean as waves pound against the white cliffs. The Basin is very nice, it's wonderfully cold, but I think I like the Edge better. It's where the Moon Goddess lives, after all!"

Beaming at Clay, she felt a thrill of excitement now that the time of decisions had arrived. No wonder horses toured the Threshold forest so often; it was very interesting to see where the new arrivals would choose to go in the end!

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Mortuus Nox
@Clay

So sorry for the wait!

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real, for the Devil at the cross road wants to make a Deal
His eyes watched over each mare. He was the only stallion here and thank god he had a wonderful respect for all mares. Well he would not say all, some of them he would love to just kill, or rape to shut up their god damn mouth. Anyways he would never do that to one unless they deserved it. He looked over each form, the small white foal was high on poppy flowers, but she will be fine the effects will wear off soon. The mare named Clay did not seem to know too much about herbs and plants around here, but then again it was his job to know about them. Rexanna was as golden and beautiful as ever, her blue eyes glistened as she spoke back to him. They needed to catch up on everything that was going on.

He quickly flicked his eyes back to Rex as she began speaking about the Basin. Oh that's right he was here to bring this mare to their home. He listened to her speak of how the Basin was filled with water, and she was damn right about that. That frozen place was like a never ending slushy. He chuckled a bit before he spoke"You don't have to worry about the child too much. The poppy flowers will wear off soon and she will be in her normal state of mind. It is like a slight pain killer, and well it could lead to depression i believe she will be just fine. As for the Basin I have found it to be a wonderful place. There is snow almost year around and lots of frozen water. I would love to show you our home, and if you decide to come with me and Rexanna, you don't have to make the Basin your home right away. If you do not wish to stay you can simply leave. " He looked to Erthe when he was explaining the side effects of the poppy flower to the new mare. Being a healer in the Basin has taught him a lot about the plant life, and he was always willing to share his knowledge when he could .
Image Credits!

@Rexanna
@Clay
@Erthë

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Unregistered
As her eyes danced from one equine to another, her hooves could not help but follow suit, absently prancing in place. Clay looked first to the defiant filly, realizing that the poppies did not hurt her at all. Pondering this, she lifted one foot then the other, as though testing the theory with the ground. Back home, most of the plants were harmful, that's why it was so hard to find food. Just when you thought there was something scrumptious to eat, there was mother chastising you for thinking about it. In the end they had tried cultivating their own gardens, but even those crops were invaded by dangerous species.

Her dancing paused for a moment as the young one spoke about the World's Edge. Water, everywhere! What a treat. She listened intently to each of them speak in turn, but it was the stallion's words that got her attention. Snow all year round...no more stifling desert sun, no more breathing the thick warm air like it would choke you at any moment. A child like Erthe had no reason to grow up coughing up muck--not in this new land. What an amazing find. 

Thinking about it, she had let the conversation lapse too long, the silence growing heavy in the air as they seemed to await her decision. Well, it was made. She turned her head away from the two grown-ups and once again stepped towards the filly, lowering her own head to the girl's level. "The World's Edge sounds amazing," she said to the child kindly. Clay had always loved children, perhaps for their relatability to her own childlike nature. "I should like to see it someday, if you'll give me a tour. But for now I imagine I'd like a good roll in the snow." She smiled, thinking about it, then looked towards Rexanna and Mortuus Nox, her expression growing a bit sheepish as she wondered if they'd have her, really.

@Rexanna @Mortuus Nox @Erthë
ooc; sorry if I'm a bit slow on responses, school is kicking my butt xD
SPEECH

I couldn’t help but to flick an ear backward toward Erthe as she spoke of the poppies. I remembered the young filly, covered in boils and pain with her stark contrast of a mother keeping a watchful eye on me as I spoke to her. Blue eyes glanced around briefly curious if the mare was to be found nearby or if something had happened during one of those Rift fights. The last one in the Isles, with Tembovu and Nyx, had completely grasped my attention from anything. As well as my sickness in the Flats that kept me from seeing straight. I didn’t know what happened, but I only nodded along with her. If anything could take pain away, perhaps I needed to try it too. But now was not the time, perhaps I could find the poppies the white filly spoke of on another day.

However, seeing her excitement as I spoke of the Edge I knew I helped her feel a bit better about it. I smiled to her, gently, nodding along to what she said. I remembered it from when Mauja spoke of it when I met the elephant. She spoke of the Basin and my smile stayed, but when she spoke of the Moon Goddess it faded briefly – remembering the cold that vibrated from her very pelt. Erthe was beaming now, and I felt as though part of that was due to me. Was this a good deed done? Then Nox spoke up and my blue eyes travelled to the newcomer, curious of her reaction. And when she spoke, my heart jumped and pumped with an electricity I hadn’t felt in quite some time. I nodded to her, smiling, excited to bring her home with us.

Looking to Nox I nodded to him briefly before stepping to the side, ready to turn and head toward home. “Remember, if you don’t want to stay with us, we can definitely take a tour and see. If it doesn’t suit you, don’t feel pressured to stay, dear.” I said gently, beaming and bright. Gold glistening like it hadn’t for quite some time. I turned my head to Erthe, reaching out my muzzle for a gentle nuzzle of goodbye for her. “Take care of yourself, child. I hope to see you again soon. And if you see that bumbling Elephant, Tembovu, make sure he doesn’t get into too much trouble.” Oh no, did I  just say that? Would she question it? Pushing that thought aside I had more thoughts to travel over. I turned my head back to Clay, blue eyes landing on her pelt gently. “It’s a bit of a travel so if you need a break for rest, don’t hesitate to let us know.” I smiled to her.

"Talk?"
rexanna
Rivers ‘til I reach you.

I’M SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON. I DIDN’T KNOW YOU REPLIED, I’M SORRY!!!

@Erthe @Mortuus Nox @Clay